Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Bynum

Post  Murph Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Sparma wrote:to find out whether Bynum's intense training efforts pay off.

NBA.com reports: "He eats baked chicken, tilapia and salmon, fresh fruits and vegetables. He’s abandoned sugar and flour, milk and other dairy products, artificial colorings and flavorings. Not even Gatorade passes muster. Those things, he says, dull your concentration and sap your energy.

He worked out like crazy over the summer in Chicago...."

We often hear about guys working hard in the off-season, only to see little or no pay off once the games begin.  How will things play out with Bynum?  I thought he was the one being squeezed on Stan's roster, that there would be few minutes for him.  Maybe he thought the same.  All credit to him for pulling out all of the stops on the downslope of his career.  It will be interesting now to find out whether or not his efforts pay off in minutes and performance.

[Cool, I'm waiting for your rebuttal concerning Bynum!]

I'm guessing Bynum is another guy who's going to come to camp looking miraculously 30 lbs lighter.

And I'm guessing Bynum will also credit a "no carb diet".

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Wise wrote:I'm certainly not feeling the height of or PG's that are all barely 6'1 with the exception of Dinwiddie who more combo than he is either PG or SG exclusively.

Where did you get that from?????

Dinwiddie is 100% PG, always has been! He has all PG instincts and skills(from every report I've seen, and the player himself), and the ONLY time you would have him playing 2 is when we have those munchkins in the game and they switch up on the defensive end!

You have habit of doing this with rookies, and it's not a question of right or wrong, it's a case of premature assessment of talent.

Speaking of PG's, IMO, this is Knight's last chance to prove that he can be a starting PG for a team. With Kidd as the coach, he's going to have to do more PG oriented things.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty The King of hairlines?

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:26 pm

What's the deal here?

FORUM - Page 4 Hi-res-fe8b3d6ead0468d59b29905e18204e0d_crop_north
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Bynum, Stuckey, Charlie

Post  WTF Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Sparma wrote:to find out whether Bynum's intense traing efforts pay off.

NBA.com reports: "He eats baked chicken, tilapia and salmon, fresh fruits and vegetables. He’s abandoned sugar and flour, milk and other dairy products, artificial colorings and flavorings. Not even Gatorade passes muster. Those things, he says, dull your concentration and sap your energy.

You often hear about guys working hard in the off-season, only to see little or no pay off once the games begin.  How often were we regaled by stories of CV's hard work?  Still, sometimes a change in diet and regime pays off big.  Djokovic (and Murray) evidently benefited from switching to a gluten-free diet.  Why back in 1967, I remember reading in SI about the intense strength workouts of Carl Yastrzemski,  He was already outstanding, but became great in that Triple Crown year.  He helped pioneer strength training for major leaguers.

How will things play out with Bynum?  I thought he was the one being squeezed on Stan's roster, that there would be few minutes for him.  Maybe he thought the same.  All credit to him for pulling out all of the stops on the downslope of his career.  It will be interesting now to find out whether or not his efforts pay off in minutes and performance.

[Cool, I'm waiting for your rebuttal!]

Sparma, I think Bynum needs a change of scenery and need to be moved for his sake and the sake of the team. IMO we have 4 PG on the roster and really only 2 SG and I already don't like the balance there in the backcourt. I'm certainly not feeling the height of or PG's that are all barely 6'1 with the exception of Dinwiddie who more combo than he is either PG or SG exclusively. I hope we trade him and he has great success elsewhere but I'm so not in the mood for musical chairs in the backcourt.

Now I'm not the least impressed by Bynum working hard this summer, I don't know why these guys don't make this commitment coming into the league to work hard and take care of their bodies. What we have here is another player at the end of his contract deciding he needs to do something different so to CV's credit though it show no real results from it he at least did this in the middle of his contract. I honestly think change will be good for Stuckey, Charlie, and hopefully Bynum if moved playing somewhere other than here.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty I'm going to be curious

Post  Sparma Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:09 pm

to find out whether Bynum's intense training efforts pay off.

We often hear about guys working hard in the off-season, only to see little or no pay off once the games begin.  How often have we been regaled by stories of CV's hard work?  Still, sometimes a change in diet and regime pays off big.  Djokovic (and Murray) evidently benefited from switching to a gluten-free diet.  Way back in 1967, I remember reading in SI about the intense strength workouts of Carl Yastrzemski,  He was already outstanding, but became great in that Triple Crown year.  He helped pioneer strength training for major leaguers.

How will things play out with Bynum?  I thought he was the one being squeezed on Stan's roster, that there would be few minutes for him.  Maybe he thought the same.  All credit to him for pulling out all of the stops on the downslope of his career.  It will be interesting now to find out whether or not his efforts pay off in minutes and performance.

[Cool, I'm waiting for your rebuttal concerning Bynum!]
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty LOL! Josh Smith fan club...

Post  Phil-Good Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:59 am

So I see you guys checked this out.. LOL!

2013-14 Former Pistons Staff Member

"We used to beg Josh not to shoot threes. Literally, guys would offer him cash not to shoot. Everyone but Drummond, who couldn’t say **** because of his free throws. Josh took over three attempts a game at 26 percent! Brandon was pissed all those misses were messing up his stats. Chauncey would beg him not shoot threes but Josh wouldn’t listen and I think that’s partially how Chauncey knew it was finally time to retire besides him being done three years ago."

MAN..O...MAN this was funny.

I say let last season go. For me, Josh Smith gets A opportunity to hit the reset button. I will judge him on what he does this year. All the low IQ, dumb, decisions, Smith made from last season are over with. Same goes for B.Jennings. I expect good from these guys.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty The Josh Smith Fan Club Say's..........

Post  WTF Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:49 am

deusXango wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:PG. B.Jennings

SG. KCP

SF. K.Singler

PF. Josh Smith

Center. A.Drummonds.

Can this team make the playoffs?? Yes.

1. Cavs

2. Bulls

3. Hornets

4. Bullets.

5. Raptors.

Here is where the east is wide open. Detroit can finish anywhere from 6 to 8.  I don't believe In the Pacers, Heat, Nets, Hawks or Knicks.

If Detroit pulls it together, and get back to playing Detroit Pistons defense, good things will happen. But it's going to take high I.Q. basketball, night in and night out, from those two special people that don't need to be named  Neutral Neutral

"Out of the mouth of babes comes the wisdom of the ages."

bout time Piss Boy made some damn sense but he needs to chill on those in-da-windows about Josh. Josh will carry this group to the playoffs this season
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Why do they keep making stuff up about Josh???

Post  WTF Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:44 am

Oracle wrote:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-redacted-nba-scouting-reports/ wrote:2013-14 Former Pistons Staff Member
We used to beg Josh not to shoot threes. Literally, guys would offer him cash not to shoot. Everyone but Drummond, who couldn’t say **** because of his free throws. Josh took over three attempts a game at 26 percent! Brandon was pissed all those misses were messing up his stats. Chauncey would beg him not shoot threes but Josh wouldn’t listen and I think that’s partially how Chauncey knew it was finally time to retire besides him being done three years ago.

I ask that question all the freaking time facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Oracle wrote:
FORUM - Page 4 Bxu5UjECAAASlAg

The many faces of 'Sheed. This is great, Oracle! I still say that SVG should have retained 'Sheed.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Deep Thoughts by Fennis Dembo

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Jennings weighs 185 the same as me.  I wonder if he's on the milkshakes and Twinkies diet that has worked so well for me.   I have an extra walker if he needs one.

The video of the fans voicing their displeasure with Smith reminds me of the reception that Charlie V received before last season's home opener, not exactly a vote of confidence.

Joe Dumars was known for keeping a low profile.  No one has seen hide nor hair of him in five months.  Is it time to send out an Amber Alert?

I wonder if Greg Monroe traded in his clunker yet for a previously owned Mini Cooper?

There has been millions spent on remodeling the Palace.  Do you think a stepstool was purchased for Will Bynum, so the Munchkin can finally hang up his own clothes in his locker this season?  

In the NFL the players can't stay out of trouble.  In the NBA the owners and the GMs  are the guilty parties.  Evidently being rich does not make you a better person.

Ferndale Fennis emerged from his abode at dawn and did not see his shadow. Six more weeks till the NBA season begins, but I am ready right now.  Let the games begin!
dance

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty News

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Rockets acquire veteran Terry from Kings

Posted Sep 17, 2014 4:18 PM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- The Houston Rockets have acquired guard Jason Terry from the Sacramento Kings for two second-round draft picks and guard/forward Alonzo Gee.

The Kings also received guard Scotty Hopson and a trade exception from Houston in the deal announced Wednesday.

The 37-year-old Terry started last season with Brooklyn and averaged only 4.5 points in 35 games. He was moved to Sacramento at the trade deadline and didn't play the rest of the season as he recovered from a left knee injury.

Terry played in Boston in 2012-13 after eight seasons in Dallas, where he was named the league's Sixth Man of the Year in 2009 and 2011. Gee and Hopson came to Houston as part of a three-team trade in July that also brought Trevor Ariza to the Rockets.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Why do they keep making stuff up about Josh???

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:33 pm

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-redacted-nba-scouting-reports/ wrote:2013-14 Former Pistons Staff Member
We used to beg Josh not to shoot threes. Literally, guys would offer him cash not to shoot. Everyone but Drummond, who couldn’t say **** because of his free throws. Josh took over three attempts a game at 26 percent! Brandon was pissed all those misses were messing up his stats. Chauncey would beg him not shoot threes but Josh wouldn’t listen and I think that’s partially how Chauncey knew it was finally time to retire besides him being done three years ago.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Happy 40th birthday Sheed

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:28 pm

FORUM - Page 4 Bxu5UjECAAASlAg
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Don was right about Jennings!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:52 pm

deusXango wrote:"For starters, he will be just 25 on Sept. 23. It isn't unheard of for an NBA player to make major strides in his mid-20s, and Jennings may still be a couple years from reaching his prime."-Jakub Rudnik

If this is true about a player drafted out of high school, then why is Josh Smith constantly dogged out, across the land, and even on this forum there's been talk of declining skills, when he's in his prime?

The Bleacher Report spread the blame around, over the team, for last years debacle until it came to Smith; "he'll be all right as long as he's not forced to play SF." The nugget I gathered from that is, if Smith is forced into playing SF again this year, he's being setup to fail.

The Bleacher Report said Jennings was 165 pounds, but Don said he gained 20 pounds! Who's right?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140916/SPORTS0102/309160123#ixzz3DaYCQvJl wrote:Auburn Hills — Brandon Jennings emerged from the informal workouts at The Palace practice facility, looking somewhat similar to the figure who departed to California after last season’s disappointing, playoff-less finish.

Playful swagger? Check.

Rare introspection? Check

Twenty-five extra pounds? Check…wait, that wasn’t here last season

“I’m about 185, 190 on my good days,” said Jennings, noticeably thicker but still wiry.

Our own Arizona Cool Breeze of course!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Fans respond to Josh Smith starting at SF

Post  deusXango Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 am

Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 4 Zshlxnlyw3gv4otgvgxz

If one picture is worth a thousand words, this is worth repeating!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty starting 5

Post  deusXango Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 am

Phil1980boy wrote:PG. B.Jennings

SG. KCP

SF. K.Singler

PF. Josh Smith

Center. A.Drummonds.

1. Cavs

2. Bulls

3. Hornets

4. Bullets.

5. Raptors.

Here is where the east is wide open. Detroit can finish anywhere from 6 to 8.  I don't believe In the Pacers, Heat, Nets, Hawks or Knicks.

If Detroit pulls it together, and get back to playing Detroit Pistons defense, good things will happen. But it's going to take high I.Q. basketball, night in and night out, from those two special people that don't need to be named  Neutral Neutral

"Out of the mouth of babes comes the wisdom of the ages."
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty That damn Bleacher Report

Post  deusXango Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:12 am

"For starters, he will be just 25 on Sept. 23. It isn't unheard of for an NBA player to make major strides in his mid-20s, and Jennings may still be a couple years from reaching his prime."-Jakub Rudnik

If this is true about a player drafted out of high school, then why is Josh Smith constantly dogged out, across the land, and even on this forum there's been talk of declining skills, when he's in his prime?

The Bleacher Report spread the blame around, over the team, for last years debacle until it came to Smith; "he'll be all right as long as he's not forced to play SF." The nugget I gathered from that is, if Smith is forced into playing SF again this year, he's being setup to fail.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty I'm coming out of the closet to my forum buddies...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:04 am

Confession is good for the soul, and I can't enter another season with telling you guys just who I am.

Or you can get the long version...

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Petereon Is An Asshole

Post  WTF Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Okay his son was far to young for a switch whipping and if I defended him it's only because I thought he was older. But here's what I think about kids getting disciplined a say pop they're little asses early and as often as required.

This new thinking of not spanking kids is the large reason for all the dumb **** we see today, parents shouldn't be negotiating good behavior from their children and this time out bullsh!t is silly as hell. Parents want to sit their kids in front of TV's to babysit them because they don't have time for them buy good behavior from them and demand very little respect from.

Peterson is an asshole who can't control his dick that he would have 7 kids and 5 baby-momma's and he definitely had not right whipping a 4 year old with a switch to the point he did.

Again let me thank everyone again for their kind words they were much appreciated and needed so thanks. My nephew funeral was yesterday and I watch one young clown after another walk to his casket and all I could sit think of was what have we done to our youth what's wrong with these young folks as I watched them dress inappropriately I thought, 2 young ladies broke out into a fight afterwards. I thought about how much different they would be if they got the same ass whipping my parents gave me.

Peterson does need a season long suspension he might even deserve some jail time if the beating is true and yes he needs his dick cut off so that he can't father another child.

Parents please whip your kids, I have 3 girls I can't count on 1 hand the number of spankings I gave all 3 and it was done at early ages perhaps 2 or 3 years of age. (Playing with electrical outlets) but if you don't spank them how will they learn. Certainly not by timeouts and I didn't hesitate to spank them because the fact that might stick something in that outlet scared the sh!t out of me.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Whose Your Daddy - Oh, No Not Him

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:08 am

Oracle, Peterson is not normal.  He has had seven children with five different woman.    He should be sentenced to a mandatory vasectomy and a good old fashioned Singapore caning.  I think he was trying to break the record of the late Wu-Tang Clan member Ol' Dirty Bastard for number of kids and baby mamas.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty NFL audidions new theme song!

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Peterson is the one that needs a 3-6 month suspension!

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:07 am

I don't know about you guys, but when somebody mistreats children, I go non-linear!!!

Peterson beat his son with a switch to the point his genitals were bleeding... BLEEDING!!!

His ass belongs UNDER the effing jail, and it looks like this isn't the first time!

He needs suspending and HELP! That sh!t just isn't normal!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Merc/ Tigers Bullpen

Post  Sparma Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:45 pm

I agree that DD's done a lot to try to rectify things, Merc. Still, he's made a couple of mistakes, at least: not resigning Fernando Rodney and, recently, not claiming lefty Matt Thornton off of waivers, as they could have before the Nationals (he's sitting on a 0.00 ERA after 10 innings with them).

I've seen Nathan throw an occasional nasty pitch, but he's getting tagged good. Jim Johnson looks like he still has good stuff, but he lacks command.

My hope's with Soria, in spite of his slow start with the Tigers, and his injury. He's back and I see him as the closer soon, at least some of the time.

[quote=merc"]Sparma, I here what you're saying about placing our hopes on Nathan... I can't blame D.D. for his efforts trying to bring in a legit closer... these guys have all been solid closersin the past... for some reason they come here and lose their metal.
I'd like to think that one of these guys would step up in the next couple weeks...  I'm honestly more comfortable with Albuquerque getting outs.[/quote]
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty If you're a Wife Beater or Child Abuser...

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 pm

FORUM - Page 4 NflLogo
The NFL wants YOU!!!

If you haven't started, don't worry, we have third world wives and children for you to practice on as long as you can run a 4/40, and catch like Megatron!

And if you're on the down low, no problem! You can try out for center and have hands on your private regions easily 20-30 times a game! Just remember that we run a don't ask don't tell league!

Anything you don't tell us, we can deny, deny, deny!

The time is now!!!

Come(pun intended) and get your goodies from Goodell!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty starting 5

Post  Phil-Good Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:27 pm

PG. B.Jennings

SG. KCP

SF. K.Singler

PF. Josh Smith

Center. A.Drummonds.

1. Cavs

2. Bulls

3. Hornets

4. Bullets.

5. Raptors.

If Detroit pulls it together, and get back to playing Detroit Pistons defense, good things will happen. But it's going to take high I.Q. basketball, night in and night out, from those two special people that don't need to be named Neutral Neutral
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next