FORUM

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Depth Charts

Post  Murph on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:36 pm

After looking at several pre-season depth charts for the Pistons, it looks like deja vu all over again. The two depth charts I've looked at have this starting line-up: Jennings, Meeks, Smith, Monroe and Drummond.

I thought we pretty much determined last year that Smith wasn't much of a SF, and Monroe wasn't much of a PF. Oh well...the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hopefully, SVG is just trying to show-case Monroe, by starting him, so that he might be able to trade him for some value, before the deadline.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Murph on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Wise...sorry to hear about your nephew. That's really senseless.

Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sorry People I'm Having A Moment

Post  WTF on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:20 am

DX, they have lost their collective minds on many fronts of political corrective behavior movements towards many things. Ray Rice isn't a domestic abuser just a knucklehead that allowed himself to do something stupid. This could have been the average clown and it wouldn't be causing this much of ruckus.

I believe it was Seb that posted a video of officers stumping a woman they pulled over and yet there's no outrage from it when there should be. IMO people just love seeing celebrities falling from grace and revel in it. I lot of it is due to jealousy and them hating their own sorry ass lives and meaning-less existence.

In any case this sh!t is over-kill much in the way they hype everything else to make a mountain out of mole hill to push their own agendas be it gay rights, racism, domestic abuse or whatever. It pisses me off to no end that ESPN who should be reporting sports exclusively has now become the next freaking TMZ and sh!t reality show.

Again I don't agree with any man putting his hands on a woman as I said if you think a woman will cause you to do such leave her ass alone. But popping a woman don't make you an abuser not more than punch a fag makes you a gay bashers if provoked. People can't discipline their bad ass kids because they fear being a child abusers IMO this world is all fk'd up.

I just lost my 22 year old nephew this Monday a good kid who was gun downed and killed for no reason. He was good young man always respectful and out of trouble, but I sit imagine at time the dumbass that killed hill as being one of this fu@ks that needed their asses kick by their parents long before it got to the point of them not valuing life.

Okay I know I'm off topic and I should be in the middle of bashing Monroe, but it' like everything I'm hearing on the news be it in sports or whatever is bringing me to the question of what's the **** is wrong with how we think? It's like we're just all screwed up and while it all seems unrelated I keep feeling that collectively it just one ugly mess. This just been a **** week facepalm
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:12 pm

To all my Det News homies... enjoy your weekend
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Honestly

Post  deusXango on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:14 pm

What male over age 25 hasn't been involved in a f@ck & fight relationship? Oh, Ray Rice is the first!
The video I saw (I'm not applauding domestic violence...people die in that arena) showed 1 punch thrown, not a beat down, but the national outcry is louder than one would expect from a single punch being thrown, in an elevator at that.

The free agency of Greg Monroe is the strangest damn thing I've witnessed in sports business ever! What does he want, other than out of Detroit? Why does he really want to leave the "D"? Where does he want to go? Why couldn't his super agent make arrangements for him to be there, without signing the Q.O.? Talk of New York has surfaced, but who thinks Phillip wants to throw a wad of cash at Monroe? The Moose doesn't want to play with Smith, but what if Melo doesn't want to play with Monroe, after the trifling big men he's had to endure in New York? Switching coasts, why doesn't his name come up as a candidate for the Lakers starting center position? Wouldn't he be a great fit next to Randle and wouldn't he love to play with Kobe?

Political correctness has crossed the line of ridiculousness in sports. No celebrating, no taunting, no dunking the football over the goal post, no gestures that could be considered offensive, no dirty looks. No, no, no, no! We've had insane (no, that's "silly rabbit") owners....anyone that doesn't want to be punished by selling a $35 million franchise for $2 billion is insane! We've had game fixing officials that we collectively turned our heads on. Dope dealing, gun totting players who are still getting paid by their leagues. No matter how skilled and talented a woman is, she can't participate in men's athletics, but the big news lately has been the coming out of the gay athlete...do they or don't they want to be women? I don't know. The point is, the ridiculousness of political correctness has gone from a slap in an elevator to the call for firing of a league commissioner. Getting back to regular programming; up next the racial slurs exchanged by two knuckleheads on the playing floor 20 years ago, to followed by less important news.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Danny Ferry a Racist? Did he call Bonzi Wells the N-Word?

Post  WTF on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:56 am

Oracle wrote:This is not Danny Ferry's first race-related controversy

I wouldn't be surprised if he did but bravo to the Hawks owner for stepping down and apologizing over the email scandal. This is the other side to the Sterling issue I'm not feeling because I'm willing to bet that half the owners has a some point made a racial comment. I don't the Hawks owner should sell his majority stake because he apologized.

This is a bad as the NFL and this Rice issue and I'm hoping the union steps in on this. Yes the Ravens has every right to void his contract but this suspension by the NFL is just plain wrong. Judging from the owners reaction no sure if any team would jump on signing him anyway but still the league is wrong on this.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

France shocks Spain, giving Team USA clearer path to gold

Post  Oracle on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:03 pm

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/09/10/france-shocks-spain-giving-team-usa-clearer-path-to-gold/?ls=nbahpsplit1 wrote:MADRID – The dream of a Spain-USA final at the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup is dead.
France ended it Wednesday with a stunning, 65-52 defeat of the Spain in the quarterfinals, playing a near perfect game to keep the hosts from even playing for a medal.
The USA’s chances to win its fourth straight international gold increased dramatically with Spain’s ouster. The Americans still have to get through Lithuania in the semifinals on Thursday and the winner of Serbia-France in the gold medal game on Sunday.

Well they got through Lithuania, from NBA.com: "Despite a physical and testy game, Team USA drills Lithuania with a 96-68 win to advance to the gold medal game in Madrid"
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Murph

Post  Oracle on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:07 pm

I never thought about this subject much, but this comment in that article brought it home!

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2014/09/11/hgh-knick-nba-problem/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS wrote:There’s no concealing it.  Lebron, more than Anthony fits this profile.  Lifting weights is common in the NBA, however even when players like Jordan and Kobe were considered undersized and they hit the weights; they never bulked up like LeBron, Carmelo or even Dwight Howard another suspect of PED usage, whose size has diminished.

The bulking up has been ridiculous these past years!!!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Was Lebron On HGH???

Post  Oracle on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Murph wrote:Here's a pretty convincing article suggestion that Lebron and Carmelo have been playing most of their careers on HGH.

Personally, I always wondered about our own Ben Wallace.

[url=http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2014/09/11/hgh-knick-nba-problem/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending on FS]http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2014/09/11/hgh-knick-nba-problem/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS[/url]

I don't know, but both LeBron & Carmelo look pretty anemic in those pictures, LOL!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Danny Ferry a Racist? Did he call Bonzi Wells the N-Word?

Post  Oracle on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:27 pm

This is not Danny Ferry's first race-related controversy
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OMG, this is what I was waiting on!!!

Post  Oracle on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Top Ten Reasons Greg Monroe Went Wee We On Himself

10. He thought he saw two fire hydrants with his name on them inside the police station.
9.  Arresting officer wouldn't stop talking about his trip to Niagara Falls.
8. Two gallon jugs of Mad Dog 20-20 and one ten ounce human bladder. You do the math.
7.  Handcuffs behind his back made it impossible to unzip in the front.
6.  Thought he was having a wet dream about the Classy Chassis.

5. Was hallucinating that LeBron posterized him twenty times in a row.
4. Thought it was preferable to going number two in the middle of the police station.
3.  Got overly excited when he saw an incarcerated transvestite that looked like Charlie V.
2.  He forgot he was wearing his big boy undies and not his Huggies diaper.
1.  You don't know the true meaning of being a Piston until you've been pissed on.

This incident wasn't complete until Fennis made his comments lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Was Lebron On HGH???

Post  Murph on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Here's a pretty convincing article suggestion that Lebron and Carmelo have been playing most of their careers on HGH.

Personally, I always wondered about our own Ben Wallace.

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2014/09/11/hgh-knick-nba-problem/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Bahhaaha... great stuff Fennis 2 thumbs up
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Urination Nation

Post  Fennis Dembo on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:45 am

Top Ten Reasons Greg Monroe Went Wee We On Himself

10. He thought he saw two fire hydrants with his name on them inside the police station.
9. Arresting officer wouldn't stop talking about his trip to Niagara Falls.
8. Two gallon jugs of Mad Dog 20-20 and one ten ounce human bladder. You do the math.
7. Handcuffs behind his back made it impossible to unzip in the front.
6. Thought he was having a wet dream about the Classy Chassis.

5. Was hallucinating that LeBron posterized him twenty times in a row.
4. Thought it was preferable to going number two in the middle of the police station.
3. Got overly excited when he saw an incarcerated transvestite that looked like Charlie V.
2. He forgot he was wearing his big boy undies and not his Huggies diaper.
1. You don't know the true meaning of being a Piston until you've been pissed on.

Fennis Dembo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:50 am

If this free agency thing doesn't work out there could be some nice endorsements coming his way from depends... "look ma no leaks... hic up"
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

O my effing G

Post  Oracle on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:25 am

What they're saying...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/10/greg-monroe-urinated-on-himself-police-report-says/ wrote:Maybe he was drunker than the breath test indicated. Maybe he was nervous while facing legal trouble. Maybe was pressured by how this incident would affect his pending free agency. Maybe he had a medical issue.

Whatever factors led to Monroe urinating on himself, trash talkers on opposing teams and in opposing fan-bases sure have plenty of ammo now.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24704692/police-report-greg-monroe-urinated-on-himself-after-dui wrote:Huntington Woods police released video footage of the Feb. 13 stop and arrest, which stemmed from a defective headlight, on Wednesday.

"I'm just trying not to be in the newspaper," Monroe is heard saying to the officers during transport to the jail.
"I play for the Pistons," Monroe said.

"You play for the Detroit Pistons," asks one of the officers in the vehicle. "Unless you told people that are going to tell people, we don't tell people," an officer is heard saying.

Monroe failed the field sobriety test, missing a letter while reciting the alphabet with "slow and deliberate speech," swaying when asked to count backwards to 78 from 100 and unable to walk a straight line, the report says.

Who pisses their pants??? WTF is up with that?

I've been through stuff drunker than that... hell I know plenty of people that's been through a lot worse, and they don't piss their pants!

This is really embarrassing... what a Wuss!!!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Slap stick and Hi-jinks

Post  deusXango on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Our 24-year old PF/C with unlimited potential, rather our soon to be "ex" max level player is a sure 'nuff cut up; in his last life he must have been a Keystone Kop and reading the fan comments on his Piston pants, he's hilarious.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Josh Smith Fan Club Presents Pee Wee Charmin

Post  WTF on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:03 pm

Wow! Sour Pee Boy now I know what this fascination was with Greg Monroe and where it comes from, he pees his pants just like you do lol

Talk about being pissy sloppy drunk, this grown ass man gets drunk and pisses himself.  Okay and that answer to the question as to why Monroe was driving a 2007 G6 is this.   His ass was strolling the city for crack hoes or his ass is a closet homo and was hanging in Ferndale.  Okay Ferndale residence and homos don't get all bent out of shape over my comments its just a theory he could have very well been hanging out in Huntington Woods which is a nice residential area with expensive homes but that car he was driving makes it suspect.

Clearly you wouldn't be cruising Woodward and Palmer Park area in your Bentley or Benz looking for he-she's or crack hoes and risk being robbed or identified.  

But why is this news now? why we're just learning about this so screw you media who likely had knowledge of this back in February.  I'm sure the team knew as well so there's the possibility that the team just leaked (pissed) this after Monroe decided to piss on them.  

Not only has his character taken a hit here with fans and perhaps with other teams in the league with how this free agency thing played out and how team mates might be looking at him knowing he's bailing on team and being a soft pussy (like Charmin Tissue). Now we can add being a pissy drunk to all the above.  

You'll never get this type of sh!t from Josh.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Will someone please explain to me...

Post  deusXango on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Jan 5, 2014; Auburn Hills, MI, USA; Detroit Pistons power forward Greg Monroe watches from the bench during the fourth quarter against the Memphis Grizzlies at The Palace of Auburn Hills. The Grizzlies won 112-84. Mandatory Credit: Tim Fuller-USA TODAY Sports

After being drafted as a center out of Georgetown and playing his first 3-years in the NBA as a center, how can an inept coach, who couldn't make it through his 1st season (50 games) miscast him as a PF and it sticks? Where was these PF skills exhibited? 15 points and 9 rebounds doesn't make a PF! Where's the agility, or the consistent above the rim play? Where's his lateral quickness or mid-range to outside shot? We talk him up for his "throwback" back to the basket play (old school center play), but call him a PF and say that Smith should be dumped when in all actuality, Drummond is his main competition for our starting center; with all the shortcomings I've pointed out, he makes a piss-poor "running" mate for Drummond as a PF.

Yeah, I won't let it rest....as long as dumb ass articles are written calling him a PF keep popping up....as long as there are fans with strong voices calling for Smith's head because we have Monroe (and Monroe doesn't want to play with Smith).....and as long as there is a possibility Monroe may be tapped by SVG to start at PF, I won't let it rest!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Add...

Post  Oracle on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
merc wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Fennis Dembo wrote:Oracle, thanks for the Charlie V update.  He probably has voodoo dolls of all the Mavericks.  In his next webisode he will be sticking pins in them and biting the heads off of chickens.  He'll have the juju and conjuring working  overtime. He's a voodoo child.   guitar
Voodoo? Maybe, but IMO, there HAD to be pictures involved to get anyone to sign Charlie lol
It would be our luck that CV has a breakout year... if this happens we'll need an exorcist. Kuester

And you all should need an exorcist because that could very well happen.  I said at the start of free agency that I would rather keep Charlie in a back up role to both Andre and Josh then keep Monroe at any cost because I know that if we stuck Charlie on the floor for 30 minutes we'll like get the same type of production.  Do you all really believe Monroe is a better defender than Charlie? Do you all believe that Charlie could put up 16pt if he played 30 minutes a night?  

The only thing Monroe might do better than Charlie given equal time on the floor is rebound. facepalm  So yeah that nightmare could come true.

See...now this is the difference between a well run franchise like the Dallas Mavericks, and our Detroit Pistons.  The Pistons paid Charlie V and average of $7.8 million a year for 4 years.  Dallas just signed the exact same player to the veteran's minimum.  lol

Stuckey to that equation as well!!! Just change Dallas to Indiana!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Charlie V

Post  Murph on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:45 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
merc wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Fennis Dembo wrote:Oracle, thanks for the Charlie V update.  He probably has voodoo dolls of all the Mavericks.  In his next webisode he will be sticking pins in them and biting the heads off of chickens.  He'll have the juju and conjuring working  overtime. He's a voodoo child.   guitar
Voodoo? Maybe, but IMO, there HAD to be pictures involved to get anyone to sign Charlie lol
It would be our luck that CV has a breakout year... if this happens we'll need an exorcist. Kuester

And you all should need an exorcist because that could very well happen.  I said at the start of free agency that I would rather keep Charlie in a back up role to both Andre and Josh then keep Monroe at any cost because I know that if we stuck Charlie on the floor for 30 minutes we'll like get the same type of production.  Do you all really believe Monroe is a better defender than Charlie? Do you all believe that Charlie could put up 16pt if he played 30 minutes a night?  

The only thing Monroe might do better than Charlie given equal time on the floor is rebound. facepalm  So yeah that nightmare could come true.

See...now this is the difference between a well run franchise like the Dallas Mavericks, and our Detroit Pistons. The Pistons paid Charlie V and average of $7.8 million a year for 4 years. Dallas just signed the exact same player to the veteran's minimum. lol
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A 2007 Pontiac G6???

Post  Murph on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:41 pm

You know what the most amazing thing is about that Greg Monroe suspension?...this sentence right here:

"The Detroit Free Press obtained court records that show Monroe, driving a silver 2007 Pontiac G6 northbound in Huntington Woods on Woodward near Concord about 2 a.m., was stopped on Feb. 13 for a defective headlight and arrested with a .09 blood-alcohol lever for operating while intoxicated, a charge that was later reduced to impaired driving."

What the heck was Greg Monroe doing driving a 2007 Pontiac G6? scratch I realize the man was on his rookie contract, but he could certainly afford a better ride than that.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Voodoo Child Running Wild, or Black Magic Man

Post  WTF on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 am

merc wrote:
Oracle wrote:

And you all should need an exorcist because that could very well happen. I said at the start of free agency that I would rather keep Charlie in a back up role to both Andre and Josh then keep Monroe at any cost because I know that if we stuck Charlie on the floor for 30 minutes we'll like get the same type of production. Do you all really believe Monroe is a better defender than Charlie? Do you all believe that Charlie could put up 16pt if he played 30 minutes a night?

The only thing Monroe might do better than Charlie given equal time on the floor is rebound. facepalm So yeah that nightmare could come true.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BTW

Post  Oracle on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:38 am

I really LOVED that Chris Paul comment on Chauncey!

What a great way to go out with that much respect!!!!!!!

But if you have time to watch this, you'll really see what we lost!!!

A GREAT one hangs up his 6 shooters!!!!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

From the Twitterverse...

Post  Oracle on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:35 am

Common White Girl  

The iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus

Chris Paul         @CP3
Follow
Welllll, let me start by saying that I usually don't get too emotional when it comes to former opponents or even teammates, but this one is a lil different! I was blessed and fortunate to be born with an amazing big brother who everyone knows already. But early in my career when I began to have what they call "NBA family", I was blessed with another big brother! In a league that's filled with fierce competition and unfortunately at times jealousy, a veteran guard took me under his wing and told me and showed me what it means to be a professional and to ALWAYS help the next guy coming up behind you. One of the highlights of my career was the night that I found out I would get to play along side of Chaunce! I could go on and on talkin about this guy but I'll end by saying THANK YOU BIG SHOT!!! And I would love to be there whenever the Hall of Fame Ceremony is! #MrBigShot #1 #ParkHill #Bbbbbbillups #MuchLove

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum