Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Present And Accounted For

Post  lemonpen Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:59 pm

Oracle wrote:

Wins

Average

Oracle

Merc

Wise

Sebastian

Sparma

DX

Stones

Cool Breeze

I'm still here. Haven't missed a post.
Put me down for 49 W's. Really good coaching is invaluable.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty No Truer Words

Post  lemonpen Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Great game by the Lions Defense!!!

They kept the inept offense in the game long enough for them to put the game away, and did it against one of the most potent offenses in football... Aaron Rogers and the Green Bay Packers!

Yep! three games in and they're right there at the top.  Great!!! save by the defense yesterday but I want call the offense inept just slow to get started in a new systems.  Still 2-1 and atop the division keeping fingers crossed.

The DB's aren't bad just can't stay healthy but been very decent to date.

I would say the same thing, BUT... Stafford is doing exactly the same dumb things he's done last year and the year before!!!

I see nothing system wise that should be bothering him! He has the greatest weapons in the game to throw to, and a decent running game, with a superior pass catching RB in Bush... this team should be UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Can you imaging Aaron Rogers with these weapons??? Hell, even streaky ass Romo?

Stafford is a problem, and he really needs to get his stuff together!

From The Department of Whoda Thunk"

Given where we left off last season Whoda Thunk the defensive secondary would be playing at a higher level than the starting QB.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty MUST Read: DSR Worst Detroit Sports Media Tournament — “The Sh!tty 16″

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:47 pm

The stuff on Goodwill is priceless, and I can confirm the twitter comments!

DSR Worst Detroit Sports Media Tournament — “The Sh!tty 16″
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Murph, you don't have to be..........

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:34 pm

On how she got started in working for hotlines:
I was a very well-known psychic in the United States on a hotline for two years out in public, and about two to three years just on the hotline itself.”
“I come from a family of spooky people. I don’t know how else to say it. I come from a family of Obeah—which is another word for voodoo. My teacher was Haitian, [a mambo] born in Port-au-Prince, and I studied under her for some 30 years and then became a mambo myself. So they refer to me as psychic—because the word voodoo scares just about everybody. So they told me, ‘No, no, no, we can’t use that word; we’re going to call you a psychic.’ I said, ‘But I’m not a psychic!'”
On how much money she really made: 
“I’m going to quote you a number from the FBI. They were pulling down—[using] my face, my talent—$24 million a month, for two years straight.  For the first 30-minute infomercial I did for them, I made $1,750 for the two and a half days on set. I had a bad contract. But everybody else thought I had more money than God, and my response to that usually was, ‘Well, God is a poor son of a b-tch.'”
On her “Jamaican” accent:
“The people I used to work for didn’t want people to know that I was an accomplished playwright. They didn’t want people to know anything. They wanted people to think I just came fresh from Jamaica.
So I had some Jamaican people who were angry with me, saying that I was a bad representative of theirs. I’ve always said, ‘it’s not my company.'”
On why she still speaks with an accent:
“Look, I’m old and I’m tired; my speech is loose. My kids are always like, ‘Mom, you get worse every day.’ I have a niece who is an attorney for the state of Florida, and we’ll go out somewhere, and she’ll say, ‘Mama, they can’t understand you; speak English… Your English is, you know… hurting.'”
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

They kept the inept offense in the game long enough for them to put the game away, and did it against one of the most potent offenses in football... Aaron Rogers and the Green Bay Packers!

Yep! three games in and they're right there at the top.  Great!!! save by the defense yesterday but I want call the offense inept just slow to get started in a new systems.  Still 2-1 and atop the division keeping fingers crossed.

I would say the same thing, BUT... Stafford is doing exactly the same dumb things he's done last year and the year before!!!

I see nothing system wise that should be bothering him! He has the greatest weapons in the game to throw to, and a decent running game, with a superior pass catching RB in Bush... this team should be UNSTOPPABLE!!!

I agree with you Oracle. Stafford actually played much better yesterday than a week ago when he seemed to have tunnel vision all day long. After watching the Lions, I tuned into the Philly Washington game and watched Nick Foles play. He played for Arizona after transferring from Michigan State. That guy sure can spot open receivers and never gives any impression that he is in a panic situation. He can take a pounding as well which he did in that game especially after a play had ended and a defensive lineman blindsided Nick in one of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen involving a quarterback. He was nailed on his throwing shoulder but came back in to throw a perfect pass for the winning touchdown.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Lions Offense...

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:00 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Update, Murph weighs in, brings down average :)

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:10 pm

MemberWinsAverage40.444444
Oracle44
Merc36
Wise44
Sebastian34
Sparma38
DX41
Stones45
Cool Breeze44
Murph38
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Wins

Post  Murph Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:41 am

I hate making these predictions because I'm always off by so much.  Usually, I'm way too optimistic.  

I'll go with 38 wins and missing the playoffs for the 6th straight year.  This year, I hope I'm overly pessimistic.

The problem, I fear, is going to be our defense again. Statistically speaking, our starting line-up is not that strong defensively. Josh Smith and KCP are average defenders, while Singler, Jennings and Drummond are sub-par defenders. SVGs coaching might help improve the defense a little, but barring a major trade, I still think this team is going to be defensively challenged.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Leeisms

Post  Murph Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:04 am

Oracle wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:In the 2001-02 break-out season under Carlisle they won 50 games with some decent players.  I feel our players this year are better than these.  However, they beat the nobody Raptors (with high scorer Antonio Davis), but couldn't beat the Pierce/Walker Celtics.  The NJ Nets ended up representing the East.  They lost 0-4 to the Lakers (Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Fox, Horry).  It seemed they were parting the waters for our Detroit Pistons to come through for a long run.  

Rk Player Salary
1 Clifford Robinson $7,656,250
2 Jerry Stackhouse $5,843,750
3 Ben Wallace $4,700,000
4 Corliss Williamson $4,000,000
5 Zeljko Rebraca $3,500,000
6 Chucky Atkins $3,300,000
7 Jon Barry $3,175,000
8 Mikki Moore $2,531,250
9 Michael Curry $2,400,000
10 Rodney White $1,693,560
11 Dana Barros $1,600,000
12 Victor Alexander $653,350
13 Damon Jones $565,850
14 Brian Cardinal $465,850
15 Ratko Varda $332,817

SVG would KILL to have that low salary structure!!!

That level of salary also helped Joe build a solid long run team, and he got cheap(Mr. D. too) when it started to be time to pay our guys!

But Murph is right, Lee356/357 was all over Varda, Cardinal, Alexander, and Rodney "Fast Hands" White's jocks!

Leeisms?

1. He famously shot from half court regularly... and scored at a 50% clip... yeah right!!!
2. He accidentally found out that he was White at the age of 9 when he caught a glimpse of himself and a friend in a mirror! According to Lee, he was quite surprised, since he apparently thought he was Black all along!!!! Too many Steve Martin films??? lol

Funny stuff! lol lol lol

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Defense Should Keep Them in the Hunt!

Post  WTF Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:31 am

Yep! three games in and they're right there at the top. Great!!! save by the defense yesterday but I want call the offense inept just slow to get started in a new systems. Still 2-1 and atop the division keeping fingers crossed.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty It's A Form of Mental Illness

Post  WTF Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:22 am

cool breeze wrote:Rex made millions as an NBA player but somehow appears to have acquired the habit of shop lifting. We have read about rich actors who have been caught and now Chapman has been in the Arizona papers after being charged with  a long list of offenses related to shop lifting. We never know what might be in the minds of our favorite pro athletes or who they really are but it appears that some form of change is coming where pro sports teams are spending money and effort to help guide the young people who enter the privileged class of rich young lucky people. what will happen to Rex Chapman? Will he go to prison? Maybe after retirement, the wild babes who want to get a taste of the rich and famous stop knocking at your hotel room door. Do they really like you for what you are inside? That is the question you need to ask yourself before you open the door. When nobody knocks do you decide to go out and do some shoplifting? Crazy world isn't it?

Just because your rich doesn't mean you can't have this form of mental illness.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Back to the Future: How did they do?

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:51 pm

FORUM - Page 2 BxmQTgpIEAA0u9C
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Right... the thing that stands out this year is the DBs are actually covering their man.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Lions Defense is for REAL!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Great game by the Lions Defense!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Wow...

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Go Stones! wrote:In the 2001-02 break-out season under Carlisle they won 50 games with some decent players.  I feel our players this year are better than these.  However, they beat the nobody Raptors (with high scorer Antonio Davis), but couldn't beat the Pierce/Walker Celtics.  The NJ Nets ended up representing the East.  They lost 0-4 to the Lakers (Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Fox, Horry).  It seemed they were parting the waters for our Detroit Pistons to come through for a long run.  

Rk Player Salary
3 Ben Wallace $4,700,000
7 Jon Barry $3,175,000
8 Mikki Moore $2,531,250
13 Damon Jones $565,850
15 Ratko Varda $332,817

SVG would KILL to have that low salary structure!!!

That level of salary also helped Joe build a solid long run team, and he got cheap(Mr. D. too) when it started to be time to pay our guys!

But Murph is right, Lee356/357 was all over Varda, Cardinal, Alexander, and Rodney "Fast Hands" White's jocks!

Leeisms?

1. He famously shot from half court regularly... and scored at a 50% clip... yeah right!!!
2. He accidentally found out that he was White at the age of 9 when he caught a glimpse of himself and a friend in a mirror! According to Lee, he was quite surprised, since he apparently thought he was Black all along!!!! Too many Steve Martin films??? lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Update, but no Murph or Lemonpen

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:32 pm

Wins

Average

Oracle

Merc

Wise

Sebastian

Sparma

DX

Stones

Cool Breeze

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Rex Chapman's fall from grace

Post  cool breeze Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Rex made millions as an NBA player but somehow appears to have acquired the habit of shop lifting. We have read about rich actors who have been caught and now Chapman has been in the Arizona papers after being charged with a long list of offenses related to shop lifting. We never know what might be in the minds of our favorite pro athletes or who they really are but it appears that some form of change is coming where pro sports teams are spending money and effort to help guide the young people who enter the privileged class of rich young lucky people. what will happen to Rex Chapman? Will he go to prison? Maybe after retirement, the wild babes who want to get a taste of the rich and famous stop knocking at your hotel room door. Do they really like you for what you are inside? That is the question you need to ask yourself before you open the door. When nobody knocks do you decide to go out and do some shoplifting? Crazy world isn't it?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Piston wins will depend on how much they can improve on defense

Post  cool breeze Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:31 pm

It is so difficult to predict what kind of chemistry this team will have considering all the changes. But things cannot get any worse than last season. Smith, Jennings, Jerebco, Singler and Drummond should have more consistency and overall improvement this season. The new guys will help change the culture as will the coaching and administration changes. Therefore, I predict the Pistons will draw more fans and win more ball games and be competitive in the games they lose. The unknown is what will happen with the Greg Monroe situation. He has a drunk driving charge against him so I look for Greg to lace up his shoes tight and play his ass off as long as he is a Piston. Funny what might motivate a player these days. I say the Pistons will win at least 44 games.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty A Trip Down Memory Lane

Post  Murph Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:21 am

Go Stones! wrote:
Rk Player Salary
3 Ben Wallace $4,700,000
7 Jon Barry $3,175,000
8 Mikki Moore $2,531,250
13 Damon Jones $565,850
15 Ratko Varda $332,817

I see a lot of Lee357's favorites on that list...Ratko Varda, Brian Cardinal, Damon Jones, Victor Alexander. Lee never saw a 2nd round draft pick that he didn't like.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty In 2000-01...

Post  Go Stones! Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 am

In the 2001-02 break-out season under Carlisle they won 50 games with some decent players. I feel our players this year are better than these. However, they beat the nobody Raptors (with high scorer Antonio Davis), but couldn't beat the Pierce/Walker Celtics. The NJ Nets ended up representing the East. They lost 0-4 to the Lakers (Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Fox, Horry). It seemed they were parting the waters for our Detroit Pistons to come through for a long run.

Rk Player Salary
3 Ben Wallace $4,700,000
7 Jon Barry $3,175,000
8 Mikki Moore $2,531,250
13 Damon Jones $565,850
15 Ratko Varda $332,817
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Oracle

Post  Sparma Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Thanks for putting those numbers together, Oracle, also for adding the average win prediction.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Update, adding Sparma's request

Post  Oracle Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:39 pm

MemberWinsAverage40.285714
Oracle44
Merc36
Wise44
Sebastian34
Sparma38
DX41
Stones45
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty I like your reasoning!

Post  Oracle Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:10 am

Go Stones! wrote:I like this game.  

My reasoning is that I noticed we lost a ton of games in the 4th quarter.  Many because of Jennings.  I think SVG will chisel Jennings into an all-star caliber PG or he will be out on the street.  I also believe he will get another under-valued star in the mix somehow through a trade before the deadline.  In the meantime, we will miss Stuckey, and SVG will balance our 3-headed monster so no one is overworked and each is used in his own best opportunity to succeed.  As to who sits and who starts?  It will be determined by injuries, attitude, and the opponent's perceived starting line-up.  We now have versatility and depth!  

It seems like a lot of teams are getting better, however, they are also getting older and some of the high and mighty will hiccup next year.  Also, it seems many of the teams will have new players to get used to.  

I agree on almost all of your points, especially the optimism about Jennings! IMO, Jennings knows he needs to change, and SVG plays change agent for him to deliver a banner year!

There's plenty of minutes for Josh & Monroe to both shine, and lineup will be just as you said... dependent on a few factors, but mostly on the scouted starting lineup and weaknesses of opponents!

I said that there will be more of a power shift in the east, than a total increase in power, and you implied something similar.

We're faced with some obstacles, but we also have a good opportunity to make real progress!

Your 45 wins are recorded!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Go Stones

Post  Sparma Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am

I like your optimism.

I think this year's team is especially hard to predict, with lots of unknowns. So far, I wouldn't be too terribly surprised by the team winning any of the predicted totals, from 34-45. The range of our predictions isn't that great yet. By my count, we currently average out to a 40(&a bit) prediction.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty I predict 45 wins

Post  Go Stones! Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:24 am

I like this game.

My reasoning is that I noticed we lost a ton of games in the 4th quarter. Many because of Jennings. I think SVG will chisel Jennings into an all-star caliber PG or he will be out on the street. I also believe he will get another under-valued star in the mix somehow through a trade before the deadline. In the meantime, we will miss Stuckey, and SVG will balance our 3-headed monster so no one is overworked and each is used in his own best opportunity to succeed. As to who sits and who starts? It will be determined by injuries, attitude, and the opponent's perceived starting line-up. We now have versatility and depth!

It seems like a lot of teams are getting better, however, they are also getting older and some of the high and mighty will hiccup next year. Also, it seems many of the teams will have new players to get used to.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next