Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sebastian
Sparma
cool breeze
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
Fennis Dembo
Phil-Good
FlyDog
lemonpen
WTF
14 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Crazy like a fox?

Post  Sparma Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Greg Monroe's agent, David Falk, says that the money is the same everywhere. On the face of it, that makes no sense. The Pistons can offer a 5 year deal to Monroe, as opposed to 4. (I also think the percentages of possible raises is a bit different). So Detroit can obviously offer more than rival bidders.

Or is Falk making sense after all? Does he know that Detroit won't offer a 5 year max deal to Monroe (in part because that places a limit on the years they can offer Drummond (with caveats which Mayo's explained)). If so, then the money'd be nearly identical (although I think Detroit's max deal could still be a bit sweeter). If Falk's saying Monroe's getting a bit below max for 4 years, then he'd be getting the same everywhere.

Not sure I've got my facts exactly right here, but my idea is that Falk's on the surface stupid statement may be revealing some insight as to what his client can expect to get. Why might he say such a thing? Maybe to line up expectations with what he thinks will happen? Maybe to encourage rival bids from beyond Detroit, suggesting that they wouldn't be at a financial disadvantage? I'm not sure, but am pretty sure he's not making an obviously stupid comment.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  lemonpen Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Oracle wrote:
lemonpen wrote:I hope the re-up is evidence of our interest in seeing live action.  

Who knows, Dinwiddie might have pulled the Washington game out with one more weapon.

I agree, one more weapon might have done the trick!

Also, there's one aspect of that game that gets little notice.

To come back from 21 points down requires a massive stepping up of defense! You can't be trading baskets, so we actually can step it up when needed!

Yeah. I swear when we evened the score it looked to me like Spence was the ONLY guy wanting the ball. The other 4 were playing hot potato to get the ball out of their hands and into his.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty QM

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:55 pm

lemonpen wrote:I hope the re-up is evidence of our interest in seeing live action.  

Who knows, Dinwiddie might have pulled the Washington game out with one more weapon.

I agree, one more weapon might have done the trick!

Also, there's one aspect of that game that gets little notice.

To come back from 21 points down requires a massive stepping up of defense! You can't be trading baskets, so we actually can step it up when needed!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Quincy

Post  lemonpen Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 pm

I hope the re-up is evidence of our interest in seeing live action.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Jackson

Post  lemonpen Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:58 pm

When evaluating Jackson as he is today I believe one must consider WHO he was understudy to.  Now, consider what kind of reputation Westbrook maintained until having to carry a much broader responsibility when KD went down early in the season.   Many regarded him a selfish, shoot first guard.  The need to get EVERYONE involved in KD's absence has produced a more well rounded and more productive PG.

Based on the skillset observed (Jackson) so far ask yourselves;  self, can Stan mold this kid into a top 5 PG. The same question had to be asked of Mr. Big Shot.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Having some doubts about the quality of players in this year's draft

Post  cool breeze Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:39 pm

There are too many players with huge flaws to be able to compete for playing time on most NBA teams next season. I can only identify only perhaps 3 or 4 players who might become starters in their first season. There are too many freshman. It appears that the Knicks and the Lakers will somehow come out with the two best big men in this draft. Are things rigged for the high market areas? If Okafor and Towns end up playing for the Knicks and Lakers, I won't be surprised. The possibility of securing a good replacement for Monroe seems slim so it appears everything will be done to sign him again. We need a small forward but I don't see anyone in the draft with the exception of Stan Johnson who could become a solid starter. He will be gone well before Detroit has their turn unless we get really lucky. Wisconsin's big center is listed towards the end of the first round in this coming draft. Many Piston fans really like his game. Could he replace Moose right away and become a better fit for this team? He has a good outside shot and is extremely smart as a basketball player. This might be the correct guy to select in this draft unless we trade our first round pick for a solid vet. Somehow I have difficulty believing that Stan Van Gundy will place trust some of the current players on this team and will want to re shuffle the cards before the regular season starts next fall.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Oracle wrote:
cool breeze wrote:He couldn't run the offense but his lack of effort on the defensive end was very evident. Meanwhile the Thunder fans are really happy with Augustin and Singler. We miss Singler's defense but I am confident that Van Gundy will address the small forward issue this summer. Meanwhile, I believe the best point guard has been on this team all along but Stan had little faith in the rookie Dinwiddie. I just hope Spencer can close out the season well because he is going to be really good next season. The guy can see the court well and loves to pass the basketball. He is a pass first team orientated point guard that we have missed for many years. Stay Stong Spencer?

I am hoping like hell that somehow we get lucky with the ping pong balls in this year's lottery. That could change everything.

Thunder Trade:
Are the Thunder really happy with the trade?

Hell yeah, they made out like a bandit, and so far, they're looking golden with that pickup! Singler is doing pretty much the same things he did for us, but it is something they lacked from a guy coming off the bench that could be a starter if needed at multiple positions. Singler is very versatile with decent defense!

However, the biggest steal for them was Augustin! Now that Westbrook has gone down, Augustin has stepped up to provide something they NEVER would have had without that trade... a competent starter and a super backup!

Dinwiddie:
I wouldn't say best guard yet, but possible best guard for the future! Dinwiddie is good enough to be the first guard off of the bench, and to SVG's credit, that's exactly what he'll be doing going forward(pending continued good performance).

I think Wise said it, and I really feel the same way! Dinwiddie is very close to the way Chauncey ran the team in the half court! He has great court vision, takes his time to get what he wants, and is capable of driving to the hoop for scores or posting up smaller guards to score.

He's not there yet, but give him some experience and when he puts on weight and gains strength, he's going to be hard to stop!

The way Jackson has been playing lately, I believe that Spencer Dinwiddie is our best point guard NOW. Based on actual game performance it isn't even close. My belief is that if Jackson doesn't show he actually is a point guard in the remaining games of this season, he will be history as a Piston player. Maybe he is sick or needs an adjustment period from moving, but if you are a pro player you have to produce. What I have witnessed is an out of control wild eyed 2 guard who is trying to play the point guard position. He failed to compete on defense and defense is 100% effort. Will Jackson be one of those players who cannot get motivated to play defense unless everything is going perfectly on offense for him? That is the sign of a selfish player. So I am 100% sure that Stan Van Gundy has been testing Jackson in practice during this down period to see if he has the mental capability to shake off the last two games and reveal a completely different player who played the last two games. Jackson has amazing athletic ability and is especially gifted and could become one of the best defenders in the league. It has been his choice to do the opposite. That was his label on the Thunder team. He didn't give 100% on defense all of the time. My only purpose to writing this post is to say that Spencer Dinwiddie offers competition for the starting role on this team going forward. He is smart, has poise, sees the floor better than any Piston point guard in many years, and can stay in front of his man on defense. He has great size too. If Detroit is out of the playoff picture and Jackson continues to struggle, then the coach needs to do the right thing and start Spencer Dinwiddie. Detroit does have injured Brandon Jennings returning who plays like Jackson. Jackson could be an amazing defensive ace which Jennings could never come close to in that area. But if Jackson continues to ignore his strength as a player, he should go hunting for another team. The coach in me wants to tell him that so he does an about face soon.

One thing that should be said about Piston point guards is the fact that in the last two games, we have not had high energy players running hard, setting screens or even looking like they want to get involved in the offense. There has been a lot of standing around by our over rated big men and our small forward. Pope has not been effective as well. So all that comes into play when judging our point guards. I am sure that Jackson is used to high energy players playing with him in the half court offense on that Thunder team. Many times, he had nobody to pass the ball to. We had Singler and Jerebco previously. Both of those players set screens and unclogged the paint area when they ran through the painted area. Now we have outside shooters and lazy low energy big men who stand around. Prince has not moved well enough or shot well enough to be a distraction for opposing defenses. Monroe is doubled and has not passed well out of double teams because other players are not moving. Drummond is late setting screens and then getting back into the paint to get offensive rebounds. Drummond is late rotating over the past two games on defense. What is happening? Is Drummond brooding after missing his free throws. He is the difference maker for our Pistons. If he doesn't bring his best game, we lose. But Drummond has had a history of inconsistency as a basketball player before he arrived in the NBA. Can he break the cycle??? Finally, our two starting big men are about as bad as you get on the defensive end. They are not feared as defensive big men at all. Do we have players the coach can trust next season? That is what Van Gundy is wondering right now. Do you trust that our current players will look any better next season????? The schedule has been tough for sure. But other teams like the Nets, Boston, and Miami are going all out to win. Meanwhile, our players allowed New York to beat them in a home game. The Pistons drew more fans for that game. There were high expectations yet our players looked confused and make huge defensive mistakes in the first half of that game. Some of our players have a long history of poor game preparation. Many of the best NBA players of all time, used to get sick in the locker room before games. Those players were keyed up and had been thinking about their role and what was expected of them before they stepped on to the court. Many of our players have no idea what it takes to become a winner. They may never know and that is why they stand and watch on defense slow to react to the ball flying in the air going towards the basket. How can you anticipate where the ball is going off the rim if your brain is not connected to the fact that you are a player and not a spectator. The Pistons lose because many of the players are mental retards when it comes to playing WINNING STYLE BASKETBALL. I hope that Stan Van Gundy is telling them that in practice. That statement makes me go to the next question relating to our players. Do they really listen to any of their coaches 50% of the time? I have only questions about our players and their future with the Pistons. Can Van Gundy trust them or believe that they are dedicated people who will work to get better? I don't see how he can believe that in them right now. They have created these doubts the coach and fans have right now. Losing to the Knicks and then going flat in the first half against Washington cannot be explained in any other way then they cannot be trusted to do the right thing in preparing for games as professionals. That means many of our high profile players should be an option to be traded or released.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:29 am

Wise wrote:I don't care if Moose want to sign or not screw him, See how Lions handle Suh though I would hate to lose Suh I wouldn't give rats ass if Moose didn't return after this season.

As I've posted, I think Moose moving on is likely best for him and us, unless SVG can make the hard decision to pickup a good PF and have one of Moose or Andre come off the bench as backup center.

But that's so unlikely financially, it isn't worth thinking about, so we need to get the best we can out of a S&T if possible and get us a stretch 4 and a solid SF!

If we do that and pick up some additional, read better, bench help, we'll be good to go!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:21 am

cool breeze wrote:He couldn't run the offense but his lack of effort on the defensive end was very evident. Meanwhile the Thunder fans are really happy with Augustin and Singler. We miss Singler's defense but I am confident that Van Gundy will address the small forward issue this summer. Meanwhile, I believe the best point guard has been on this team all along but Stan had little faith in the rookie Dinwiddie. I just hope Spencer can close out the season well because he is going to be really good next season. The guy can see the court well and loves to pass the basketball. He is a pass first team orientated point guard that we have missed for many years. Stay Stong Spencer?

I am hoping like hell that somehow we get lucky with the ping pong balls in this year's lottery. That could change everything.

Thunder Trade:
Are the Thunder really happy with the trade?

Hell yeah, they made out like a bandit, and so far, they're looking golden with that pickup! Singler is doing pretty much the same things he did for us, but it is something they lacked from a guy coming off the bench that could be a starter if needed at multiple positions. Singler is very versatile with decent defense!

However, the biggest steal for them was Augustin! Now that Westbrook has gone down, Augustin has stepped up to provide something they NEVER would have had without that trade... a competent starter and a super backup!

Dinwiddie:
I wouldn't say best guard yet, but possible best guard for the future! Dinwiddie is good enough to be the first guard off of the bench, and to SVG's credit, that's exactly what he'll be doing going forward(pending continued good performance).

I think Wise said it, and I really feel the same way! Dinwiddie is very close to the way Chauncey ran the team in the half court! He has great court vision, takes his time to get what he wants, and is capable of driving to the hoop for scores or posting up smaller guards to score.

He's not there yet, but give him some experience and when he puts on weight and gains strength, he's going to be hard to stop!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty RE:Two tuff L's but the guys have to keep moving forward

Post  Phil-Good Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:27 am

Oracle wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:Reggie Jackson has A lot on the line. He has 3 major adjustments to get use to.

I'm not worried either, it's going to take a few games before he gets it, but if it takes too many more, we're in trouble for this year.

People forget that it took Jennings a lot of games before he got it, because there was a good stretch when I wasn't sure if he should start or Augustin. But then in one super stretch of games he lit the world on fire, and IMO, we'd be in 8th place for sure right now, and possibly 7th if he hadn't gone down!

IMO if Jackson could master the 1/5 game the way Jennings did, everything else sorts itself out... it did for Jennings!

Jackson has all the tools to be A All Star PG for the Detroit Pistons. I like his floor vision as well. Nice player. The problem is he so new to the situation and he might hit his stride after it's too late. We will see. I look at it as A win..win. Playoffs or chance at A high lottery selection. Eventually the Pistons will get into the top 3. I can feel it coming. But I would like to see Detroit make the playoffs..
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Stan Van Gundy has changed all the working parts except for our two starting big men, Monroe and Drummond

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:56 pm

I really think that in the long run, a player who plays like Spencer Dinwiddie will take the Detroit Pistons closer to a title than the selection of other point guards who all fast high tempo shoot first bad defensive players. How many have we watched over the years since Joe Dumars traded Billups? Now we have Jackson who I actually thought might be a above average defender. But that isn't true if you believe any of the information coming out of Thunder land. For sure Jackson has the physical ability to become a outstanding defender but in this last game and the game before that, Jackson was lackluster at best. Van Gundy had his fill if Jackson for good reason. And I think that Stan was a little bit in shock that Jackson played that poorly. It appears that if he doesn't make his shots, he doesn't want to give much on defense. There are a lot of players like that and we Piston fans have experienced watching that crap for too long. Maybe Jackson has the flu for all that i know. If so, I am sorry for bringing his last performance up. And I must add that over the past two games, Pope has not looked good either. It becomes a matter of trust for coach Stan Van Gundy. Who is going to show up to play?

Now we get to the big men. Which big man will show up for the next game and can either of them play the same way for both halves of a game? Honestly, the coaches and the fans have no idea what is going to happen. Drummond get his butt kicked on defense too much. He is not thinking. It is as if he is a rookie and has hit the wall. Monroe played exceptionally hard in the 2nd half against Washington but could do nothing right in the first half. How can the front office Stan Van Gundy make any sound decisions on this team with so many unknowns. One game we think we have something with the two big guys and then we watch them get their asses kicked because they are getting beat by opposing big men in transition. It is going to be really interesting this summer as Van Gundy makes critical decisions on the Pistons future. And I trust him completely. He will come up with something really cool and next year we are going to have more fun as fans. My worry is that Andre Drummond might not become the player he is capable of becoming. He somehow did not put in the necessary work before he arrived at the NBA. Can he catch up????

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Harden suspended for kicking LeBron

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:59 pm

WISEFAN wrote:The Nuggets players and Sixer's organization is just a number of turds this league has produced.   I'm all for drafting adults which is why I think these kid should be required no less than 3 years of college basketball.  The needs to fine the Nugget and the Nuggets should fine every single player that took part in that chant and fan that attended that game should be refunded immediately.

Dang! Lions don't put the tag on Suh so either they think they can sign him or they really don't care if they lose him. Hope they know what they're doing with this one.

Interesting game with the Cavs and Rockets last night smelled like an 80's game just a little not a lot.  

I don't care if Moose want to sign or not screw him, See how Lions handle Suh though I would hate to lose Suh I wouldn't give rats ass if Moose didn't return after this season.

Starting to think AA begged the Nuggets to trade him after this nonsense  tb

I second that thought about forcing players to stay in college for 3 years. These kids learn so much playing college basketball. I watch Stanley Johnson struggle every game. Sean Miller sent him to the bench in the biggest PAC12 game of the year on Saturday against Utah at Utah in the high altitude. Guess what? Johnson made mistakes on defense. He had problems hitting his outside shot under the great pressure of the Utah fans. Meanwhile the older guys held up well under game pressure. I am sure that Johnson is going to be an outstanding two way small forward in the NBA. He is a team first player and admits when he screws up and learns from it.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Stan Van Gundy was not happy with Jackson in this last game for more than one reason

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:54 pm

He couldn't run the offense but his lack of effort on the defensive end was very evident. Meanwhile the Thunder fans are really happy with Augustin and Singler. We miss Singler's defense but I am confident that Van Gundy will address the small forward issue this summer. Meanwhile, I believe the best point guard has been on this team all along but Stan had little faith in the rookie Dinwiddie. I just hope Spencer can close out the season well because he is going to be really good next season. The guy can see the court well and loves to pass the basketball. He is a pass first team orientated point guard that we have missed for many years. Stay Stong Spencer?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Brief Stuff

Post  WTF Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:53 pm

The Nuggets players and Sixer's organization is just a number of turds this league has produced. I'm all for drafting adults which is why I think these kid should be required no less than 3 years of college basketball. The needs to fine the Nugget and the Nuggets should fine every single player that took part in that chant and fan that attended that game should be refunded immediately.

Dang! Lions don't put the tag on Suh so either they think they can sign him or they really don't care if they lose him. Hope they know what they're doing with this one.

Interesting game with the Cavs and Rockets last night smelled like an 80's game just a little not a lot.

I don't care if Moose want to sign or not screw him, See how Lions handle Suh though I would hate to lose Suh I wouldn't give rats ass if Moose didn't return after this season.

Starting to think AA begged the Nuggets to trade him after this nonsense tb

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty There's No Heat Checks Involved

Post  WTF Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:08 am

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Still have to be a little impress with coming from 21 down and taking the lead a couple of times down the stretch. Andre got to get better at the free throw line and I'm going to go back to my original complaint about the ill-advise 3's that we seem to rely on far too much.

Wise, this is beginning to be a nightmare for us!

This has been a trait of SVG teams in Orlando, they can blow teams out when the 3's are dropping, and look like crap when they're not!

The problem here is that we don't even have great 3 point shooters, we're poor to average, so why keep forcing 3's when 2's keep you in the game?

This is SVG's coaching that's causing this, and the players follow the plan because it's easier to jack up a 3 than to work hard for a score. Granted SVG doesn't have the players he would really want, but even then I don't like shooting 3's all of the time.

Oracle, it's not becoming a nightmare it been a nightmare since I started complaining about. I can probably find 8-10 games where we shot ourselves out of a game because the team just freely jack up those ill advised 3's particularly during crunch time or in surrendering a lead.

We don't have these kind of shooters on the team that 3's should be such a large part of our offense, sadly the fact that Moose is scared of big moments and Andre can't hit a wall with a car as it relates to free throw shooting I guess we're stuck with this dumb systems. My hopes is that down the stretch our PG's Dinwiddie and Jackson can attack the rim more draw fouls.

We might as well kept Josh and let him jack up shots. tb

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Goodwill Good Riddance

Post  WTF Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:28 am

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:Doesn't sound like Foster is happy about it... shades of McCloskey
All volunteers step forward

Goodwill is off to greener pastures and more dough in the windy city!

I still can't figure out how he got the Pistons gig!

I hated his stanking gut and looking at that gay mug shot of his attached to all his ass kissing articles.  He was probably the dumbest of all the local rag writes covering the Pistons.  Now that he has this new gig watch how he turn on the franchise now. Once he starts sucking on those Bull's ball!!!!!!

Now as for Foster while I do understand what he doesn't want to do and the reasoning for you can't judge him because the News was stupid enough to keep paying him for minimal work facepalm Perhaps seniority allotted him such a perk for his time spent covering the Pistons who knows but they allowed it so it is what it is.

IMO this article is wrong for singling Foster out as some sort of bad guy and it's petty to bring it up. Those that didn't like it are those that are typically disgruntle workers wanting similar perks while not putting in the time and work. When you work in one place for so long life should become easier for a person. Instead of people hating on him because he was able to branch out his brand and do radio, create his on blog while maintaining his salary with the news is a good thing.

My problem with Foster is that he was dumb enough to open himself up to be criticized by blogging about having to cover the Pistons again! Granted it's not going to be nearly as enjoyable as covering the Bad Boys. STFU do the job with same quality you always have and hopefully you can retire soon or simply apply yourself to just radio.

I actually like Foster more so than many at the News and Free Press, I enjoyed him when he covered the Pistons in the 80's and 90's. He seem to know his stuff and reminded me a lot of Michael Wilbon at ESPN. I will say this that he brings more credibility than Goodwill did and most of the other rag writers out there. I honestly don't buy Foster's reasons for not wanting to do this and he just used it as an excuse, I'm guessing at this but being of the old school and just a feel from reading his blog I think he doesn't want to be in a position of selling out in trying to fit into the environment of social media pleasing and ass kissing they're likely expecting from him.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot about Foster ass!)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Two tuff L's but the guys have to keep moving forward

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:39 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Reggie Jackson has A lot on the line. He has 3 major adjustments to get use to.

1. Starting: It's A hard job and the guys need him to lead and not just score and get yours.

2. Being productive: The team needs Jackson to win games. point blank! Point Guard in the NBA is at A golden age right now. Hard position to defend night in and night out but the Pistons need production from Jackson every night if they going to get into the playoffs.    

3. Closing: This is where the presser starts to mount. not only do the Pistons need Jackson to do the first two but being A starter means your A closer.. Jackson has to come in games and finish team off night in and night out. Tuff JOB!! !

I'm not worried. I think Jackson can do it in due time.

I'm not worried either, it's going to take a few games before he gets it, but if it takes too many more, we're in trouble for this year.

People forget that it took Jennings a lot of games before he got it, because there was a good stretch when I wasn't sure if he should start or Augustin. But then in one super stretch of games he lit the world on fire, and IMO, we'd be in 8th place for sure right now, and possibly 7th if he hadn't gone down!

IMO if Jackson could master the 1/5 game the way Jennings did, everything else sorts itself out... it did for Jennings!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Goodwill gone... to cover Da Bulls

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:33 am

merc wrote:Doesn't sound like Foster is happy about it... shades of McCloskey

Goodwill is off to greener pastures and more dough in the windy city!

I still can't figure out how he got the Pistons gig!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Two tuff L's but the guys have to keep moving forward

Post  Phil-Good Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:51 am

Reggie Jackson has A lot on the line. He has 3 major adjustments to get use to.

1. Starting: It's A hard job and the guys need him to lead and not just score and get yours.

2. Being productive: The team needs Jackson to win games. point blank! Point Guard in the NBA is at A golden age right now. Hard position to defend night in and night out but the Pistons need production from Jackson every night if they going to get into the playoffs.

3. Closing: This is where the presser starts to mount. not only do the Pistons need Jackson to do the first two but being A starter means your A closer.. Jackson has to come in games and finish team off night in and night out. Tuff JOB!! !

I'm not worried. I think Jackson can do it in due time.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Goodwill gone Foster is Replacement

Post  merc Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 am

Doesn't sound like Foster is happy about it... shades of McCloskey
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Piston Point Guard of the Future has always been Spencer Dinwiddie

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Just when I thought Stan Van Gundy had given up on our rookie, he does the right thing. Stan actually made a hard decison and benched Jackson who played horribly in this last game. Dinwiddie played like he did in college, SMART.

And I have to give credit where credit is due. Greg Monroe played his ass off last night and even though our team lost, he showed me something that I hadn't seen before in him. Good job Greg.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Quick, tell me!

Post  deusXango Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Who was the starting SF in Orlando, Rashard Lewis or Hedo Turkoglu? Which one was the quickest on their feet? I ask because both were 6' 10".
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty SVG believes in stats and looks to beef up Pistons analytics staff

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:39 pm

I like the way SVG looks tat stats!

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/numbers-svg-believes-stats-and-looks-beef-pistons-analytics-staff wrote:Van Gundy has always had an appreciation for statistics. Long before "analytics" became a component of professional sports management, Van Gundy intuitively understood there was value in the story told by numbers. He doesn't put blind faith in analytics, but neither does he think the eye test and hunches trump anything the statistics might argue against.

"I look at the numbers every day. Some of them are numbers we've looked at for 50 years, when my dad was a high school coach. Some of those numbers are still the same," he said. "It's hard to say I looked at that number and it made me do this because it's all part of a bigger picture, but it is something that I use.

"There are a lot of things that can't be quantified with numbers and you have to know the player you're getting involved with. You have to know the fit with your team. Things like that you can't quantify, but that doesn't mean that the numbers aren't useful. They're part of the entire picture. If you're relying only on numbers, you're making a mistake. And if you're not using them, I think you're making a mistake. You've got to put everything together. It's not an exact science, but the analytics make it a little bit easier and a little bit better."
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Wise: Ill advised 3's

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:33 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Still have to be a little impress with coming from 21 down and taking the lead a couple of times down the stretch. Andre got to get better at the free throw line and I'm going to go back to my original complaint about the ill-advise 3's that we seem to rely on far too much.

Wise, this is beginning to be a nightmare for us!

This has been a trait of SVG teams in Orlando, they can blow teams out when the 3's are dropping, and look like crap when they're not!

The problem here is that we don't even have great 3 point shooters, we're poor to average, so why keep forcing 3's when 2's keep you in the game?

This is SVG's coaching that's causing this, and the players follow the plan because it's easier to jack up a 3 than to work hard for a score. Granted SVG doesn't have the players he would really want, but even then I don't like shooting 3's all of the time.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next