FORUM

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Damn You Josh Haters

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:38 pm

FlyDog wrote:I know Josh is a bum, you know Josh is a bum............I was just throwing Wise a bone.  ;-)

Thanks for Da Bone tb
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lemon

Post  FlyDog on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:26 pm

I know Josh is a bum, you know Josh is a bum............I was just throwing Wise a bone. ;-)
FlyDog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What A Pussy

Post  FlyDog on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:25 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Again Don't Matter wrote:A year and a half later, the fourth-year Guard has worked on his shooting and passing, and is in the midst of his best year as a pro, playing on an improving Bucks squad coached by sophomore-coach Jason Kidd. Although still turnover prone, Knight has played so well this season he - and fellow breakout Middleton - have made many declare the Pistons might have lost the trade on the long-term plan.

Knight has become the leader on a young, promising squad, but says he holds nothing against his former team. In an interview with the Detroit Free Press,  Vince Ellis tried to elicit a reaction when probing the young Buck about his past with the Pistons, but was stonewalled. Knight insists he holds no grudges or ill will against them, so much so that he doesn't follow their progress or pays attention to conference standings.

"I'm just focused on the Bucks."

Why is it even necessary to want to find some issue of having a grudge about being traded.  Really I don't like this sh!t ass type of reporting.  Knights is 2 years removed from being on this team yet our local media want to bring that crap up.  It's old freaking news!

IMO the media is about as bad as many fans.  I never really cared for Knight but I wish him no ill wills in Milwaukee and neither will I debate who gut the best of that trade.   Win streaks make fans and the media stupid, now everyone is feeling themselves about Jennings many the same ones that hated on it.   STFU if Jennings break his leg tomorrow you'll be right back to saying Joe screwed up in trading him.   Well some incredible things being happening with this team please note in the big scheme of things they haven't accomplished JACK SH!T you know like a title or actual playoff birth.  

As quick as the team went 10-3 they can turn around and go 3-10.   Keep in mind this team schedule is going to be a lot tougher in the real near future.  

I'm gonna guess that Ellis was slurping Joe's weiner after the trade was made. Now that Joe is gone......he stops lobbing softball questions and tries to generate controversy. Eff you Ellis......ya pussy.
FlyDog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Enough Already

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:36 pm

Again Don't Matter wrote:A year and a half later, the fourth-year Guard has worked on his shooting and passing, and is in the midst of his best year as a pro, playing on an improving Bucks squad coached by sophomore-coach Jason Kidd. Although still turnover prone, Knight has played so well this season he - and fellow breakout Middleton - have made many declare the Pistons might have lost the trade on the long-term plan.

Knight has become the leader on a young, promising squad, but says he holds nothing against his former team. In an interview with the Detroit Free Press, Vince Ellis tried to elicit a reaction when probing the young Buck about his past with the Pistons, but was stonewalled. Knight insists he holds no grudges or ill will against them, so much so that he doesn't follow their progress or pays attention to conference standings.

"I'm just focused on the Bucks."

Why is it even necessary to want to find some issue of having a grudge about being traded. Really I don't like this sh!t ass type of reporting. Knights is 2 years removed from being on this team yet our local media want to bring that crap up. It's old freaking news!

IMO the media is about as bad as many fans. I never really cared for Knight but I wish him no ill wills in Milwaukee and neither will I debate who gut the best of that trade. Win streaks make fans and the media stupid, now everyone is feeling themselves about Jennings many the same ones that hated on it. STFU if Jennings break his leg tomorrow you'll be right back to saying Joe screwed up in trading him. Well some incredible things being happening with this team please note in the big scheme of things they haven't accomplished JACK SH!T you know like a title or actual playoff birth.

As quick as the team went 10-3 they can turn around and go 3-10. Keep in mind this team schedule is going to be a lot tougher in the real near future.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Please! Josh Bashers

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:04 pm

lemonpen wrote:
FlyDog wrote:Seems like a fair and unbiased perspective.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2329215-the-curious-case-of-josh-smith-the-nbas-m

He watches Maury Povich?  That's kinda weird.......

It isn't quite truthful.  If 15 Piston games is sufficient to draw conclusions then so are 16 Rocket games.  
B4 JS 20-7 (0.740%)  after 9-7 (0.562%).  
JS has taken more 3's than FT's.  
JS has more TO's than A's.  
The things Morley claims JS can do for them isn't supported by the data.

I didn't know lemons and player hating smelled the same lol  Personally I liked the article, and if Houston is happy with Josh why are so many still so intent to bash a player no longer on this team.  If Monroe walks and SVG can't replace either Josh or Moose lets see how much cheering and bashing is taking place then.

Really lemon the Rockets could still be 9-7 after being 20-7 without Josh,  where's your data to say that JS is a direct cause of them being 9-7. This article was probably the most fair and honest article written about Josh.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hummmmm

Post  lemonpen on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:43 pm

FlyDog wrote:Seems like a fair and unbiased perspective.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2329215-the-curious-case-of-josh-smith-the-nbas-m

He watches Maury Povich?  That's kinda weird.......

It isn't quite truthful.  If 15 Piston games is sufficient to draw conclusions then so are 16 Rocket games.  
B4 JS 20-7 (0.740%)  after 9-7 (0.562%).  
JS has taken more 3's than FT's.  
JS has more TO's than A's.  
The things Morley claims JS can do for them isn't supported by the data.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good Article On Josh Smith

Post  FlyDog on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Seems like a fair and unbiased perspective.

He watches Maury Povich? That's kinda weird.......
FlyDog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe inks starring role in hollywood blockbuster....

Post  Oracle on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:11 am

Reprising his role from earlier this year in a police stop, Monroe is the star of the new hit film...

Some came while running!!! Only one screen shot has been released,

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Absolute MUST read!!!

Post  Oracle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 pm

If you want to read about how losing Josh opened up everything for this team and Jennings, this is the article.

But it's so much more in there, take a look - Is Brandon Jennings Finally Becoming A Star?
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don & Wise

Post  Oracle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 pm

I totally agree that some modified RIP style offense for both of our SG's is a great idea!

Even though they can both shoot the 3, Meeks a bit better, they're scorers, and can catch and shoot the midrange shot or attack the basket!

IMO, KCP won't reach his peak until he gets into an offense the utilizes all of his strengths!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Remember the nights we suffered through with undersized inept big men?

Post  cool breeze on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm

I couldn't get that out of my mind in the first half as Jennings made a hero out of Monroe. The last time Detroit made the playoffs was an audition for Jason Maxiell who Dumars thought was going to finally show his stuff in the series against Cleveland. Instead I felt sorry for Maxiell who was being picked on heavily by the Cavs in every game of that series. Jason was outclassed in every way it seemed. Where was Dumars? Did he miss that series altogether? I thought that the following summer Dumars would have recognized the weakness in the interior with our horrible big men and do something about it. Instead we watched Maxiell playing a starters role on the Pistons for several years. Dumars couldn't find any big man in the entire world that could beat out Maxiell in training camp.

Well we don't have to worry about being undersized at least for this season. Monroe played really well in the first half and then looked like the old Monroe in the 2nd half for whatever reason. SVG said Greg felt really tired after the first half. Not to worry because Andre Drummond played a monster game on both ends in the 2nd half. He was amazing and gave a preview of what might become his normal game in one or two more seasons. You can tell that this coaching staff have helped to improve both Monroe and Drummond. Monroe seldom did anything right on defense until the current coaches worked with him. He still has a long way to go but he sure does a lot of things right now to help his team on the defensive end. And Drummond is better in every area by a wide margin. It seems that both players listen and respect their coaches and try to do the right thing. Keep it up and thanks Greg and Andre! Soon the Palace will be full of fans to witness your hard work.

Jennings is pushing the tempo like a madman and he is doing it under control which is amazing. The speed of the game has picked up 50% from last season with the Pistons tempo dictating the way the game is played. Making shots and getting 2nd chance opportunities is key to making this work. While the starters are getting on board and handling the faster pace even with two very large big men, the 2nd unit seems to be out of control and lost a lot on defense when the shots are not falling. It is clear that their is lack of ball and player movement causing a lot of the problems. Jerebco has been suffering with something lately and didn't play at all in this last game. The game before last, he was completely ineffective. I hope he recharges because Jonas has had a lot to do with the early wins since Smith was released. He needs to get his confidence back which was clearly missing in the last game he played. He passed up clear wide open 3 point shots in his usual deadly zone at the center of the court. Augustin is dribbling way too much while running the offense yet I can't blame him at times because players are not working very hard to get open.

I hope this team doesn't settle for a brief success and knows that they have a long way to go improvement wise before they will be a real threat to make the playoffs and compete well in the playoffs. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:01 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Sparma wrote:I'm so low tech as to get confused by the origin of some responses, but I think it's Lemonpen who wrote: "IDK, if last night was any indication we as a team were looking for a lot more inside passes than long range rise and flys. I'm most interested to see if that becomes a trend/strategy."

That's a really important issue moving forward, I think.  One thing I loved about Jennings' play last night is that he repeatedly got assists close to the baskets, usually resulting from penetration (7 assists to Monroe, 6 to Drummond, if I'm remembering the numbers).  We heard a miked up SVG implore Jennings to continue to be aggressive, by which I understood he was saying to continue to look for passing/ scoring opportunities by driving to the basket (rather than by aggressively hoisting up distance shots, which wasn't working for Brandon yesterday).  Someone remarked that Augustin is getting in trouble by penetrating.  I agree, and that may result from him not shooting as well as last year, so that he tries the alternative too often.  Still, there's something I like about Augustin's troubles, if it indicates that SVG is directing the PGs to drive hard and often to the basket, looking for passing off penetration (Augustin did have one beautiful pass to Monroe, in which he hung in the air, drew the center, then tossed to the open Monroe).   I'm not convinced the one inside, 4 shooters outside works real well in the long run unless you have a bunch of outstanding shooters (which we don't (btw, things are getting ugly with Meeks)).  I'm happy to see indications that SVG intends to run a mixed, multifaceted, offense.

I keep saying that the pick and roll between Jennings and either big is almost unstoppable, and it should be our "Go To" play in a lot of situations.

It's lethal because of 3 things. Firstly, Jennings is a real threat to score with the floater or a shot close if they don't react, second, both Drummond and Monroe rolling to the basket pose big threats, but the 3rd component is the icing on the cake. Now we have credible 3 point shooters that have to be respected!

This, IMO, is where you use the 3 point shot the most, when neither Jennings or a big are open!

So I agree with Sparma that the 4 out/one in offense shouldn't be our main thing, just a setup look for the above to work!

The bottom line is that we're still a work in progress and I don't mind trying new things to see which ones work best with the players we currently have. Our laundry list of future needs is moderately long, we need better stretch 4's, bigger guards, a starting SF, and maybe a 7'2 Euro Gump(as my man Fly says) to eat up 6 fouls and intimidate 2nd units lol

That's my thinking as well Oracle with 1 more addition to how our SG are used as well.  I would love to see both these guys coming off screens for short pops much in the way we used Rip.  I know SVG has his own scheme and plan on how he wants to do thing but IMO using Meeks and KCP makes them more effective.   I would like to see Jennings in a less free styling role and used more in pick and roll situations and finding our SG off of screens.  

Wisefan I like what you said about the shooting guards. I think that in time, SVG will add this to the offense. One potential problem using Meeks off plays that Hamilton became successful with is that he doesn't have the size that Hamilton possessed. Meeks developed a quicker release when he was with the Lakers and that has saved him for entering oblivion as a 2 guard. I can see Pope becoming a prime time scorer coming off screens in the future. He is much like Rip relating to being in outstanding physical condition. And I must include my appreciation of Pope's great 4 point result from that 3 point make as the shot clock expired that made the Magic pause after making such a great comeback in that game last night. With all the excitement happening with the great connection between Drummond and Jennings in the 2nd half, that play by our 2 guard might have been the most important play of the game.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SCREAM, it's good for you, if you're up tight.

Post  deusXango on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:01 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:Wise, m'man, this is not to pooh-pooh your feelings about Jennings current play and the prospect of him continuing to play as he has been over the last month, but to offer some humble insights that has me just sitting back and expecting us to deliver an ass whipping to someone.

Shot mechanics be damned! I wasn't fond of that "broke back" looking jumper either, particularly with the shot selection and low percentage he was shooting at, but Jennings has always been a small guy playing with delusions of grandeur and his efforts to get the ball to the rim, as he practiced his "game winning shot," affected his mechanics; today he's bigger, stronger, but left with those early developmental mechanics on his shot. The good news is, his percentages are going up and that can't be faked, not with the amount of shots he takes a game. It's not how the shot looks, but how effective is the shot is what counts.

Street ball? Some of the most exciting players in the pro game played street style basketball; "Hot Rod" Hundley, Earl "The Pearl" Monroe, "Pistol Pete" Maravich, "Magic" Johnson, and Larry The Legend" Bird to name some of the brighter lights, who were exciting showmen of the game, win or loose. The fact is, some of the smartest, most creative, and clever passers you'll find are playing street ball; street ballers can compete and win at the highest level also.

So my brother, i'd sit back, relax and enjoy what's before you; it's not being done with smoke and mirrors, and I don't expect a relapse into the dark days of the seasons beginning. Your 44 win prediction can be money!

Those Players Had GIANT BB IQ's!!!!!!! and they had them early pre-pros........not 5 or 6 seasons in.  Don't put that pressure on BJ
That's mighty slippery of you Agent Wise...."GIANT BB IQ's"....I don't get it. I was speaking solely to street ball style play, not who was a genius on the floor (which is hard to determine with creativity, and team effectiveness); all the players I mentioned were college bred and Jennings was not. The "Pearl" played for "Big House" Gaines during a time showmanship was really looked down on, but his coach taught him maturity, which I believe SVG is teaching Jennings. "Pistol Pete" was coached by his dad on the collegiate level and played with college players from the time he was in junior high, the great Larry Bird was a late bloomer while floating from college to college before settling into a career at Indiana St. Remember Boston got him because he was a 5th year senior who was draft eligible...he wasn't drafted as high as Jennings! The point I'm trying to make is (without much success I know) the modern day player, without benefit of the structure college offers, takes a little longer to manifest on the pro level, but for the most part, they're younger. So it's taken Jennings 5-6 years to get it, how old is he and how much does he have to offer from this point on? I'm going to go out on a limb and call Jennings a blooming smart and efficient player, what about that?
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SVG Needs To Deviate Just A Little

Post  WTF on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:53 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sparma wrote:I'm so low tech as to get confused by the origin of some responses, but I think it's Lemonpen who wrote: "IDK, if last night was any indication we as a team were looking for a lot more inside passes than long range rise and flys. I'm most interested to see if that becomes a trend/strategy."

That's a really important issue moving forward, I think.  One thing I loved about Jennings' play last night is that he repeatedly got assists close to the baskets, usually resulting from penetration (7 assists to Monroe, 6 to Drummond, if I'm remembering the numbers).  We heard a miked up SVG implore Jennings to continue to be aggressive, by which I understood he was saying to continue to look for passing/ scoring opportunities by driving to the basket (rather than by aggressively hoisting up distance shots, which wasn't working for Brandon yesterday).  Someone remarked that Augustin is getting in trouble by penetrating.  I agree, and that may result from him not shooting as well as last year, so that he tries the alternative too often.  Still, there's something I like about Augustin's troubles, if it indicates that SVG is directing the PGs to drive hard and often to the basket, looking for passing off penetration (Augustin did have one beautiful pass to Monroe, in which he hung in the air, drew the center, then tossed to the open Monroe).   I'm not convinced the one inside, 4 shooters outside works real well in the long run unless you have a bunch of outstanding shooters (which we don't (btw, things are getting ugly with Meeks)).  I'm happy to see indications that SVG intends to run a mixed, multifaceted, offense.

I keep saying that the pick and roll between Jennings and either big is almost unstoppable, and it should be our "Go To" play in a lot of situations.

It's lethal because of 3 things. Firstly, Jennings is a real threat to score with the floater or a shot close if they don't react, second, both Drummond and Monroe rolling to the basket pose big threats, but the 3rd component is the icing on the cake. Now we have credible 3 point shooters that have to be respected!

This, IMO, is where you use the 3 point shot the most, when neither Jennings or a big are open!

So I agree with Sparma that the 4 out/one in offense shouldn't be our main thing, just a setup look for the above to work!

The bottom line is that we're still a work in progress and I don't mind trying new things to see which ones work best with the players we currently have. Our laundry list of future needs is moderately long, we need better stretch 4's, bigger guards, a starting SF, and maybe a 7'2 Euro Gump(as my man Fly says) to eat up 6 fouls and intimidate 2nd units lol

That's my thinking as well Oracle with 1 more addition to how our SG are used as well. I would love to see both these guys coming off screens for short pops much in the way we used Rip. I know SVG has his own scheme and plan on how he wants to do thing but IMO using Meeks and KCP makes them more effective. I would like to see Jennings in a less free styling role and used more in pick and roll situations and finding our SG off of screens.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DX I Want To Scream

Post  WTF on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:44 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, m'man, this is not to pooh-pooh your feelings about Jennings current play and the prospect of him continuing to play as he has been over the last month, but to offer some humble insights that has me just sitting back and expecting us to deliver an ass whipping to someone.

Shot mechanics be damned! I wasn't fond of that "broke back" looking jumper either, particularly with the shot selection and low percentage he was shooting at, but Jennings has always been a small guy playing with delusions of grandeur and his efforts to get the ball to the rim, as he practiced his "game winning shot," affected his mechanics; today he's bigger, stronger, but left with those early developmental mechanics on his shot. The good news is, his percentages are going up and that can't be faked, not with the amount of shots he takes a game. It's not how the shot looks, but how effective is the shot is what counts.

Street ball? Some of the most exciting players in the pro game played street style basketball; "Hot Rod" Hundley, Earl "The Pearl" Monroe, "Pistol Pete" Maravich, "Magic" Johnson, and Larry The Legend" Bird to name some of the brighter lights, who were exciting showmen of the game, win or loose. The fact is, some of the smartest, most creative, and clever passers you'll find are playing street ball; street ballers can compete and win at the highest level also.

So my brother, i'd sit back, relax and enjoy what's before you; it's not being done with smoke and mirrors, and I don't expect a relapse into the dark days of the seasons beginning. Your 44 win prediction can be money!

Those Players Had GIANT BB IQ's!!!!!!! and they had them early pre-pros........not 5 or 6 seasons in. Don't put that pressure on BJ
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sparma & Lemon

Post  Oracle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jerebko and Tolliver

Post  deusXango on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:17 pm

I look at last nights game as an opportunity to get Joel some minutes, at J.J.'s expense, nothing more. Jerebko is more acclimated to the team than Tolliver is and that's why he got the call to play and Jerebko got an opportunity to rest. Make no mistake about it, Anthony is our 3rd string center, but Jerebko and Tolliver are regular rotation players, or they should be!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Some of the games greatest guards have played for the Pistons

Post  deusXango on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Sebastian wrote:

Call me crazy, but B. Jennings is beginning to play like the Great, Tiny Nate Archiblad and I will take this iteration of B. Jennings than anytime up to the release of Josh Smith.
Sebastian that's one hell of a comparison (premature as hell, but great!) and I'd love to see young Brandon Jennings accomplish what "Tiny" Archibald did in leading the league in scoring AND assists in the same season, and do it in a Pistons uniform! That'd be great!!!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

B. Jennings ...

Post  Sebastian on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Call me crazy, but B. Jennings is beginning to play like the Great, Tiny Nate Archiblad and I will take this iteration of B. Jennings than anytime up to the release of Josh Smith.
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trend?

Post  Sparma on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm so low tech as to get confused by the origin of some responses, but I think it's Lemonpen who wrote: "IDK, if last night was any indication we as a team were looking for a lot more inside passes than long range rise and flys. I'm most interested to see if that becomes a trend/strategy."

That's a really important issue moving forward, I think. One thing I loved about Jennings' play last night is that he repeatedly got assists close to the baskets, usually resulting from penetration (7 assists to Monroe, 6 to Drummond, if I'm remembering the numbers). We heard a miked up SVG implore Jennings to continue to be aggressive, by which I understood he was saying to continue to look for passing/ scoring opportunities by driving to the basket (rather than by aggressively hoisting up distance shots, which wasn't working for Brandon yesterday). Someone remarked that Augustin is getting in trouble by penetrating. I agree, and that may result from him not shooting as well as last year, so that he tries the alternative too often. Still, there's something I like about Augustin's troubles, if it indicates that SVG is directing the PGs to drive hard and often to the basket, looking for passing off penetration (Augustin did have one beautiful pass to Monroe, in which he hung in the air, drew the center, then tossed to the open Monroe). I'm not convinced the one inside, 4 shooters outside works real well in the long run unless you have a bunch of outstanding shooters (which we don't (btw, things are getting ugly with Meeks)). I'm happy to see indications that SVG intends to run a mixed, multifaceted, offense.
Sparma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jennings

Post  deusXango on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:42 pm

Wise, m'man, this is not to pooh-pooh your feelings about Jennings current play and the prospect of him continuing to play as he has been over the last month, but to offer some humble insights that has me just sitting back and expecting us to deliver an ass whipping to someone.

deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  lemonpen on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:14 pm

No JJ looked like the result of an Anthony - Tolliver experiment. Gotta say, the duo was not too bad.

What's up with DJ Over-Penetrator. He's been getting himself into a lot of trouble lately.

Does it look like Meeks is doing things too fast, boardering on out of control.

It's time that someone convince DrumDrum how much better he could be with just a little more body to body D. He softly avoids contact surrendering too much space to shooters. And, the next time he helps an opponent up, bop him. finger wag finger wag finger wag

When Orlando mounted an attack against Moose in the 2nd half the dude just broke. Damn it Moose !!! You're leaving me defenseless. Talk about a streak of crappy play.

For a team that had won just 63 of the last 192 (prior to Xmas) the last 4 weeks have been a blessing. I can't imagine the mood if we were 8-35 and challenging the all-time worst season. box mad box mad box mad box mad

Who will be the next Breakout King.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:40 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:While I understand where you're coming from, i.e. these guys just don't have any identifiable identity yet, it's developing, but this was history, and Sparma sensed it correctly!

I'm just going to reprint most of this article. The only other things I'll add is where was JJ! He's been playing great, but no minutes? And of course, the great Isiah Thomas had 5 such 20+/20+ games for us... how freaking special was Zeke!!!!

I guess it is a WOW! after reading your last post on Jennings performance and I could only hope it continues.  Jennings has had an impressive month so has the team as a whole and I know Jennings is capable of these types of performances so I won't make a reference of luck though I'm slightly tempted to do so.

The reason why I'm still somewhat apprehensive about latching onto the current rise in Jennings and this may sound a little strange because I predicted 44 wins out of this team prior to the season with Jennings at the helm is that I still don't like his mechanics as a shooter which makes his shots look more lucky than a result of skills and he still has that street baller feel to his game.  This is why I can't decide if he actually turned his game around or if that thing called luck is rearing it's ugly head.  None of this is to say that he hasn't been impressive on the court.  
I love the fact that Jennings seems to be carrying himself like he has done this B4. There has been less and less celebration after each positive play. He is maturing.

I do sense some chemistry developing with the team and that's a good thing but your right on the identifiable identity.  I know I said this already but I don't like the living and dying by the 3 approach that SVG even though I think this has greatly contributed to both Jennings and the team rise in play what likely would sell me on Jennings is seeing him solely functioning in a half court setting.   Right now SVG is playing to this team strength but that strength is not one that moves them beyond a first round in the playoffs.  IMO we had 2 winnable games against the Hawk we loss because IMO we're still not a functionally good team in half-court largely because Jennings isn't that kind of PG. Perhaps Yet!

IDK, if last night was any indication we as a team were looking for a lot more inside passes than long range rise and flys. I'm most interested to see if that becomes a trend/strategy.

The team shot well today and that contributed greatly to his assist totals. My honest expectation is Jennings having a double digit average because I know he's capable but more importantly I would like to see him dictating movement, and more vocal as a PG in the half court.  

lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Victor O

Post  lemonpen on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:30 am

FlyDog wrote:John Long and Kelly Tripucka could have come out of retirement and dropped 30 apiece on the Magic last night.  It seems the only guy they bothered to guard was Meeks.

I wonder what it would take to pry Oladipo from that team?  He looks like a keeper.

Kudos to Merc, who believed the kid was special right out of college.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Impressive......but

Post  FlyDog on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:18 am

John Long and Kelly Tripucka could have come out of retirement and dropped 30 apiece on the Magic last night. It seems the only guy they bothered to guard was Meeks.

I wonder what it would take to pry Oladipo from that team? He looks like a keeper.
FlyDog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum