Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sebastian
Sparma
cool breeze
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
Fennis Dembo
Phil-Good
FlyDog
lemonpen
WTF
14 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Yikes...

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:12 pm

I wasn't expecting that!

What was the difference? 34 points from Meeks(18) and Toliver(16) turned the offensive tide our way, but holding them to 78 points in their house is amazing!

Stephenson had an awful game with 5 TO's to go with ZERO points... my how the mighty have fallen, likely a system mismatch!

Well Datome finally got that Police yellow tape removed from his ass and showed up shockingly not taking a single 3, but shot 66% from 2 and grabbed 3 boards.

This was a HUGE win, especially as Sparma said, on the defensive end, I just hope they can keep it up! The Charlotte curse has been broken!!!

Another big game from Monroe, and if he can keep this up, Gores & SVG will give him a great offer to see if he bites, but the market will be the final judge on Monroe!

A loss would really hurt, because we have Boston breathing down our necks in the playoff race. We just need to win as much as possible!

BTW, the word is out on Augustin: "One wrinkle that did work for the Hornets was having small forward Jeff Taylor guard Augustin to start the second half." - Some article

If teams put a much bigger player on Augustin, he doesn't handle it well without the speed of Jennings! If we make the playoffs, this will be a problem!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Got to the game in the 4th quarter

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:50 pm

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:Jazz trade Trey Burke and Ian Clark to Detroit Pistons for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Spencer Dinwiddie
WTF is a drug addict doing writing sports articles in today's depressed job market? For Pistons fans living in the horrible past, established by Joe Dumars, that undoubtedly makes sense, but to trade away our possible future starting backcourt is madness. This is KCP's 2nd year (just like Burke's), but he's showing marketed improvement, as a SG, while Burke has been sucking as a PG....there wasn't a bigger Burke supporter than I, but that ship has sailed!

Who and what is an Ian Clark? I know who Spencer Dinwiddie is and that's our rookie hopeful who's rehabbing a severe knee injury; I'm for giving this young man a fair chance here in Detroit, rather than watch him go elsewhere and blow up. I want to see what he looks like by the end of next year and not pass judgement on him at the All-Star break this year.

As far as I'm concerned, that article was total trash and the reason being, none of the proposals addressed our deficiencies at SF!!! We've lost our starting PG and the production from that spot has gone up, yet and still we're talking about PG's, but anyone with eyes can see we're hurting and have been, at SF, but there's been no sense of urgency to address that albatross around the teams neck. Why? Can we really consider ourselves to have a competitive team with a starting SF that produces at the level ours does? What team in the playoff picture has a SF comparable to ours? Damn!!!

For real DX,  Okay I can see making a case about KCP, but Dinwiddie?  This is a bad case of over-stating when there's not enough information.  I'm not knocking Dinwiddie but where's that evidence to make that conclusion.
For real Wise. Aside from being a 6 foot 5 PG and IMHO has the potential to be better than MCW (last years ROY) I don't think I over-stated anything about Dinwiddie, until possibly now. My comment started with, "who and what is an Ian Clark," which has gone unanswered; to trade our rehabbing rookie (who hasn't been on the roster for a complete season) for an unknown justifies reluctance, because of the recent miscalculation over Khris Middleton's worth, and the past dumb moves with players we didn't give a chance, i.e. Johnson, Knight, and Afflalo, players who we could clearly use to our benefit now! These are the reasons I've concluded that Dinwiddie should get a chance in Detroit, particularly since we drafted him, like all those I mentioned.
@Wise - A lot of the time it's not what you say, but how you say it that makes people disagree with you, and your sometimes inability to admit mistakes. However, I do agree that it's too early to call Dinwiddie the *future anything, but I also don't see a problem with hoping that he can fulfill that role and giving him the FULL opportunity to take that next step!-Oracle
Oracle, I appeal to your sense of fairness...*future anything is "our possible future," off my keyboard and I didn't mean it in any definitive way. I've been campaigning for D'Angelo Russell, which takes precedent over all of our PG's, if we get lucky enough to get him. Thanks for supporting my feelings that Dinwiddie deserves a full opportunity to make it here.

Anyway, I'm happy to see Datome get some PT tonight; he didn't look like he was having trouble getting his shot off (I've read somewhere that was the reason SVG didn't give him any time), nor did he look like a defensive liability! Again, I didn't see him hurt the team with the scrap minutes he was given tonight. My case is made (he's been treated unfairly in order to shove Singler down our throats), but I know this'll all be forgotten in a couple of weeks and fans will be back to dogging the "Euro." This man is not Darko; Darko was a kid!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Charlotte

Post  Sparma Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:23 pm

What a turnaround from Minnesota!

Even Gigi got into the act: scored, rebounded, assisted (nicely)!

Great defense!! Lance trying his hand at PG with 5 TOs didn't help Charlottle's cause.

I didn't see Drummond play devastating D, but Jefferson had an ordinary game, even with a double double (with nearly identical stats to Andre). I'd been hoping that Monroe would step up and he did.

Tough team defense! Not sure what all went in it, but it worked!! Kudos to SVG and to the team as a whole. One of the most impressive wins of the season (although Charlotte was missing some key players, like Kemba). Their quickest way to improvement is probably playing tough team D, something they haven't consistently done for years.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:20 pm

@Sparma - Yes, it's a big challenge! Right now the score is 8-2 and the Pistons appear tight, but they'll loosen up! IMO, Drummond will do better this season, but this is still not a good matchup for him!

@Wise - A lot of the time it's not what you say, but how you say it that makes people disagree with you, and your sometimes inability to admit mistakes. However, I do agree that it's too early to call Dinwiddie the future anything, but I also don't see a problem with hoping that he can fulfill that role and giving him the FULL opportunity to take that next step!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Big Challenge

Post  Sparma Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:21 pm

for Drummond tonight in the form of the strong and skilled Al Jefferson.

I like some of the comments by Drummond made at mlive about the need to mix things up on D. Jefferson's been a mismatch for AD in the past and I'm glad that he's sounding determined to face this tough defensive challenge effectively (as opposed to trying to compensate for defensive failure by rebounding and through offensive production, as happened against Pekovic). If Jefferson's on, AD will either need to engage in a strategic and sustained body to body battle (not his forte) or get destroyed (again).

Interesting viewing.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty It's Just An Article Tossing **** In the Wind

Post  WTF Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:10 pm

DX wrote:For real Wise. Aside from being a 6 foot 5 PG and IMHO has the potential to be better than MCW (last years ROY) I don't think I over-stated anything about Dinwiddie, until possibly now. My comment started with, "who and what is an Ian Clark," which has gone unanswered; to trade our rehabbing rookie (who hasn't been on the roster for a complete season) for an unknown justifies reluctance, because of the recent miscalculation over Khris Middleton's worth, and the past dumb moves with players we didn't give a chance, i.e. Johnson, Knight, and Afflalo, players who we could clearly use to our benefit now! These are the reasons I've concluded that Dinwiddie should get a chance in Detroit, particularly since we drafted him, like all those I mentioned.

I guess this is where I different with many of you with my thinking on players we draft or acquire through other means. There's a harsh reality that some players don't get the chance they deserve and it happens all the time not just with this team but with all the teams across the league. I think we have both benefitted and loss because of this reality sure we have perhaps made some wrong choices with players (AA, Middleton and perhaps Knight) are players that come to mind of recent mistakes in jumping the gun. But we also benefitted with players like Chauncey, and Ben being given up on or not as valued by other teams.

Some time players are simply picked because a team just happen to have a pick and not much rhyme or reason is truly placed in the picking of a player, some time it just a pick. It's one thing to build up a drafted player that has a ton of college credential and accomplishments and then argue opportunity and chance but keeping it in its proper perspective Dinwiddie was injured and I don't recall tons of success at the college level. None of this is to knock Dinwiddie and who knows if he's a diamond in the rough, but he also can be a potential bust.

DX you didn't just plea a case to give him a chance you also tagged him backcourt of the future. IMO that's way too premature, I think some of you have that same fear of dealing players that Joe had and being too worried we might be giving up the next great thing. If it happens it happens because it happen with every team at some point.

Ian Clark is just like Dinwiddie a rookie deserving of a chance somewhere anywhere but perhaps not with the team that drafted them. I can see you making the argument of not trading KCP because he is a lottery pick, I can even see making that argument concerning Knight this argument doesn't apply to Dinwiddie IMO.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Hornets Acquire Guards Mo Williams, Troy Daniels from Minnesota

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Now's the time...

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:52 pm

...to revisit the "Boogie" for "Moose" trade scenario; the only owner dumber than Gores in the NBA is in Sacramento...we should take advantage of it.
With the pending hire of George Karl, Cousins wants out of Sacramento in the worst way and with this I see what the major problem with Cousins is, he needs leadership stability that he can depend on, much like Rodman. If Van Gundy could get his hands on the Boogie Man, he'd truly have the piece to build his team around. I know the salaries don't match, but let SVG and Bower put those big brains to work and get it done.

If somehow the deal was done for Monroe>Cousins, I'd have no problem doing whatever was necessary to move into the top 3 picks this year; I'd love to see Russell come to the "D" to lead the team and getting into the top 3 would make that dream come true. D'Angelo Russell is a coming, unique talent, that we've not seen on the pro level in quite some time. Unique and special.

I see Cousins having conniptions out west so I took the moment to revisit one of our greatest incomplete trades of all time.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty The article was hilarious!

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:38 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:Jazz trade Trey Burke and Ian Clark to Detroit Pistons for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Spencer Dinwiddie
WTF is a drug addict doing writing sports articles in today's depressed job market? For Pistons fans living in the horrible past, established by Joe Dumars, that undoubtedly makes sense, but to trade away our possible future starting backcourt is madness. This is KCP's 2nd year (just like Burke's), but he's showing marketed improvement, as a SG, while Burke has been sucking as a PG....there wasn't a bigger Burke supporter than I, but that ship has sailed!

Who and what is an Ian Clark? I know who Spencer Dinwiddie is and that's our rookie hopeful who's rehabbing a severe knee injury; I'm for giving this young man a fair chance here in Detroit, rather than watch him go elsewhere and blow up. I want to see what he looks like by the end of next year and not pass judgement on him at the All-Star break this year.

As far as I'm concerned, that article was total trash and the reason being, none of the proposals addressed our deficiencies at SF!!! We've lost our starting PG and the production from that spot has gone up, yet and still we're talking about PG's, but anyone with eyes can see we're hurting and have been, at SF, but there's been no sense of urgency to address that albatross around the teams neck. Why? Can we really consider ourselves to have a competitive team with a starting SF that produces at the level ours does? What team in the playoff picture has a SF comparable to ours? Damn!!!

For real DX,  Okay I can see making a case about KCP, but Dinwiddie?  This is a bad case of over-stating when there's not enough information.  I'm not knocking Dinwiddie but where's that evidence to make that conclusion.
For real Wise. Aside from being a 6 foot 5 PG and IMHO has the potential to be better than MCW (last years ROY) I don't think I over-stated anything about Dinwiddie, until possibly now. My comment started with, "who and what is an Ian Clark," which has gone unanswered; to trade our rehabbing rookie (who hasn't been on the roster for a complete season) for an unknown justifies reluctance, because of the recent miscalculation over Khris Middleton's worth, and the past dumb moves with players we didn't give a chance, i.e. Johnson, Knight, and Afflalo, players who we could clearly use to our benefit now! These are the reasons I've concluded that Dinwiddie should get a chance in Detroit, particularly since we drafted him, like all those I mentioned.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty I Thought The Aricle Was Funny

Post  WTF Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:14 am

For real DX, Okay I can see making a case about KCP, but Dinwiddie? This is a bad case of over-stating when there's not enough information. I'm not knocking Dinwiddie but where's that evidence to make that conclusion.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Of the 5 Pistons trade proposals, this is the one that had me in the floor.

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Jazz trade Trey Burke and Ian Clark to Detroit Pistons for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Spencer Dinwiddie

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Interesting so I'll have a little fun with it.  

@Oracle, would you mind a  starting backcourt duo that consisted of Trey Burke and Carter-Williams going forward if the cost was Dinwiddie and KCP and a future draft pick.   Lets say we can do this by offering up the those 2 players along with a future draft pick and Tolliver perhaps would you do it.  Now I can't say I've been totally happy with Burke's progress though he has spurts were he looks brilliant, and I guess the same with MCW I still think both are going to be potential all stars.  

Wise, this is a very bad idea!

First, both of these guys are true PG's, with MCW obviously being by far the better, so who plays PG? Well, it would have to be Burke because he can't play SG, but then you've got your best PG not playing PG... I don't like it!

It would have worked perfectly with Knight because Knight can play a small SG on offense and go back to PG on defense, Burke is still small to defend PG's in this league.

Burke is like Cleaves in a way. Not as good a college player as Cleaves, but doesn't translate to the NBA well, and that's why I never thought we should draft him! Burke may turn it around, and I hope he does, but he's done nothing with a huge opportunity in Utah. It should really be his team, they gave him everything, but he's still young, so there's hope!

I would caution moving KCP, he's ONLY in his 2nd year, i.e. 1 year in the effing league, and he's showing signs of being good. It's like with Knight, hasty decisions on players that young is dumb, Knight is now playing at an All Star level and leading a team to the playoffs, something the doubters never could even conceive!

I'm not sure if it's Burke size, it seems to be more mental with him he should be shooting a better % than he currently shoots especially from deep. My thinking is that maybe Utah wasn't the best place for him. You might be right they're both true PG's but Burke can play off the ball if he ever can correct his shooting %.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty I Haven't Mention Josh In Days LMAO!

Post  WTF Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:27 pm

merc wrote:Wise, I agree that Singler is horse glue... now can you please ditch the Josh Av?... thanks

This is a fragile team... one injury... one guy having a bad shooting night... Moose doing his typical great or **** night and we're upside down.

They need to bring in a consistent SF... someone that still has a hand full of years left but not green and scared.... gotta admit I really like Tobias Harris upside.

Leave KCP right where he is... he's gonna get better each year... but someone needs to sit him down and explain that every time you touch the ball does't mean you have to shoot

IMO, Moose's cap shoul be 12 Mil with the new bargaining agreement (otherwise only 10M)... he's just not that special... too many holes.... only ok at converting inside... yet he should get better... especially from mid range..... if he leaves I'll be 100% ok with it.

This is still my favorite site... nothing bad to say about my old Det News homies

No Moose isn't special and somewhere between 10M and 12Mi is about right, but I think he's replaceable with just about any other starting PF in the league since many of them whips on his ass consistently.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Interesting so I'll have a little fun with it.  

@Oracle, would you mind a  starting backcourt duo that consisted of Trey Burke and Carter-Williams going forward if the cost was Dinwiddie and KCP and a future draft pick.   Lets say we can do this by offering up the those 2 players along with a future draft pick and Tolliver perhaps would you do it.  Now I can't say I've been totally happy with Burke's progress though he has spurts were he looks brilliant, and I guess the same with MCW I still think both are going to be potential all stars.  

Wise, this is a very bad idea!

First, both of these guys are true PG's, with MCW obviously being by far the better, so who plays PG? Well, it would have to be Burke because he can't play SG, but then you've got your best PG not playing PG... I don't like it!

It would have worked perfectly with Knight because Knight can play a small SG on offense and go back to PG on defense, Burke is still small to defend PG's in this league.

Burke is like Cleaves in a way. Not as good a college player as Cleaves, but doesn't translate to the NBA well, and that's why I never thought we should draft him! Burke may turn it around, and I hope he does, but he's done nothing with a huge opportunity in Utah. It should really be his team, they gave him everything, but he's still young, so there's hope!

I would caution moving KCP, he's ONLY in his 2nd year, i.e. 1 year in the effing league, and he's showing signs of being good. It's like with Knight, hasty decisions on players that young is dumb, Knight is now playing at an All Star level and leading a team to the playoffs, something the doubters never could even conceive!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Wise, I agree that Singler is horse glue... now can you please ditch the Josh Av?... thanks

This is a fragile team... one injury... one guy having a bad shooting night... Moose doing his typical great or **** night and we're upside down.

They need to bring in a consistent SF... someone that still has a hand full of years left but not green and scared.... gotta admit I really like Tobias Harris upside.

Leave KCP right where he is... he's gonna get better each year... but someone needs to sit him down and explain that every time you touch the ball does't mean you have to shoot

IMO, Moose's cap shoul be 12 Mil with the new bargaining agreement (otherwise only 10M)... he's just not that special... too many holes.... only ok at converting inside... yet he should get better... especially from mid range..... if he leaves I'll be 100% ok with it.

This is still my favorite site... nothing bad to say about my old Det News homies
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Seb

Post  Oracle Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Seb wrote:Does GM Stan have the motivation or interest in finding a trade involving Moose, before the trade deadline?

Yes, I am aware that 1) Moose has to approve the trade; 2) Moose cannot be traded with additional players (current teammates) - that he has to be the single player traded from the Pistons, if traded; 3) a team has to have a need for his services and willing to convince him to return with the lost of his 5th-year, Bird Rights, if he approves a trade.

The thing that has to be watched, closely, is if WE lose Moose for nothing and are unable to replace him with a better player and unable to acquire a player with 65% of Josh's salary then GM Stan will have made a grand error. - The Moose issue is complicated, but the GREAT thing SVG has done here is to make Moose comfortable with SVG after losing his mentor Joe, so Moose will most likely either sign back here or WILL agree to a sign and trade to ensure the Pistons aren't left hanging!

Remember GM Stan is paying F@ckin' Jodie Meeks $6 million for two more seasons, Caron Butler $4,500,000, this season and next season, and D.J. Augustin $3 million this season and next. In my opinion, D.J. has been GM Stan's single, smart move as President of Detroit Pistons Basketball.- The Meeks experiment is a failure at 6M, he's a 3M player if I ever saw one! Butler was a serious case of a player having pictures or SVG collapsing under a severe senior moment! Augustin was a STEAL, and would be worth at least the MLE!

And, another thing: I personally have never liked Head Coach Stan's "Four Out and One In" philosophy. Do not like the under 6' starting PG, the under 6' back-up PG, and under 6' back-up to the back-up PG. Absolutely hate the insane number of 3's that WE are shooting. WE need at least two guys a SG and SF, who can break a defense down and find their own shot. If WE are ever thinking of making it to the playoffs, WE better damn well have at least two guys who can break a defense down.- Wise has been vocal on the 3 point shooting, and I agree with you both! I want us to shoot the 3, but it can't be 3's or nothing unless you have the great shooters SVG had in Orlando. The constant picking up of small guards has become an ugly pattern! IMO, SVG needs short guards to keep them closer to his eye level... I guess it beats talking to everybody's Johnson!

The jury is still out on GM Stan. He may never become a Pimp GM. FORUM - Page 36 2881756614

But, you are right Wise, Kevin Love would be a perfect compliment to Dre Drum and I could see Dre becoming a better player on both ends playing with Kevin Love.- I'd take Love, but I have no illusions that adding someone even worse on defense than Monroe is going to help Dre get better defensively. Great defenders raise each others level(see Wallace & Wallace).

Seb, I don't agree that we need 2 guys that can break down defenses to make the playoffs, but I do agree that we're going nowhere in the playoffs without two guys like that.

That's what Jennings was doing for us, and while I LOVE what Augustin is doing for us, he isn't even close to the threat Jennings posed with that pick & roll with Drummond! That combo had the league confounded and was almost unstoppable, and when we lost that, our playoff hopes became dimmer!

But it's clear, 1 guy that can do that is great, but to win at a higher level, you need at least 2, and preferably a 3rd that can at least scare somebody enough to divert a defense.

That's what Cleveland has, 2 bonafide guys that can get their shot on anybody, and one other that can get his shot a lot of the time! Once the chemistry is right, they're going to be a threat at the highest level!

Bottom line: Great Post Seb!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Five Pistons trade proposals Fansided: Life On Dumars

Post  WTF Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Interesting so I'll have a little fun with it.

@Oracle, would you mind a starting backcourt duo that consisted of Trey Burke and Carter-Williams going forward if the cost was Dinwiddie and KCP and a future draft pick. Lets say we can do this by offering up the those 2 players along with a future draft pick and Tolliver perhaps would you do it. Now I can't say I've been totally happy with Burke's progress though he has spurts were he looks brilliant, and I guess the same with MCW I still think both are going to be potential all stars.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty GM Stan ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:24 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Let me start with Jerry Rice, I loved this dude as a NFL WR but as a talking head he's full of himself he's worse than Cris Carter. He admits to using Stickum illegally throughout his entire career but draws the thin at deflated balls and think an * needs to be placed next to the Patriots Super Bowl.  PLEASE STFU Jerry.   This goes for Aikman as well, and Dilfer and so on. Brady Haters

Next up Dolan,  Man don't stoop so low be the bigger adult but I feel no sympathy for the fans that sent the email.  Calling Dolan stupid wasn't cool and I'm sure Dolan response could have been a lot worse.   Dolan why does a fan have your direct email and why didn't your secretary catch and flag it before you got it.  ESPN this crap isn't news worthy IMO fan involvement in sports have gone way overboard in this new age of communication and media needs to stop feeding on it.  In a way I wish Dolan would have said far worse and NBA should mind its business on this matter unless the NBA mandates owners taking emails from fans and if so may I please get Gores email address?

My Cousin, man hate Cousins all you want but I wish anyone of our big men had the moxie he has.  Yeah he ranted on about God's Plan over and over but at least the guy shows signs of life and even better his stats are off the chain.  Wish Joe would have pulled that trigger on swapping Cousins for Moose sad ass.  At least Cousins hasn't pissed himself to date.

Thumbs down Lebron thumbs down  Man that tweet wasn't necessary that was a private matter between you and Love.  Its almost certain that Love walks next season and maybe that's what you want to happen.  Maybe a sing and trade can be facilitated that sends us Love and you can have Moose Monroe I'm sure he would mind hiding under you and Kyrie skirt tail.  Love would be the perfect compliment IMO to Andre and I would have no issue with Love being the focal point of the offense here like he was in Minny.  

Kyle Singler, I agree why is a role player and an ineffective one at that speaking on wins or losses when their contribution sucks in general.  Let Andre explain why he gets his ass kick night in and night out by players he should be out performing.  Andre speak up you went all summer long yakking about be the leader of this team and how it was your time to lead.  Well Leaders are the one fielding all the questions I guess you and Moose were somewhere pissing your pants while hiding.  

Does GM Stan have the motivation or interest in finding a trade involving Moose, before the trade deadline?

Yes, I am aware that 1) Moose has to approve the trade; 2) Moose cannot be traded with additional players (current teammates) - that he has to be the single player traded from the Pistons, if traded; 3) a team has to have a need for his services and willing to convince him to return with the lost of his 5th-year, Bird Rights, if he approves a trade.

The thing that has to be watched, closely, is if WE lose Moose for nothing and are unable to replace him with a better player and unable to acquire a player with 65% of Josh's salary then GM Stan will have made a grand error.

Remember GM Stan is paying F@ckin' Jodie Meeks $6 million for two more seasons, Caron Butler $4,500,000, this season and next season, and D.J. Augustin $3 million this season and next. In my opinion, D.J. has been GM Stan's single, smart move as President of Detroit Pistons Basketball.

And, another thing: I personally have never liked Head Coach Stan's "Four Out and One In" philosophy. Do not like the under 6' starting PG, the under 6' back-up PG, and under 6' back-up to the back-up PG. Absolutely hate the insane number of 3's that WE are shooting. WE need at least two guys a SG and SF, who can break a defense down and find their own shot. If WE are ever thinking of making it to the playoffs, WE better damn well have at least two guys who can break a defense down.

The jury is still out on GM Stan. He may never become a Pimp GM. Joe

But, you are right Wise, Kevin Love would be a perfect compliment to Dre Drum and I could see Dre becoming a better player on both ends playing with Kevin Love.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Okay More Stuff

Post  WTF Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Let me start with Jerry Rice, I loved this dude as a NFL WR but as a talking head he's full of himself he's worse than Cris Carter. He admits to using Stickum illegally throughout his entire career but draws the thin at deflated balls and think an * needs to be placed next to the Patriots Super Bowl. PLEASE STFU Jerry. This goes for Aikman as well, and Dilfer and so on. Brady Haters

Next up Dolan, Man don't stoop so low be the bigger adult but I feel no sympathy for the fans that sent the email. Calling Dolan stupid wasn't cool and I'm sure Dolan response could have been a lot worse. Dolan why does a fan have your direct email and why didn't your secretary catch and flag it before you got it. ESPN this crap isn't news worthy IMO fan involvement in sports have gone way overboard in this new age of communication and media needs to stop feeding on it. In a way I wish Dolan would have said far worse and NBA should mind its business on this matter unless the NBA mandates owners taking emails from fans and if so may I please get Gores email address?

My Cousin, man hate Cousins all you want but I wish anyone of our big men had the moxie he has. Yeah he ranted on about God's Plan over and over but at least the guy shows signs of life and even better his stats are off the chain. Wish Joe would have pulled that trigger on swapping Cousins for Moose sad ass. At least Cousins hasn't pissed himself to date.

Thumbs down Lebron thumbs down Man that tweet wasn't necessary that was a private matter between you and Love. Its almost certain that Love walks next season and maybe that's what you want to happen. Maybe a sing and trade can be facilitated that sends us Love and you can have Moose Monroe I'm sure he would mind hiding under you and Kyrie skirt tail. Love would be the perfect compliment IMO to Andre and I would have no issue with Love being the focal point of the offense here like he was in Minny.

Kyle Singler, I agree why is a role player and an ineffective one at that speaking on wins or losses when their contribution sucks in general. Let Andre explain why he gets his ass kick night in and night out by players he should be out performing. Andre speak up you went all summer long yakking about be the leader of this team and how it was your time to lead. Well Leaders are the one fielding all the questions I guess you and Moose were somewhere pissing your pants while hiding.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Bucket Boy II revisited

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:28 pm

FlyDog wrote:When he is announced as the starting SF in The Palace, the fans should all put buckets over their heads.
Being a Dukie, he has the conversational ability to convince SVG that those are his adoring fans, and they're campaigning for him to be resigned with a hefty raise.

Fly, I absolutely love your choices of location, but I don't think you'll need binoculars to detect incoming, in fact I can't foresee it letting up. lol
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Bucket Boy II

Post  FlyDog Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:49 am

When he is announced as the starting SF in The Palace, the fans should all put buckets over their heads.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Bucket Boy

Post  FlyDog Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:47 am

deusXango wrote:"It's just knowing how the game's being called, knowing what you can get away with," Kyle Singler said. "We just needed to adjust and we just weren't making the right adjustments. We weren't playing the way that we should be to win the ballgame. I'm saying we're not playing as physical as we should be, but there's more to it. There's gamesmanship to it."

Of all the players to be asked about the foul situation, Kyle Singler? The question to him should have been, "why'd you play such a foul game?" I'd love to hear his comments on his lack of production not some sideline cheerleader defending him. Every Pistons site I go to fans are calling for his head, so I know it's not just me on here.

Win or lose, reporters seem to be flocking around Singler for quotes about the game; is he the best interview as well as the most indispensable player?

Well he did play 4 years at Duke. I'm sure he learned the finer points of deflecting attention from himself and steering the focus towards the team. He'll make a fine coach someday. Hopefully, that day comes next season in the Ukraine.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Look who's suddenly the teams spokesman, Mr. Seven Points himself.

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:28 am

"It's just knowing how the game's being called, knowing what you can get away with," Kyle Singler said. "We just needed to adjust and we just weren't making the right adjustments. We weren't playing the way that we should be to win the ballgame. I'm saying we're not playing as physical as we should be, but there's more to it. There's gamesmanship to it."

Of all the players to be asked about the foul situation, Kyle Singler? The question to him should have been, "why'd you play such a foul game?" I'd love to hear his comments on his lack of production not some sideline cheerleader defending him. Every Pistons site I go to fans are calling for his head, so I know it's not just me on here.

Win or lose, reporters seem to be flocking around Singler for quotes about the game; is he the best interview as well as the most indispensable player?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty IMO

Post  WTF Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:32 am

I think all the premature patting on the head has gone to the head of these players which is why their effort on defense is so shabby. Also the offense is having some effect on how they defend as well. They can't keep bombing away at will from deep and get back to defend properly. As LB use to say good offense and defense goes hand and hand, they really need to become better in the half court game to be effective defensively on a consistent basis. The players don't really fit the type of system SVG wants to run.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty WTF Is Going On Around Here?

Post  FlyDog Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:45 am

I look for Van Gundy to totally overhaul this roster in the offseason. Nobody is safe. The lack of Defensive intensity is stupifying.

Wise, I think they'll go 15-15 down the stretch. Some nights the shots fall and some nights they don't. Rare are the nights where they bust their ass on the Defensive end.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next