FORUM

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Pre-season Ideas

Post  BallinD on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 pm

My starting lineup:  Subject to Pre-season Game Realities.

1. Weggie (if they can't manage to trade him).  Shoutout to DX, who can always be counted on to provide the most scathing critique on the Forum
2. Luke, great shot, good playmaker, secondary ball handler.  With Blake, has the best shot at helping elevate our offense to NBA serviceable.  Part of the future...
3. Bullock.  May have peaked in shooting (second best 3pt % in league among qualified gunners, but needs more usage.)  Great Spot-up Shooter, But Can He Get buckets on his own Cuts to the basket with the best of them. Spaces floor.  AMAZING chemistry with Blake and we need a lot more of that but this is the best place to start, not with Weggie who I'm pretty sure thinks he is better than Blake...after all he thinks he is better than Westbrook, LOL
4. BG, our new Point Forward and BullyBall aficionado
5. Dre, a beast in the East. Advice: Within three feet, go straight up toward the basket with your chest in someone's face.  No More Dipsy Do like you're the second coming of Charlie V. Sheeeesh.  And now you wanna shoot threes like CV...Nope!

6. Ish. 7. GRIII. 8. SJ. 9. Leuer. 10. Zaza

BTW: Here we go again, Murph:  Post to Follow.
avatar
BallinD

Posts : 702
Join date : 2015-10-29
Location : Milky Way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tsk Tsk

Post  WTF on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Murph wrote:If NIke had an ounce of integrity, they'd pay their workers more.  Better yet, they'd move their plants to the United States and employ American workers.  

Nike...what a bunch of corporate whores.


And what exactly has Colin Kaepernick ever done to improve the criminal justice system?   I mean what has he actually accomplished besides pissing off a lot of people?

Trump?  Oh yeah, he pushed through the Prison Reform Bill last August, with bi-partisan support.  The Prison reform bill gives incentives to prisoners for reduced sentences, and allows them to be housed closer to their families.  The Bill was crafted with the help of Ivanka Trump.

But I'm sure CNN hasn't covered that.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/388888-house-easily-passes-prison-reform-bill-backed-by-trump

They're all Corporate Whores with very little if any integrity but I guess we pick and choose who we support.  Every single American company outsource jobs so go ahead and enjoy you Ford or GM while talking on your iPhone with the Comcast service representative in India while every piece of clothing you are wearing is made in Pakistan.   

Oh Yeah how about he push a bill for them to be able to vote once released and what does this **** has to do with what I posted?  How about they start charging these police in this wrongful deaths of unarmed blacks?  But of course Black lives don't matter right Murph?
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4624
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nike

Post  Murph on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:19 pm

If NIke had an ounce of integrity, they'd pay their workers more.  Better yet, they'd move their plants to the United States and employ American workers.  

Nike...what a bunch of corporate whores.


And what exactly has Colin Kaepernick ever done to improve the criminal justice system? I mean what has he actually accomplished besides pissing off a lot of people?

Trump? Oh yeah, he pushed through the Prison Reform Bill last August, with bi-partisan support. The Prison reform bill gives incentives to prisoners for reduced sentences, and allows them to be housed closer to their families. The Bill was crafted with the help of Ivanka Trump.

But I'm sure CNN hasn't covered that.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/388888-house-easily-passes-prison-reform-bill-backed-by-trump
avatar
Murph

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 58
Location : Wilton, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Quick Hitter

Post  WTF on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Lions: I'm looking at an 8-8 season no playoffs unless something miraculously happens this season because the schedule is a beast.  Ownership again found away to screw things up IMO by firing Jim Caldwell who I believe could have carried this team to some form of great success if not a Super Bowl visit to say the least.   

By no means will I place blame on Stafford, just like many not want to place blame on AD for not having all the pieces around him neither dose Stafford, and just like some could place large blame on AD's coach you can also at times say the same for Stafford.   Stafford had a **** first game but it doesn't speak for an entire season past, present or future.   

Lions ownership has screwed up again like most teams do they fall in love with suspect resumes when hiring coaches.  Okay I get it Patrice was with NE a very successful organization but are we surprise the Jets put up 48 points when this is the same point total Philly put on them in the Super Bowl.  IMO he's the reason NE and Brady couldn't pull it off last season.  

I don't like how Caldwell was fired or not resigned however one looks at it but I think it was ****.  I hate when team place the sole blame on coaches when they haven't put the players on the field needed.  It's not much different than why I often defend Stafford can some one tell me why we haven't made a play at Dez Bryant.   I'm not sure how much is in the tank but I do know it's not empty, also that O-line looked like **** and still no run game.

Okay some might be thinking then why am I so hard on AD and I'll say he doesn't have half the balls and guts of Stafford.  It should be far more easy and reasonable for AD to dominate, take over games and win them than it is for Stafford to do with minimum help.  See a .500 record don't get the Lions in the playoffs still Stafford delivers a .500 season consistently.  Boy only if AD delivered a .500 season year after year and season after season because a .500 for the Pistons all but put them in the playoff every freaking year.  

Nike: Yeah again hats off to Nike and as soon as get a chance to look at Kap line of items and goods, I'm buying!!!!  Yeah  know some are cheering for the shoe company demise but it's not going to happen SMH.   Again proud of Nike, and other companies should follow suit and I'm sure some are looking at if they should join in as well.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4624
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Blind to the flaws

Post  deusXango on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Murph wrote:Cool Breeze and BallinD...those are two excellent posts on Drummond.  From the information you provided, I have several observations about Andre's game.

1.  He needs to stop focusing on 3 point shots. As yet the 3 point shot isn't a part of AD's game...he hasn't shot one!
2.  He needs to stop shooting from more than 3 feet out. I agree 100% with that...dunk, dunk, dunk! Rebound and dunk.
3.  He needs to focus on rebounding and shot blocking. ?...isn't that what he's been doing? Oh, he's not the best across the board.
4.  He needs to stop passing out of the high post, so he turns the ball over less.
5.  He needs to let Griffin operate in the high post, while he patrols the low post on offense.
6.  Since he gets confused on defense, he needs to stop switching off of his man as much.
7.  He should not double team the ball handler; it only complicates his defensive assignment.  Hopefully, now that SVG is gone, that won't happen anymore.
8.  He needs to keep it simple, and work on improving what he does best. Yay! This is the most astute comment about AD!


Don...I think you’re going to be happy with Zaza’s defense.  The reason the Warriors stopped playing him was not because of his defense, it was because he had gained a reputation for being a dirty player.  But the Pistons could use a dirty player like Zara.  If anything the Pistons are too soft. I'm loving it if Zaza takes Henry under his wing and imparts the fine points of "dirty play" to him. Sure, given his tender years and softness, he'll get his ass kicked plenty but, as a result, he'll get a toughness to go along with a developing awesome skillset. Mental and physical toughness is what this team lacks.  
I've gotten used to the devaluation of Andre Drummonds skills/contributions because he's not anywhere from Hakeem Olajuwon to Anthony Davis by the age of 22 and really there's not many centers I'd trade him for straight up (Davis or "The Joker" to name a couple). I'm not trading him just to make a trade or because he missed an assignment (not blocking out Whiteside), but I'm watching him continue to develop playing alongside another quality big man.

I continue to be sickened by the importance placed on Reggie Jackson, "the most important piece of the Pistons puzzle;" you gotta be sh!tting me! He doesn't excel in any PG skill that would place him in the top 10; what he excels at is ball hogging and slowing the offense down, oh and not being available for competitive runs. We have no real idea what this team could've looked like or done over the last couple of years, and sample size performances don't cut it. Making excuses about injuries and harping on how great he is with the P & R is pure B.S.! Seasons lost are seasons lost. I don't want to depend on an undependable diva going forward simply because he's a ball dominate PG...we won't win with this guy!

The Vulcan Mind Meld is what's keeping Jon Leuer on the Pistons roster, must be. How can we forget that before the injury he began to punk out going against mediocre competition? Absent this guy, the Pistons could've kept Tolliver and Moreland and saved money (for all the unofficial bean counters). Would buying him out, before he reinjured himself, made any sense? I suggested this on another forum and some "informed" poster wondered if this was possible since SVG did that Stretch Provision on Josh Smith...is it true that this is something else we can thank SVG for? I can't believe some wanted to give that clown still another year to further set this franchise back.

Speaking of coaching, I'm mindful that a number of fans didn't want Casey to be hired, they'd rather have Van Gundy coach his last year (get a chance to sign a contract extension). I wonder how many games a SVG coached team would be predicted to win this year? The Lions had to dump Caldwell and had the "hots" for Patricia...first blush has left Lions fans where? Maybe it's my age but, I can't remember a Caldwell coached team getting their asses kicked like that coming out, home opener, on MNF. 0-16 with excuses?
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2902
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Pistons' Professional Optimist Speaks

Post  Sparma on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Langlois puts "the best/worst at 55 and 35 wins..."  He sees 55 wins as the "best" outcome within the range of viable predictions. I agree.

He goes on to say that he suspects the Vegas predictions of under 40 wins are low.  Again, I agree.  I'm not a betting man, but I think that predicting that the Pistons will win at least 40 games would be an excellent bet if someone were to give even odds.  Still, when one Vegas prediction after another comes in so low it does give me pause about my prediction of 44 wins.

55's not impossible, but so much would have to fall just right, including, as I see it, AD doing his best Ben imitation on D and as shot blocker, while contributing in a limited role on O, Blake both being an excellent pivot as passer and a guy who is still willing to push to the basket consistently, Reggie playing a la Reggie from last year's first 20 games in a dynamic, limited, defensively energized way, Galloway being revitalized as sharp shooter under Casey, Kennard emerging as a sharpshooting near star, Bullock playing even better than last year, Robinson being a major contributor, Stanley being valuable on D and smart as a shooter, and the bench (including ZaZa, Calderon, Leuer and the rooks) proving to be a real asset. To have any chance for all that to come true, Casey would need to emerge as the Wizard of Little Caesars Arena. We'd also need our competition to fall short left and right. That's a lot to hope for, but it's not the impossible dream.



Last edited by Sparma on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sparma

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tentative prediction & Lions

Post  Sparma on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:07 pm

You can pencil me in for a 44 win prediction, Oracle. Even that's got me clammy handed recently, as the grim Vegas predictions (that I take seriously) trickle in. The year I won the pool, a couple of years ago, I ruthlessly stuck with a low prediction. But then the ambivalence of a) wanting to be right but b) wanting my team to win got to me during the course of the season got to me. That's partly why I went way high last year: I didn't enjoy any part of me rooting against the team (also, getting out from between people tends to up your odds, as Wise was the second in a row to experience last year). This year I'll make whatever prediction seems closest to what I foresee. Duh!

One game season for the Lions? I listened to most of the game and it was brutal, as you all know. They really, really needed to win that game because a 1-4 start already looked like a distinct possibility. Now it won't be shocking, or even very surprising, if they start 0-5. I try not to press the panic button quickly, but the coaching hire could already be doomed. And the season could be over. After one game.

Before the season, I saw them in the 7-9 to 9-7 range, like so many teams. Now a bunch of folks will deserve major kudos if they get back to 9-7. Seems really unlikely after that first game. Not too early to check out the draft!

Oracle wrote:Possible, but not probable. I'm thinking high 40's, 45-48 wins.

Speaking of what's possible....

Is it possible that Wise can defend Stafford for one second??? I felt lucky that a football Sunday went by without a Lion loss, but then Monday rolled around and those clowns, after a fantastic pick 6 for a 7-0 lead, loses 48-17, I quit watching when Stafford got to 4 picks... that's right, 4 effing picks for this highly paid VETERAN!

I know stuff happens, but it rarely happens at home like this... man, I'm really depressed!
avatar
Sparma

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dre Drumm

Post  BallinD on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Murph,
I think with Dre, it's all about focus and role.  He has proven (so far) that he is not a do-it-all center, but rather is a specialist with room for upside if he focuses on not-scoring, but winning.

Clint Capela gets more recognition than Dre because Houston wins within a SYSTEM that is very firm about his role: Defend, rim run, set picks, rebound.  If Dre can do the same and focus more on winning than scoring/3pts, he can probably be a true all star, not a substitute, especially if his blocks tick up and his steals continue to rise.  Now with Blake on the low block, there is no need for Dre to attempt ghastly post-ups.

SVG was too weak or his dual role doomed him to not be able to properly focus Dre, sheeeeesh.  He gave Dre's post-up qame a full year to sink the team by trying to be what he is not.  It was fairly widely reported that his post-ups were even less efficient than his pre-2017-18 FT percentages of around 39% if memory serves me right.  SVG publicly stated he did not coach shot selection.  His failure to coach that probably set Dre and SJ back a year or two of offensive development.  
 

Here comes Casey.  I suspect he will not tolerate Weggie's ball-dominant BS (with Blake as point forward) and he certainly won't tolerate Dre's post-up game.  He managed JV in Toronto by cutting his minutes and going small-ball.  Look for something like that here, rather than Dre hoisting a bunch of threes.  I suspect it will be Blake's team and he has theBBIQ, gravitas and possibly Chemistry with Dre, that will allow him to lead by example and steer Dre toward his true potential...more Ben Wallace than Bob Lanier, or even Laimbeer.

Dre has to get it through his thick skull that Capela is his upside, not Cousins, as far as style of play.  I think Zaza can help him figure it out.  


Murph wrote:Cool Breeze and BallinD...those are two excellent posts on Drummond.  From the information you provided, I have several observations about Andre's game.

1.  He needs to stop focusing on 3 point shots.
2.  He needs to stop shooting from more than 3 feet out.
3.  He needs to focus on rebounding and shot blocking.
4.  He needs to stop passing out of the high post, so he turns the ball over less.
5.  He needs to let Griffin operate in the high post, while he patrols the low post on offense.
6.  Since he gets confused on defense, he needs to stop switching off of his man as much.
7.  He should not double team the ball handler; it only complicates his defensive assignment.  Hopefully, now that SVG is gone, that won't happen anymore.
8.  He needs to keep it simple, and work on improving what he does best. Yes to all


Don...I think you’re going to be happy with Zaza’s defense.  The reason the Warriors stopped playing him was not because of his defense, it was because he had gained a reputation for being a dirty player.  But the Pistons could use a dirty player like Zara.  If anything the Pistons are too soft.  
YES YES Y'ALL
avatar
BallinD

Posts : 702
Join date : 2015-10-29
Location : Milky Way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

AD

Post  Murph on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Cool Breeze and BallinD...those are two excellent posts on Drummond.  From the information you provided, I have several observations about Andre's game.

1.  He needs to stop focusing on 3 point shots.
2.  He needs to stop shooting from more than 3 feet out.
3.  He needs to focus on rebounding and shot blocking.
4.  He needs to stop passing out of the high post, so he turns the ball over less.
5.  He needs to let Griffin operate in the high post, while he patrols the low post on offense.
6.  Since he gets confused on defense, he needs to stop switching off of his man as much.
7.  He should not double team the ball handler; it only complicates his defensive assignment.  Hopefully, now that SVG is gone, that won't happen anymore.
8.  He needs to keep it simple, and work on improving what he does best.


Don...I think you’re going to be happy with Zaza’s defense. The reason the Warriors stopped playing him was not because of his defense, it was because he had gained a reputation for being a dirty player. But the Pistons could use a dirty player like Zara. If anything the Pistons are too soft.
avatar
Murph

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 58
Location : Wilton, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:17 pm

BallinD wrote:Another week or so and there may be some real piston news as the players start to have their pre-training camp activities.  I still expect a pre-season trade...Weggie or Ish,or???
1. We have to hope Casey can get Dre to play a more heady game, (or he will sit to make room for small-ball).  And Cool, Dre has stated his season goal is to lead the league in Rebounds and Blocked Shots.  He said that...
2. Lotta hate from SI 46 (Dre) and  41 (Blake)by ranking freaking Paul Milsap four ranks ahead of Blake, very questionable and Milsap is three years older.  Piston-hate, but works for us to get Blake properly motivated.  When I saw the writeup on Dre, though I cringed at what I had not really focused on before "He shot an abysmal 31.4% from 3-10 feet and 26.8% from the mid-range last year.  Frankly, the Pistons offense would be better off if he was never allowed to shoot from outside three feet."  Wow, talk about a wake-up call to make me choke on my Kool-Aid!
3. I am not nor have been an SVG fan, but for all the talk he mismanaged SJ, I remember SJ first offseason SJ tried to get him to use his left hand...SJ never got it, that could have been a huge assist to his moribund offense, but hey?!
4. I agree, we blew it on Tolliver...Gallowqay or Leuer shoulda beeeeeeeeen gone.  Major mistake IMO.
5. About that "Big Three" Weggie ranked at #97 seemed about right.  

cool breeze wrote:I loved the example shown where AD randomly decided to double on top of the key instead of defending his man. How many times have we witnessed that from both Monroe and Drummond? Yep you don't get paid to play defense in the NBA as many current players believe. But you don't win if you fail to execute the team's defensive game plan. Casey has at least one player in Stanley Johnson who will listen to his coach and try to make the coach's strategy work. That article did a great job showing Johnson's past value on defense at least when his teammates made bone head decisions. That is what Anthony Tolliver brought to the table last season as well. As the writer pointed out Tolliver and Johnson were the two best defenders last season. I believe the 3rd best defender was Moreland. Now we have an old slow back up center who is more talented offensively but this team desperately needs better defensive players who can defend centers and power forwards.

The Casey article which explains what his Toronto players did to limit high percentage 3 point shooting shows the "Detroit Bad Boys" know what they are talking about. Notice in that article what is required of the center and guard in pick and roll defense if the other three teammates stay home on their assigned players. You have to be "dialed in" as a center on defense for Casey's defensive style to work. So far I have not seen where AD has ever been dialed in with any of the numerous coaches he has had since arriving in Detroit. AD seems to be in the group of NBA players who say "you don't get paid to play defense". For those players that trumps anything their coaches might draw up for strategy to actually become a winning caliber team.

I saw where three players were "dialed in" last season on defense with Tolliver, Johnson and Moreland. Now we are down to one player thanks to decisions made in the front office. Who will step up for the team this year to show that they are serious about winning? AD is now 25 years of age. He said he is dialed in to show off his 3 point shooting skills. Nothing has come out of his mouth that I have heard that he will show more love for his team where it is most needed - on defense. Drummond has to step it up or this team is going nowhere. The decision was made to not sign Tolliver or Moreland. The pressure is now on the Piston front office because in my opinion, they made a huge blunder to bank everything on the skill set of a healthy Jon Leuer.

Ballin thanks for providing something positive about Andre Drummond relating to his desire to become a monster shot blocker. I missed that announcement from our center. If AD can control the defensive boards, stop switching off of his assigned big man on pick and roll plays at the free throw line and above, and block shots of drivers who get by the perimeter players, the starters at least should be more competitive. AD also has to stay out of foul trouble and play his best defense in the 4th quarter.

There has been a surprising about of hype relating to what a healthy Jon Leuer will offer. I wonder what has changed since his dismal performances in the last half of the depressing 2016-2017 campaign and I am not referring to Leuer's lack of ability to hit 3 point shots where he went stone cold. What bothered me most was Jon's inability to guard either centers or power forwards that year when he was healthy and younger. Being away from the game for so long why should anyone expect much from him? Leuer has one thing going for him. He is a fundamentally sound basketball player who learned how to play the right way by staying in a great program in college. He was just not strong enough to defend NBA caliber centers or power forwards in the paint but if the current players he is completing with for playing time cannot focus at all on defense, then the coach will have to take what he can get from our $10 million dollar man.

Casey needs to keep his fingers crossed that Henry Ellenson can establish himself as a rotation player who can hold his own in the paint on defense playing back up center. I hate the idea that this might be a make or break season for Henry knowing how young and inexperienced he was when he entered the draft along with his limited experience in either the G League or the NBA under his previous head coach. Casey has some really good assistant coaches and Ellenson is a guy who listens to his coaches and works hard. I doubt that Casey will just throw Henry out on the floor without defining what is expected of him. Did SVG ever do that? This is a great opportunity for Ellenson. All he has to do to win playing time is to show his coaches that he does have the physical conditioning and strength in place to hold his own on defense against much older players. The goal should be to let Ellenson make his mistakes early on and not give up on him so by mid season, Henry can get in a groove and adjust to the speed of the NBA game.

Ballin I agree that the rating of 97 is fair relating to how Reggie Jackson has performed for the past two seasons. I am more concerned with Reggie's cardio ability compared to other starting caliber NBA point guards than I am with his knee issue. Maybe Smith might draw some interest trade wise but I just can't see why any NBA team would take on RJ's contract knowing he is a ball dominate offensive player and a liability on defense. Notice that article on Casey where he most likely will try to implement the same defense he used in Toronto. There was a reference to Jackson's wing span. Jackson, with those long arms should be a really good defensive player and a guy who could cause problems in close outs for 3 point shooters. But RJ didn't seem to have enough gas to get out on shooters last season. He was huffing a puffing a lot thought half court defensive stands when opposing teams used the shot clock well. They were picking on RJ as one of the weak links of SVG's defense. But to be fair there were plenty of holes in SVG's defense mostly because players showed poor recognition skills. Reggie seems to be smart enough but either doesn't have the interest or the cardio ability to play effective defense. Go Pistons!

I just hope Casey doesn't accept lazy half assed effort this season and sets high standards for players to do what is expected of them on defense as well as moving the body on offense instead of standing like statues while one player dribbles around on the perimeter. Casey and his staff will set specific standards for each player telling them what is expected relating to their roles on both offense and defense. This time around, blaming the coach will not be acceptable for most Piston fans. Yet I expect some will do it if things go bad at mid season again. This team has established a history of slacking or folding after mid season. The overall effort by some players changed after Christmas in a bad way. I just hope the team gets better instead of worse come April. There can be no excitement when a team fumbles it's way into the 8th playoff spot knowing how weak the Eastern conference will be this season.

cool breeze

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Few Things

Post  BallinD on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Another week or so and there may be some real piston news as the players start to have their pre-training camp activities. I still expect a pre-season trade...Weggie or Ish,or???
1. We have to hope Casey can get Dre to play a more heady game, (or he will sit to make room for small-ball). And Cool, Dre has stated his season goal is to lead the league in Rebounds and Blocked Shots. He said that...
2. Lotta hate from SI 46 (Dre) and 41 (Blake)by ranking freaking Paul Milsap four ranks ahead of Blake, very questionable and Milsap is three years older. Piston-hate, but works for us to get Blake properly motivated. When I saw the writeup on Dre, though I cringed at what I had not really focused on before "He shot an abysmal 31.4% from 3-10 feet and 26.8% from the mid-range last year. Frankly, the Pistons offense would be better off if he was never allowed to shoot from outside three feet." Wow, talk about a wake-up call to make me choke on my Kool-Aid!
3. I am not nor have been an SVG fan, but for all the talk he mismanaged SJ, I remember SJ first offseason SJ tried to get him to use his left hand...SJ never got it, that could have been a huge assist to his moribund offense, but hey?!
4. I agree, we blew it on Tolliver...Gallowqay or Leuer shoulda beeeeeeeeen gone. Major mistake IMO.
5. About that "Big Three" Weggie ranked at #97 seemed about right.

cool breeze wrote:I loved the example shown where AD randomly decided to double on top of the key instead of defending his man. How many times have we witnessed that from both Monroe and Drummond? Yep you don't get paid to play defense in the NBA as many current players believe. But you don't win if you fail to execute the team's defensive game plan. Casey has at least one player in Stanley Johnson who will listen to his coach and try to make the coach's strategy work. That article did a great job showing Johnson's past value on defense at least when his teammates made bone head decisions. That is what Anthony Tolliver brought to the table last season as well. As the writer pointed out Tolliver and Johnson were the two best defenders last season. I believe the 3rd best defender was Moreland. Now we have an old slow back up center who is more talented offensively but this team desperately needs better defensive players who can defend centers and power forwards.

The Casey article which explains what his Toronto players did to limit high percentage 3 point shooting shows the "Detroit Bad Boys" know what they are talking about. Notice in that article what is required of the center and guard in pick and roll defense if the other three teammates stay home on their assigned players. You have to be "dialed in" as a center on defense for Casey's defensive style to work. So far I have not seen where AD has ever been dialed in with any of the numerous coaches he has had since arriving in Detroit. AD seems to be in the group of NBA players who say "you don't get paid to play defense". For those players that trumps anything their coaches might draw up for strategy to actually become a winning caliber team.

I saw where three players were "dialed in" last season on defense with Tolliver, Johnson and Moreland. Now we are down to one player thanks to decisions made in the front office. Who will step up for the team this year to show that they are serious about winning? AD is now 25 years of age. He said he is dialed in to show off his 3 point shooting skills. Nothing has come out of his mouth that I have heard that he will show more love for his team where it is most needed - on defense. Drummond has to step it up or this team is going nowhere. The decision was made to not sign Tolliver or Moreland. The pressure is now on the Piston front office because in my opinion, they made a huge blunder to bank everything on the skill set of a healthy Jon Leuer.
avatar
BallinD

Posts : 702
Join date : 2015-10-29
Location : Milky Way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Outstanding article by "Detroit Bad Boys" on both Stanley Johnson and Casey

Post  cool breeze on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:08 pm

I loved the example shown where AD randomly decided to double on top of the key instead of defending his man. How many times have we witnessed that from both Monroe and Drummond? Yep you don't get paid to play defense in the NBA as many current players believe. But you don't win if you fail to execute the team's defensive game plan. Casey has at least one player in Stanley Johnson who will listen to his coach and try to make the coach's strategy work. That article did a great job showing Johnson's past value on defense at least when his teammates made bone head decisions. That is what Anthony Tolliver brought to the table last season as well. As the writer pointed out Tolliver and Johnson were the two best defenders last season. I believe the 3rd best defender was Moreland. Now we have an old slow back up center who is more talented offensively but this team desperately needs better defensive players who can defend centers and power forwards.

The Casey article which explains what his Toronto players did to limit high percentage 3 point shooting shows the "Detroit Bad Boys" know what they are talking about. Notice in that article what is required of the center and guard in pick and roll defense if the other three teammates stay home on their assigned players. You have to be "dialed in" as a center on defense for Casey's defensive style to work. So far I have not seen where AD has ever been dialed in with any of the numerous coaches he has had since arriving in Detroit. AD seems to be in the group of NBA players who say "you don't get paid to play defense". For those players that trumps anything their coaches might draw up for strategy to actually become a winning caliber team.

I saw where three players were "dialed in" last season on defense with Tolliver, Johnson and Moreland. Now we are down to one player thanks to decisions made in the front office. Who will step up for the team this year to show that they are serious about winning? AD is now 25 years of age. He said he is dialed in to show off his 3 point shooting skills. Nothing has come out of his mouth that I have heard that he will show more love for his team where it is most needed - on defense. Drummond has to step it up or this team is going nowhere. The decision was made to not sign Tolliver or Moreland. The pressure is now on the Piston front office because in my opinion, they made a huge blunder to bank everything on the skill set of a healthy Jon Leuer.

cool breeze

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oracle

Post  WTF on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Oracle wrote:Possible, but not probable. I'm thinking high 40's, 45-48 wins.

Speaking of what's possible....

Is it possible that Wise can defend Stafford for one second??? I felt lucky that a football Sunday went by without a Lion loss, but then Monday rolled around and those clowns, after a fantastic pick 6 for a 7-0 lead, loses 48-17, I quit watching when Stafford got to 4 picks... that's right, 4 effing picks for this highly paid VETERAN!

I know stuff happens, but it rarely happens at home like this... man, I'm really depressed!

Wise is speechless I have no words for what happened other than to say it was a mistake to fire Caldwell.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4624
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

55 Wins & Lions

Post  Oracle on Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:43 pm

Possible, but not probable. I'm thinking high 40's, 45-48 wins.

Speaking of what's possible....

Is it possible that Wise can defend Stafford for one second??? I felt lucky that a football Sunday went by without a Lion loss, but then Monday rolled around and those clowns, after a fantastic pick 6 for a 7-0 lead, loses 48-17, I quit watching when Stafford got to 4 picks... that's right, 4 effing picks for this highly paid VETERAN!

I know stuff happens, but it rarely happens at home like this... man, I'm really depressed!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6680
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

55 wins

Post  Sparma on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm trying to think of what the equivalent of the Pistons winning 55 games this season would be in my own life this coming year.

Something good. I've got to join the Optimists Club!



BallinD wrote:If this team can win 55 games, and a playoff series, Casey should get another COY and Blake should be in conversation for MVP.

If Bullock can get half of the shots Weggie normally takes and average 20 ppg, he should be in conversation for MIP.

If Dre can meet his goals for the year (tops at rebounds and tops at blocked shots) we should reach those 55 games.

If Weggie can embrace team play and attempt to play defense and share offensive load with Blake, I may say something good about his sorry, petulent azz.

If the world we live in is truly at around 55 wins, we may be at an unofficial Defcon4 or worse, as it appears.

Sports can complement real life issues, but never replace them, nor should they.  If all of us (me included) paid as much attention to world issues as we do to hoops, football, other sports we might be at the world level of Golden State/ Patriots instead of scuffling along like the Pistons/Lions.

If the Stones win 55 games, will Cool Breeze stop yapping about Trump and about Dre not blocking out Whiteside two years ago?  facepalm  facepalm  Shocked

WTF wrote:I'm about as optimistic about this world as I am with this team.  Just like my expectation of the team winning 55 games this season my expectation for the world is that it's far more better, more caring and compassionate.  I don't see 55 wins nor do I see this world getting any better anytime soon if at all without some major event happening.

While we're thinking we are seeing some major progress there is still resistance to a lot of social and economic progress which in my mind is still minimum and there's a storm brewing but everyone keeps down playing it.  It will get much worse before it becomes better.  Just like I use the eye test in assessing basketball while relying little on analytics I also view the world in a similar manner.    So from that I think the world should be 82-0 and right now it's not even at .500.

Yeah maybe we're all bored and that's part of it, this team sucks so it can't distract us much from life woes.  I still feel though that this forum is reaching it's end.
avatar
Sparma

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If

Post  BallinD on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:29 pm

If this team can win 55 games, and a playoff series, Casey should get another COY and Blake should be in conversation for MVP.

If Bullock can get half of the shots Weggie normally takes and average 20 ppg, he should be in conversation for MIP.

If Dre can meet his goals for the year (tops at rebounds and tops at blocked shots) we should reach those 55 games.

If Weggie can embrace team play and attempt to play defense and share offensive load with Blake, I may say something good about his sorry, petulent azz.

If the world we live in is truly at around 55 wins, we may be at an unofficial Defcon4 or worse, as it appears.

Sports can complement real life issues, but never replace them, nor should they.  If all of us (me included) paid as much attention to world issues as we do to hoops, football, other sports we might be at the world level of Golden State/ Patriots instead of scuffling along like the Pistons/Lions.

If the Stones win 55 games, will Cool Breeze stop yapping about Trump and about Dre not blocking out Whiteside two years ago?  facepalm  facepalm  Shocked

WTF wrote:I'm about as optimistic about this world as I am with this team.  Just like my expectation of the team winning 55 games this season my expectation for the world is that it's far more better, more caring and compassionate.  I don't see 55 wins nor do I see this world getting any better anytime soon if at all without some major event happening.

While we're thinking we are seeing some major progress there is still resistance to a lot of social and economic progress which in my mind is still minimum and there's a storm brewing but everyone keeps down playing it.  It will get much worse before it becomes better.  Just like I use the eye test in assessing basketball while relying little on analytics I also view the world in a similar manner.    So from that I think the world should be 82-0 and right now it's not even at .500.

Yeah maybe we're all bored and that's part of it, this team sucks so it can't distract us much from life woes.  I still feel though that this forum is reaching it's end.
avatar
BallinD

Posts : 702
Join date : 2015-10-29
Location : Milky Way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Again LMAO

Post  WTF on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Oracle wrote:
Don wrote:Where did you dream up this personal attack? "This is real life Don, you can't make people love you?" Oh pretty please won't you love me Oracle??
Wow! Where in that did you somehow come up with the idea that this was about YOU???

I'm referring to the United States forcing people to love it... either you do or you don't. Sort of like a God that needs people to fear him and worship him, the level of insecurity there is astounding!

Are you freaking Trump? Everything isn't about you... get a clue!

He likes to make it about himself  really there's something wrong with him.  I think he know better but just can't help himself I don't think he'll ever look in a mirror and think or say maybe it's me.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4624
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don, you're clueless...

Post  Oracle on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Don wrote:Where did you dream up this personal attack? "This is real life Don, you can't make people love you?" Oh pretty please won't you love me Oracle??
Wow! Where in that did you somehow come up with the idea that this was about YOU???

I'm referring to the United States forcing people to love it... either you do or you don't. Sort of like a God that needs people to fear him and worship him, the level of insecurity there is astounding!

Are you freaking Trump? Everything isn't about you... get a clue!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6680
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LMAO

Post  WTF on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Don wrote:I wish more people would not blindly hate Donald Trump but I have no power to stop that emotional feeling many people have who belong to the progressive democratic party along with some members of Congress who are republicans.

No one blindly hates Donald Trump there are clear decisive and rational reasoning behind the dislike most have for him.  You really need to stop generalize folks in comments.  You don't speak for the masses, you don't have all the calculations and equations to what the majority is thinking.   This is the same ole same ole you do when discussing basketball,  you can't validate what you say with facts, always quoting some 2nd or 3rd hand source like it's the truth and written with some magic stone.  

You are overboard and over the top with some long winded post that are mainly off point of the issue being discussed.   Man the **** why don't you and just validate what you say with facts.  Stop trying to validate with BS and Hearsay.

There's a reason or cause for everything people don't just abruptly wake up hating people.  And Oracle right that if no one agrees with you then everyone else is wrong.  It is something sick about that that might require some therapy.

IJS but your non basketball post are about as dumb as a lot of your basketball post.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4624
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Oracle wrote:No games, no real Piston news... we're bored and drifting off to other issues.

Wise & Sparma: Don't let this get you down, as soon as we get some action, Merc, Lemonpen and others will come back. Trump has set off a sh!t storm in this country, but there is some good that has come out because of him.

Some of his policies, which aren't his, but republican, using him as a simpleton signer, are ones I thought Obama should have done. Unfortunately, they're portraying them as big policy, when they're only short term sugar highs designed to get them reelected. Once the sugar wears off things will be a lot worse because the real changes needed haven't been enacted.

However, the big thing Trump has helped us with is exposing how fragile this democracy really is. There are a lot of fixes needed to limit what a president can do, and a lot of things people thought were required, that turned out to be simple norms. But we won't change them until we play the same game on the GOP. They aren't going to win the presidency for a long time, mark my words.

You learn best by your mistakes...


Don, you're clueless, as I said, you're totally incapable of seeing yourself, the result of many years of brain washing not doubt.

You don't just disagree, if people don't believe as you do, your favorite attack is that they don't love America. The fact that you can say that means two things. You want people to parrot your line and be politically correct, and you don't really believe in America, or those vile words would never come out of your mouth.

BTW, I'm sure there are those that hate America, but what's wrong with that? The service men you claim to worship fought for them to have that right, or so they tell me. Any government that has to force people to love it is already in trouble, which is why brain washing kids with the pledge and forcing people to behave in any way during it is sick.

This is real life Don, you can't make people love you!

Where did you dream up this personal attack? "This is real life Don, you can't make people love you?" Oh pretty please won't you love me Oracle?? I can't stand it that really hurt me. You sound like you are about 12 years old Oracle. And you keep throwing out this "politically correct" stigma my way. You have no idea what that term means. I speak as an individual and do not expect anyone to agree with me or do I care. I only state my opinions which I try to base on fact as much as possible. You attack based on generalizations and appear very upset if someone says something that doesn't fit with your perception of things. I am not a member of your hated party the republicans. I do not want your love. My wife and kids love me and my new puppy seems to be having a lot of fun with my family. I believe that you might be the one who is in need of more love. I hope you get it if you are not getting enough.

I wish more people would not blindly hate Donald Trump but I have no power to stop that emotional feeling many people have who belong to the progressive democratic party along with some members of Congress who are republicans. How about just giving him a chance and taking a look at what he wants to accomplish for Americans. He has accomplished a lot as the driver of this new economic growth by pushing through the new tax law and eliminating thousands of regulations that held back growth. If you don't like Trump then vote against him in the next election. That is fair but I encourage people to stop watching main stream media and try to find the real facts. A lot of people were very happy with President Obama just because he was Black and presidential. I never hated him from the get go and hoped he would be a good President. I believe most people thought that way.

watch the documentary "Objectified" where Trumps life goes under the microscope. It turns out that his classmates in school thought highly of him saying he was kind, funny and a good friend. Many who really know him say that. I don't really know him but at least tried to find out the real story maybe because I am an "independent" voter attached to no political party. Years ago Trump appeared on the Opera show and provided his thoughts as to how to make America great again. Before that show ended, Opera said Mr. Trump why don't you run for President? Maybe you should consider thinking outside your political box and maybe read Peter Schweizer's latest book "Secret Empires". The corrupt "deep state" involves members of both political parties. Schweizer has written several other books that eventually stimulated investigations relating to ethics abuses in Washington. The current scandal involves Joe Biden who as Vice President took a trip to two countries to make deals but before his plane left the ground on those countries Biden's son's companies received wire transfers that involved a lot of money. That type of thing is not illegal and members of Congress do not feel bad about helping their friends and kids at the expense of American tax payers who will in some way have to pay for those deals that sure look like bribes. Years ago it was OK to make deals and the deal maker's wife would receive the cash. Now that is considered unethical but money from foreign countries that go into bank accounts of sons and daughters is OK. Surprise it has been Trump who exposed how members of NATO have not paid their fair share of expenses since NATO was created. Who allowed that to happen in the past. Who got the suitcases of cash or diamonds or just wire transfers. Power always corrupts unless rules are in place for members of Congress and those who hold cabinet positions.. So just as the NATO scandal needs to be cleaned up, our polices relating to making trade deals are being changed so American tax payers will get screwed less. The propaganda experts who control media say getting a good deal for Americans rather than China and other countries like Germany is dangerous "nationalism". Did you know we tax payers still are paying both China and India substitutes based on our old policy give away that they are both "developing nations". What I am mentioning should be interesting to everyone who is not involved in the deep state. It shouldn't matter what party you are in should it? Or do you just like being screwed. Basic awareness is better than having blinders on. If you want to hate something do some work to identify what you should really be hating instead of believing the nonsense provided by main stream media. The followers of Bernie Sanders should be very upset with main stream media because you got screwed and would know it if you read the hacked e-mails who coordinated the conspiracy to get Hillary the nomination. How could you believe anything those news anchors say now? As many have said the deep state wanted you to choose from Clinton and Bush not Sanders or Trump. They are pissed off because they didn't get either candidate elected after all that hard work to rig the election. They are pissed and can't get over it so now everyone is supposed to get on board with "resist Trump" or "Trump is a racist". So am I really politically correct because I wish for people to think on their own in an objective manner instead of an emotional gut feeling based on what you hear from the media?

I watch the Pistons and try to pin point segments in games showing why our team lost. If I say that I noticed that AD didn't box out on the defensive boards or Jackson failed to give an honest effort on defense, you scold me and bring up AD's stats. I respond by saying did you actually watch the game I was referring to? You don't respond to that. I think there is somebody out there who will love you Oracle and then maybe you won't find the need to attack posters personally with argument of intimidation like a small child.

cool breeze

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

8th Seed.

Post  Murph on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Wise...this country is capable of 55 wins. But more than likely we’ll get 45 wins and the 8th seed in the playoffs. lol lol lol
avatar
Murph

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 58
Location : Wilton, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gents

Post  WTF on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm about as optimistic about this world as I am with this team.  Just like my expectation of the team winning 55 games this season my expectation for the world is that it's far more better, more caring and compassionate.  I don't see 55 wins nor do I see this world getting any better anytime soon if at all without some major event happening.

While we're thinking we are seeing some major progress there is still resistance to a lot of social and economic progress which in my mind is still minimum and there's a storm brewing but everyone keeps down playing it.  It will get much worse before it becomes better.  Just like I use the eye test in assessing basketball while relying little on analytics I also view the world in a similar manner.    So from that I think the world should be 82-0 and right now it's not even at .500.

Yeah maybe we're all bored and that's part of it, this team sucks so it can't distract us much from life woes.  I still feel though that this forum is reaching it's end.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4624
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Guys, It's Not the End of the World, or this Country, or Even this Forum

Post  Murph on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:38 pm

"It was only about sports and we escaped to such places like this forum to just get away from real life issues? That seems so long ago now and I miss those days of DetroitPistonsTalk being 50 to 60 posters strong.   It's now 2018 I've been doing this thing with some of you since 2004 that's 14 years and I now a couple of you were doing this thing long before me joining in.

We've gotten older our lives have change right along with everything else as time passes and so how we operate on this dying forum.  Politics, religion, race and economics has made it's way into sports rather we like it or not.  No longer can we discuss sports without some impact from all these non sports related
issues."


Wise...good post.  Yes, sports have always been an escape for me, along with this forum.  Not matter what was happening in the world, or in my life, I can always tune into the Pistons, enjoy the game (or not), and then bitch about it on this forum.  lol

Unfortunately, the DetNews shut down their forum, and some of us migrated to this forum.  But there really isn't any way to acquire new posters, and so the forum has steadily dwindled to a precious few.  

But I think you've hit on an important point.  We are all getting older, and the world is changing, and we find it difficult to deal with.  I know I do.  So we take it has a sign that things are ending...when it's really us that are growing old and cranky and jaded.

I have to remember to look at the world through my children's eyes.  They are 16 and 18, and they have their whole lives ahead of them.  They will go to college, and meet lifelong friends, and get jobs, and have careers, and meet their spouses and get married, and have their own kids.  



And really, the environment in which my kids will mature has never been better.  This country has never been more diverse.  The economy has never been stronger.  The standard of living has never been higher, for everyone.  Jobs are plentiful.  And although it doesn't seem like it, racism has been steadily declining and continues to decline throughout my lifetime.  

And the fact that we are able to discuss the problems that do still exist, such as the criminal justice system, is a good sign, not a bad sign.  Heck, when I was growing up, Kaepenick never even would have been a QB, let alone an angry
social justice warrior QB, because there were almost no black QBs.  

When I was growning up, HOFer Warren Moon had to play in the Canadian Football League for 6 freaking years, before he could get a job as an NFL QB, because he was black.

And Barack Obama....as President of the United States.  I may not have agreed with many his policies, but the fact that he was President, and a very popular one, speaks volumes about this country.

So please try to remember how bad things use to be in this country, and how far we've come, and how far we will continue go as a nation.
avatar
Murph

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 58
Location : Wilton, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

We're BORED!!!

Post  Oracle on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:53 am

No games, no real Piston news... we're bored and drifting off to other issues.

Wise & Sparma: Don't let this get you down, as soon as we get some action, Merc, Lemonpen and others will come back. Trump has set off a sh!t storm in this country, but there is some good that has come out because of him.

Some of his policies, which aren't his, but republican, using him as a simpleton signer, are ones I thought Obama should have done. Unfortunately, they're portraying them as big policy, when they're only short term sugar highs designed to get them reelected. Once the sugar wears off things will be a lot worse because the real changes needed haven't been enacted.

However, the big thing Trump has helped us with is exposing how fragile this democracy really is. There are a lot of fixes needed to limit what a president can do, and a lot of things people thought were required, that turned out to be simple norms. But we won't change them until we play the same game on the GOP. They aren't going to win the presidency for a long time, mark my words.

You learn best by your mistakes...


Don, you're clueless, as I said, you're totally incapable of seeing yourself, the result of many years of brain washing not doubt.

You don't just disagree, if people don't believe as you do, your favorite attack is that they don't love America. The fact that you can say that means two things. You want people to parrot your line and be politically correct, and you don't really believe in America, or those vile words would never come out of your mouth.

BTW, I'm sure there are those that hate America, but what's wrong with that? The service men you claim to worship fought for them to have that right, or so they tell me. Any government that has to force people to love it is already in trouble, which is why brain washing kids with the pledge and forcing people to behave in any way during it is sick.

This is real life Don, you can't make people love you!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6680
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:19 pm

Oracle wrote:Political correctness, while a big problem, isn't the biggest problem. Look at everyone's posts and see how each wants the other to adhere to some form of political correctness. Don reeks of it so much it's amazing, and I only bring him up because he's been that way so long it's ridiculous, not to mention his massive double standards that permeate both his sports and life postings. Sadly, he can't see himself at all.

Murph, I'm not an atheist because I believe in something, just not the God organized religion puts forth. They're like children who know that there's this invisible thing called electricity, but because they don't understand it, make it a God or a Devil.

No God would have laws that don't work in every circumstance, rules that can be broken, and what idiot would watch animals rape or hurt children and not stop it immediately. Hell nobody on this board would let that happen... so much for an all knowing and all seeing God. BTW, since God can do anything, how about going back in time and stopping the killing of the American Indians, or stopping the slave trade? Hey, it's never too late if you're all powerful.

If there is a God, his laws would be the laws of physics. Oddly the "God" equation, E=MC2, isn't understood by lay people, but if a God existed, he would have had to be in control of this equation, which governs the creation and destruction of matter.

But I digress! The real problem is that this country needs to enter a 12 step program, because we're in total and complete denial.

We pretend everything is not partisan, we pretend justice is blind, we pretend the country is not racist, we pretend we have a free market, we pretend everybody is equal. So we can't make America great again, America was never great. Greatness implies little room for improvement, and that so far from reality it's amazing people can say that with a straight face.

Until we stop pretending and start being honest with ourselves, none of our real problems will ever be solved. We'll just keep pushing the ball down the road, not noticing that the damn thing is ticking until it's too late. Amazingly Liberals believe everything will work out, Conservatives don't really believe that, but won't split off to do their own thing.

You can live with people that you disagree with, even if you argue a lot, but you can't live with people who's values are fundamentally and radically different... and why would you want that?

The bill will come due, but it'll come due to another generation... no one will forget, and when the majority becomes the minority, payment will be made one way or another.

At times we agree on Piston matters Oracle even though at times you have the need to attack posters personally especially me with insults and argument of intimidation. This classifying of people with generalizations is special relating to politics. I I believe in keeping the Constitution and the Bill of Rights does that make me "Politically correct"?If I am "politically correct" how can I be an Independent ( former liberal democrat who lost his party to Progressives) voter? If I support Trump as President and love his policies and incredible work ethic, how can I be politically correct? By the way I love how some Americans are embracing "Nationalism" and expressing love for their country. I am one of the "deplorable" voters who went against the grain or establishment where the candidates were supposed to be Clinton and Bush? Maybe because I am a combat vet and have a family history of relatives who served in the armed forces so I believe people should keep politics out and stand for the National Anthem to respect those who died when serving our country I am out of line and condemned as "politically correct". I am proud of the way I have lived my life Oracle and always tried to do the right thing which was my Father's only request of me. You provide a lot of nasty assumptions or petty digs when you disagree with people and seldom write anything enlightening but at times you have had some good thoughts about Piston basketball.

We should all be able to agree to disagree about everything especially the Pistons. I never feel threatened by anything anybody says but will respond if I disagree as we all should. We we can do that then your prediction for the future will be wrong. As a long time Piston fan, player and coach I can't help it that I am addicted basketball. I really like reading what others think about the team and enjoy discussing things on this forum especially the Pistons, Lions, Tigers and the college teams. If posters post something on politics I do not agree with, then I might respond and we can all do that still as Americans. You have the need to stereotype people which I find odd for an adult person in this day and age. The world is not going to hell in a hand basket. Good things will happen if we are kind people and help others who struggle in life. If we can stay away from hate groups, we can benefit others and have a clearer perception of things. This forum is not coming to an end. The season hasn't yet begun. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum