FORUM

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  WTF on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Don nothing will every change with the league, because fans likes us are ever growing smaller. Todays generation on fans have no real knowledge of the game of basketball and the fundamentals of playing it. They simply get all excited by whatever dumb shit that the NBA hypes with the help of ESPN. I saw this coming after MJ dominated the league and Stern urgency to get that back so everyone was being hyped as the next MJ. ESPN, Nike everyone was on board with the NBA because it became all about the money. Having a competitive league was no longer a requirement for Mr. Stern.

I sided with owners during the lockout, as much as Goodwill want's to say the owners he's wrong. The ownwers are simply caught in the middle of Greedy Stern and greedy players. Just look at the bullshit Howard is doing to the Orlando Magic, The Magic will come up short in dealing Howard and if I was them I would trade his ass just get rid of him at this point because they're in a no win situation. I would find the worst team to send him to, like the Wizards.

As for Sterns dumb decision for putting advertising on the jersey, this is just another example never having enough money and how shitty this league will become. I can imagine myself still being a fan 5 years from now.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WE Still Need to Make Two Power Move Trades

Post  Sebastian on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:22 am

Have you folks seen OUR 2012-2013 schedule? Here is the slate of games, during the first month of the season:

31-Oct-12 Houston
2-Nov-12 at Phoenix
4-Nov-12 at L.A. Lakers
6-Nov-12 at Denver
7-Nov-12 at Sacramento
9-Nov-12 at Oklahoma City
10-Nov-12 at Houston
12-Nov-12 Oklahoma City
14-Nov-12 at Philadelphia
16-Nov-12 Orlando
18-Nov-12 Boston
21-Nov-12 at Orlando
23-Nov-12 Toronto
25-Nov-12 at New York
26-Nov-12 Portland
28-Nov-12 Phoenix
30-Nov-12 at Memphis

Folks, there are no gimmies during these first 17 games. Some may think that Houston is a win, but the Rockets have continued to play a competitive brand of NBA-level basketball for quite some time, even during their .500 campaigns, in recent seasons.

You can't count the Kings as an easy win, either, especially during the first week of the season. Portland may even be better than what the analyst may think, especially during the first month of the season.

Folks, WE need to make two more trades: 1) Move Tay and Maggette to the Grizzlies for Rudy Gay; 2) Move Kyle Singler to Milwaukee for Tobias Harris; and 3) find a way to add DX's boy, Scott Machado to the roster.

WE are going to need a much better roster than what WE currently have to compete, next season.

WE all remember the last time Lawrence Franks started out as the head coach, during a normal 82-game season. The guy went 0-16 and was subsequently fired by Rob Thorn, then GM of the New Jersey Nets.

This is a hellifide schedule. It looks like a recycled scheduled from last year's foolish, compressed 66-game season. Seventeen games in 31 days to start the season, just don't seem right.

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:26 pm

[quote="Sebastian"]Have you folks seen OUR 2012-2013 schedule? Here is the slate of games, during the first month of the season:

31-Oct-12 Houston
2-Nov-12 at Phoenix
4-Nov-12 at L.A. Lakers
6-Nov-12 at Denver
7-Nov-12 at Sacramento
9-Nov-12 at Oklahoma City
10-Nov-12 at Houston
12-Nov-12 Oklahoma City
14-Nov-12 at Philadelphia
16-Nov-12 Orlando
18-Nov-12 Boston
21-Nov-12 at Orlando
23-Nov-12 Toronto
25-Nov-12 at New York
26-Nov-12 Portland
28-Nov-12 Phoenix
30-Nov-12 at Memphis

Folks, there are no gimmies during these first 17 games. Some may think that Houston is a win, but the Rockets have been played competitive NBA-level basketball for quite some time, even during their .500 campaigns, in recent seasons.

You can't count the Kings as an easy win, either, especially during the first week of the season. Portland may even be better than what the analyst may think, especially during the first month of the season.

Folks, WE need to make two more trades: 1) Move Tay and Maggette to the Grizzlies for Rudy Gay; 2) Move Kyle Singler to Milwaukee for Tobias Harris; and 3) find a way to add DX's boy, Scott Machado to the roster.

Sebastian why not wait until the first 17 games are played. Coach Frank could start the season with the vets including Maxiell, P. & M, with Bynum and Charlie V being the first two players coming off the bench. Then after Detroit at best only wins 5 of those 17 games, we fans might get the opportunity to watch the young guys play. Frank will have a perfect excuse to bench the players who are not part of the Pistons future. Let the Pistons have a losing record while at the same time, allowing the young players to bond and improve as a team. Then the Pistons will get to keep their first round draft pick next season and perhaps add a really good player. If Detroit makes the type of trade you suggest, perhaps the Pistons might make the playoffs but that would still not be a sure thing. And if they did make it, Detroit would most likely play Miami in the first round and get crushed. There sure are a lot of Piston fans who do not think much of Singler. I like him as a guy like Knight who knows what it takes to win games. Both Knight and Singler are character guys who are great for the other players to be around. Being extremely smart, those guys know how that small details make the difference between winning and losing. Those two young men will make sure Drummond is on the right path. As those players take the leadership positions on the team, they will demand more committment from their teammates. Next summer the Pistons can add a good free agent. Three years from now, as Miami and the other teams will start falling off for one reason or another and our Pistons might be primed to start kicking ass and taking names.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about Brandon Knight and Shaq's interview on NBA TV

Post  cool breeze on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 pm

First off, I believe the so called basketball experts have given Knight a bad rap. I have read many times that one of the problems on the Piston team last year was that Knight was turnover prone. Those experts are trying to create something by just reviewing the stat sheets. You can seldom determine much from the stat sheets. That is why reporters keep saying that Stuckey was playing like an All Star until he suffered so many injuries. I never believed that Stuckey played like an elite guard last year. He was inconsistant from game to game. My memory of events regarding games that the Pistons ended up winning had a lot to do with Brandon Knight. There were so many times when Detroit was back on their heals getting beat really bad and suddenly Knight decided he had enough of that and made some crazy play either on defense or offense that got the team going. A perfect example of that was when the Pistons were sucking big time and Knight stole the basketball and scored. Then he tried to save a bad pass from a teammate and jumped over the Pistons bench and into the crowd allowing a gatorade container to fall on his head drenching him from head to toe. Knight got up and cleaned himself up and ignited his team. We hadn't seen a player do that since Isiah Thomas played. About the turnover issue, Knight had to handle the basketball most of the time and because his teammates refused to move without the basketball much of the time, Knight was left to create something out of nothing much of the time as the shot clock was winding down. Another thing, I didn't see that Knight was a bad defender. He played really hard on defense and helped out the other guards a lot. I look for Knight to become an amazing player in his third season. If Monroe decides to remain a Piston when his contract expires, we could be in for some exciting basketball again and Knight will be the key guy.

I watched NBA TV last night and an interview with Shaq. I have really never liked Shaq going back to his college days. He made the statement that in the NBA there is no loyalty on the part of either the players or the owners and he likes it that way. He suggested that it is a good thing for players to be selfish and the great players should leave their small market teams for the big show if that is what they want. Shaq used himself as an example as he stated the Orlando front office did not act quickly enough on what he demanded them to do. What bull that statement was. Shaq couldn't wait to get to LA. There was nothing Orlando management could do to make him happy. And David Stern created special rules to allow Shaq to back his way to the basket. Stern wanted Shaq to play for the Lakers. I wonder if Shaq would have been able to man handle Motombo backing him down and then after being in the key for about 5 seconds, making his turn using the shoulder to knock his defensive man off balance if he had gone to the Pistons. As Shaq would go up, he would use the off arm placing it on his opponent's shoulder to give him more lift to assist him with his weak jumping ability so he could dunk the basketball. How many times did Shaq do that in the finals and for how many seasons? If he did it in the Olympics, he would have fouled out within one quarter. Stern believes to this day that all basketball fans are idiots and will tolerate anything he decides will be best for certain owners. Remember when Shaq would run down the court and just stand under the basket for up to 8 seconds and never get called for being in the lane for over 3 seconds. I think when Shaq was in this prime, the officials might have made as many bogus calls as they did with Labron and Wade this season during the playoffs. There will be no team who will beat Miami next season in the playoffs unless Labron gets a freak injury and cannot play. Wade will rest and fake an injury for most of the season and get in shape just before the playoffs and Miami will surprise people and lose games in the regular season on purpose under the direction of Stern. Fans will wonder if Miami can really repeat and will get really excited until they watch one playoff game. I don't want to take anything away from Labron James. He is a great player but the NBA is corrupt and that needs to be identified by the news media.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TOs

Post  Murph on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:07 pm

"First off, I believe the so called basketball experts have given Knight a bad rap. I have read many times that one of the problems on the Piston team last year was that Knight was turnover prone. Those experts are trying to create something by just reviewing the stat sheets. You can seldom determine much from the stat sheets."

Don...I could not disagree more. IMO, when Knight cut down on his turn-overs, he and the Pistons played much better. For example, the Pistons were 9-6 (.600) when Knight committed fewer than 2 TOs a game. However, the Pistons were 16-35 (.314), when Knight committed 2 or more TOs a game.

IMO, turn-overs are a critical part of the game, especially for a PG. In order for Knight and the Pistons to continue to improve in the future, Knight will have to significantly cut down on his turns. And I fully expect Knight to take care of the ball much better this season.

Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Murph wrote:"First off, I believe the so called basketball experts have given Knight a bad rap. I have read many times that one of the problems on the Piston team last year was that Knight was turnover prone. Those experts are trying to create something by just reviewing the stat sheets. You can seldom determine much from the stat sheets."

Don...I could not disagree more. IMO, when Knight cut down on his turn-overs, he and the Pistons played much better. For example, the Pistons were 9-6 (.600) when Knight committed fewer than 2 TOs a game. However, the Pistons were 16-35 (.314), when Knight committed 2 or more TOs a game.

IMO, turn-overs are a critical part of the game, especially for a PG. In order for Knight and the Pistons to continue to improve in the future, Knight will have to significantly cut down on his turns. And I fully expect Knight to take care of the ball much better this season.

Murph you speak with forked tongue. You wrote about exactly what I said reporters have done regarding Knight. You just take a look at the stats and try to find a simple answer to why the Pistons lost so many games early. I have been both a coach and college point guard and know that you have to look at the entire picture and not just become a stat man if you are a coach. What were the other players on the Piston team doing to help the team during the span of time when the Pistons went 16-35? How well were they playing the game? What were their shooting percentages and how many times did they get beat on defense? Nobody is proud of being guilty of causing turnovers but your teammates have a lot to do with point guard stats. The coaching staff had confidence in Knight and put the ball in his hands as a young rookie. I don't know many players who have ever done as well in their rookie season especially considering the low talent and energy level of his teammates. Oh, Daye let the ball go through his hands so count a turnover for Knight. Frank eliminated certain players from the rotation. That should be considered when you look at the wins. Also, how well did the opposing teams play when the Piston won games. So many fans think the Pistons should make the playoffs this season based on the wins they had for the last half of the season. There was some really bad quality of basketball being played by the opposition which had little to do with what the Piston players were doing although that more limited amount of Pistons getting playing time translated into the team playing much harder throughout games. What I liked about Knight in the early going when he had a higher amount of turnovers was that he was always trying to attack and never got down on himself. I love his quickness and high basketball IQ and his core value of having a work ethic unlike many current NBA players.

Regarding great point guard play, I wish Brandon Knight had been watching a game broadcast on NBA TV which was a playoff game between Seattle and Utah in I believe 1993. John Stockton was at the top of his game during that period. He just never stopped moving and seemed to be able to know when to shoot and how to set up his teammates for easy baskets. His great talent of setting screens and moving without the basketball and knowing where all his teammates are located when he got the ball back was so fun to watch. He used the entire court and made some passes that were incredible. And I couldn't recall that he missed a shot in the second half scoring from his drives as well as hitting long range bombs. Jerry Sloan looked like a really young man coaching from the sidelines.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Shaq

Post  Grizz3 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Hey Don,

Actually, I have been surprised and actually enjoyed listening to Shaq on the TNT NBA broadcasts. He is willing to make fun of himself which changed my opinion a bit about him.

BUT, you are absolutely right about Shaq getting special treatment, not far off what LBJ gets now in spades. And this is all Stern's doing. NO WAY a truely fair and professional sports commissioner would encourage referees to call games in an effort to MJ-ize a player into greatness. It was 1995 and a Shaq 10 years younger than Akeem the Dream got his ass kicked in the finals. But post MJ era, then Shaq got to LA LAKERS and the good times started with Stern needing someone in his corrupt mind to replace MJ so that league had a glamor team. DISGUSTING. And all the stuff you described truly went on as far as what Shaq was allowed to do. That is why I ended up hating him. The same reasons I dont like LBJ. He was made the ANNOINTED ONE and so players like Shaq and LBJ, and teams like the Lakers and Heat got free championships that they did not earn. The only reason I am still an NBA fan is because the Pistons have somehow overcome the corruption that is David Stern 3 times since 1980s. Stern HAS TO GO to end this PERVERSION of the Game of basketball. Absolutely he is a crook who belongs in prison. Only problem with that is he would enjoy being the bitch of the other prisoners. Need to put him in the women's correction facility.

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

With Cretins Covering the NBA like Jerry Snow, it is going to be hard to get rid Stern the Abominable

Post  Grizz3 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 pm

STUFF IT SNOW!

This jackass does not even like an NBA player giving his opinion if it goes against Stern (Kobe thought players should join the NBA based on their choice). Man, welcome to Amerika.

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

Correction

Post  Grizz3 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Last post should read .. Kobe thought NBA players should be allowed to try out for the OLYMPIC team based on choice. Guess the Chicken Lady Skank is tired of me calliing her the Chicken Lady Skank and she has blocked me out of being able to log on. So I could not edit the post.

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

Deleted my Post at The Sporting News so ...

Post  Grizz3 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 am

Really .. it was not that bad or insultiing .. for me anyway .. lol So .. reposted it .. and noticed a few others basically saying the same thing .. Kobe Bryant has a right to express his opinion and this demented writer Snow is way out of line .. So since my repost will likely get deleted too .. will post it here as well ..

My Fight the Idiocy and Say What you Believe Post:

Jerry Snow, Do you know how ridiculous you sound? A player expresses an opinion, a valid one, and you say that Stern should run the NBA anyway he wants, and Kobe should shut up. No opinions nor dissent wanted by you or Stern I guess. Meanwhile, this year's ECFs and Finals were excruciatingly unfair in the manner in which the Heat were allowed to foul Celtic and Thunder players without a call, as well as in the manner which Heat were allowed to flop and get calls, and yet not one darn word of protest from you.

Stern's NBA is a league of shadows and mirrors as elite teams are given the title more often than not as Stern decides the winners for the greatest profits as however he deems. This is not just my opinion as there are thousands of posts and videos throughout the Internet stating the obvious: 2012 was fixed. The solution to this is to not shut down anyone who dares to breathe a word that goes against what Stern wants. What we need now are sports writers with any kind of integrity to speak out for what is best for the game. You obviously not only do not have any integrity, but are clearly are against players even expressing their opinion. Well, why don't you shut the h up? Players’ salaries would have risen with an idiot in charge as the commissioner as NBA extraordinarily great players, the likes of which we had never seen before, like Dr. J. Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, created NBA fan interest as never before. Had nothing to do with Stern the corrupt. For your information, no one watches the NBA just to see Stern hand over the NBA Championship trophy from his greasy hands.

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 am

Grizz3 wrote:Hey Don,

Actually, I have been surprised and actually enjoyed listening to Shaq on the TNT NBA broadcasts. He is willing to make fun of himself which changed my opinion a bit about him.

BUT, you are absolutely right about Shaq getting special treatment, not far off what LBJ gets now in spades. And this is all Stern's doing. NO WAY a truely fair and professional sports commissioner would encourage referees to call games in an effort to MJ-ize a player into greatness. It was 1995 and a Shaq 10 years younger than Akeem the Dream got his ass kicked in the finals. But post MJ era, then Shaq got to LA LAKERS and the good times started with Stern needing someone in his corrupt mind to replace MJ so that league had a glamor team. DISGUSTING. And all the stuff you described truly went on as far as what Shaq was allowed to do. That is why I ended up hating him. The same reasons I dont like LBJ. He was made the ANNOINTED ONE and so players like Shaq and LBJ, and teams like the Lakers and Heat got free championships that they did not earn. The only reason I am still an NBA fan is because the Pistons have somehow overcome the corruption that is David Stern 3 times since 1980s. Stern HAS TO GO to end this PERVERSION of the Game of basketball. Absolutely he is a crook who belongs in prison. Only problem with that is he would enjoy being the bitch of the other prisoners. Need to put him in the women's correction facility.

Right on Grizz!

I believe that Stern is just a pawn for the agent lawyers who actually run the NBA. Log on to the internet and take a look at infiltration of the US government by the USSR. The KGB and the Soviet Union infiltrated our government starting in the early 1930s deciding it would be damaging for the United States if they created and fund some "peace" movements here. We had two hostile countries, Germany and USSR trying to weaken the US at that time in our history. Hitler was building up his military in secret while creating weapons to defeat the US. At the same time he was giving speeches suggesting that all other countries like the United States, England and France should reduce their arms to the same amount that was allowed Germany under the Treaty that ended WW1. Everyone likes talk about how the world could avoid another big war right. FDR bit on this scam and gave a "Peace" speech the day following Hitler's Peace speech and agreed that it would be a great idea to start disarming as soon as possible. As most people in the U.S. during that time period were isolationist, the country was easy prey for the preditors who were requesting that peace is possible and we should do our part and reduce our military strength. "Give peace a chance" was a slogan created by the KGB especially targeted for our intellectual elite at the Ivy League schools . "Better Red than dead" was another slogan created by the KGB which was chanted by the Vietnam protestors on every US college campus. We fought wars against Third World countries while the media and our elected officials denied that the Russians were activily involved killing our American soldiers so our politicians could party with the Russian diplomats at the United Nations. People choose to have blinders on and deny the obvious. They are assisted by the whore media. How many bumper stickers do you see each week with some idiot wanting others to know they stand for PEACE? If your kids and wife were being sent to a concentration camp would you still put that type of bumper sticker on your car? If your employer holds a mandatory meeting with hundreds of employees and has clowns jumping around while telling you that they are financial trouble and will be reducing staff by 50%, how many of your co-workers will start smiling and jumping around with the clowns? Thus corruption continues in almost every aspect of our lives including the NBA. People get pissed when this is pointed out because most people today are living like the fictional people in "1984" when NewSpeak was the fashion. Maybe that is why the Detroit News shut down their forums. There are still a few of us who have not had the cool aid of Rev. Jimmy Jones. Don't think for a minute that Stern and a lot of other people associated with the NBA would not love to shut this forum down and others like it. They must keep the Masses in a state much like the daughter of the elder Joseph Kennedy who had his daughter's brains crambled because she talked back to her Gramps. I still love sports and especially basketball. The young guys like Knight are not corrupted so there is still something beautiful that draws me to the game even though the games are fixed. We do get to see some good plays after all. We ask too much of Mr. Stern when we request that the games be called on the up and up so some of the teams he doesn't like might have a chance to win.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Proof of Conspiracy - I could not log on!

Post  Grizz2 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 am

cool breeze wrote:
Grizz3 wrote:Hey Don,

Right on Grizz!

I believe that Stern is just a pawn for the agent lawyers who actually run the NBA. Log on to the internet and take a look at infiltration of the US government by the USSR. The KGB and the Soviet Union infiltrated our government starting in the early 1930s deciding it would be damaging for the United States if they created and fund some "peace" movements here. We had two hostile countries, Germany and USSR trying to weaken the US at that time in our history. Hitler was building up his military in secret while creating weapons to defeat the US. At the same time he was giving speeches suggesting that all other countries like the United States, England and France should reduce their arms to the same amount that was allowed Germany under the Treaty that ended WW1. Everyone likes talk about how the world could avoid another big war right. FDR bit on this scam and gave a "Peace" speech the day following Hitler's Peace speech and agreed that it would be a great idea to start disarming as soon as possible. As most people in the U.S. during that time period were isolationist, the country was easy prey for the preditors who were requesting that peace is possible and we should do our part and reduce our military strength. "Give peace a chance" was a slogan created by the KGB especially targeted for our intellectual elite at the Ivy League schools . "Better Red than dead" was another slogan created by the KGB which was chanted by the Vietnam protestors on every US college campus. We fought wars against Third World countries while the media and our elected officials denied that the Russians were activily involved killing our American soldiers so our politicians could party with the Russian diplomats at the United Nations. People choose to have blinders on and deny the obvious. They are assisted by the whore media. How many bumper stickers do you see each week with some idiot wanting others to know they stand for PEACE? If your kids and wife were being sent to a concentration camp would you still put that type of bumper sticker on your car? If your employer holds a mandatory meeting with hundreds of employees and has clowns jumping around while telling you that they are financial trouble and will be reducing staff by 50%, how many of your co-workers will start smiling and jumping around with the clowns? Thus corruption continues in almost every aspect of our lives including the NBA. People get pissed when this is pointed out because most people today are living like the fictional people in "1984" when NewSpeak was the fashion. Maybe that is why the Detroit News shut down their forums. There are still a few of us who have not had the cool aid of Rev. Jimmy Jones. Don't think for a minute that Stern and a lot of other people associated with the NBA would not love to shut this forum down and others like it. They must keep the Masses in a state much like the daughter of the elder Joseph Kennedy who had his daughter's brains crambled because she talked back to her Gramps. I still love sports and especially basketball. The young guys like Knight are not corrupted so there is still something beautiful that draws me to the game even though the games are fixed. We do get to see some good plays after all. We ask too much of Mr. Stern when we request that the games be called on the up and up so some of the teams he doesn't like might have a chance to win.

Hi Don,

Just kidding about the conspiracy but .. did have to get a new logon since neither my old nor my new passwords would work. Damn you to hell, Stern! Twisted Evil (I am kiddin! Sort of .. Twisted Evil )

Well you covered a lot of ground with that post .. I will only say that corruption is the greatest danger to any society. In a similar vein of something stinks real bad, Bud Selig and MLBPA have clandestinely sanctioned PEDs and the MSM Sports guys sit on their hands, close their eyes and just keep taking their checks (HRs and ERAs for the past few years are even higher than when Bonds and McGwire Era were shooting up). The bottom line for me is what you stated in the last sentence of your post if I may rephrase: Would not the NBA be even more exciting and far more fair if we just let the players and teams decide who wins? Stern thinks he knows what is best for everyone and so the end justify the means, which in this case, is fixing games for the teams that will create the most buzz and bucks according to Stern's little ol demented brain. Sorry but to go along with that means the end of what is best about sports: that hard work, practice, dedication and teamwork mean far more than simply having scads of natural talent. The Pistons were the best team in 2005, 2006 (maybe we should not be blaming Joe D nearly as much as we have been for those years of coming up short) and The Thunder or Celtics were in 2012, no matter how good the con was that Stern pulled off and or how much MSM Sports guys twiddled their thumbs. There are exceptions, such as when the Mavs won in 2011, and the Pistons did in 2004. Why these exceptions? I supose there are or were limits to what Stern was willing to do to make sure his glamor team won, because if the rigged games were too obvious, everyone would wise up, and boot Stern out. Unfortunately, having been foiled in 2011, Stern threw all caution to the wind and the play-offs were called in as breathtakingly corrupt manner as never before. I just do not want our up and coming Piston teams to get screwed by Stern's goons when the time comes for the Pistons to be champs again. That is why we need the sports writers to get their heads out of their butts and start doing their jobs again: reporting the truth, not simply following orders from on high and double-thinking (another 1984 reference batman Twisted Evil ) themselves into complacency.
Grizz2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I love conspiracies... really I do!

Post  Oracle on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:41 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I almost didn't recognize Tyson without the face tat. He should have never gotten that silly looking face tattoo.
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Sebastian wrote:
I almost didn't recognize Tyson without the face tat. He should have never gotten that silly looking face tattoo.

That gap tooth is a dead giveaway, lol!

Last edited by Oracle on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I always knew Dukies were STRANGE

Post  Oracle on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oracle, Conspiracies Really are ..

Post  Grizz2 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:58 pm

a downer .. thanks for some very needed humor. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Grizz2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Grizz

Post  Oracle on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Grizz2 wrote:a downer .. thanks for some very needed humor. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Hey Grizz, Urkel is BACK Jack!!!!

Heading off to that Nerd Convention!!!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nerd Post Ping Pong

Post  Grizz2 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:44 am

Oracle, Right back at you! Googled Urkel and NBA and wow .... there the were! lol

Grizz2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Sebast this is a look alike, this isn't Iron Mike......
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Okay maybe it is, I think this is from his skit on SNL as Herman Cain
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Okay it wasn't SNL, oops.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ewing

Post  WTF on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Is there room on our coaching staff for Ewing? Would be nice to have him to teach Monroe and Drummond
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Notice the comments by Labron at the Olympics regarding Jerebco

Post  cool breeze on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:42 pm

How many times has Labron mentioned another opposing player who plays in the NBA? I noticed that season that Jerebco actually defended Labron pretty well. He has size and quick feet and is fundamentally sound unlike many other Pistons who have guarded Labron in the past. Looks like Labron remembered some of those moments. He advised the media that Jerebco is a good player who rebounds well and knows how to play defense. Last season Jerebco demonstrated that he is a team guy by accepting his role of coming off the bench when Maxiell took the starting job at power forward. Is Maxiell a better player? I don't think so but Maxiell played better starting then he did coming off the bench. One of my favorite players for the Pistons is Jerebco. He was hurt from missing one year of basketball but still I noticed that he never took a play off and was always moving without the basketball. He was able to finish around the rim and penetrated when giving the opportunity showing his improvement regarding ball handling skills. He has always been a tough defender because he plays with heart. Jerebco is the perfect player to have on a championship type team. He is a high character person who is willing to do whatever small thing is needed to make the team better. I have been puzzled by some posters who always seem to include Jerebco and Singler in trade proposals. Detroit is a small market NBA team. It is not likely Detroit is going to sign a superstar unless they get lucky in the draft. However, it is possible to win the championship with a core of team orientated guys who can build exceptional team chemistry and offer specific skills for the team. The season before last was in my opionion one of the worst Piston teams ever to play for Detroit. That team had no united work ethic or team goal. Everyone for themselves was the motto and we can blame the coaching staff when we suck. Dumars allowed this type of horrible team chemistry without blinking an eye which surprised me. If you were the man responsible how could you not become angry with the players? However, last season there was really only two additions and those players were Brandon Knight and Jerebco. There was a world of difference. So what if management and fans placed less pressure on the coaching staff to "win" this season and allowed this young core of Monroe, Knight, Jerebco, English, the Russian, Drummond, and Middleton to get the bulk of the playing time. Why let those guys sit on the bench only to try to win a playoff spot. If a team composed of the Piston vets could make the playoff, they would not be capable of winning one game. Why not think about how good the team could be in two or three seasons? Instead the Piston organization will be playing Bynum, Prince, Magette and Maxiell max minutes. Will those players be playing in the league in 2 more years? The message Dumars should be giving his coaching staff is this. Teach this young core group of talented players how to play defense and share the basketball on offense. Insist that they play really hard and stress the importance of team chemistry over stats. Let the players learn the hard way how difficult it is to win games in the NBA. If certain high character players suffer enough humiliation, they will do anything to get better. If they sit on the bench, they will not be able to know about the areas where they have to improve to made the team better. Is Joe Dumars capable of having a long range vision for this Piston team? Maybe he has learned from his mistakes and will go on that path. At least I hope he does show some leadership this season.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Charlie Villanueva

Post  Oracle on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 am

Ever try to squeeze that last bit of juice out of a fat jelly filled?

No, neither have I, but that's exactly what Joe Dumars is trying to do with CV.

Charlie V Aims To Return To Form
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum