FORUM

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Singler playing bad and..

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:15 pm

DUMB!!!

Knight is really taking the Pistons apart!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sissy & Sparma

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Sissy, Josh can be both amazing and a POS on the same play lol lol lol lol lol

Sparma, Dinwiddie needs regular PT, even if it's only 5-10 minutes a game.

If we don't do that, we may not know what we have in time to make logical decisions!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bucks game

Post  Sparma on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Andre looking energetic.  He's been a terror on O in the first half!  That time off's added some spring to his step, which was already springy.  

I try not to get wrapped up in the furor about Josh, because I think he'll either be gone or not much of a factor for good or ill by the time the team's good again.   I see he's working on his fourth year of declining ppg.  He's got a similar rebounding trend going, although that trend's not straight downhill.  I suspect that as much as anything the years of taking a beating inside have taken a toll, understandably.  I'm among those who think part of his attraction of signing with the Pistons was the understanding/ promise that he'd get time away from the basket.  He reminds me of Sheed in one respect. I loved Sheed, but couldn't stand that he refused to regularly work his magic close to the basket as time passed.  Again understandable though.  Even super athletes get worn down by getting beaten by giants for years.

Two concerns about Dinwiddie: he plays slow and telegraphs his moves to the basket.  On the upside: he seems to look for and find the seams with his passes.  That's playing smart.  Not enough NBA evidence to really draw conclusions yet.

Last edited by Sparma on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Sparma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

POS Joshy Smith

Post  Sissy1946 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Misses two free throws & a layup to close out the half, there's got to be someone out there to take him off our hands. Good to see Dinwiddie get some burn after what Stanley Van Loser said about him needing some playing time, finally Stanley. How does a 14 million dollar player not invest in himself to be a better free throw shooter, it shows in his play?
Sissy1946

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Amazing Josh Smith..

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:59 pm

What a beautiful block by Josh... now that's the Josh Smith I remember!!!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Coach Van Gundy must have been asleep during the Bucks first offensive possession of this game

Post  cool breeze on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Yes this wonderful coach allowed Josh Smith to stay in the game as a starter after he refused to play defense at all on the first possession. The Bucks got 4 offensive rebounds and Josh was nowhere to be found helping our other powerhouse defenders, Drummond and Monroe. 4 offensive boards and I watched Smith stand in the middle of the paint looking at what was going on like a spectator. Don't you wish we could get those fat paychecks for watching this games? I had to check out the college games after looking at that brain fart. If any of the bench players would have done that, they would be on the bench for a month. Stan fears Josh Smith.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Discuss...

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Discuss...

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Or Not lol
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dinwiddie: A door opens...

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Can he make a case for closing it on one of the pigmy guards?
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dre, the(project) warnings were there, part 2 of 2

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Strengths: Physically gifted, Drummond's combination of size, power, mobility, athleticism and explosiveness is unparallelled at the college level ... Because of these physical tools he's able to finish with authority on a consistent basis, whether the rim is protected or left open ... Can adjust in mid-air at the rim- doesn't need the perfect pass to finish ... Because of his upward explosiveness and size, guards just need to lob the ball around the cylinder and he can go up and get it without a running start... Has a soft overall feel for the rim from about 12 feet out in all directions ... Very good at finishing non-dunks around the rim ... Active and effective on the offensive glass ... Runs the floor really well for his size ... Has a quick spin with his back to the basket ... Willing and creative passer ... Timely shotblocker with sound footwork patrolling the paint ... Active shot-contester ...

Weaknesses: Drummond wasn't featured on the block that much as a freshman, and his post-game remains raw and unsure ... Hasn't mastered any go-to post moves, as the ones he converts are usually awkward and off-balance ... Haven't really seen a one-handed hook that most big men develop first, and seems to shoot with both hands on the ball all too often ... The majority of his points come from the creativity of others, instead making them happen himself ... If his playmakers are shut down, it's possible Drummond will disappear through stretches, or even games ... Only attempted 2.6 free throws per game, and shot an appalling 29% from the line... Not much range on jumper with a low release right in front of his face ... Maturity issues, level of commitment and the need for vast offensive development could be a cause for concern from GMs not looking to take a chance in the top 3-5 ...

Overall: He's a project ,and anyone looking to draft him must remain patient. .. Maximizing his development will require the right situation, so he would be best suited in an organization with direction (not Charlotte) ... He needs tremendous polish offensively, but if he hits his stride, Drummond has arguably the highest ceiling of anyone in his class based on his rare physical attributes ...

Jonathan Wasserman 4/28/12

Strengths: Man child. A physical specimen type of athlete with a huge wingspan, long legs and strength and agility at a young age ... He's already a beast inside the paint with his rebounding and shot blocking ability and shows the toughness and tenacity to be a dominant inside player ... Shows a natural feel for the game with good timing on shot blocks and explosive leaping ability ... Has a huge wingspan (7-feet-plus) ... Born in August of 1993, and with size 18 shoes, Drummond could have another growth spurt in him and could end up well over 7-feet ... Right hander who shows a solid form on his shot ... Right now he scores a lot of points around the basket on ally oops and put backs. He's also beginning to show some ability to create offense for himself and his post skills show a lot of potential ...

Weaknesses: Hype at a young age is never good ... He could end up his own worst enemy if he buys into the hype and decides he doesn't want to work hard to be the best player he can become ... He's so naturally gifted, that he can be a solid pro without putting much work in. Does he have the hunger to be great is the big question ... His range on his shot and consistency are something he will need to develop over the next few seasons ... Developing a killer instinct to take over games will allow him to become dominant at both ends of the floor ... Another key will be continuing to work at his body, getting stronger and putting on good weight.

Notes: Wears the same number as his idol (#12) Dwight Howard.

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I feel sorry for Dre too, but... Part 1 of 2

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:05 pm

lemonpen wrote:I feel sorry for Dre.  He is uber young and still green in more ways than just on the court.  I believe he wants to be great.  His potential (spelled athleticism) forces the  Stones to consider offering a Max deal when the time comes.  But MAN he has soooooooo far to go before actually producing like a MAX deal player.

Dre is being force fed offense and defense, and you can see how it sometimes is too much to assimilate as he suffers paralysis by analysis, resulting in cheap fouls.  The Stones cruelly removed Andres offensive crutch in WillieB and so they should.  Max players shouldn't need spoon feeding.  

I'm looking forward to it paying off.

He needs to sit down, we've made the same mistake we always keep making... Declaring winners before they've won anything!

Dre's problem is simple while also being complicated by a young man reading too many press clippings and believing them.

He was allowed to do anything he wanted on the court up until now, and he's not responding to structure.
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stafford

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:55 pm

"Prior to this season, the Lions had never equipped Stafford with a top-12 defense. With defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh leading the way for the unit’s breakout year, it’s now Stafford and the passing attack that’s dragging down what should be a legitimate contender.

For a former No. 1 pick now in his sixth season, Stafford is a frustrating underachiever. He still locks onto his primary target far too often, as he displayed in an 18-of-46 passing performance in a 34-9 loss to the New England Patriots. His slide short of the marker on fourth down was emblematic of the mental errors that continue to plague his career." - USA Today

I'm speechless!!!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

AD

Post  lemonpen on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:59 pm

I feel sorry for Dre. He is uber young and still green in more ways than just on the court. I believe he wants to be great. His potential (spelled athleticism) forces the Stones to consider offering a Max deal when the time comes. But MAN he has soooooooo far to go before actually producing like a MAX deal player.

Dre is being force fed offense and defense, and you can see how it sometimes is too much to assimilate as he suffers paralysis by analysis, resulting in cheap fouls. The Stones cruelly removed Andres offensive crutch in WillieB and so they should. Max players shouldn't need spoon feeding.

I'm looking forward to it paying off.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OUR Big Man Coach?

Post  Sebastian on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Pistons Pals: A few days ago, the question was asked on this Board: Who is coaching the bigs? Well, I believe I have found the answer to this question - Aaron Gray. Yes. The dude who cannot play because of a heart problem that was detected back in August. Damn, GM Stan!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235676/Aaron-Gray-Remaining-Active-With-Pistons-Despite-Being-Waived
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can Detroit reach .500 by game 20?

Post  Sebastian on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:54 am

An interesting question 7 games out of OUR 20th game, as WE are currently 3-10.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/11/23/7273703/can-detroit-reach-500-by-game-20

While reading the article, the reader is reminded that the Pistons were 10-10 at the 20 game mark last season under Mo' Cheeks.

What do you think OUR record will be at the 20 game mark? Can the Pistons run the tables and when the next 7 games?

Game 14: (Tues., Nov. 25): Pistons at Bucks
Game 15: (Wed., Nov. 26): Clippers at Pistons
Game 16: (Fri., Nov. 28): Bucks at Pistons
Game 17: (Sun., Nov. 30): Warriors at Pistons
Game 18: (Tues., Dec. 2): Lakers at Pistons
Game 19: (Wed., Dec. 3): Pistons at Celtics
Game 20: (Sat., Dec. 6): 76ers at Pistons

I think that OUR Pistons may be 6-14 at the 20-game mark and at that time there will need to be some trades in the works.
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Practice STFU Jennings

Post  WTF on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:54 am

This is why the current state of basketball makes my ass hurt and sadly it may get even worse facepalm

Seriously people could you imagine many of the or any of the Top 50 players moaning about not getting enough shooting practice. Seriously when you have champion players like Magic, Zeke, Bird and MJ or even more current players like Kobe, Duncan, Durant, Lebron. These guys lived in the gym and they all had many gyms built inside their homes, outside their homes hell Joe bought a field house so he could shoot.

All those above guys had more hectic schedules than any clown on this team when you consider their popularity, status and the sh!t load of endorsement obligation and media attention. When the last time you seen a Piston in a commercial? These clowns have nothing but time on their hands but are more likely to be using it on social media or mortal kombat on their new PS4.

Now I do think SVG needs to dedicate time to shooting in practice especially FT shooting IMO. But for Jennings to moan and use that as an excuse is just silly and childish. We have totally lower the standards on and off the court for players and allow them far to many excuses for their sh!t poor efforts and behaviors.

I can only imagine being the reporter that Jennings made that comment to. I would have cursed his ass out and told him about the time some of these Top 50 players put into perfecting their game and not whining like some biotch! Hire a shooting coach and practice more on your own time if need be but saying that sh!t to the press was stupid and likely pissed SVG off a little. You definitely lost any respect SVG might of had for you clown boy.

WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving at the Palace for Pistons Fans...

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 am

This year we have a special treat for all of our Piston fans!

Arrive early and here's what you will need to do. After entering the main gate,

1. Pick up your sling shots to the left,
2. On your right, we've supplied a generous amount of rocks of various sizes

Once you have your sling shots & rocks, there will be a long runway. Please take up positions on either side of the runway.

At exactly 12:00 Noon, we will be releasing 5000 Turkeys... bag as many as you can, but remember, no eating on the premises!

Thank You,
Pistons Management
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh Hell Yeah!

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:12 am

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Now switching to the Lions, when the hell can we get rid of Stafford's ass!!!
Oracle, is there any room for me on that bandwagon?
There may be [email=f@ckers]f@ckers[/email] hanging off the sides of this baby, but there's always room for one more lol
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Something that makes some real sense

Post  deusXango on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:13 am

Oracle wrote:
Oracle, is there any room for me on that bandwagon?
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This team...

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:29 am

I haven't given up on them at all, it's just too early to figure out where they'll land.

Adversity is the cauldron that forges the strongest teams if they can fight through it!

They've bent, but they haven't broken yet, and SVG isn't the breaking type, and leadership is everything in a crisis!

We'll see, but as long as they're fighting, I'll be there rooting and hoping!

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Shooting in practice...

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:20 am

Ok, let's see how well this logic hold up!

The entire goal of basketball is putting the ball through the rim and stopping the other team from doing same.

However, shooting the ball effectively is the single #1 goal of this sport, defense in entirely 2nd, but not a distant 2nd!

BTW, as you grew up, tell me the purpose of finding girls, chasing them catching them and NOT scoring??? WTF???

If the end goal is scoring, then you MUST complete the lessons by shooting the effing ball... Jennings is right!

Why anyone would question this is beyond me, however you can question how much shooting makes sense in practice.

Having said that, it's who it's coming from that makes me laugh a bit. Jennings wants more shooting in practice because... it's worked so well for him in the past???

If they're shooting less and his shooting is better this year than at any time in his career, maybe he's one ot the few benefiting from this new plan Smile
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Shoot like your life depended on it....if you're a pro, it does!

Post  deusXango on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:08 am

Don, that sh!t Jennings is talking about, "we don't shoot in practice," is foolish and immature; this is what we get from an AAU, high school player, who went overseas to sit on a bench....immaturity!

For a team that started it's off-season early because of it's poor, non-competitive record, based on piss-poor shooting, is it too much to expect a poor free throw shooter, or poor 3 point shooter, or even a poor mid-range shooter to take at least 60 days (from seasons end to the beginning of training camp) to devote to putting up at least 600-700 shots a day? That's where you practice shooting, asshole Jennings! How can a real pro not know the wisdom of "practice makes perfect?" If Drummond took half those numbers of free throws, instead of running his mouth and pouting about not playing in front of Plumlee on Team USA, he could be shooting at least 70% from the line now....the same with my boy Josh! Speaking of Josh, I've been silently disappointed because I expected him to apply his time this summer to shooting 3's (to get the naysayers off his back) which would make him a more formidable weapon, whether he played PF or SF, but he obviously didn't do more than lift weights....damn shame. We could use a 45+% big man shooter out on the floor to compliment a couple of 50+% post players; that was the vision for our Big 3 offensively, but it hasn't happened due to laziness. I'm talking about one summer and a minimum of 36,000 practice shots (from the line and field) making a difference; anybody who thinks not plausible is crazy.

Josh had KCP's looney ass down in Georgia, in a weight room, when he should've been in a gym working on building on a game that had begun to flower; bad habits forming in a second year player and it's showing....I had hopes that KCP would become that alpha dog, go to guy for us, after watching his performance in Summer League, but he's regressed, much like Drummond, because they didn't work diligently on improving their basketball skills over the summer. Damn shame. I'm on these three players because there's greatness in them, but they've got to work hard to bring it out, it just won't happen because they're pro athletes; they're on the Pistons payroll, but I'd rather see them playing for the Pistons. Their quality of life depends on how well they perform.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just My Thought

Post  WTF on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:58 am

You know our 2004 team shot jus a hair better than this team, I think the only difference was these few items, 2004 shot FT's far better, 2004 was clutch shooters, and played a cerebral game.

This team is suspect defensively, can't buy free throws, and have the dumbest PG I've ever seen in the history of this team.

There were game 2004 team was lucky to score 70 points but prevailed with clutch shooting and defense.

Jennings the onus is on the players to practice their shooting before and after practice, the only thing SVG would be responsible for is providing you guys with a shooting coach during that time. Jennings you had CB all of last season and now Hardaway this season and you still have learn how to shoot not every shot require fading away or some lazy ass toss at the rim...Try actually aiming the freaking ball some times.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another Reply to Don aka President of The Kyle Singler Fan Club

Post  WTF on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:42 am

deusXango wrote:Don, I appreciate you sharing your diverse background and upbringing, you're clearly a man of the times. Whatever prompted you to make your argument for Singler and Jerebko a black & white issue is misguided; a "Dukie" would make more sense, but that's not valid since Grant Hill (one of my favorite Pistons of all time) played for the Pistons and a Swedish player? Come on Don, J.J. is one of the most popular players on the squad and has across the board support of the fans, he's just been snake-bitten and played for some dumb ass coaches since his unfortunate injury.

With Singler, you know what I have a problem with? That f@cked up haircut and his non-aggressive play that you call intelligent and Oracle calls "glue." I can live with the haircut, as obviously he can, but that lazy ass SF play coming from a known trick shot artist doesn't do anything for me; why can't he be more creative with his in game passes, and drives to the rim? Why does he spot up in the corner for 3's so much and not call for the ball out top? He doesn't get the ball because he seems to be hiding from it....if he's as smart as you claim he is he knows what Jennings offensive tendencies are.

Gigi Datome is white, or I'm color blind, and he's a Euro like Jerebko; I've been championing this guy to get some extended PT at SF for the longest, even though fans have written him off as a waste, sight unseen. All I've asked is that he would receive the same opportunity Singler did when he was struggling and playing extended minutes, but he hasn't gotten anything from SVG but disdain. How in the hell can you earn MVP honors in any professional league if you can't play? Just sayin'. The scrap time he's been given he hasn't made any shots, but he's never hurt the team and he did all the things you sing the praises to Singler for.

This is not a black/white issue, but a team improvement issue and I agree with you, SVG has done a piss-poor job so far. If he's operating under the fear of Gores and "the combine" then he's no better than Joe Dumars; the difference is, as a coach he's working for a clown or as a GM he's hired a jackass to coach the team....Joe was just a clown.

No he didn't go race on us facepalm

Don I remember JJ rookie season and I remember calling him a potential Dennis Rodman and at the time I believed he had that kind of energy and talent and the potential to be special. I think a lot of us loved him from the very beginning and then that damn injury occurred and sat him back. Here's the thing with JJ he's 5 years in and he still plays like a rookie even though he still display a ton of energy he more than not brain dead and still just playing on that hustle energy which is why he gotten and still gets the occasional DNP-CD he's gotten under Kuester, Frank, Cheeks, Moyer and now SVG.

I know you get all riled up and excited about effort but it requires a lot more than that and it has nothing to do with skin tone. If you add everything else that Josh does besides shooting to either Singler or JJ game then I would agree both should start over Josh. Josh doesn't get PT because he makes 13 million like it or not he earned his starting position.

As for Kyle he is the worse kind of hybrid tweener player there is because he plays three positions he's not really suited for, too small for PF, and too slow for SG and SF from a defensive stand point. Offensively he has his advantages no doubt but he's like the last option on offense and both he and JJ lack of defensive skills is what keep them off the court. If they where putting up shots like Toni Kukoc or Dan Majerle then one could excuse their defensive short-comings because they're making it up offensively. Real world this is how both of them should be playing like.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Message to Brandon Jennings

Post  cool breeze on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:41 pm

"We don't shoot in practice" is the reason why so many of Stan Van Gundy's select player are stinking it up this season. Practice sessions should be used to go through team rotations and to install new twists in an offense. Practice time should never be used for shooting purposes at any level except for maybe gym classes where you can form two lines and see which line can beat the other. No Brandon your teammates failed to shoot on their own like they should have done over the summer. I know several Arizona college players who have taken several hundred shots at different positions this past summer. Maybe our guys have spent too much time on the weights. And at least a few have not picked up a basketball until the first day of training camp.

Our head coach must approve of his player's approach to becoming better shooters. He sure does award the worst shooters on the team with max playing time. Great job Mr. Van Gundy. The seats will remain empty at the Palace.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum