Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Phil-Good
cool breeze
Sparma
Oracle
Go Stones!
Murph
WTF
KaySlay
12 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:55 pm

Oracle wrote:While Stanley isn't quite the Darko pick, he's close enough to make me sick! I wanted either Miles Turner or Frank Kaminski, with Miles my first choice. Sad to admit I wasn't a Booker fan for defensive purposes, but with that level of offense, I'm very forgiving on the defensive end!

Damn near any of the other options would have been a lot better.

Let's face it, what other successful rookie have we had that regressed in their 2nd year, and if you can find one, I bet they haven't regressed as much as Stanley.

If there are teams out there that are willing to cough up a 1st round pick(likely none), we should take it.

Or like Don suggested, a 2nd round pick would be nice this year, so if we could get that for Stanley, we should take it immediately... time to move on from the self proclaimed "Best Player in the Draft", what a joke!
cool breeze wrote:
Sparma wrote:Maybe the Grand Rapids kid would have been a better pick than Stanley J?

(Can't remember who thought so at the time of the '15 draft.)

He would be a better fit for the current Piston offense. But then how would Booker score 70 points if the point guard never passed the ball to him?

Face what set of facts Oracle? Johnson? This is not the Stanley Johnson that I know. But I have watched all of the games this season and the facts show that Johnson is not a major player in Stan Van Gundy's system. Johnson has been benched several times but when he was getting into games, how many times did he even touch the basketball in the half court offense? No player can get his bearings on offense when you are excluded from the offense. When he was benched did any of his replacements do anything better? No because they were not only not major players in the offense but they seldom if ever touched the basketball either. What I see in Johnson this season is a guy who fears being taken out of the game after he gets in the game for two minutes. Previous to coming into Stan Van Gundy's system, Johnson was a different type of player full of confidence and a very smart decision maker. Johnson has an NBA body and very good quickness and a good basketball mind. He is only 20 years old playing with dysfunctional players. Right now the best thing for him would be to get traded and out of Stan Van Gundy's lame offense and away from his chosen key players who run the team..Remember the story about Zeke calling Dumars during a series with the Chicago Bulls. Those two players created the Jordan Rules. Zeke said that the Pistons need more Stanley Johnson type players. But you know a lot more than Isiah Thomas right? No Zeke can see what is going on with the Pisttons. I know he wonders how in hell he would look like a real player if he had to play with the moron leaders Van Gundy has chosen. I pointed out one telling moment of last nights game where Drummond switched off his man so he didn't have to move two feet and allowed the 5 foot 10 inch Ish Smith to switch and guard Andre's man two feet under the basket. If you get into a game and your role is to stand on the baseline on the weak side you can't employ any of your skill set. Johnson should be running around setting screens in the paint for his teammates and then releasing and getting the ball back and then looking for an open shooter. We have no player like that this season. We have no player in the starting lineup who doesn't try shooting a contested jump shot regardless of how much time is on the shot clock.

You ranting about your disappointment with Johnson shows me you either don't watch game or know very little about playing basketball the right way. You just can play the right way and get playing time on this team right now with the AAU style of offense SVG has decided to play and when you play with the players Van Gundy has chosen to lead the team. Johnson has never been allowed to be a team leader. He has always been on the fringe. It will be a good thing for him to move to another team and a bad thing for the low basketball IQ Detroit Pistons. Who wouldn't want out of this team with this group of leader. The fact that you bother to bring up Johnson instead of the focus being on the failings of Drummond, Jackson, Harris, Leuer, Morris, Smith and Pope is incredible. Those are the players who have mailed it in on the defensive end where games are won or lost. This 20 year kid can only sit and watch and try to blend in until he get get his ass out of this cancer. Stan Van Gundy knows what he has created. Reality has now set in and I doubt he is pointing any fingers Stanley Johnson's way.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Throwing in the towel

Post  Sparma Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Returning to Don's question about whether fans should hope the Pistons make the playoffs, whereas I was of two minds before, now I'm just hoping for the highest pick they can get. I'd be delirious if they could land in the top 3 (2.2% still).

Before, I thought it'd be a good experience to get up to #6 or #7 in the East, to see where they might stand in relation to a new challenge. Now, it looks like they're, realistically, fighting for the the #8 spot only. If that means going up against a full strength Cleveland team, seen that, done that.

The biggest drawback to finishing in the lottery is that the team might be tempted to make panicky moves. Jettison Reggie J? I'm all for it. But trade him for pennies on the dollar? Not so fast. If that's the option, I'd like to see how he does next season at fuller health. Can he transition to 6th man? He's probably worth more to us, if used wisely, than he'd fetch in a crummy trade.

Trade Drummond? I'm not opposed. But be careful not to engage in a fire sale.

You finish out of the playoffs and everyone's ready to pounce, thinking you're desperate. We ARE desperate (or should be), but still need to be smart, not taken advantage of.

So, get us as high a pick as possible, but don't be dumb, because panicked.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Let's face facts on Stanley Johnson

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:00 am

While Stanley isn't quite the Darko pick, he's close enough to make me sick! I wanted either Miles Turner or Frank Kaminski, with Miles my first choice. Sad to admit I wasn't a Booker fan for defensive purposes, but with that level of offense, I'm very forgiving on the defensive end!

Damn near any of the other options would have been a lot better.

Let's face it, what other successful rookie have we had that regressed in their 2nd year, and if you can find one, I bet they haven't regressed as much as Stanley.

If there are teams out there that are willing to cough up a 1st round pick(likely none), we should take it.

Or like Don suggested, a 2nd round pick would be nice this year, so if we could get that for Stanley, we should take it immediately... time to move on from the self proclaimed "Best Player in the Draft", what a joke!
cool breeze wrote:
Sparma wrote:Maybe the Grand Rapids kid would have been a better pick than Stanley J?

He would be a better fit for the current Piston offense. But then how would Booker score 70 points if the point guard never passed the ball to him?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Want to try something new? Bench Andre Drummond for one game and see what happens

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:51 am

I am not kidding it might surprise everyone including the Piston players if Andre took a night off. Start Baynes to help get the defense on track. The basic dysfunction of one or two players cause everyone to lose their energy because it is not fun to play basketball with some players. The game has to be fun or the players feel like playing is a real drag. This losing streak might not be totally Andre's fault, but he is the highest paid player on the team who makes way too many mental mistakes. Cutting down on the mental mistakes might kick start this team into playing with more fire. The coach has tried switching lineups involving the point guard and power forward positions. I say it is time to try something new with the starting center position and the back up player cannot be Andre either. See what Boban can really do. Don't worry about match ups as Van Gundy has said before about using Boban. Andre cannot play defense against any center in the league. If Stan Watches the first quarter and how Drummond made that switch off his man so Smith had to guard Orlando's center when the center was three feet from the basket and Smith had his man properly guarded, Andre switched because it was the easiest thing to do. He didn't have to move two feet over to guard his man. That should get you a seat on the bench for at least one game. Did the assistant coaches see that mind fart? Stan was talking so I don't think he actually was watching the game at the time? What in hell was Smith thinking when Andre stuck him with the opposing center who is about 14 inches taller and twice the weight of Smith? What player can be serious and focused when you have a teammate like that? Please sit Andre Drummond on the bench and then trade him this summer regardless of the deal.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:35 am

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Reggie Jackson's solo dribble and shoot with last Piston possession of the first half left a bitter taste in his teammates mouths

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:23 am

Stan Van Gundy threw up his hands in disbelief when Reggie launched that contested 3 point attempt as the first half ended. He never passed the basketball and never even looked to see Pope wide open on one side and Johnson holding his hands up on the other wing. The stats show Detroit had only 10 assists in that half of basketball while Orlando had 22. Both Piston point guards were horrible. Morris and Harris were playing like Jackson and Smith. Detroit can only pass the basketball one time at best in their half court offense. Players are no longer even looking to receive the basketball let alone move without the ball or set screens. And who would be afraid to dive into the Piston paint when Andre Drummond is playing center. Andre Drummond might be the worst starting Piston defender who has ever played center for the Pistons.

What I liked about this game was that Stan Van Gundy was getting in his starters faces some. He was letting them have it instead of bitching to the players sitting on the bench. He got on them not for missing so many shots but how the starters were playing defense. I agree with Sparma that this is the worst period of time I can ever remember where the team has just fallen fallen off the cliff after having such high expectations just a few weeks ago. But I think the way this team has played all season long has a lot to do with the misery they feel now. We were all watching players who were not getting better as the season moved on and were not trying to play the right way. The coach allowed it to happen and getting mad now seems silly but SVG sure is justified in letting loose on these guys. The effort is pitiful. If the players being too lazy and selfish to work for an uncontested shot within the half court office start missing shots then they play like little kids who give up and give no effort on defense. The lack of basic effort has been missing now for two weeks.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Booker scores 70

Post  Sparma Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Maybe the Grand Rapids kid would have been a better pick than Stanley J?

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Worst three game stretch ever?

Post  Sparma Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 pm

This has gotten ridiculous. I know the Pistons have had some terrible teams, but this must set some kind of record for a Pistons team with playoff aspirations. And Jodie Meeks scores 15 against us?

What next??
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty 8:34 minute mark of the 1st quarter - Andre Drummond playing defense

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 pm

With Andre Drummond standing under the basket and his man Orlando's center moving to his right to within 3 feet from the basket Andre decides he will switch and play the point guard that Smith is already guarding. Stan Van Gundy is talking on the bench as the camera turns to him thinking he might be upset. But no Stan doesn't react at all. This is inexcusable by this coach. Right then is the time Van Gundy needed to take Andre out of the game. But maybe punishment of being on the bench is where Andre wants to be. Johnson hates sitting on the bench and SVG knows it. Maybe sending Andre to the bench is like a parent telling their kid who is doing something he or she shouldn't to go to their room where they can play on the computer or watch television.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty BTW,

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Is there anybody that can't kick our ass???

FORUM - Page 14 Untitl10
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Reggie Jackson WILL regain his form, but...

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 pm

If SVG gets rid of him, he may never be a starting PG again unless he goes to a total loser.

IMO, SVG was smart to use him off the bench, the talking heads believe that this was a mistake, but it was a smart move.

Now Reggie is set up to be more attractive to a team that needs him to come off the bench, and he'll accept it now since that's his lot in life.

If his attitude, stamina and health issues weren't there, I'd be saying we need to keep him. Sometimes folks can even deal with the health stuff, but if you're a locker room cancer, that's a non-starter.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:04 pm

WTF wrote:We need to blow this team to hell after this season is over with.

I know seems a little drastic but must we keep singing this same ole song season after season. Every year with take the littlest or inkling of hope and turn it into something larger than reality. IMO we should have moved all 3 at trade deadline (Reggie, Andre and KCP).

We didn't have to like every deal nothing is ever perfect but I'll be damned if most of the PG offers wouldn't have improved our efforts and got us that 6th seed that looked highly possible 2 weeks ago. Reggie amd Andre just don't cut it to be our suppose leaders. KCP story isn't that he's a bad player, he just never been used properly from the time he was drafted so I hope like hell he run to the Nets if they offer him a Max Deal, I hope SVG has enough sense to trade him if the Nets don't.

If SVG wants to be this one dimensional with this offense then he needs to sell completely out and have shooters at all 5 positions if a jumpshooting team is what he wants. As this roster stands he has no clue how to use it and what players he really need to feature in his offense (KCP and Harris) not Reggie and Andre facepalm

The other option would be to fire himself as coach tb

WtF I wonder if there were really any offers for any of those players before the trade deadline. Did SVG receive one phone call or more than one from any GM currently working for a NBA team? I just have a very difficult time believing that any GM would want to take on Drummond or Jackson's contracts based on their performances prior to the deadline. Now their value as dropped a whole lot more. If calls were made it is most likely that SVG was offered equally horrible players with bad contract for our two Van Gundy designated team leaders. I like Andre's recent comments after the Bulls loss where he was saying all teams go through bad times like get off my back and forget about it. It would be more uplifting if Andre had said that I know I suck and am going to get into the gym and work hard this summer and will not leave until I figure things out. Instead he dismisses everything like this whole string of horrible loses involved bad luck.

KCP's agent has made it known that Pope will only consider max contract deals. This was known before the trade deadline so maybe there were no options available to SVG to make a deal for Pope. Fans and Piston management seem to have a long history of over estimating the value of their players especially when those players are playing on losing teams. But I sure agree with you that if it was possible, all three players should have been removed. If there were any offers for any of those players SVG must be hitting his head against the wall in his coaches office on a daily basis before he starts practice. Imagine watching Drummond and Jackson at practice wearing their head sets listening to music as Van Gundy goes though the tactics he wants employed for the next game. I haven't seen Andre Drummond change make one adjustment relating to defense with any opponent from game to game since he arrived as a rookie. If Darko or Anthony Davis were coming to play at the Palace Andre would not alter his game plan. He has his own game plan that is separate from the coaches game plan. And the coach knows that about his star player but as Andre makes $20 million a year with only the stipulation that he must show up if healthy, what can he do? You got it, he can only bang his head against the wall of his coaches office. That is why his head shakes a lot during games. I SVG wants to be relieved of his coaching duties I hope he hires a young smart coach and allows that coach to make his own decisions on how he wants to run the offense and defense. What is troublesome if true is the idea that SVG is too hard on his players. Does he say mean things to Jackson, Drummond and Pope? I sure don't see it. most likely he takes everything out on guys like Hilliard, Johnson and Bullock in practice and at halftime. You guys are hurting the team the way you sit on the bench. I will not accept your negative expressions anymore.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Oracle wrote:Anybody that can't tell the difference from seeing NBA Stars like LeBron, Curry, etc. and watching the Drive aren't buying tickets on a regular basis anyway.

Nobody loses sleep over that!
cool breeze wrote:A close friend of mine called me tonight and wanted to talk about the Michigan-Oregon game. Then he got on a rant about the Pistons. He lives in Grand Rapids and took his family to one Piston game this season. As they drove back home his kids said it is a lot more fun to go to the Drive games. My friend paid big money to take a family of 4 to that game and nobody had a good time. My Friend's kids both are good young athletes who loves sports but are really turned off by the way this Piston team plays the game. One has to wonder how many people feel that same way and never return.

I still have a vision of the last game at the Nets arena where it looked like a sell out. This is the worst team in the NBA but the fans have a good time. They have young spirited players who at least look like they are enjoying what they are doing. I am thinking that Stan Van Gundy is going to try to change this team in a big way before next season. However, it will be very difficult to move the players he needs to move and Stan knows it. After what has happened and looking at the payroll will Tom Gores put him on a short leash or trust Stan one more time?

This is where you go wrong Oracle. Knowledgeable basketball fans, former athletes and even teenagers want to see real basketball not the 2 on 2 - 1 on 1 - or 3 on 2 nonsense that now is the norm in the NBA. People like me love to see five players play like a team. We love to see teams that have great chemistry. We find it really dull watching individuals who are deemed stars and then get to play under the protection of special rules. This is the NBA. And when there are no stars on the NBA team that you follow, it gets even more dull because those teams try to play the same way teams with stars play. You go home knowing that you got robbed if you come to the Palace thinking that you are going to be watching a real basketball game. Teenagers who are currently playing on high school teams know the difference because they are playing the real thing with five players playing together helping each other on defense and sharing the basketball and running actual plays on offense that involve all five players. Most high school kids who make teams know how to play multiple defenses that are used in every game. They play several different presses and all five players know where they need to be in the press. Imagine those kids watching Andre Drummond or Reggie Jackson playing defense at the Palace.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the Drive play but hope to next year. From what I hear the local fans love watching those players. My friend says the atmosphere is much different from Palace. I attended a lot of games in the past at the Palace and everyone that I knew then tell me now that unless there is a halftime celebration for a retired former Piston star, the experience is pretty darn boring. Maybe you go to the Palace and have a great time and enjoy watching these players. Good for you. But if you live in Michigan you might want to check out the Drive or maybe your local high school team to compare the experience with the Piston experience. If the Spurs players with their coach were playing at the Palace I am sure my friend wouldn't have made those comments about his family outings with the Detroit Pistons this winter.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty My Brothers In Arms........

Post  WTF Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:55 pm

We need to blow this team to hell after this season is over with.

I know seems a little drastic but must we keep singing this same ole song season after season. Every year with take the littlest or inkling of hope and turn it into something larger than reality. IMO we should have moved all 3 at trade deadline (Reggie, Andre and KCP).

We didn't have to like every deal nothing is ever perfect but I'll be damned if most of the PG offers wouldn't have improved our efforts and got us that 6th seed that looked highly possible 2 weeks ago. Reggie amd Andre just don't cut it to be our suppose leaders. KCP story isn't that he's a bad player, he just never been used properly from the time he was drafted so I hope like hell he run to the Nets if they offer him a Max Deal, I hope SVG has enough sense to trade him if the Nets don't.

If SVG wants to be this one dimensional with this offense then he needs to sell completely out and have shooters at all 5 positions if a jumpshooting team is what he wants. As this roster stands he has no clue how to use it and what players he really need to feature in his offense (KCP and Harris) not Reggie and Andre facepalm

The other option would be to fire himself as coach tb
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Seriously?

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:26 am

Anybody that can't tell the difference from seeing NBA Stars like LeBron, Curry, etc. and watching the Drive aren't buying tickets on a regular basis anyway.

Nobody loses sleep over that!
cool breeze wrote:A close friend of mine called me tonight and wanted to talk about the Michigan-Oregon game. Then he got on a rant about the Pistons. He lives in Grand Rapids and took his family to one Piston game this season. As they drove back home his kids said it is a lot more fun to go to the Drive games. My friend paid big money to take a family of 4 to that game and nobody had a good time. My Friend's kids both are good young athletes who loves sports but are really turned off by the way this Piston team plays the game. One has to wonder how many people feel that same way and never return.

I still have a vision of the last game at the Nets arena where it looked like a sell out. This is the worst team in the NBA but the fans have a good time. They have young spirited players who at least look like they are enjoying what they are doing. I am thinking that Stan Van Gundy is going to try to change this team in a big way before next season. However, it will be very difficult to move the players he needs to move and Stan knows it. After what has happened and looking at the payroll will Tom Gores put him on a short leash or trust Stan one more time?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty This is a story that should give Tom Gores a wake up call

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:13 am

A close friend of mine called me tonight and wanted to talk about the Michigan-Oregon game. Then he got on a rant about the Pistons. He lives in Grand Rapids and took his family to one Piston game this season. As they drove back home his kids said it is a lot more fun to go to the Drive games. My friend paid big money to take a family of 4 to that game and nobody had a good time. My Friend's kids both are good young athletes who loves sports but are really turned off by the way this Piston team plays the game. One has to wonder how many people feel that same way and never return.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:56 am

Phil1980boy wrote:For me this is not A deal breaker. It's time to hit the reset button A little bit.

What we are seeing in this year team is A lack of veteran leadership and bad chemistry among A group of guys who the oldest player is like 27 years of age.

Stan needs to go talk with Pat Riley and Pop about dealing with bad chemistry teams.

Stan will be OK. The Pistons will be OK.

Start with this draft. Go out and find A PG in this draft who has the potential, speed, shooting ability and high character to lead this Pistons team into the future.

A trade for A starting PG is mandatory also. A veteran guy who knows how to lead. Jeff Teague is the first guy who comes to mind. Second is Rondo, if his attitude is right.

This team is talented and can win if the right two or three moves are pulled off.

It appears that the best point guards will be off the boards when Detroit gets to make their pick. I wish the Pistons had a 2nd round pick. There will be some sleepers in the 2nd round. I really can't see much difference between the players listed on most draft boards after the 7th or 8th pick from the players listed in the 2nd round. I like two players who both play for Oregon and one of them is tough as hell and was PAC12 player of the year.

Maybe the chemistry issues are caused because every starter is getting his ass beat on defense a lot. You can switch Leuer and Smith into the starting 5 and the same result happens on the defensive end. I can't see where any of the starters will make a big jump in improvement next season especially in SVG's dysfunctional offensive system. Or am I wrong and there is nothing wrong and the players he picks to get playing time are just a bit below average with none being complete basketball players?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty In the article "The Reggie Jackson era is over", SVG is exposed

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 pm

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/3/23/15034484/the-reggie-jackson-era-is-over-stan-van-gundy wrote:One of the biggest reasons it’s harder to score in the postseason is because the opposition finally has time to set up a scheme that is solely focused on the team they’re playing. For two weeks, in a seven-game series, all that matters is stopping one team.

In the regular season, you could be in Utah, Chicago, Cleveland and Milwaukee all in the same week and any defensive schemes would be vanilla at best.

What the Pistons — led by SVG — have done is give teams an upper hand in defending them by adding nothing new to their style or play all year. Teams have used the same defensive foundations throughout the season against the Pistons and can add on each time they play — like in a playoff scenario — because nothing changes.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Blaming the other cylinders...

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:04 pm

You have a 6 cylinder engine, 3 of the cylinders aren't firing(Reggie, Drummond & SVG) and you blame the others for poor performance?

Phillip continues to see the light:
1. SVG made a big mistake getting rid of ALL veterans, figuring that these guys had already grown up!
2. Jeff Teague would be a great addition
3. Draft a PG only if a defensive PF or center is not available, Drummond can work with the right help
4. I asked if SVG had lost the team, and the answer is not the team, but he's for sure lost Reggie and there is likely no way back

BallinD wrote:We pretty much see eye-to-eye Cool!  

I'll keep it simple.  Two highest-paid players, our "all star" and our "future hall of famer" are the best sulkers, worst defenders, worst leaders on the team.  (Watch the interviews.  Watch them on the floor.)  KCP needs to be upgraded(Good luck).  Disappears in way, way, way too many big games!!  Third highest payroll = most dis-interested, under-achieving team.

cool breeze wrote:

This is what I hope for moving forward to next season.

1. Let Pope go and congratulate him if he gets a max contract or anywhere near that amount. Sign and Trade - Maybe, it depends on the team, but our loss will be huge

2. Trade Andre Drummond somehow even if management has to kick in money. Draft Day trade Very bad reactionary move if no plan is in place, you guys provide none

3. Trade Jackson or send him to he D- League to learn how to run a half court offense and play better defense. This case is different for health and chemistry reasons

4. Draft a point guard. Yep - Maybe, it totally depends on who's on the board when we pick

5. Trade Stanley Johnson. Keep him and build around his young bull-headed leadership. Yes, as with KCP, for his own good, neither has a bright future in SVG's offense

7. Hire a new President and GM. Then have that new person evaluate Stan Van Gundy as a head coach. The current management situation is not working. Nope. Switch this up, Swap out Coach SVG for an innovative assistant or great, young college coach. - SVG, as Phillip said, will be alright in the long run
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Me Too

Post  BallinD Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:38 pm

We pretty much see eye-to-eye Cool!  

I'll keep it simple.  Two highest-paid players, our "all star" and our "future hall of famer" are the best sulkers, worst defenders, worst leaders on the team.  (Watch the interviews.  Watch them on the floor.)  KCP needs to be upgraded.  Disappears in way, way, way too many big games!!  Third highest payroll = most dis-interested, under-achieving team.

cool breeze wrote:

1. Let Pope go and congratulate him if he gets a max contract or anywhere near that amount. Sign and Trade

2. Trade Andre Drummond somehow even if management has to kick in money. Draft Day trade

3. Trade Jackson or send him to he D- League to learn how to run a half court offense and play better defense.

4. Draft a point guard. Yep

5. Trade Stanley Johnson. Keep him and build around his young bull-headed leadership.

7. Hire a new President and GM. Then have that new person evaluate Stan Van Gundy as a head coach. The current management situation is not working. Nope. Switch this up, Swap out Coach SVG for an innovative assistant or great, young college coach.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty 2016/17. The year of bad chemistry for the Detroit Pistons lottery team.

Post  Phil-Good Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:47 pm

For me this is not A deal breaker. It's time to hit the reset button A little bit.

What we are seeing in this year team is A lack of veteran leadership and bad chemistry among A group of guys who the oldest player is like 27 years of age.

Stan needs to go talk with Pat Riley and Pop about dealing with bad chemistry teams.

Stan will be OK. The Pistons will be OK.

Start with this draft. Go out and find A PG in this draft who has the potential, speed, shooting ability and high character to lead this Pistons team into the future.

A trade for A starting PG is mandatory also. A veteran guy who knows how to lead. Jeff Teague is the first guy who comes to mind. Second is Rondo, if his attitude is right.

This team is talented and can win if the right two or three moves are pulled off.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Now if was these girls, at least it'd be entertaining  lol

FORUM - Page 14 Spains-Hot-Soccer-Girls-11
BallinD wrote:Now Girls!  Behave yourselves...It's not that seriouis!?!?!??

FORUM - Page 14 Girls211

lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty "Prepare To Be Uninspired"

Post  cool breeze Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:13 pm

The article " In loss To The Bulls, Pistons Show Little Effort" is a hoot. This article provides two game situations where Stan's official half court offense is featured with Reggie Jackson. I liked the film on KCP's closeout with the comments "rec. ball quality". In that play you can see Harris and Drummond on opposite ends of the low post outside the 3 second lines just standing and watching while Pope's man goes by Pope for an easy layup. The caption is "no help side defense". How many times have we watched Drummond provide no help side defense while instead just standing and watching like a fan?

1. Let Pope go and congratulate him if he gets a max contract or anywhere near that amount.

2. Trade Andre Drummond somehow even if management has to kick in money.

3. Trade Jackson or send him to he D- League to learn how to run a half court offense and play better defense.

4. Draft a point guard.

5. Trade Stanley Johnson. Believe it or not, there are several other NBA teams that would like to have Stanley Johnson on their team and know how to use him properly. Being he is one of the few players any team is interested in, why not get something for him before his contract expires? He doesn't fit SVG's offensive system which can be viewed above on two game situations with Reggie Jackson. Comments made by Isiah Thomas while sitting with our Piston announcers at a Piston game still holds some juice for me. As Johnson approached the scorers table to check in Zeke said, "The Pistons need more players like him". We know the opinion that Van Gundy has relating to Johnson which is the complete opposite of Zeke's. If Van Gundy is not fired then please trade Johnson so he is not under the spell of Drummond and Jackson which are SVG's team leaders. If you want to play the right way then don't get stuck with playing basketball with SVG's Piston leaders. It could end your career.

6. Re evaluate the assistant coaching core and bring in some new younger coaches. I have heard rumors that some of the assistant coaches are pure poison for this team. Are the coaches building team chemistry or destroying everything they touch? Is this pure nonsense and a false rumor? Can these coaches actually help make players better?

7. Hire a new President and GM. Then have that new person evaluate Stan Van Gundy as a head coach. The current management situation is not working.

8. I know the deal is done but I hate the fact that no more Piston games will be played at the Palace. This was the place where the championships were won. Then again, I hated it when the Lions moved to the Silver-Dome. As a kid going to Briggs Stadium going to one game in my life with the snow flying I thought anything was possible. Championships were won in that stadium and none since our Lions moved. The stadiums were more fan friendly but the players became a lot softer. Will our Pistons suck even more playing downtown where the post game distractions will be even more on display to get the young players off track?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Pistons Fighting For Their Playoff Lives

Post  BallinD Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Now Girls!  Behave yourselves...It's not that seriouis!?!?!??

FORUM - Page 14 Girls211

lol lol lol
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty The good news?: 2.2%

Post  Sparma Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:09 pm

That's our present likelihood of landing in the top 3 in the draft.

Don't usually listen to Adam Schein on Sirius, but this morning heard him include the Pistons in his top stories ("What the h... happened to the Pistons?").  We're a national story!  Not quite in the way we'd hoped though.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next