Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
deusXango
FlyDog
Oracle
cool breeze
WTF
Murph
Go Stones!
Sebastian
BallinD
Sparma
14 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Good Win is a Good Win

Post  BallinD Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:11 am

Maybe this was the shakeup we needed, getting Leuer in there to start and Tobias being our sixth man of the year candidate.  

Color me hopeful this uptick in effort and fit is bigger than the small sample size. guitar
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  KaySlay Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:58 am

Oracle wrote:Well, two games in a row where Reggie is looking more like he gets it, but he still has a ways to go.

I hope so. I would also like to see him get control of the turnovers.

Harris has played well coming off the bench. Has throwing him to the second unit ignited the fire we saw in him last season?

Once again the Pistons have given us something to be hopeful for in this new year.
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Pistons...

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:50 am

Well, two games in a row where Reggie is looking more like he gets it, but he still has a ways to go.

I always feel good when I see stats like this,

FORUM - Page 4 Untitl12

When the distribution is this good between Leuer, Morris, KCP and Harris, with both PG's dishing decent assists, we should win!

This was our 5th highest assist game, and that's good news going forward.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Oracle

Post  KaySlay Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:16 am

I absolutely think adjustsments should be made when something is not working. How long would you continue to do the same thing and expect different results? Are you familiar with the definition of insanity?
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Sadly for the Lions...

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:03 am

The rout is on!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty LOL

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:01 am

KaySlay wrote:I don't think you get it either with your so called "facts" but I'm fine being the contrarian to your "wisdom". Glad you're not our GM.
So you believe that we should shake up one of the BEST starting 5 in the game based on how many games?

Are you sure you know what you think you know lol lol lol

Remember fighting facts isn't contrarian, it's something else lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  KaySlay Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:47 pm

I don't think you get it either with your so called "facts" but I'm fine being the contrarian to your "wisdom". Glad you're not our GM.
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty You're too funny...

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:37 pm

KaySlay wrote:Calling us an improved team simply due to roster additions. - That led to EVERYONE in the basketball world predicting great things for us, but you don't believe that and cite a few people saying we're bad? Don't use that logic to cross the street, it could get you killed!

Failing to acknowledge our poor record despite these "additions". - What planet are you on, I did acknowledge that! Does it confuse you that I said you need to evaluate it in sections???

Assuming we dont know enough about this Pistons team to seek a shake up, make a trade, or make adjustments. - That's not an assumption, that's a FACT!
KaySlay, I'm going to let this go, you're getting worse and I don't think you're getting what I'm saying, but your heart may hopefully be in the right place!

LIONS: Damn, the Cowboys are eating our lunch now, or should I say our dinner!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Ballin

Post  KaySlay Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:33 pm

I agree. At a certain point we need to acknowledge what is and what is not working. Talent alone is not going to win us anything. Like our 04 Pistons, we need talent that fits. We need to be continuously looking to finding MATCHING pieces.

That being said this was a much needed win tonight. Hopefully the begining of that new chapter that we have been waiting to start.

Last edited by KaySlay on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

Post  KaySlay Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Calling us an improved team simply due to roster additions.

Failing to acknowledge our poor record despite these "additions".

Assuming we dont know enough about this Pistons team to seek a shake up, make a trade, or make adjustments.
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Sparma & Ballin

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Sparma wrote:Much needed win against Cleveland.  Good call, Oracle.  No LeBron?  We'll take it.

Not having TV, I've been switching back and forth on Sirius.  All tied at halftime.  I'd thought the Dallas O-line would secure the win, but who knows at this point.
Sparma, it was a good guess based on the rumor that either LeBron or Irving would sit. We did what we were supposed to do to a team without LeBron, but we were a tad sloppy at times. I kind of overlook that because that's not usually the way we play!

Ballin, I'm with you, my biggest concern is coaching! SVG needs to up his game and I hope the game hasn't passed him by, as I believe you've said. Come on Stan, get your stuff together!

Lions: It's a new game... who can win the 2nd half! No matter what, I felt so damn good when they went ahead by 7, but now I'm greedy!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty On to Basketball

Post  BallinD Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Oracle, I agree with you that the roster is better, perhaps significantly so when we get that backup to KCP sorted out and somebody can come in and shoot the ball, Bullock, Gbinije, Hilliard?

Kayslay, I agree thgat the team has underperformed and has yet to find its Mojo with Reggie helming the team, but the season is young, and they can certainly gell, I think we can all agree on that. My concern is with Stan more than anything else.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Halfway to great night?

Post  Sparma Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:04 pm

Much needed win against Cleveland. Good call, Oracle. No LeBron? We'll take it.

Not having TV, I've been switching back and forth on Sirius. All tied at halftime. I'd thought the Dallas O-line would secure the win, but who knows at this point.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Zenner

Post  BallinD Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Who needs Defense??? Not Stafford!

I expect the game to tighten up though in the fourth
dance
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Stay on the topic...

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:52 pm

Seriously, I'm not critiquing your English or deflecting, it's your logic that's confusing, but if making that up helps you, go ahead!

If I said that they're better on paper, then what's your problem???

Talk about deflecting, you simply won't tell me what your complaint is and I've been asking over and over, why are you struggling to say where my hyperbole is, or even tell me what I said that isn't spot on... sheesh!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  KaySlay Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Resorting to critiquing my english vs acknowledging the argument at hand feels like deflection, but i digress.

We all acknowledged that on paper we SHOULD be a better team. But all we have recieved is poor individual performances and statistics as well as a loosing record. Improvements to the roster and an improved team are two very different things.
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:20 pm

BallinD wrote:Zach ZZZZZEnner! party

FORUM - Page 4 Lions210
Zack Who???

This guy deserves his own TV Show lol lol lol

Can either of these teams spell DEFENSE???
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Reading might help...

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:17 pm

KaySlay wrote:You never quantified the improvements you touted. I respond with the record and stats of our top 3 players indicating regression rather than inprovement. Add in the quotes from SVG, players meetings being called and numerous articles indicating underperformance. Still waiting for you to support our improvement with facts.

Hyperbole: "exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally."

The ONLY thing I said and cited was that the roster is too talented not to find itself, which of course means that the improvement is in the roster.

If you think that's hyperbole, then you'd be the only one on the planet that does, no experts or those less than expert think otherwise. It has NOTHING to do with records or stats, so why you keep going there is a bit of a mystery. Just because a Kangaroo doesn't jump, you know from what he is that he's capable.

So I'm still waiting for you to show me where I exaggerated or said something odd...................................
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Who Knew?

Post  BallinD Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Zach ZZZZZEnner! party

FORUM - Page 4 Lions210
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

Post  KaySlay Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:30 pm

You never quantified the improvements you touted. I respond with the record and stats of our top 3 players indicating regression rather than inprovement. Add in the quotes from SVG, players meetings being called and numerous articles indicating underperformance. Still waiting for you to support our improvement with facts.
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty KaySlay

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:42 pm

"I was hoping you could meet me halfway and acknowledge some of your hyperbole."

I'd be glad to, and I will always admit when I'm wrong about anything, fighting facts and truth isn't something I like to do.

So if you can show me the hyperbole, I'd be more than happy to admit anything I said that's unrealistic.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty LeBron out

Post  KaySlay Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:34 pm

With LeBron out the Pistons stand a chance to not only win, but start a new chapter in this so far pitiful season.

How can we get Elliott and Prescott to do the same for the cowgirls?
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

Post  KaySlay Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:29 pm

I was hoping you could meet me halfway and acknowledge some of your hyperbole. Ask the players about this so called improvement from last year. Ask SVG about our improvement from last year. I feel like you'd be on an island with the improvement talk.

But I can agree with you on one thing. The season is not over. Lol.

However like a game plan or a play that is not working I would hope our coach could make adjustments during the game to secure a win rather than forcing the issue and continuing with what is not working on any given night.

Although this season is not over we can and should make adjustments when required or we will miss the playoffs and will be guaranteed a losing record. Right?

Living out of state I will be watching the Lions game live and streaming my pistons on my tablet through League Pass. I believe we definitely have a chance but will need the running game to help Stafford out. If we can get that and have our defense make some plays then we stand a chance.

Go Lions. Go Pistons.

Last edited by KaySlay on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:45 pm

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY hope the Lions can beat the Cowboys, and depending on the score of the Pistons game, I may not have to keep flipping over to see action, but I seriously doubt they'll win, and here's why.

Dallas needs to keep winning for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is that they don't want to limp into the playoffs by losing to a team they believe is inferior.

A while back I thought they would rest people and take it easy, but all of that has changed, they need to win and they're at home.

It would an amazing win and a statement by Stafford and the Lions to win this one, and if Stafford is the QB you and he thinks he is, then he will win it!

We have a good enough defense, so it's on Stafford to match the Cowboys offense and pull this one out! He's certainly capable, so let's see how he responds.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty So...

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:38 pm

Every improvement is a homer comment if you don't like the record at some point in the season?

Where do you get this silly stuff from?

We improved once we got Reggie, but it didn't show up until the following year, you take a VERY short view of things.

Like coming to sweeping conclusions before the season is over... I'd like to have your crystal ball(on 2nd thought no I wouldn't).

Do you turn off the TV before halftime because we're trailing?

Come on, this isn't your first rodeo... is it?

"What is not up for debate is this team HAS NOT improved from last year" lol lol lol

News Flash: The only reason that's not up for debate is because the season isn't over... oh, what's the point!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next