FORUM

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monroe

Post  Oracle on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:40 pm

WISEFAN wrote:If I'm SVG or ownership here's what would happen when the season starts 1. His ass is regulated to being the one that comes off the bench and not at starter minutes period.  2. I'll trade his ass at first opportunity in so if I choose not to keep him he'll be playing for the Timberwolves before the season begins.  Told you all we should have traded his ass last summer. - For what? That's crazy talk, he made no money, and we trade a 60M player for 4M, which would have made us STUPID!

SVG already has a chip on his shoulder and if Falk and Monroe screws him or try to by signing that qualifying offer Moose might spend the entire season getting DPN-CD.  So when his product drops to half of what it is now lets see how many max offers come in next summer.

Slow down folks! Has anyone heard of management asking a baseball player to sacrifice some of his salary so that the team could win? It's mildly asked in the NFL, but it's rare. But in basketball, it's asked way too often!

F#ck the owners, Monroe should use any device at his disposal to squeeze as much cash out of these dudes as possible, then once the dust settles, fulfill whatever contract he negotiates.

Like lemonpen said, I'm cool with any outcome, and like Wise said, let's serve up some punishment if we don't like the result or the process, but let it play out.

As a fan I don't like it, but times have changed and this is business, but it's also business if we don't like it and decide to trade his ass ASAP after signing him to whatever.

But one thing is clear to me, and likely Monroe! These owners & GM's are nobody's friends, so let's not view the players negotiating for their best interest as evil.

It's when either side abuses the process that problems exist, and IMO, Monroe is close to that line, but he hasn't crossed it yet!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Signings and Non Signings I'm Proud Of

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:27 pm

No doubt big kudos to James for going back to Cleveland as I said this move so good on so many levels and provides a win-win IMO for everyone even for Miami they just don't realize it just yet. Hated that it took as long as it did to happen because it held up so many other things playing out during free agency. Thumbs Up Mr. James

The non-signing honor goes out to Mr. Aldridge because I have so much respect for how he handle not signing the extension with the Blazers with both honesty and professionalism which is rare these days. He took out all of the guess work about his intention and he made that clear to the Blazers, the fans and for sure the media though they'll find 80 different ways to spend it into something other than what he meant. He committed to the franchise by verbally saying he has every intention on staying and said this is where he wants to be while making a business decision in not signing now. You just simply have to respect that IMO.

On the flipside not all that please with Carmelo or Bosh but it's clearly their decision, but I don't want to here either whining about not being able to win especially Carmelo just shut up and play for your money clearly playing for a championship is not your choice because you the three teams that you passed on will win titles before New York will and that includes the Lakers.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lets Say Moose Signs Qualifying Offer

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:55 am

If I'm SVG or ownership here's what would happen when the season starts 1. His ass is regulated to being the one that comes off the bench and not at starter minutes period.  2. I'll trade his ass at first opportunity in so if I choose not to keep him he'll be playing for the Timberwolves before the season begins.  Told you all we should have traded his ass last summer.

SVG already has a chip on his shoulder and if Falk and Monroe screws him or try to by signing that qualifying offer Moose might spend the entire season getting DPN-CD. So when his product drops to half of what it is now lets see how many max offers come in next summer.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe

Post  deusXango on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:55 am

Sparma wrote:David Mayo's spot on, in my view, in his mlive essay "Stall raises questions...."  I agree, for one thing, that the stall itself constitutes evidence at this point of the Falk-Monroe thinking.

The one point on which I disagree is that Mayo says something like the Pistons have insisted all options are under control.   In fact, I found it striking that SVG (was it in a Goodwill story?) strikes a Stoic pose, saying he's comfortable with all of the options which are under the team's control and (b) he's not going to worry about what's not under their control.

What's not under control would be the signing of the qualifying offer.  In addition, arguably, the semi-forcing by Falk of a sign and trade if leaving as an uncompensated, unrestricted, free agent is used as real leverage would leave the team with no genuine alternative, assuming a decent return could be had (eg from Phoenix?).

David Falk has named the game and it's called "hardball;" live with the consequences. If Monroe signs the Q.O. then he's marked himself to be the big to come off the bench in SVG's projected rotation. We all know that Drummond brings more to the center position than Monroe and not only does Smith bring more to the PF position but, he shouldn't be playing behind a $5.5 million player at his salary! Once Monroe loses SVG's trust to be a force at the end of games (like he's done with more than one coach) and a none starter to boot, how will he justify looking for a max deal next summer? The logical question is, will he fire Falk? This proposed Q.O. signing can backfire very easily on Monroe because once he signs it, he and the Pistons are "married" for the duration of the season; SVG wouldn't be mean if he brought Monroe off the bench, but practical.

Sparma, you're right, the signing of the Q.O. is not under the teams control but, the signing will certainly spin Monroe's financial future out of his control. In order for this signing to work in his favor, he'd suddenly have to magically become twice the player he's been....a Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge type player. It's been discussed that he had untapped potential and room to grow, well now's the time to prove it; I hope he does but, I don't think he will.


Last edited by deusXango on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe

Post  lemonpen on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:25 am

Sparma wrote:David Mayo's spot on, in my view, in his mlive essay "Stall raises questions...."  I agree, for one thing, that the stall itself constitutes evidence at this point of the Falk-Monroe thinking.

The one point on which I disagree is that Mayo says something like the Pistons have insisted all options are under control.   In fact, I found it striking that SVG (was it in a Goodwill story?) strikes a Stoic pose, saying he's comfortable with all of the options which are under the team's control and (b) he's not going to worry about what's not under their control.

What's not under control would be the signing of the qualifying offer.  In addition, arguably, the semi-forcing by Falk of a sign and trade if leaving as an uncompensated, unrestricted, free agent is used as real leverage would leave the team with no genuine alternative, assuming a decent return could be had (eg from Phoenix?).

I'm perfectly comfortable with all of the outcomes.  How about you.  If Moose accepts the QO I say move his arse B4 the trade deadline for all we can get.  And if he winds up in a NBA armpit I'm happier.  If he stays, develop a 1-2 punch with Andre.  If it is to be a S&T just don't come up empty or with assets that take long to produce.
avatar
lemonpen

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-12-27
Location : Southfield, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Minor Breaking News: Pierce to Wizards

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:24 am

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:Report: Pierce joining Wizards on 2-year deal

Is there enough left in the tank to have been a significant help to us.  Gotta wonder if this is a SVG whiff.

I mentioned 2 weeks ago we should try to sign Pierce solely because he'll bring experience and leadership the team needs even if his production is below his career average. Just not sure he would wanted to come here so I wouldn't call this a SVG whiffing
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:19 am

Sparma wrote:David Mayo's spot on, in my view, in his mlive essay "Stall raises questions...."  I agree, for one thing, that the stall itself constitutes evidence at this point of the Falk-Monroe thinking.

The one point on which I disagree is that Mayo says something like the Pistons have insisted all options are under control.   In fact, I found it striking that SVG (was it in a Goodwill story?) strikes a Stoic pose, saying he's comfortable with all of the options which are under the team's control and (b) he's not going to worry about what's not under their control.

What's not under control would be the signing of the qualifying offer.  In addition, arguably, the semi-forcing by Falk of a sign and trade if leaving as an uncompensated, unrestricted, free agent is used as real leverage would leave the team with no genuine alternative, assuming a decent return could be had (eg from Phoenix?).

What I'm getting from the article and this game being played is that Monroe doesn't want to be here period (max deal or not). I do think that SVG and the Pistons hold all the cards because signing the qualifying offer of 5.5 doesn't guarantee him a max deal next summer. No teams are offering up a max deal now and it has very little to do with the potential of us matching, they simply don't think he's worth it.

Pistons put 5yrs and 60 million on the table which more than what he's worth so the only thing he could be waiting on is to be signed and traded because he doesn't want be here. I think we're better off without him so Falk can keep selling him on the idea he's worth max dollars. I hope he's dumb enough to sign the qualifying offer and see how that works out for this season and next.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Minor Breaking News: Pierce to Wizards

Post  lemonpen on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:00 am

Oracle wrote:Report: Pierce joining Wizards on 2-year deal

Is there enough left in the tank to have been a significant help to us. Gotta wonder if this is a SVG whiff.
avatar
lemonpen

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-12-27
Location : Southfield, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe

Post  Sparma on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:31 am

David Mayo's spot on, in my view, in his mlive essay "Stall raises questions...." I agree, for one thing, that the stall itself constitutes evidence at this point of the Falk-Monroe thinking.

The one point on which I disagree is that Mayo says something like the Pistons have insisted all options are under control. In fact, I found it striking that SVG (was it in a Goodwill story?) strikes a Stoic pose, saying he's comfortable with all of the options which are under the team's control and (b) he's not going to worry about what's not under their control.

What's not under control would be the signing of the qualifying offer. In addition, arguably, the semi-forcing by Falk of a sign and trade if leaving as an uncompensated, unrestricted, free agent is used as real leverage would leave the team with no genuine alternative, assuming a decent return could be had (eg from Phoenix?).
avatar
Sparma

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yes you right Oracle. These guys flip like the witness protection program

Post  Phil1980boy on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:47 am

I say don't panic. I like hard working, smart, skill guys. Singler, Monroe, Drummonds, KCP if he gets his head right and can find his NBA game, and J.J. are all smart, good NBA players.

Van Gundy has added system guys in Meeks, Martin and Gray. If Van Gundy can find A real NBA point guard with some size and dump Jennings or Josh Smith, i can live with the team as is.


You never know who might become available in the future.....
avatar
Phil1980boy

Posts : 801
Join date : 2012-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Wouldn't Mind but.............

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:07 am

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:Oracle, we all wishing for G.D. we have no facts but we do have hope and wishful thinking.

But the Suns can't keep Thomas:27 Million, Bledose: Max deal, and G.D. 7.5 Million.

I'm not saying they can't pull it off but that's A lot of cash for the PG position. sure you can move Bledsoe over to the 2guard but Thomas and G.D. will combine for about 15 million at pg next season.

Somebody will not be happy at the end of the day.

Something has to give in Phoenix but also here as well. Jennings and Bynum are issues on our end.  IMO we need to be focusing on a SF since all these hope is being placed on Dinwiddie.

Luol Deng anyone? Two years @ $20 mill?

He was asking for 13 million a season and Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta. Miami and the Lakers are looking to sign him as well.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:01 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:Oracle, we all wishing for G.D. we have no facts but we do have hope and wishful thinking.

But the Suns can't keep Thomas:27 Million, Bledose: Max deal, and G.D. 7.5 Million.

I'm not saying they can't pull it off but that's A lot of cash for the PG position. sure you can move Bledsoe over to the 2guard but Thomas and G.D. will combine for about 15 million at pg next season.

Somebody will not be happy at the end of the day.

Something has to give in Phoenix but also here as well. Jennings and Bynum are issues on our end.  IMO we need to be focusing on a SF since all these hope is being placed on Dinwiddie.

Luol Deng anyone? Two years @ $20 mill?
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

They Also Drafted 2 PG In This Year Draft

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:56 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Oracle, we all wishing for G.D. we have no facts but we do have hope and wishful thinking.

But the Suns can't keep Thomas:27 Million, Bledose: Max deal, and G.D. 7.5 Million.

I'm not saying they can't pull it off but that's A lot of cash for the PG position. sure you can move Bledsoe over to the 2guard but Thomas and G.D. will combine for about 15 million at pg next season.

Somebody will not be happy at the end of the day.

Something has to give in Phoenix but also here as well. Jennings and Bynum are issues on our end. IMO we need to be focusing on a SF since all these hope is being placed on Dinwiddie.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:52 am

Is anyone other than Don and myself high on Nick Johnson? I mean high to the point that SVG try to weedle him away from Houston? I'm still calling for a guard corps of KCP, Siva, Johnson, Mr. Dinwiddie, and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks....unproven but, I expect they'll be one hell of a group for us if SVG could swing it for us.

Sebastian, great call on Bynum for Tony Snell....didn't think many people were up on how fierce this guy is as a player.


Last edited by deusXango on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LOL!

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:51 am

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:
DX wrote:We've become too attached to mediocre, cheap players (most over paid), players who are looked at as either being "jack of all trades" but, not excelling in any particular area, or players who need molly coddling in order to perform....those will be the true challenges when it comes to removing them from the roster, not the new additions! Monroe, Jennings, Bynum, Jerebko, Singler, Mitchell, and Datome need to go.


Wow!!! You just recently spent many posts defending Datome and saying how he could help the team, and now he's trash that needs taking out???

You've defended Singler & JJ as well, maybe not as forcefully, but some, and now they're also useless  lol  lol  lol 

It's getting harder and harder to figure out what you really believe, and that's taking into account that people can, and do change their minds when new information is presented.

IMO, we could stand to lose Datome, and JJ too, but that's a harder decision.

But Singler? Seriously?

Singler may not be the one I would want to start at SF unless we can't get a better one, but Singler can put in time at both SG & SF off the bench, and besides his versitility, he does things that others don't!

Plus he cheap as hell, so why in the world would you want to get rid of him?

So other than Singler, I'm comfortable with losing the lot of them, but I'm still struggling with how you are flopping all over the place on these guys  lol

Yes Oracle, I'm off my meds....that's as close as I dare come to getting high.  lol It was only yesterday that I was campaigning for Singler to start at SF and I still feel Datome got a raw deal last year, in spite of what the stats say, but the biggest tragedy is how Jerebko was treated after his surgery....I favored those guys and wanted them in a Pistons uniform but, times have changed and I'm going to remind you of something else I said:
"Monroe, Jennings, Bynum, Jerebko, Singler, Mitchell, and Datome need to go. That's half the active roster but, they're not going to contribute to contending in the rising level of competition in the east! Liking these players to the point we can't let them go will cause us to continue to flounder!"
This sh!t is real and to roll the dice, starting with a bunch of "jack of all trades" second rounder's, on a five year plan that may not work is a bad start for me. Whomever wants to argue against me on the point that we need a stronger frontline (PF and SF) and a high I.Q. PG is welcome to; these type of quality players falling out of the sky or some GM giving us quality for one or two of our trash players has as much chance of happening as a flock of Blue birds flying out of Van Gundy's ass.

Drummond is learning and I believe at a rapid pace, Smith is however, a stop gap measure; he's good enough to hold down the 4 until an upgrade comes along but, we don't have a starting SF to compliment the skillsets of Drummond and Smith....we're kidding ourselves if we think Singler's the answer, regardless of his contract. Because of all the things Don gives Singler credit for and his low budget contract, it may take all of those considerations to move an overpriced player like Jennings but, only if Singler is included. If we could get Bledsoe in a sign & trade for Jennings and Singler, you wouldn't do it? That's just one scenario to upgrade a position of need and clear a roster spot. We've got a bench forming but, we need starters! Young stud starters.

The demands of a strong team that has chemistry in order to compete in our conference has gone up 3X's....we weren't sh!t for the last five years and the last two in particular have set the bar so low we've forgotten just what's required to contend....for five years we've followed a GM's lead who favored mediocre players who had potential, potential that never materialized for us. Over time we fell in love with these players because they represented our home team and made the mistake Oracle accused me of, being hopeful....as a reward our hopes were dashed, at least that's what the record shows.

I share Sebastian's sentiments, it's time for SVG to be the pimp and not the b!tch....the demands to reach the 8th spot for the playoffs has been ratcheted up considerably and pussy footing around 'cause of emotional attachments to certain players will continue doom us.

DX, I agree that many of the players you mention should be traded and I also agree that many have these false illusions about the 2nd round picks on this team. When the team won back in 2004 how many second picks did we have on the team contributing l mean really contributing every player outside of Ben who wasn't drafted at all were lottery picks or selected in the first round and freaking winners while in college.

The only reason I don't add Siva to the list is because of where he played and I give that same cred to Singler so I would like to keep these 2. Moose is a loser and likely will always be a loser. IMO

I have no hopes whatsoever in all these 2nd round hopefuls. That's that bullshit dream of Joe's that many can't seem t let go of.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE

Post  Phil1980boy on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:40 am

Oracle, we all wishing for G.D. we have no facts but we do have hope and wishful thinking.

But the Suns can't keep Thomas:27 Million, Bledose: Max deal, and G.D. 7.5 Million.

I'm not saying they can't pull it off but that's A lot of cash for the PG position. sure you can move Bledsoe over to the 2guard but Thomas and G.D. will combine for about 15 million at pg next season.

Somebody will not be happy at the end of the day.
avatar
Phil1980boy

Posts : 801
Join date : 2012-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

That's the thing about editing and publishing

Post  deusXango on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:33 am

Oracle wrote:
DX wrote:We've become too attached to mediocre, cheap players (most over paid), players who are looked at as either being "jack of all trades" but, not excelling in any particular area, or players who need molly coddling in order to perform....those will be the true challenges when it comes to removing them from the roster, not the new additions! Monroe, Jennings, Bynum, Jerebko, Singler, Mitchell, and Datome need to go.


Wow!!! You just recently spent many posts defending Datome and saying how he could help the team, and now he's trash that needs taking out???

You've defended Singler & JJ as well, maybe not as forcefully, but some, and now they're also useless  lol  lol  lol 

It's getting harder and harder to figure out what you really believe, and that's taking into account that people can, and do change their minds when new information is presented.

IMO, we could stand to lose Datome, and JJ too, but that's a harder decision.

But Singler? Seriously?

Singler may not be the one I would want to start at SF unless we can't get a better one, but Singler can put in time at both SG & SF off the bench, and besides his versitility, he does things that others don't!

Plus he cheap as hell, so why in the world would you want to get rid of him?

So other than Singler, I'm comfortable with losing the lot of them, but I'm still struggling with how you are flopping all over the place on these guys  lol

Yes Oracle, I'm off my meds....that's as close as I dare come to getting high.  lol It was only yesterday that I was campaigning for Singler to start at SF and I still feel Datome got a raw deal last year, in spite of what the stats say, but the biggest tragedy is how Jerebko was treated after his surgery....I favored those guys and wanted them in a Pistons uniform but, times have changed and I'm going to remind you of something else I said:
"Monroe, Jennings, Bynum, Jerebko, Singler, Mitchell, and Datome need to go. That's half the active roster but, they're not going to contribute to contending in the rising level of competition in the east! Liking these players to the point we can't let them go will cause us to continue to flounder!"
This sh!t is real and to roll the dice, starting with a bunch of "jack of all trades" second rounder's, on a five year plan that may not work is a bad start for me. Whomever wants to argue against me on the point that we need a stronger frontline (PF and SF) and a high I.Q. PG is welcome to; these type of quality players falling out of the sky or some GM giving us quality for one or two of our trash players has as much chance of happening as a flock of Blue birds flying out of Van Gundy's ass.

Drummond is learning and I believe at a rapid pace, Smith is however, a stop gap measure; he's good enough to hold down the 4 until an upgrade comes along but, we don't have a starting SF to compliment the skillsets of Drummond and Smith....we're kidding ourselves if we think Singler's the answer, regardless of his contract. Because of all the things Don gives Singler credit for and his low budget contract, it may take all of those considerations to move an overpriced player like Jennings but, only if Singler is included. If we could get Bledsoe in a sign & trade for Jennings and Singler, you wouldn't do it? That's just one scenario to upgrade a position of need and clear a roster spot. We've got a bench forming but, we need starters! Young stud starters.

The demands of a strong team that has chemistry in order to compete in our conference has gone up 3X's....we weren't sh!t for the last five years and the last two in particular have set the bar so low we've forgotten just what's required to contend....for five years we've followed a GM's lead who favored mediocre players who had potential, potential that never materialized for us. Over time we fell in love with these players because they represented our home team and made the mistake Oracle accused me of, being hopeful....as a reward our hopes were dashed, at least that's what the record shows.

I share Sebastian's sentiments, it's time for SVG to be the pimp and not the b!tch....the demands to reach the 8th spot for the playoffs has been ratcheted up considerably and pussy footing around 'cause of emotional attachments to certain players will continue doom us.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lemonpen

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:27 am

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
“So tell us, if there was a playoff game tomorrow, could you play?”

Pistons rookie guard Spencer Dinwiddie had just excused himself from the practice floor Thursday for a break and stopped when he heard the question.

He paused. And then he smiled.

“I can’t tell ya,” he said.

The Pistons and Dinwiddie have been mysterious about his anterior cruciate ligament injury, making a point of not setting a timetable. But fans want to know what to expect of the 2014 second-round pick for the upcoming season.

No Vince Ellis fans don't want to know because it was already made clear by SVG they weren't setting a time table for his return. In fact SVG said lets just assume he doesn't play at all this year. DAMN! I hate the media!

How retarded must a fan be to sit here and wonder such a thing after being told directly by the coach there's no time table.  Forget that he's just a second round pick and not a lottery selection why would that be crucial information we need to know immediately as if this was a 3rd pick in the draft . PLEASE! Stop the Nonsense! and report on something worthwhile.  facepalm 

I'm patient enough to wait next season to see if this kid can play or not and rather see SVG bring him into the later rather than too freaking soon for his sake and the kid sake. God forbid all the dumb press if it's too soon.  So stop with the dumb crap and give us some skinny on what might happen with either Smith or Moose because regardless to what SVG say's publically that where all the mystery still remains.  

I swear we got some of the dumbest uninformed local media folks ever! WTF

Many believe that SD is talented well above his draft position.  SVG's statement about Spencer being out for the year seemed to be more aimed at ending the conversation than being a sincere declaration.  Being that 1 in every 10 posts here speaks to our need for improvement at PG, a few someones are hoping for encouraging news.

lemon, it would be wonderful if Dinwiddie could be ready sooner but it still remains a pointless question considering it already been answered rather it's a spin or not. SVG instructed him not to answer that question so they need to stop asking the kid hoping that he slips up and answer they should not be putting him in that position ITS WRONG. They're not asking SVG and Kander that dumb ass question repeatedly and Dinwiddie has no say, he'll play when SVG decides he'll play.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: SVG is not the pimp that I thought he would be ...

Post  WTF on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:10 am

Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Wait a damn minute. Another mother f@ckin' offer extended to a marginal, fringe player.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/7/10/5888035/anthony-tolliver-potentially-a-piston

What the hell is Stan Van Gundy doing?

SVG don't have the roster spots to sign another player and keep in mind this could be just for Training Camp purposes. Not uncommon that teams sign players to non-guaranteed deals and waive them right before preseason.   SVG can't make another move or meaningful signing until he trades someone.

You have to seriously stop looking for some major FA pickup to happen, nothing more is going to happen beyond the Meeks signing unless it's via a trade and that might not happen.  SVG already has to dump a contract and it's likely between Siva, Harrellson and Mitchell barring a pending trade.  

Yo, Wise, I thank you for your concern. My Pistons sanity has been extremely challenged, since July 1, no doubt.

But, you can't be content with the decision, thus far. Can you?

Stan Van Gundy has not been the pimp that I thought he would be. If he can flip Moose into someone promising, my perception would change, but resigning Moose and standing pat would not please me the least bit.

Sebastian, I'm so content with what's going on and there is a clear method to the SVG Madness you just have to stop looking for some mind blowing thing to happen. SVG stated before free agency began that he was not looking to make a giant splash and that he will likely spread that 13 million he had in cap space on 2 or 3 players. He done exactly that.

Sebastian, I'm not even overly concerned with what he does with Moose though I would rather see him trade him, but if not then we have to see how that works out but he made it clear that those three will not be on the court together. If he can make that work then I'm for that as well but again SVG has done exactly what he said he would do and that is added shooters. Meeks is a shooter, he drafted a PG who can shoot, and my guess is he'll add another shooter as well once he clear out a few contracts (Bynum, JJ, Mitchell and Harrellson.

If nothing else he's been honest and that's something you never gotten from Joe. We all know the team needed a shooter or two and a PG so he addressed it hardly a reason to be mad Right? Think about what the other previous GM would have done and ask yourself if he would have drafted Dinwiddie and sign Meeks. No he would have exercise the team option on Billups, resigned Charlie and drafted center and if force to trade Moose it would be for some **** the team didn't need more non shooting SG's
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Minor Breaking News: Pierce to Wizards

Post  Oracle on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:25 am

Report: Pierce joining Wizards on 2-year deal
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Let's lay to rest the Tragic Rumore :)

Post  Oracle on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:20 am

I'm not sure where you guys are getting these Goran Dragic rumors from, but the Suns don't appear to be considering moving him to Detroit or anywhere else!

Hoops Hype wrote:Suns trading away Goran Dragic, possibly to the Pacers? Not so fast, says a source with knowledge of the talks. “No, no, no,” the source said. “Nothing to that. The team and Goran, they’re still committed to each other.”

According to an ESPN report, the Pacers — looking to upgrade at point guard — have engaged the Suns in talks about a possible deal that would send Dragic to Indiana. Consider those talks to be decidedly one-sided. Sporting News
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goran Dragic to Detroit? The Suns have something up their sleeve.

Post  Phil1980boy on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:45 am

OK. Now we talking. I hope the Pistons go hard after Dragic. A proven PG and leader.

When I got word that PHX was making A trade to get Isiah Thomas I thought to myself, don't they have the runner up for most improved player at PG?

As far as Monroe goes, I can't wait to see him back so we can get this ball rolling.
avatar
Phil1980boy

Posts : 801
Join date : 2012-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SVG are you listening ...

Post  Sebastian on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:43 am

I will admit that I have been very critical of the decisions that Stan Van Gundy have made every since Draft Night. I will continue to do so, until he begins to make sensible moves.

Here's one that he should consider that I am offering free of charge.

Move Wil B. to the Bulls for Tony Snell. The Bulls are in need of a back-up PG. Wil B. has a very transferable contract ($3.1 million/final year). Bynum is a Chicago hero and would be matched with his homeboy, D. Rose.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6485281

Tony Snell is a very good young player, who is on his rookie contract and could play real minutes at the SF position, hell maybe even start at the position. Snell may be available, as the Bulls have McDermott and the Spanish kid (Mirotic) that are sure to consume minutes that Snell played, last season.

SVG would have to be a little creative, like taking back a salary (Mike James) that can waived when the trade papers are signed.

SVG get your damn pimp game on, man! Because up to now, you have been the bitch who better have my money.


Last edited by Sebastian on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Sebastian

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-16
Location : Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Summer League in Orlando is a joke

Post  cool breeze on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:01 am

After watching actual fans in the arena in Las Vegas, it is clear that Orlando is still a 2nd rate venue for Summer league games. I believe there is an actual playoff system there as well. Of course it was good that the Piston team didn't show up in Vegas because they sucked in Orlando. Maybe Detroit wasn't invited to the Las Vegas games. i thought that the pistons had only around 4 players who had potential to make it in the NBA. What if KCP had decided not to play? Why didn't Datome show up?

cool breeze

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:55 am

Oracle wrote:
DX wrote:We've become too attached to mediocre, cheap players (most over paid), players who are looked at as either being "jack of all trades" but, not excelling in any particular area, or players who need molly coddling in order to perform....those will be the true challenges when it comes to removing them from the roster, not the new additions! Monroe, Jennings, Bynum, Jerebko, Singler, Mitchell, and Datome need to go.


Wow!!! You just recently spent many posts defending Datome and saying how he could help the team, and now he's trash that needs taking out???

You've defended Singler & JJ as well, maybe not as forcefully, but some, and now they're also useless  lol  lol  lol 

It's getting harder and harder to figure out what you really believe, and that's taking into account that people can, and do change their minds when new information is presented.

IMO, we could stand to lose Datome, and JJ too, but that's a harder decision.

But Singler? Seriously?

Singler may not be the one I would want to start at SF unless we can't get a better one, but Singler can put in time at both SG & SF off the bench, and besides his versitility, he does things that others don't!

Plus he cheap as hell, so why in the world would you want to get rid of him?

So other than Singler, I'm comfortable with losing the lot of them, but I'm still struggling with how you are flopping all over the place on these guys  lol
Well said Oracle. Singler and Jerebco are the good guys dX. Were those two players responsible for the low team free throw percentage last season? Were they the slackers on defense? I disagree that Singler should come off the bench. I think he is the best all around player on the current team by far. Watch for Singler to really break out this coming season. He is like Knight in many ways. He got better with his defense and 3 point shooting last season. Datome was a mistake for sure based on his play last year. The game seems to fast for him. But who knows, this roster is full of highly paid low basketball IQ players with a low concentration span.

cool breeze

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum