Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
lemonpen
FlyDog
Go Stones!
Sebastian
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Oracle
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty In a battle between a Lion and a Crocodile...

Post  Oracle Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:02 pm

The winner is determined by the terrain!

In a battle between the Warriors and the Bad Boys, or Jordan's Bulls, or Bird's Celtics would be determined by the rules!

With today's rules, it would be competitive, but advantage GS!

With 80's rules, it's likely a sweep over these Warriors, who, IMO, would be ground into the dust.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Good story in the news relating to what it feels like to lose in the NBA Finals

Post  cool breeze Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Jerry West lost more than anyone and he said after the 3rd time, he no longer wanted to play it felt so bad. And Billups made a similar comment after the Pistons lost game 5 against the Spurs at the Palace. Remember what happened? I do and that is why I laugh when fans make statements involving Rasheed Wallace. I read at least three posts on this forum stating that it is a shame that Andre Drummond needs Rasheed Wallace to coach him. Of course he did coach Andre for one season and I was holding my breath thinking for sure that Andre would go down the wrong path. Remember when Rasheed played for the Pistons. One never knew which Rasheed would show up for the games including the playoff games. Would he throw a tantrum whenever a ref looked at him in the eye? Billups mentioned the play that still hurts to this day. Rasheed was assigned Robert Horry who had the reputation as a deadly 3 point shooter when all the marbles were on the line. So the Spurs get the basketball under their own basket. Rasheed starts arguing with a ref while Horry slips out beyond the 3 point line on the wing like a small child. And of course he loses track of the fact that the Pistons are up by 2 points with only a few seconds left in the game. Billups said that loss hurt him the most of any game he ever played because the Pistons had the game WON. But of course Rasheed was in another world. After all what did the TEAM mean to him. It had to always be about Rasheed and that is why he always got so many Ts which hurt his team. So Horry fails to even look to see where Horry is on the floor because he has a issue with the ref so bam the pass goes to Horry and he easily makes the 3. Game set and match and I just wonder to this day if Rasheed even knows how badly he screwed his teammates. There is no way in hell that Rasheed Wallace should ever be involved in coaching. The man is clueless. He could have been a great player but his mind in the end failed him and every Piston fan will always remember what he did that night.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Green Suspended...

Post  Oracle Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:26 pm

I hope they blow out the Cavs in historic fashion... this is such BS!

LeBron steps over him, knowing he's going to kick and disrespect him and he did hit back towards his southern region, so I'm not saying he's totally clean, but come on!

The Cavs got hot from deep during their eastern conference run, if they hadn't, the Pistons would have won 2 games easy, and if you can get 2, anything else can happen!

JR Smith and Love are blowing it from deep, and nobody else is doing well either.

In short, they're back to being the team nobody thought should be leading the conference... that's who they are!

Irving is sometimes good, and they're back to not knowing how to use Love and the role players are playing the role of scrubs again!

I'm not saying the Cavs are a bad team, but they simply don't matchup well with the Warriors, they would have been better matched up with OKC.

But give it to the Warriors, this is a GREAT team! Kerr has them playing defense like the best of them, and nobody, but nobody can match their offense.

Having said that, a properly built/more mature Piston team would cause them problems, but only if Drummond can play at a high level and hit his FT's, and of course we had a bench!

Kerr plays ALL of his players... that's a luxury SVG wished he had. I loved the way Carlisle would play 10-11 players deep, but you've got to be able to trust 10-11 players, and that's been our issue.

We're watching a historic team kick some major ass! 3 straight over OKC, then 2 straight over Cleveland before losing one and bouncing back... that's dominance over the league at a high level!

Color me impressed!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Pistons should not gamble on a long shot in this draft

Post  cool breeze Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:49 am

After reading some of the picks suggested by Chad Ford and other alleged experts, I hope SVG does not risk the first round pick on a guy who had trouble making the rotation on his college team. And I have issues relating to some of the power forward suggested picks that failed to show that they could defend in the college game. One comes to mind here relating to the zags big man mentioned as Detroit's potential pick. He played in a zone defense and seemed to get in foul trouble a lot. That reminds me of Austin Daye who had the same problems as a defender before Dumars drafted him. For sure, it will take a lot of luck for the Pistons to come out with a solid player considering where they pick and the lack of real quality in this draft class. I for sure would go with Valentine if given the opportunity. He is the high IQ player fans love to watch.

On another subject but important when considering who to draft this year, how about using a point forward as the ball distributor with the Pistons 2nd unit next season? In today's game, I do not see the need to have a true point guard especially in SVG's system. I know of one player currently under contract who could fit that bill and has previously performed well in high school playing point guard. His name is Stanley Johnson. I think Johnson's basketball IQ is really high. If he is given the opportunity to bring the ball up the court like Labron and others. I believe he will make great decisions. One of the problems relating to Johnson this past season is the lack of time he actually got to touch the basketball. To get his timing down right, handling the ball more will do just that. If the Pistons draft a small guy, they will always be a liability on the defensive end. Do any of your recall how Indiana exploited the Pistons defense when Augustine played point guard for the Pistons? I would draft a power forward that has shown he was a key player on his college team not a guy who had trouble making the rotation or was always in foul trouble. Sometimes those draft combines are very misleading.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Steve Kerr has his players executing as well on defense as the old Bulls teams he was on

Post  cool breeze Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:36 am

fantastic display of guts and high basketball IQ by all the Golden State players and especially Green. Incredible effort by both teams fighting their hearts out for every second of the game.

This makes me think of that stupid statement made by none other than Charlie V in the somber days of Piston history after Joe Dumars signed that man to a big contract. What did Charlie do on the day he signed that contract? He sure didn't practice much. But we all have to listen again to Charlie's statement when fans were sick and tired of the lackluster effort by almost every player on the team. The Pistons were losing. Highly paid Piston players decided to intentionally miss the shoot around in an away game I think against the Wizards wasn't it? Charlie loved to talk to the press. He said, our losing has nothing to do with our talent. Imagine Charlie playing in this game tonight. Could he fit in? The day Charlie signed his crazy contract with Joe, he must have decided that he was never going to get his body in shape again to play NBA style basketball. No Charlie your losing had nothing to do with your talent. Your mind prevented you from ever becoming a serious basketball player any basketball follower could ever respect. The players we saw tonight were in incredible physical condition and had spent thousands of hours after signed their big contracts trying to get better. Charlie never seemed to get that like a lot of lazy ass pro players from the past. Now we are in a new era where it is more difficult to hide in the cracks like Joe Dumars let Charlie do. Joe should have been ragging on Charlie from the beginning making his life hell. How could Dumars stand by and not lead during those days.

Charlie was but one of the duds we had to endure for many years before Stan Van Gundy arrived. Now we are watching players like Harris who makes big bucks but is a true professional giving max. effort all the time. And Reggie Jackson plays on emotion in the 4th quarter which is very exciting because we fans got used to players who had no emotion.

It seems that Golden State has the solution to defending James and Irving when they drive in the paint. The refs are now calling the games honestly unlike regular season games where both players always get a favorable call whenever they drive to the hoop. Even in the Eastern Conference playoff games, the refs always make bogus calls whenever a opposing player slapped the ball away or would dig to dislodge the basketball from James or Irving. maybe the players in the Eastern conference are not willing to make the extra effort to stay in front of those two players or to fight to knock the ball out of their hands just before they go up for the layup. Are the refs doing the Cavs a favor by calling regular season games so one sided to the point where other Eastern conference teams have to give up on trying to play proper defense because they will get a foul called against them regardless of the actual facts. Now that Eastern conference coaches have watched this series and the way Golden States approaches defending the painted area, will opposing teams finally decide to actually try to defend the paint themselves when they play Cleveland. And if that happens the Cavs stars will need to adjust and create more options for their offense which will make them more difficult to beat.

Hats off to those Golden State players. They are playing basketball the right way and the result is that a lot of kids watching them will grow up wanting to play like them. Those players clearly are showing that they are having fun.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Jennings; Tigers pick

Post  Sparma Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:05 pm

I read the story posted to the side about Jennings maybe being the best option at back up PG. I suspect his D and being below 100% physically will prevent that. The story mentions his chemistry with Drummond, but I watched that stretch when he was sizzling and wasn't especially impressed by his connection with Drummond.

Tigers picked Matt Manning at #9 in the first round (they don't have 2nd or 3rd round picks). Based on a 2 minute video I'll venture an amateur scouting report: his speed varied between 90-92, lower than the 94 mlive passed along he hits consistently (along with a high reported at 97 and even 99), but darned fast for a HSer who hasn't played that long. He's tall (6ft6), looks strong, and throws easily. I'd guess he should be able to add consistent speed with ease, with a good chance of being durable. Exciting prospect. The hitch is that he's committed to play college baseball and basketball (his dad was a 6ft11 pro), so we may not be able to sign him.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Jordan Crawford

Post  deusXango Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Jordan Crawford, Jordan Crawford, seems to be all I'm reading coming from the FA camp and I personally think that's ludicrous! A low I.Q., shot happy, ball hog is not worth the ink it takes to print about him; where's the genuine backup PG candidates? No Euros? No D-Leaguers? No rabbit-out-of-the-hat prospects? Jordan Crawford. I think we've got all we need of that (and better) in Hilliard, Bullock, and hopefully, a blossoming Johnson! We say we need an upgrade over Steve Blake (which shouldn't be too hard to do) but, we're treating this like Magic Johnson is being replaced at backup PG. Look for that diamond in the rough backup, who's young, talented, with a sound b-ball head on his shoulders. Don't waste FA time, or draft picks, reaching around the player we should be pursuing, and that's Denzel Valentine; FA for the backup PG and trade for that stretch "4"...#18 and 2nd rounder should position us for Valentine.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Lebron Didn't Come Back For This Crap

Post  WTF Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Okay so you're having Cavs - Pistons flash backs lol Sorry Pistons need more than just a player like Green, how a Curry and Thompson as well.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Dave Bing is right. Curry might be the best shooter of all time regardless of what he does in this current series

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:12 pm

I really like the article in the Detroit News quoting Dave Bing and some of the retired pros who disagree with Bing's opinion on Curry. What what Golden State has done this year is amazing. They play with so much pace and have this fearless look. The players do not have the look of bullies. They are sleek and fast. And Curry takes more than his share of cheap shots that hurt. How many times did Michael Jordan face defenders like Curry faced against the Spurs and the Thunder. Both teams tried everything and the defenders on Curry were extremely athletic and tall. That is the one thing that many fans and older players choose to ignore. They cite the old rules that allowed hand checking. But the players are bigger, stronger and much more athletic when you look at the 8 man rotations who play in the playoffs. Curry has amazing quickness, footwork, vision, and confidence one can only get by out working every other player out there. Curry is so damn fun to watch when he gets it going, how can anyone not love it except for the team he is playing against?

Dave Bing was an amazing player when he played for the Pistons too. Too bad he did not have the luck to have teammates like Curry has at Golden State. And what a perfect fit relating to Steve Kerr being Curry's coach. Steve makes the game fun for his players. And he is so smart much like Curry.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty If Golden State wins the NBA title again, it will be a good thing. So why are some Piston fans suddenly feeling bad that Cleveland is down 2 games?

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:48 pm

First off how can any Piston fan not want Cleveland to lose? In fact all Eastern Conference teams should be happy whenever Cleveland loses. I have been real disappointed with the way the officials called all of the Eastern Conference games involving Cleveland. Much like when Labron played for Miami, it seemed that this year was no different with all the non calls against Irving and James when they lowered their shoulders to bully their way to the basket. How many times did Irving push into the defender in the paint with his shoulder and then get the step back jump shot off for an easy shot? How many other NBA players can get away with that move? And James always got the call when he got a head of steam driving through defenders knocking them down and then making the layup and getting a friendly trip to the foul line for the 3 point play. Now Golden State is playing incredible defense slapping the basketball away after James pushes off. I have no doubt that the next two games will be called like the Eastern Conference games though so expect some devious corrupt behavior on the part of the NBA officials and the NBA front office. I love the way Golden State plays basketball. If only our Pistons had a guy like Green maybe our team could get a break from the corrupt officials.

Sorry for the rant but I had a flashback of the playoff game in Detroit years ago when Labron scored over 50 points in his previous Cleveland stint. He had that head down knocking down Piston defenders, taking 4 steps without a dribble to get his layups. Our players went down in defeat like the game was scripted as if we were watching the Harlem Globetrotters and and Washington Generals. Was that game fixed? From that point on I have always enjoyed anytime Labron James led teams lose even know i believe he might be one of the best players of all time. He is a great man outside of basketball and an extremely smart player but I cannot forget the bad memories I have relating to how the NBA officials treat him. He is not a God.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:39 pm

I've been wrong before and if I keep on living, I'll be wrong again but, I don't think I'm wrong now! Denzel Valentine is the player SVG and Bower should be considering in the first round not a 9 point 5.5 rebound gump or a 1st round backup PG. Valentine can play! He has size, length, smarts, court vision, extraordinary passing skills (for his hyped position), and that much ballyhooed perimeter shot for a high percentage...what the hell is wrong with a mature, well coached, 4 year college player anyway?

We're stuck with RJ because of his contract and unrealized potential but, why are we still coveting Dinwiddie, and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks? Hilliard, Bullock, and Johnson are keepers but, Blake, Meeks, and Dinwiddie need to go; we need to get off KCP's ass until the end of this upcoming season because that young man has shown steady improvement.

Why do some continue to dog Drummond for his lack of FT proficiency? He didn't just start missing FT's. For those with short memories I offer for your consideration what this team looked like and accomplished with Da' Moose & Maxiell in the paint (both adequate FT shooters); Drummond is an extraordinary talent who some want to be rid of after one year starting on a brand new team. A team that finally got to the playoffs?! Not only are we underappreciating Drummond but, Morris is no longer mentioned as a viable contributor going forward. His steady play, lack of anticipated distraction, needed attitude, and all-around production on both sides of the ball seems to be taken for granted. Has any of his distractors really looked at his contracts lack of impact on the CAP and the length of that contract? He started for us and his contract lessens the impact of Harris's contract, our other starting forward, which gives us a formidable pair at what is soon to be bargain basement prices. I didn't realize Dumars was missed so much.

The 2nd year of development of this team should be something special to see, especially with some minor upgrades to the bench and the growth of our core players; the situation is not as desperate as the media would lead us to believe. How hard can it be to vastly upgrade Blake and Tolliver? Who actually believes that Meeks will mean more to this team than Valentine?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Oracle wrote:Wise, I know it looks bleak for the Cavs, but IMO, this series is likely FAR from over.

Cleveland needs to go home and find themselves, much like GS had to do against the Thunder, but they do need to do it in game 3!

If they can do that and win both games, we have a series!

If not, well, MAJOR changes coming in Cleveland. I'd get rid of Love first, he's a really good player in the wrong system.

Second, I'd look at what I could get by moving Kyrie!

Poor LeBron can't have an average game or the whole team collapses! It's sick the way the other 2 of the big 3 always either get hurt or disappear for long stretches.

I'm not shocked that GS is up 2-0, I'm not even shocked by the margins of victory, but I am shocked that they are being more physical and pushing the Cavs around like they're a bunch of soft chumps!

An eastern conference team(from the central no less) being out muscled by a western conference jump shooting team... WTF!!!

Looking Bleak is an understatement I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. Not one single player stepped up!!!!! Okay maybe I have it once or twice reminded me of some of those Kuester, teams that seem to just run around blindly. I expected a little more out of this Cleveland team.

I agree Love is in the wrong system. Kyrie is like most PG's in the league fraudulently playing a position their not suited for.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Finals...

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:19 pm

Wise, I know it looks bleak for the Cavs, but IMO, this series is likely FAR from over.

Cleveland needs to go home and find themselves, much like GS had to do against the Thunder, but they do need to do it in game 3!

If they can do that and win both games, we have a series!

If not, well, MAJOR changes coming in Cleveland. I'd get rid of Love first, he's a really good player in the wrong system.

Second, I'd look at what I could get by moving Kyrie!

Poor LeBron can't have an average game or the whole team collapses! It's sick the way the other 2 of the big 3 always either get hurt or disappear for long stretches.

I'm not shocked that GS is up 2-0, I'm not even shocked by the margins of victory, but I am shocked that they are being more physical and pushing the Cavs around like they're a bunch of soft chumps!

An eastern conference team(from the central no less) being out muscled by a western conference jump shooting team... WTF!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty PG's, Ali and Drummond

Post  WTF Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:10 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again that today's version of a PG is terrible and laughable.   Too many of these PG's get far too much credit and are not worth a quarter.  

Lebron has a Kyrie Irving, Durant has a Westbrook and Hell we have a Jackson.  I can't wait for teams to realize that they need a Zeke, Stockton, Billups,  and Fisher in there back court oppose to dummies although talented but dumb nonetheless running their teams.  For all the praise that is passed onto these clowns none of it relates to being great facilitators and running an offense.   I can't wait until teams get back to having PG's that effectively run an offense hit the big shot when required and take control of a team.  Not saying that Curry is the model of what I'm talking about, but he sees the floor far better than Kyrie, defers to other players and consistently steps up and makes the big play.   This is why is still champion having Trey Burke on this team because I think he's a perfect fit and could thrive here as a floor general just like he did at UM.  

Oracle, takers for Andre might be limited but like with Moose I don't want to over pay him.  I would love to keep him but not sure if we need to start him and of the mind set that we need to out a more talented player ahead of him or behind him.   After watching some of these team explode right before our eyes currently the Cav's I can see a **** load of opportunities to better this team via trades.  

Ali, I'm not sure how much I liked him as a boxer though I don't deny his greatness. I certainly had a ton of respect for his social and political impact in this country and on the black communities.   I guess there were times I just wanted him to shut up and found myself rooting for Foreman and Frazier to close his mouth, but at the same time I could find myself rooting for him as well because of what he did outside the ring.  RIP Champ!  

Before this series started I was all in that Cleveland could do this in 5 games because I wasn't sold on GS.  I'm not sure if I'm still sold on GS but they've certainly proved me wrong.  I feel sorry for Lebron because his team mates are pussies and chokes and mistake number 1 was firing Blatts who I think would have made the correct adjustments needed to get at least 1 game thus far.   Had this 33 point whipping happened in game 1 that's something you can understand but in game 2 it's a damn shame. Looks Like its the Warriors in 5 games.

When is the draft?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Valentine & Drummond

Post  Oracle Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:31 pm

@Don - If Valentine is there when we draft, it'll be a miracle! I can't imagine him being there, but if he is, SVG would be the luckiest dude I've seen, with the way he steals promising players like Morris & Harris!

@Don, @WTF, @Seb - Indeed Drummond is a huge issue, pun intended! I'm against moving him, only for practical reasons, because in reality, I think we would be a lot better team if we could move him for a center with half his athletic ability(if he can't get to 60% FT shooting).

The fact that everybody here, and the rest of the world knows his weakness, there will likely be few suitors willing to have a key player that you can't play in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line! So the fact that you can talk about this so openly, basically destroy your ability to get anything you want.

There is little hope that he will get this under control. It's one thing to need to work on your shot, but quite another when you miss due to mentally failing to execute. Hell, he makes 60-70% in practice, his technique is decent, it's all in his noggin!

Then there's the near total failure to utilize his athletic gifts to intimidate the league defensively! They should need to stock up on toilet tissue whenever Drummond and the Pistons came to town as guys sh!t themselves approaching the paint! What good is freak athletic ability if you can't use it?

I always complain about that, but in fact I do believe this is something that will come in time, but every coach has allowed him to worry more about his offensive game than his defensive one!

Bottom Line: The Drummond situation is a complicated one, but also one that we're stuck with and not likely to change, so it's not worth complaining about too much, while at the same time, it's also a topic that can't be avoided!

I stop here before I contradict myself any more lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Best Article on Ali...

Post  Oracle Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:07 pm

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/06/former_heavyweight_champ_muhammad_ali_dies_the_gre.html wrote:The people.

With Muhammad Ali, it was always the people.

It didn't matter whether they were rich or poor, black or white, celebrity-famous, blue-collar weary or welfare poor. It didn't matter what language they spoke, what God they worshiped, what gender they were. Well, in this last group I'd have to say that the ladies had a little edge.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Muhammad Ali was beautiful, outspoken, defiant...

Post  Oracle Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Wow, the great ones are dropping like flies.

It's rare that someone declares themselves the greatest, and even rarer when it just happens to be true!

Great, not only in his sport of choice, boxing, but also in his impact on the world!

RIP great one, sorry, I should say the Greatest of all Times... Muhammad Ali!

FORUM - Page 4 Maxresdefault
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty While debate continues on the future of Andre Drummond and his work ethic the NBA draft is getting close and guess who is listed on NBAdraftnet as Detroit's first pick?

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:50 pm

D. V. from Michigan State seems to have fallen a bit and into the 18th spot. I sure would be happy if the Pistons had a chance to get him. I will never forget his performance in his State Championship game in high school. He might become a real NBA star much like Green is for Golden State. His game is better suited for the NBA and I would predict he would be taking a lot of minutes from KCP next season. He is a clutch player and a smart guy. This draft is extremely weak. If the Pistons could get DV WOW!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Dre Drum Going Forward?

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:58 am

WTF and Drew Sharpe have unvailed the elephant in the room.

I, too, have deep reservations about resigning Dre Drum.

Let's face it Pistons Pals, if Dre cannot improve his foul shooting to somehere above 50% then he becomes a useless player on OUR roster.

I wonder if a sign-and-trade involving Dre with OKC could get US Ibaka and Adams.

Hell, GM Stan should even consider a S&T of Adams and Kanter for Dre.

WTF wrote:
Drew Sharp wrote:If there’s any fiscally logical way the Pistons could trade Drummond and his future contract to Philadelphia for both Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel, Van Gundy and Gores should approve it in a second.

Funny I was think this very same thing a couple of days ago after reading Philly was looking to move both Noels and Okafor.  I said this a few times during the season that as much as I hated Moose that Andre was working my nerves enough to think that maybe we've been better off keeping Moose.

Same issue I had with keeping Moose is the same one I'm having with Andre and that is over paying him and being stuck with his questionable services long term. I know this might sound crazy to some but IMO or my feeling swapping Jennings and Monroe in place of Andre and Jackson might have gave a us 2 wins against the Cavs and maybe a better seeding 4th or 5th that we wouldn't have faced the Cavs to begin with.

Don't get me wrong I like Andre but he's not a cornerstone franchise building player.  We seriously need to either put a better player ahead of him or behind him if we keep him.  But Sharp is correct as far as how SVG what approach SVG and Gores should go with the roster.  

If we could move Andre for Noel and Okafor he should,  then he should find a way to nab Trey Burke out of Utah to back up Jackson or bring Jennings back, and draft a shooter this summer,  

Out of the starters Andre, Jackson and KCP would be moved first. I would hesitate moving Harris or Morris and especially Harris because he has the most potential of any player on our roster.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Drew Sharp

Post  WTF Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:20 am

Drew Sharp wrote:If there’s any fiscally logical way the Pistons could trade Drummond and his future contract to Philadelphia for both Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel, Van Gundy and Gores should approve it in a second.

Funny I was think this very same thing a couple of days ago after reading Philly was looking to move both Noels and Okafor. I said this a few times during the season that as much as I hated Moose that Andre was working my nerves enough to think that maybe we've been better off keeping Moose.

Same issue I had with keeping Moose is the same one I'm having with Andre and that is over paying him and being stuck with his questionable services long term. I know this might sound crazy to some but IMO or my feeling swapping Jennings and Monroe in place of Andre and Jackson might have gave a us 2 wins against the Cavs and maybe a better seeding 4th or 5th that we wouldn't have faced the Cavs to begin with.

Don't get me wrong I like Andre but he's not a cornerstone franchise building player. We seriously need to either put a better player ahead of him or behind him if we keep him. But Sharp is correct as far as how SVG what approach SVG and Gores should go with the roster.

If we could move Andre for Noel and Okafor he should, then he should find a way to nab Trey Burke out of Utah to back up Jackson or bring Jennings back, and draft a shooter this summer,

Out of the starters Andre, Jackson and KCP would be moved first. I would hesitate moving Harris or Morris and especially Harris because he has the most potential of any player on our roster.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Stop Acting Like A School Girl

Post  WTF Tue May 31, 2016 8:19 pm

The reason I don't care for Jackson is the dumb tweet. Jackson shouldn't have any comments, emojies or anything else in reference to OKC. Reggie you were swept in the first round and OKC went to the WCF so STFU!!!.

Can anyone imagine this **** from Zeke or CB? I don't think so
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue May 31, 2016 1:35 pm

[quote="WTF"]Just getting back home from vacation 7 days on a cruise in a couple of days in South Beach.  I can see why Lebron and any young player would take their talent to South Beach, I enjoyed the beach more than the cruise. There was plenty of eye candy but there were some whale chicks that were wrong as hell with there beach attire. Sucks I had to work today!!!!!

Wondering what our players are doing right now to improve their respective games hoping like hell Andre is working on his FT shooting and defense.   I don't think I'll ever be sold on Reggie being the PG that takes this team up a level, IMO we need a serious up grade at the PG to be able to contend.  

I think we need to come up out of the wishing well in thinking some of the young talent we have will eventually improve.  IMO SVG needs to pull of a trade that will push into contending not  2 or 3 season from now but next season.  Our bench needs to get better quickly and I'm not against upgrading both guard position (I'll take Talent and Experience over Youth and Potential) at both guard positions because this IMO is our biggest problems.

I am already missing this series between OKC and Golden State. I remember Bill Russell being interviewed before game 7 of the Finals when asked who would win the championship. Bill said Boston would win because they have done it before. And sure enough the Celtics beat the Lakers again and Russell retired as a player. What a way to go out. Predict the win and do it. Maybe that is why the Thunder cracked in the 3rd quarter. It sure looked like they had the right formula with all of those 2nd and 3rd opportunities earlier in the game. Adams looked unstoppable the entire series. But the Warriors had done it before and out of nowhere Curry started making incredible shots suckering Adams time after time with amazing foot work and broke Thunder player's hearts with each 3 pointer. Great series and amazing comeback by Steve Kerr's players. I agree that Cleveland appears to have the advantage but it would be so sweet of the thugs from Cleveland are denied again.

What are the Detroit sports reporters doing lately to update us Piston fans on our players work habits over the summer months? They are doing nothing. I am expecting much bigger things from Stanley Johnson next year even though he is so young. This guy hates losing so you can bet he has somebody pushing him. Instruction, imitation, correction and repetition is the rule Stanley has lived by since he has been a young boy getting those 4 words drilled into his head day after day. Of course that came from John Wooden. Anyway I don't worry about Johnson sipping alcohol on a big boat all summer like Darko did.

But what is going on in Andre Drummond's mind? Does he even want to be an enforcer type defender in the Paint? I have no idea but I think he is a good guy who has had very little direction or discipline as a young teenager like Johnson has had.

And is Harris going to become an All Star player and perhaps the biggest steal of Stan Van Gundy's career? I think he might be that guy.

KCP is in my opinion a fringe player so far but this is his biggest season coming up so one would think he is working his butt off on his mid range game.

The Pistons are much better and more fun to watch since Van Gundy rid the team of the weak minded slow footed players who just showed up to get a pay check. We have hungry athletic players who are young and have potential. And some will have to go to get the right blend needed to win in the playoffs. We have smart leadership in management and hope that next year's team will be better. However, I can also easily agree that this team might take a step backward and miss the playoffs. Washington is a better team that our Pistons could not bet if Wall was in the lineup. The Pistons were not superior to any of the other playoff teams this past season. These young players need to come back stronger and better skilled on both offense and defense or they will get their asses kicked. But two years from now the Pistons will be hard to beat.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty SMH

Post  WTF Tue May 31, 2016 12:01 pm

I'm picking Cleveland in 6 games, but I can almost see the Cavs sweeping the Finals. All I can say is that payback is a Bitch!!!!!

Now on to the Knuckle Heads that had a 3-1 advantage and gifted the Warriors a trip back to the Finals. Westbrook sucks, and KD is mentally weak. I mean here are 2 players that are extremely talented been and together forever yet can't deliver a Championship because their both mentally retarded

Kevin has no killer instinct while Russell is brain dead. OKC needs to trade Russell and Kevin needs to bolt reality OKC needs to hit the reset button on this team. I don't see Kevin growing a pair after 9 seasons and I don't see Russell figuring it out and channeling his inter Billups and learning how to become a real PG.

Kevin, Dwight, Carmelo, Harden, Russell, and Paul. Damn shame these clowns have yet to win a Championship season. I think CP3, Kevin, Carmelo and Howard need to find a way to play together. Kevin needs to get away from Russell and Dwight need get away from Harden.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Post  WTF Mon May 30, 2016 11:37 am

Just getting back home from vacation 7 days on a cruise in a couple of days in South Beach. I can see why Lebron and any young player would take their talent to South Beach, I enjoyed the beach more than the cruise. There was plenty of eye candy but there were some whale chicks that were wrong as hell with there beach attire. Sucks I had to work today!!!!!

Wondering what our players are doing right now to improve their respective games hoping like hell Andre is working on his FT shooting and defense. I don't think I'll ever be sold on Reggie being the PG that takes this team up a level, IMO we need a serious up grade at the PG to be able to contend.

I think we need to come up out of the wishing well in thinking some of the young talent we have will eventually improve. IMO SVG needs to pull of a trade that will push into contending not 2 or 3 season from now but next season. Our bench needs to get better quickly and I'm not against upgrading both guard position (I'll take Talent and Experience over Youth and Potential) at both guard positions because this IMO is our biggest problems.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Golden State and OKC series is one of the best of all time and beautiful to watch as a fan

Post  cool breeze Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm

First off the ESPN announcing team has not been involved in this series. How Jeff Van Gundy and the entire crew keep their jobs is incredible. Why not add Dick Vitalle to argue about the what is a foul with them? Seriously I had to turn off the sound in every game they announced. My wife would walk by and say " I am tired of those idiots arguing. Please turn on some music and watch the game".

The Eastern conference games involving the Cavs were very predictible with James and Irving lowering their shoulders while driving to the basket and either knocking the defender back on their heals to get space and make a layup or getting a favorable call from the refs who always refuse to call a charge for the selected Gods. How many times did Labron hold his man on defense or throw an opposing player to the floor while trying to get through a screen? Meanwhile, the announcers would argue about some infraction that wasn't called against Toronto or any other opponent Cleveland faced in the playoffs. Same as last season and this makes it very dull to watch Eastern conference playoff games.

On the other hand, the tempo played by both the Thunder and Warriors makes it so exciting for any fan to watch. And the announcers don't ruin the game. They actually add some spice and I will miss them in the finals. Chris Webber is getting better and better. Great job!

Labron James might be one of the best players of all time. He is extremely smart and has been a great leader. But since his first season in the league, Labron has been a favorite of the NBA front office executives. In every playoff game James has been involved in, fans question the lack of foul calls he collects while playing such a physical style. And when he charges full throttle to the basket, he seems to always avoid the charge call even though he lowers his shoulder to initiate contact. Now Irving is doing it as well. Both often use their off arm to push the defender on those wild drives. Ah well the fans want a show. I just hope either the Thunder or the Warriors take down Cleveland in the finals but that isn't likely unless the injury bug comes into play.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next