Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:The tigers site at the news is still going but can't access it from the news, on a another tiger site the have given the back door access to some, if you want to see the Last Rites going on over there, go to http:/apps/detnews/.com/apps/blogs/tigersblog/lettersindex, when you type that in then go down to the 7th paragraph where it says tiger talk & it will take you there, they had a wake there yesterday with all the posters, some might want to give condolences to a great site for all Piston, Tigers, Lion & Red Wing fans. (Thanks Merc for the info.)
A window still left cracked open... should go for it
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Pistons Lose To Cav's 91-87

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Work in Progress. Daye 18 points..
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Knight looked good most of the game.... at times looked outta control like Stuckey (in his draft report).
We got hammered on the boards... by Samuels?

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Pistons Postgame Show w/ Matt Dery

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:44 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Dan Feldman is at it again

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:44 am

AND DID a real hatchet job on Rip, just for trying to say something that was not negative on Q .. .. IMO .. Rip was a great Piston .. and played his heart out for this team ... Then Dumars went self-destructive in a whole slew of moves that Dan Feldman never came close to questioning ... Plugging extra SGs and SFs into the team when what we needed were PFs, PGs, and centers ... Using buffoon head coaches that could never win anywhere or command respect ... Rip endured a lot and he may not have any game left but will miss his play here...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Season Record Pick

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:30 am

Fly, I dont know if I am in the right forum for this .. and my understanding is so long as you make your pick before the first regular season game .. then your pick is valid for the contest...

17 wins ... :!:
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty the team needs inside help!!!

Post  frankied Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:44 am

merc,
yes, samuels abused them inside.
it is the same sad story.
the team needs interior defense. bad.
and what does joe do?
he brings in another small forward: wilkins.
now, wilkins is a decent defensive small forward. but the team needs size. someone to work with monroe down low.
the fact that joe continues to IGNORE the team's need for size is really kind of crazy.
does not make one bit of sense. maybe tonight will knock some sense into himl

frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Justin Roberts tell it like it is ..

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:33 am

Everytime I read this writer's articles .. he makes sense and sheds light on whatever NBA topic he addresses..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Justin Roberts tell it like it is ..

Post  Flip Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:06 am

I agree, good article on Daye.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Anyway .. even if Daye

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 am

made some mistakes .. he did a lot of good things out there .. Frankie .. your call to play him looks good .. but where was he playing in the Cav game?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:26 am

With only 2 preseaon games its hard to understand the line up last night or rotation. My guess is we'll see at lot of what we saw last night.

In addition to a big man in the post they're still are in need of better defensive guards they just simply too small as I watch the Cavs rookie whip on Bynum's arse and Gordon couldn't defend his own shadow. With Dalembert and Affalo still not signed both could be great addition to the team right now. Just saying Fat Joe too bad you're not on Flip's forum to read any of this.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Afflalo .. not Stuckey ..

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:42 am

If Joe D ends up signing Stuckey for 45 million dollars or more.. I will be physically sick! Agree with you Wisefan .. would much rather see AA than Stuck here ... if only because of defense skills and and an intense teammate attitude that would bring more leadership here ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Sissy, Wise And Grizz..............Oh Yeah; And Laurie Frank

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:38 am

Sissy and Wise- Still waiting on the link to Buckeye's Lion site. Not sure if he's still running his contest or not.

Grizz- Sure............we'll run the wins prediction contest in here. I've got you down for 17.

Laurie "Shoe sniffer" Frank- You, sir, remind me A LOT of one Jonathon F Kuester. Both physically, and also with the look of bewilderment in your eyes.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Predictions

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:40 am

32-34: pistonfan forever
30-36: deusXango
28-38: FLY DOG OF THE CAPE
25-41: TheOracle
23-43: UpperMichigan
20-46: Strokin 3's
18-48: Don
17-49: Grizz
17-49: LMP
12-54: TroofHurts

Let me know if I've missed anybody.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Can Will Bynum Evolve?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:58 am

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL! Sure, he can evolve. He's only been in the League like 17 years, I doubt he's stuck in his "Shoot first" ways. Plus...........some people do hit growth spurts in their late 20's. Come on dude.........He is who he is; a spot minute PG. Period. He's not going to change. Who is this reporter; my wife?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Cavs Game

Post  Murph Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:30 pm

I couldn't see the game as it wasn't televised here. From the box score, however, it looks pretty raggedy. And it's even worse if you consider it was only the Cavs, the worst team in the NBA last year.

It looks as if Monroe had his usual solid game with a double-double, and Daye hit his shots and played well off the bench. Maybe there's still hope for Daye.

Now I can see why Irving was the #1 pick. He filled up the stat sheet.

Good work on getting Stuckey back in the fold for $25 million over 3 years. That's a very reasonable contract.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty frankied's preciction...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:14 pm

28-38.

frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty bynum...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:26 pm

bynum is what he is...a streaky combo guard who can play a little point.
definitely not a starting level point guard, but he can be a valuable piece on a good team.
unfortunately, everytime it looks like he will get a solid piece of the rotation, joe makes a roster move to push him back into limbo again.
joe's handling of bynum might be as bad as any of the second tier f-ups. (apart from chauncey, AI, AA, CV, etc...; more along the lines of hiring curry and coach k)
why on earth give bynum a 4 year contract making almost 4 million a year if you are not going to give him a chance to play regularly?
once knight came into the game in the second quarter, it looked like the pistons finally had a point guard on the floor. until that point, they looked like the same old disorganized, one-on-one team.
knight's on-ball defense also picked up the pace. you could see his competitiveness in his eyes when he went up against irving. it was very obvious that he wanted to show that he was a better player. and even though i'm obviously biased as a pistons' fan, i do think he looked like a better player.
knight is bigger, almost as quick and he looks to have a bit more natural aggression to his game.
i loved one move where he was coming at irving on a one man fast break, and he just put his body into irving, moved him out of the way and finger-rolled the ball in. irving was helpless against him and right there knight's superior size and strength was very obvious.
joe deserves credit for this one...he probably got the better player between the two. it may have been dumb luck, but you take what you can get.

frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty damien wilkins...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:52 pm

wilkins is michael curry with more athleticism.
he'll perform the same kind of function that curry performed: playing the role of the reliable, predictable vet that a coach turns to, instead of a more unpredictable, though more talented young player.
with curry, it was tay.
with wilkins, it will be daye.

frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Stuckey Signed, 3 yrs/$25 mil

Post  Flip Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:16 pm

not bad, I'm glad its only 3 yrs, should be tradeable if he doesn't pan out.

Now, after Joe eats his celebratory jelly-filled, he better go get us a real big man to play next Monroe. :!:

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Prediction

Post  Pablitus Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:31 pm

26-40

Pablitus

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Wilkins

Post  Flip Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:36 pm

frankied wrote:wilkins is michael curry with more athleticism.
he'll perform the same kind of function that curry performed: playing the role of the reliable, predictable vet that a coach turns to, instead of a more unpredictable, though more talented young player.
with curry, it was tay.
with wilkins, it will be daye.

I saw the same thing, Frankie.

I hope we're wrong. Daye made some youth mistakes last night, but he still put up 18 pts, 6 rebs, and 5 blocks, on 6-12 FG's, and was a +6. I'll live with some mistakes through the learning process, if a guy is producing along the way.

Wilkins has no room for improvement and is 31. Last night in 21 min, Wilkins put up a whopping 4 pts, 3 rebs, and 2 asts and was -10.

Hopefully he is used more in the Darvin Ham role of 3rd string SF that never plays.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty stuckey's money...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:42 pm

flip,
it is an ok deal. not bad and definitely a tradeable asset in the future.
in fact, i would wager that by the end of the contract, he'll overperform it. this year, maybe not, but in the second and third year, he will probably be a bargain.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty CV is still a stiff...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:47 pm

the image of CV stumbling around the court, doing what he does - though his shot was off last night - was sad. if he is one of the top 8 players, the team will be in trouble. he should be a strict situational player, someone who only plays if he is blistering hot.
otherwise, he is embarrassing.
seeing knight was exciting. imho, he is a real find and joe d deserves credit for doing the obvious and taking him. it is easy to see kryrie irving's talent and value. he is extremely quick, fast and he is very slick with the ball. he has a knack for getting into the lane and to the hole also.
but i actually thought that knight looked like the superior player, when they were matched head-to-head. it might just be one of those things where certain guys have certain guys number. but i was very, very pleasantly surprised at the way knight matched up with irving.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Grizz wrote:made some mistakes .. he did a lot of good things out there .. Frankie .. your call to play him looks good .. but where was he playing in the Cav game?

Grizz...according to the game flow chart, Daye was subbed in for Wilkins at SF. Daye and Wilkins split all the minutes at SF. How was Daye's defense last night?

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next