Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty OMG, DX is off his meds... again :)

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:40 pm

DX wrote:We've become too attached to mediocre, cheap players (most over paid), players who are looked at as either being "jack of all trades" but, not excelling in any particular area, or players who need molly coddling in order to perform....those will be the true challenges when it comes to removing them from the roster, not the new additions! Monroe, Jennings, Bynum, Jerebko, Singler, Mitchell, and Datome need to go.

Wow!!! You just recently spent many posts defending Datome and saying how he could help the team, and now he's trash that needs taking out???

You've defended Singler & JJ as well, maybe not as forcefully, but some, and now they're also useless  lol  lol  lol 

It's getting harder and harder to figure out what you really believe, and that's taking into account that people can, and do change their minds when new information is presented.

IMO, we could stand to lose Datome, and JJ too, but that's a harder decision.

But Singler? Seriously?

Singler may not be the one I would want to start at SF unless we can't get a better one, but Singler can put in time at both SG & SF off the bench, and besides his versitility, he does things that others don't!

Plus he cheap as hell, so why in the world would you want to get rid of him?

So other than Singler, I'm comfortable with losing the lot of them, but I'm still struggling with how you are flopping all over the place on these guys  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Why Monroe will be traded

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:10 pm

cool breeze wrote:Drummond has made it known to everyone that he wants his buddy back soon. What Drummond wants, Drummond will get. So it seems that the odd man out of the Big3 has to be Josh Smith or all three will return and the Pistons will flounder again with our inept point guards, Jennings and Bynum. I just can't believe that will happen. SVG is too smart to let that happen. Could it be that Stan has penciled in Siva as the Pistons starting point guard until Spencer is cleared to play? I could accept that plan as long as Jennings and Bynum are sitting on the bench.

Andre Drummond is the future of the Pistons but, he doesn't have the juice to make a call in finances like signing and keeping Monroe at all costs, right now. As far as friendship goes, Siva is the best friend Andre has on the team and he's more valuable to Drummonds development than Monroe; friendship doesn't seem to be a determining factor in whether or not Monroe wants to continue being a Piston (within or without reason). SVG has been in daily contact with Drummond and it's my unsubstantiated belief that during those conversations (in addition to what's expected of Andre) statements have been made to prepare Andre for the highly likely trading of Monroe, if he doesn't come in at a reasonable price, and given who his agent is, that makes the likelihood probable.

I don't think SVG has done all these little window dressing things and come under fire for them to simply flounder again without making some major adjustments to the Pistons starting lineup; no spacing, no reliable shooting, no brains in the engine, and no defense where it matters...on the perimeter and the interior. These areas will be fixed before the start of training camp. We've become too attached to mediocre, cheap players (most over paid), players who are looked at as either being "jack of all trades" but, not excelling in any particular area, or players who need molly coddling in order to perform....those will be the true challenges when it comes to removing them from the roster, not the new additions! Monroe, Jennings, Bynum, Jerebko, Singler, Mitchell, and Datome need to go. That's half the active roster but, they're not going to contribute to contending in the rising level of competition in the east! Liking these players to the point we can't let them go will cause us to continue to flounder! Monroe has reached his peak and his production is mehh! Jennings is a knucklehead and this goes back to coming out of high school....if he was all that, why are we saying give him another pass because Cheeks had him performing at the highest level of his career but, when Cheeks was let go he lost his mind. One can talk about how brilliant Singler is and how willing he's been playing out of position but, at his best he's just under average. Bynum is a side show who should never have been expected to lead the team, and the rest couldn't get off the bench. If you didn't see what you wanted in Orlando's SL know this, SVG is in Las Vegas and it's not for vacation purposes.

Don, I agree that Siva can lead this team until Mr. Dinwiddie is ready to go and that may take some time; it'll be important to have a team oriented PG running things instead of a selfish, shoot first PG. I remember D-Rose coming back, thinking he was ready, and re-injuring his knee; Spencer is not a victim of high flying antics but, he hurt his knee making a cut which is a vital part of his game in getting to the rim or finding an open man, so we must be patient while our backcourt comes together. That list of misfits should be enough to somehow put us in position to acquire that alpha dog SF.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Better to die in battle with a God than to live in shame...

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Oracle wrote:
lemonpen wrote:The EC may remain the weakest conference but it appears the Central Division is on the verge of becoming the toughest in the Association.  
LeBron, Miller and possibly Love ......... damn!!!
Rose, Noah and Gasol ......... damn !!!
If I'm Larry Bird I would look to see what it might take to pry Kobe away from Lakerland.

Developments over the last 30 hrs make Meeks, Martin & Gray look rather ummmm .............. meek.

The central has a long history of being a tough division to navigate, but while some see that as a curse, I see it as a blessing!

To beat the best you have to play and compete against the best! That's one of the reasons that the western conference is so tough, you either compete or you're done! That's why I quoted Rameses from the Ten Commandments!

Having said that, SVG made a decision early that may come back to haunt him! He wrongly assumed that he wouldn't have been competitive with 2nd tier stars, so he shot a big wad at Meeks that has hamstrung him since.

When the cap was raised, the amount of available money(~20M) should have been able to net us a solid starter and some additional shooters! In addition, summer league has proved to be a place where some on the cheap talent/shooters were illuminated!

He also has a roster problem, and we will need to lose head count to do anything else, and that's already assuming that Harrelson is gone!

IMO, he's probably going to have to drop Bynum, JJ and Mitchell just to add any other pieces. In short, IMO, SVG's plan had more available holes than a whore's convention and a gay bath house combined!

Good thing there are more than a few teams looking to fill low $$$ roster spots after loosing out in the James - Melo sweepstakes.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Hummmmm

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:15 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
“So tell us, if there was a playoff game tomorrow, could you play?”

Pistons rookie guard Spencer Dinwiddie had just excused himself from the practice floor Thursday for a break and stopped when he heard the question.

He paused. And then he smiled.

“I can’t tell ya,” he said.

The Pistons and Dinwiddie have been mysterious about his anterior cruciate ligament injury, making a point of not setting a timetable. But fans want to know what to expect of the 2014 second-round pick for the upcoming season.

No Vince Ellis fans don't want to know because it was already made clear by SVG they weren't setting a time table for his return. In fact SVG said lets just assume he doesn't play at all this year. DAMN! I hate the media!

How retarded must a fan be to sit here and wonder such a thing after being told directly by the coach there's no time table.  Forget that he's just a second round pick and not a lottery selection why would that be crucial information we need to know immediately as if this was a 3rd pick in the draft . PLEASE! Stop the Nonsense! and report on something worthwhile.  facepalm 

I'm patient enough to wait next season to see if this kid can play or not and rather see SVG bring him into the later rather than too freaking soon for his sake and the kid sake. God forbid all the dumb press if it's too soon.  So stop with the dumb crap and give us some skinny on what might happen with either Smith or Moose because regardless to what SVG say's publically that where all the mystery still remains.  

I swear we got some of the dumbest uninformed local media folks ever! WTF

Many believe that SD is talented well above his draft position. SVG's statement about Spencer being out for the year seemed to be more aimed at ending the conversation than being a sincere declaration. Being that 1 in every 10 posts here speaks to our need for improvement at PG, a few someones are hoping for encouraging news.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty PHX

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:01 pm

cool breeze wrote:The Suns have 3 guards unless I have missed a recent trade. Goran Dragic was one of the best point guards in the NBA last season. And Eric Bledsoe is also on the Phoenix roster. Detroit tried to get Thomas but couldn't make a deal with Sacramento but the Kings traded Thomas for the rights to the Suns 2nd round pick, Alex Orlakhi and a trade exception. The Suns have announced that they plan to match any offer for Bledsoe so it seems possible that either Dragic or Thomas will be involved in a trade. Could it be with the Pistons? Phoenix has had an interest in Greg Monroe for some time. But who would accept Jennings and Bynum? It seems impossible that any GM would take Jennings based on his play last season and his contract. The Phoenix Suns GM is one of the smartest in the business but there must be something more to this Thomas trade involving the Kings and another team.
The article I read quoted a Suns source revealing the intention of running a 3 guard offense.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Why Monroe won't be traded

Post  cool breeze Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Drummond has made it known to everyone that he wants his buddy back soon. What Drummond wants, Drummond will get. So it seems that the odd man out of the Big3 has to be Josh Smith or all three will return and the Pistons will flounder again with our inept point guards, Jennings and Bynum. I just can't believe that will happen. SVG is too smart to let that happen. Could it be that Stan has penciled in Siva as the Pistons starting point guard until Spencer is cleared to play? I could accept that plan as long as Jennings and Bynum are sitting on the bench.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Goran Dragic to Detroit? The Suns have something up their sleeve.

Post  cool breeze Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:40 pm

The Suns have 3 guards unless I have missed a recent trade. Goran Dragic was one of the best point guards in the NBA last season. And Eric Bledsoe is also on the Phoenix roster. Detroit tried to get Thomas but couldn't make a deal with Sacramento but the Kings traded Thomas for the rights to the Suns 2nd round pick, Alex Orlakhi and a trade exception. The Suns have announced that they plan to match any offer for Bledsoe so it seems possible that either Dragic or Thomas will be involved in a trade. Could it be with the Pistons? Phoenix has had an interest in Greg Monroe for some time. But who would accept Jennings and Bynum? It seems impossible that any GM would take Jennings based on his play last season and his contract. The Phoenix Suns GM is one of the smartest in the business but there must be something more to this Thomas trade involving the Kings and another team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Better to die in battle with a God than to live in shame...

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:32 pm

lemonpen wrote:The EC may remain the weakest conference but it appears the Central Division is on the verge of becoming the toughest in the Association.  
If I'm Larry Bird I would look to see what it might take to pry Kobe away from Lakerland.

Developments over the last 30 hrs make Meeks, Martin & Gray look rather ummmm .............. meek.

The central has a long history of being a tough division to navigate, but while some see that as a curse, I see it as a blessing!

To beat the best you have to play and compete against the best! That's one of the reasons that the western conference is so tough, you either compete or you're done! That's why I quoted Rameses from the Ten Commandments!

Having said that, SVG made a decision early that may come back to haunt him! He wrongly assumed that he wouldn't have been competitive with 2nd tier stars, so he shot a big wad at Meeks that has hamstrung him since.

When the cap was raised, the amount of available money(~20M) should have been able to net us a solid starter and some additional shooters! In addition, summer league has proved to be a place where some on the cheap talent/shooters were illuminated!

He also has a roster problem, and we will need to lose head count to do anything else, and that's already assuming that Harrelson is gone!

IMO, he's probably going to have to drop Bynum, JJ and Mitchell just to add any other pieces. In short, IMO, SVG's plan had more available holes than a whore's convention and a gay bath house combined!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Man O Man

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:06 pm

The EC may remain the weakest conference but it appears the Central Division is on the verge of becoming the toughest in the Association.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Free throw shooting ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:00 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Don wrote:Another disturbing thing that is bothering me is what Zeke said when he announced the Summer League games. He kept saying that this Piston team is loaded with talent. I know he is lying his ass off and almost every GM in the NBA knows that as well. But Zeke is loyal to the end with his brother, Joe Dumars. Or is it that he is now one of the owners and wants to sell some tickets? Whatever it is, Zeke is not telling the truth.

IMO, Zeke is telling the truth, and most of the time you agree! The problem with this team generally hasn't been the talent, but between the ears! They make more bone headed plays than anything else, and mostly depend on talent alone to win, and that won't work at the highest levels.

I thought this was interesting, and correct,

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/07/ask_david_reilluminating_the_d.html wrote:Smith shouldn't be blamed for all of last season. He also shouldn't be protected from it. Joe Dumars built the roster. He also hired Maurice Cheeks, whom owner Tom Gores fired as coach after 50 games. Cheeks badly mishandled Smith almost from the start. By the same token, Smith badly mishandled his role as the alpha male in a room full of young players.

Van Gundy may be exactly what Smith needs, a strong coach and figurehead. We'll see how it works, because if the big-three group stays together and doesn't start, there's a good chance the oldest one is the one coming off the bench. If so, we'll see how Smith adapts to it. If this coach doesn't like what he sees, both on the floor and in the locker room, he's empowered to send anyone packing.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out!
I hope it will more exciting but cannot buy into this team as constructed. No coach can turn around soft inept players into tough minded defensive minded players. We have a few players that SVG can reach including Smith, Drummond, Singler, KCP, Siva (if he is on the team) Meeks and the other two fringe players SVG just picked up. But as of now Jennings and Bynum are on the team. And I don't like Monroe's slow feet and lack of ability to show he is good enough to play in crunch time. And how many of our players lost games because they couldn't shoot free throws? Zeke didn't mention how our players with all this amazing talent will be able to improve at the line. Smith, Monroe and Drummond have a history of failing at the line. Or is the talent so great that the team can afford to keep missing at the line and still easily win games against the current playoff teams and Cleveland? No I see years ahead with this group doing the same thing - losing. One big man has to go.

cool, it is interesting that you continue to highlight the lack of free throw shooting by members of OUR current roster and the best free throw shooter from recent season's has not even been considered to return to the team: Rodney Stuckey (career 83%) and not only can he shoot free throws well, he gets to line at a frequent rate. Just saying.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Oracle wrote:
Don wrote:Another disturbing thing that is bothering me is what Zeke said when he announced the Summer League games. He kept saying that this Piston team is loaded with talent. I know he is lying his ass off and almost every GM in the NBA knows that as well. But Zeke is loyal to the end with his brother, Joe Dumars. Or is it that he is now one of the owners and wants to sell some tickets? Whatever it is, Zeke is not telling the truth.

IMO, Zeke is telling the truth, and most of the time you agree! The problem with this team generally hasn't been the talent, but between the ears! They make more bone headed plays than anything else, and mostly depend on talent alone to win, and that won't work at the highest levels.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/07/ask_david_reilluminating_the_d.html wrote:Smith shouldn't be blamed for all of last season. He also shouldn't be protected from it. Joe Dumars built the roster. He also hired Maurice Cheeks, whom owner Tom Gores fired as coach after 50 games. Cheeks badly mishandled Smith almost from the start. By the same token, Smith badly mishandled his role as the alpha male in a room full of young players.

Van Gundy may be exactly what Smith needs, a strong coach and figurehead. We'll see how it works, because if the big-three group stays together and doesn't start, there's a good chance the oldest one is the one coming off the bench. If so, we'll see how Smith adapts to it. If this coach doesn't like what he sees, both on the floor and in the locker room, he's empowered to send anyone packing.

I hope it will more exciting but cannot buy into this team as constructed. No coach can turn around soft inept players into tough minded defensive minded players. We have a few players that SVG can reach including Smith, Drummond, Singler, KCP, Siva (if he is on the team) Meeks and the other two fringe players SVG just picked up. But as of now Jennings and Bynum are on the team. And I don't like Monroe's slow feet and lack of ability to show he is good enough to play in crunch time. And how many of our players lost games because they couldn't shoot free throws? Zeke didn't mention how our players with all this amazing talent will be able to improve at the line. Smith, Monroe and Drummond have a history of failing at the line. Or is the talent so great that the team can afford to keep missing at the line and still easily win games against the current playoff teams and Cleveland? No I see years ahead with this group doing the same thing - losing. One big man has to go.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty SVG is not the pimp that I thought he would be ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:33 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Wait a damn minute. Another mother f@ckin' offer extended to a marginal, fringe player.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/7/10/5888035/anthony-tolliver-potentially-a-piston

What the hell is Stan Van Gundy doing?

SVG don't have the roster spots to sign another player and keep in mind this could be just for Training Camp purposes. Not uncommon that teams sign players to non-guaranteed deals and waive them right before preseason.   SVG can't make another move or meaningful signing until he trades someone.

You have to seriously stop looking for some major FA pickup to happen, nothing more is going to happen beyond the Meeks signing unless it's via a trade and that might not happen.  SVG already has to dump a contract and it's likely between Siva, Harrellson and Mitchell barring a pending trade.  

Yo, Wise, I thank you for your concern. My Pistons sanity has been extremely challenged, since July 1, no doubt.

But, you can't be content with the decision, thus far. Can you?

Stan Van Gundy has not been the pimp that I thought he would be. If he can flip Moose into someone promising, my perception would change, but resigning Moose and standing pat would not please me the least bit.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Oracle wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:So, who is going to be good in the Eastern Conference this year?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Heat will NOT go far in the playoffs

**Indy will be good again.

**Chicago will be HUGE if Melo is added, but his lack of defense may hurt in the long run.

Knicks?  PaaaLEASE!

Toronto?  Underdog

Hawks?  Nope

Charlotte?  Underdog

Boston/Brooklyn/Philly?  Nope

Milwaukee?  No

**Washington?  Maybe

Orlando?  probably not

Detroit?  Man, I truly hope so, but from what I have seen I'm not holding my breath.  I'll give SVG one year and then I'll expect A LOT!  I bet he came in with a 5 year plan that sold Gores.

We'll know more in a week or so, but I like our chances if we keep the 3 bigs!

IMO, Josh is about the only player that can defend LeBron without fear, and at least limit him somewhat(Prince used to hide).

But so much depends on the moves SVG still needs to make, and that's what will make of break our season!
Oracle I like the comment you made about Smith being able to guard Labron "without fear". That is funny but true. With all of Josh's faults, he does a reasonably good job defending or limiting Labron James. So with that said, if I had to pick one over the other relating the Moose or Smith, it is a no brainer that Smith makes the team better. Monroe seldom makes his team better.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:16 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Now that King James is out of the way, and Bosh has killed Houston dreams and LA have surrender its time for the real moves.  

I'm sorry I just can't buy into keeping all three (Josh, Monroe, Andre)  Sure I understand why many think it could work but every reasoning seemed be preceded by the word "If"  I'm confident in SVG, I'm confident with Drummond development, I confident with the signing of Meeks, I'm confident in what I saw with KCP,  I'm confident that Singler is a solid role player, I'm confident in Josh playing as he did in 09 and 2010, I might even have an ounce of confidence in Jennings.  What I'm not confident about is Moose's ass improving on any level (he's peaked)

Wisefan I agree with you as usual relating to Monroe. I believe we have so many bad players the Monroe story is the only story out there that has any interest at all relating to this sorry team. Notice our management couldn't even make a deal for Thomas who is going to the Suns for next to nothing. Joe Dumars has doomed this team for at least 2 more years of being cannon fodder for the rest of the league. Monroe is not a good player and any Piston fan who has bothered to actually watch the games last season would know that. Last season was the season where Monroe had to show his best game. And it turned out that Monroe still couldn't play defense at all. He is so horrible on a horrible team that he had to sit the bench in crunch time because two different head coaches couldn't trust him on defense or offense. Some fans are believing that Monroe is the Second Coming but game film still tells the truth. While the strength of this team might be the front line, that means next to nothing because our back court is really bad and our point guards are by far the worst players in the league. 

So what can the story line be to draw interest from potential fans? Will Greg Monroe please sign with Detroit. PLEASE DO it FOR US GREG. It is OK if you don't give an honest effort in most games. Keep doing that for 5 more years PLEASE. 

This Piston team turns my stomach and I can't believe all Piston fans are not upset with our players. Please remember that game last spring that says it all about this group of fakers. Zeke stands up and tries to get the fans motivated at halftime. But really he is hoping that the players have a spark and will be excited to play after watching the Bad Boys be celebrated on the Palace court. But instead our players including Greg Monroe, Josh Smith and A. Drummond just went through the motions while the Heat took that Piston team apart completely embarrassing them in front of that large crowd. And to me those players didn't look like they felt anything. It was just another game of the season and another pay day. I believe SVG has no idea what he has in store for himself when training camp begins. He has picked up a bunch of fringe players without addressing who was responsible for all those loses last year and the previous year. What are Greg's plans? I could care less. We have no number one draft pick to get excited about. Thanks again Tom Gores. We have few players who can play defense at all. Most of the starters looked like they didn't want to be on the court in the 1st quarter of most games in December, January and Feb. Please look at the game film Stan! You will see that trait clearly. 

Another disturbing thing that is bothering me is what Zeke said when he announced the Summer League games. He kept saying that this Piston team is loaded with talent. I know he is lying his ass off and almost every GM in the NBA knows that as well. But Zeke is loyal to the end with his brother, Joe Dumars. Or is it that he is now one of the owners and wants to sell some tickets? Whatever it is, Zeke is not telling the truth. That Big 3 lineup with get their asses kicked this coming year just like last season. They will likely hurt the team with their terrible free throw shooting again as well. So the big story line is will Greg stay or will he go. And what about Spencer Dinwiddie? Will he play or not this season? How exciting can it get? I don't see too many fans lining up to buy Piston tickets regardless of this nonsense.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty WTF It Never Ends part 3

Post  WTF Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:35 pm

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

Pistons rookie guard Spencer Dinwiddie had just excused himself from the practice floor Thursday for a break and stopped when he heard the question.

The Pistons and Dinwiddie have been mysterious about his anterior cruciate ligament injury, making a point of not setting a timetable. But fans want to know what to expect of the 2014 second-round pick for the upcoming season.

No Vince Ellis fans don't want to know because it was already made clear by SVG they weren't setting a time table for his return. In fact SVG said lets just assume he doesn't play at all this year. DAMN! I hate the media!

How retarded must a fan be to sit here and wonder such a thing after being told directly by the coach there's no time table.  Forget that he's just a second round pick and not a lottery selection why would that be crucial information we need to know immediately as if this was a 3rd pick in the draft . PLEASE! Stop the Nonsense! and report on something worthwhile.  facepalm 

I'm patient enough to wait next season to see if this kid can play or not and rather see SVG bring him into the later rather than too freaking soon for his sake and the kid sake. God forbid all the dumb press if it's too soon.  So stop with the dumb crap and give us some skinny on what might happen with either Smith or Moose because regardless to what SVG say's publically that where all the mystery still remains.  

Vince Ellis had no damn reason asking that question, if he was the one, but something more relevant as to how he was settling in, or what was his feelings about Detroit, or how his new team mates have received him; anything for the news hungry fan base and enough to satisfy the editors but, to ask questions that'd sabotage the teams stated efforts is not responsible reporting!

I want to know what's happening on the Monroe front....this is the quietest kept max contract, FA signing I've ever heard of, or is he really worthy of a max contract? How come reporters aren't camped out at David Falk's doorstep asking questions about our favorite son? Where's the justification of ignoring a talked about max player but, making an issue over a second round pick on a gimpy knee? When will we start getting some in depth analysis on Jennings and when will "sources" start leaking trade talk about this guy (ala "Monroe don't want to play with Josh Smith")? I'd find that news worthy. I'd also be interested in knowing where Bynum's ass is, and what's his story for not meeting or contacting SVG? I mean Chicago ain't that far from Detroit. Why are our two defenseless guards being defended by cloaking them in secrecy? The local media seems to be clearly a fickle lot.

What's going to happen with the remainder of the CAP money and will the teams need to upgrade the SF position be addressed? If the Big 3 rotation is to work won't we need a devastating wing to play alongside them? Why isn't someone in this ever expanding "hive mind" of an administration being put on the spot for answers that matter? Am I making sense to anyone or do y'all think I'm just giving Wise a pat on the back?

DX, Correct no local media should be asking that question of SVG, Dinwiddie or anyone else and Vince is an asshole for even putting in an article rather he asked it or not. There is so much more these dumb ass should be looking at. How about he fly to Atlanta and talk with Josh, or Chicago and talk with Bynum. Hell talk with Meeks but don't ask or report on something that been address as no comment.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Sebastian My Man Calm Down

Post  WTF Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Sebastian wrote:Wait a damn minute. Another mother f@ckin' offer extended to a marginal, fringe player.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/7/10/5888035/anthony-tolliver-potentially-a-piston

SVG don't have the roster spots to sign another player and keep in mind this could be just for Training Camp purposes. Not uncommon that teams sign players to non-guaranteed deals and waive them right before preseason. SVG can't make another move or meaningful signing until he trades someone.

You have to seriously stop looking for some major FA pickup to happen, nothing more is going to happen beyond the Meeks signing unless it's via a trade and that might not happen. SVG already has to dump a contract and it's likely between Siva, Harrellson and Mitchell barring a pending trade.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty There Been Few Speculating That

Post  WTF Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:20 pm

deusXango wrote:Matt Dery @dery1051 about 11 hours ago

Two NBA execs tell me they feel Monroe won't get the max. Teams looking for stretch 4s right now. Both think he will be a Piston this yr.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/detroit_pistons#ixzz37GiQzBOc

This is all I could find on Monroe's FA status.....strange.

These are not the only 2 thinking this same thing.

Watching ESPN Sports Nation and Numbers Never Lie there is tons of speculation that he won't receive a max offer and a lot of belief that he's not worth one and this included a lot of fans based on the numbers from both shows. The only one that's putting that much stock in Moose value are of course are Homers like Sour Pee Boy.

I've been saying for the longest he isn't worth a max deal in fact he's not even a fit for this team. I believe the 5yr 60 million deal SVG put out there was to so other team how high he's willing to go in setting the stage for a sign and trade. IMO SVG really don't want to saddle himself with that offer he made to Moose, some pundits think that's too high. I personally think it should be in the range of what Lowery got with Toronto.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty I didn't say it

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Matt Dery @dery1051 about 11 hours ago

Two NBA execs tell me they feel Monroe won't get the max. Teams looking for stretch 4s right now. Both think he will be a Piston this yr.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/detroit_pistons#ixzz37GiQzBOc

This is all I could find on Monroe's FA status.....strange.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Anthony Tolliver potentially a Piston?

Post  Sebastian Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Wait a damn minute. Another mother f@ckin' offer extended to a marginal, fringe player.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty WTF It Never Ends part 2

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:15 am

WISEFAN wrote:

Vince Ellis had no damn reason asking that question, if he was the one, but something more relevant as to how he was settling in, or what was his feelings about Detroit, or how his new team mates have received him; anything for the news hungry fan base and enough to satisfy the editors but, to ask questions that'd sabotage the teams stated efforts is not responsible reporting!

I want to know what's happening on the Monroe front....this is the quietest kept max contract, FA signing I've ever heard of, or is he really worthy of a max contract? How come reporters aren't camped out at David Falk's doorstep asking questions about our favorite son? Where's the justification of ignoring a talked about max player but, making an issue over a second round pick on a gimpy knee? When will we start getting some in depth analysis on Jennings and when will "sources" start leaking trade talk about this guy (ala "Monroe don't want to play with Josh Smith")? I'd find that news worthy. I'd also be interested in knowing where Bynum's ass is, and what's his story for not meeting or contacting SVG? I mean Chicago ain't that far from Detroit. Why are our two defenseless guards being defended by cloaking them in secrecy? The local media seems to be clearly a fickle lot.

What's going to happen with the remainder of the CAP money and will the teams need to upgrade the SF position be addressed? If the Big 3 rotation is to work won't we need a devastating wing to play alongside them? Why isn't someone in this ever expanding "hive mind" of an administration being put on the spot for answers that matter? Am I making sense to anyone or do y'all think I'm just giving Wise a pat on the back?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty WTF It Never Ends

Post  WTF Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:43 am

How retarded must a fan be to sit here and wonder such a thing after being told directly by the coach there's no time table. Forget that he's just a second round pick and not a lottery selection why would that be crucial information we need to know immediately as if this was a 3rd pick in the draft . PLEASE! Stop the Nonsense! and report on something worthwhile.  facepalm 

I'm patient enough to wait next season to see if this kid can play or not and rather see SVG bring him into the later rather than too freaking soon for his sake and the kid sake. God forbid all the dumb press if it's too soon. So stop with the dumb crap and give us some skinny on what might happen with either Smith or Moose because regardless to what SVG say's publically that where all the mystery still remains.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty RE: T.Jones

Post  Phil-Good Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:35 am

Well now we know it's not going to happen. Bosh is staying in Miami. Houston does have the cap money but I don't believe they will give away Jones unless Melo joins them and i don't see that going down. And they going to match the Mavs offer so it's A wrap on T.Jones.

The Pistons might be able to get they hands on 1 more good player before Greg Monroe gets his new 5 year deal with Detroit. But with Lebron coming back to the Central and Melo possible coming aboard as well, It's almost A guarantee Detroit will match any offer Monroe gets now.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Teams That Are Moose Hunting

Post  WTF Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:24 pm

1. Cleveland
2. Atlanta
3. Miami
4. New York
5. Boston
6. LA
7. Orlando
8. Minnesota
9. Portland

All 9 of these team are going to contact SVG or extend offers to Moose some time next week if they haven already. GOOD HUNTING!

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Finally!!!! Teams Can Now Get Down To The Business At Hand

Post  WTF Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Now that King James is out of the way, and Bosh has killed Houston dreams and LA have surrender its time for the real moves.

I'm sorry I just can't buy into keeping all three (Josh, Monroe, Andre) Sure I understand why many think it could work but every reasoning seemed be preceded by the word "If" I'm confident in SVG, I'm confident with Drummond development, I confident with the signing of Meeks, I'm confident in what I saw with KCP, I'm confident that Singler is a solid role player, I'm confident in Josh playing as he did in 09 and 2010, I might even have an ounce of confidence in Jennings. What I'm not confident about is Moose's ass improving on any level (he's peaked)

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next