Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty You never Quit on your team- Ever!

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:55 am

MOOSEFAN wrote:So what Josh got ejected, how sad is it that fans and media would make big news of it as if he's the first player to ever get ejected from a game.  I mean really in a meaningless sh!t game in a season going nowhere and the team needing to think of tanking every single game to season end.  

I have seen a number of players get ejected in more critical games with the team in contention, in midst of a 7 game series and you all want to give it to Josh in a game everyone should have been hoping we lose.  facepalm   How about Big Ben, and Lord knows Rodman and Sheed had a few for  that matter so has our most famous player Zeke.  

So what we were down Andre and if the ejection gave the game to Denver so be it. I hope he get suspended a game as well so we can keep losing.  

Thanks Josh  tb 
Joshy quit on his team, he knew the circumstances, he knew they needed him to step up so what did he do? He quit, it doesn't matter if its a game they needed to lose for draft positions or not, he quit plain & simple just like he doesn't listen to his coaches when they tell him to quit the 3's, he doesn't give a Sh!t, you never tank, you never ever quit on your team regardless, the Bum needs to go, Cheaters quit on their team, winners give their best in every game win or lose.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty My apologies to Josh Smith

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 am

As further details emerge, it appears that Josh was simply yapping at a former coach in a joking way and the ref, having a malice at the palace moment in his pants, got frisky with the 2nd tech! Word has it that the first tech was not really deserver, and that's what Monroe was saying, so Wise, you owe him an apology.

Josh is TOTALLY in the clear on this one... my bad!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Oh my effing G...

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:07 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:Here is my exclusive interview with the master of Zen Phil Jackson

Dembo:  Congratulations on your new job with the Knicks.  Many fans think the roster is somewhat of a mess.  
Jackson: I am the Zen Master.  I view things differently. I have learned many words of wisdom from the players and people I have worked with over the years.  I have a different perspective.  I  say, "Crowded elevator smell different to midget."

Dembo: Shrewd observation for a tall guy.  You coached some  of the greatest  players  of all time.  How do you compare Carmelo to them?
Jackson:  He is not on the same level as Michael Jordan and Kobi but, he is still quite good.  Shaq say, "Panties not best thing on earth, but next to it."
Dembo: I got it.  My brother Dennis said he wanted to be reincarnated as a woman's bicycle seat.   Some people are saying that you must have a large ego to think you can fix this franchise that hasn't won a championship since you played for it.

Jackson: Having won two championships with the Knicks, six with the Bulls, and five with the Lakers has given me lots of confidence.   Jordan say, "Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day."

Dembo:  You won those championships as a player and a coach.  Can you do it as a GM?
Jackson:  It just feels right to me to be in charge of the entire team. Dr. Buss say, "Man who sneeze without tissue takes matter in own hands."
Dembo:  You know it.  My brother Ennis used to say "A bird in the hand makes it hard to blow nose".  The NBA is concerned about your relationship with Jeanie Buss since she is the Lakers President.  Could this be a conflict of interest?

Jackson:  It's not a big deal.  Kobi say, "Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."
Dembo: I think the league is saying, "Trust everyone.  Love everyone.  But tie up the camel."  You were advising  the Pistons on some of their decisions. How do you think that worked out for them?

Jackson:  I gave advise and they didn't listen.  They did their own thing.  So as a result, they have this mess of a season.  Jackson say, "Man who fart in church sit in own pew."
Dembo:  Exactly,  you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, but it might stink.   I fart like a Howitzer after eating Mexican food.   Anyway the Knicks are paying you a king's  ransom to make them winners.  How do you feel about that?
Jackson:  I love money.  I never want to go broke.  I need lots of stuff.  Confucius say, "Man with one chopstick go hungry."

Dembo:  Any last  thoughts for the basketball fans?

Jackson:  Enjoy the game. Basketball is the most exciting game.  It is the greatest game.  Rodman say, " Baseball wrong: man with four balls cannot walk."
Dembo: My brother Jennis used to say "Man kicked in testicles left holding  bag and man who sit on tack get point."

I kid you not, this post had me crying as I laughed!

My wife thought I had lost my effing mind!

Two or three of these great lines would qualify for funniest post of the year, but put together, this is one of the all time greats on any board I've been on!

Wow Fennis, this post is a hard act to follow, not that you have to, but wow...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Deep Thoughts with Phil Jackson

Post  Fennis Dembo Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:28 am

Here is my exclusive interview with the master of Zen Phil Jackson

Dembo:  Congratulations on your new job with the Knicks.  Many fans think the roster is somewhat of a mess.  
Jackson: I am the Zen Master.  I view things differently. I have learned many words of wisdom from the players and people I have worked with over the years. I have a different perspective.  I  say, "Crowded elevator smell different to midget."

Dembo: Shrewd observation for a tall guy.  You coached some  of the greatest  players  of all time.  How do you compare Carmelo to them?
Jackson:  He is not on the same level as Michael Jordan and Kobi but, he is still quite good.  Shaq say, "Panties not best thing on earth, but next to it."
Dembo: I got it.  My brother Dennis said he wanted to be reincarnated as a woman's bicycle seat.   Some people are saying that you must have a large ego to think you can fix this franchise that hasn't won a championship since you played for it.

Jackson: Having won two championships with the Knicks, six with the Bulls, and five with the Lakers has given me lots of confidence.   Jordan say, "Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day."

Dembo:  You won those championships as a player and a coach.  Can you do it as a GM?
Jackson:  It just feels right to me to be in charge of the entire team. Dr. Buss say, "Man who sneeze without tissue takes matter in own hands."
Dembo:  You know it.  My brother Ennis used to say "A bird in the hand makes it hard to blow nose".  The NBA is concerned about your relationship with Jeanie Buss since she is the Lakers President.  Could this be a conflict of interest?

Jackson:  It's not a big deal.  Kobi say, "Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."
Dembo: I think the league is saying, "Trust everyone.  Love everyone.  But tie up the camel."  You were advising  the Pistons on some of their decisions. How do you think that worked out for them?

Jackson:  I gave advise and they didn't listen.  They did their own thing.  So as a result, they have this mess of a season.  Jackson say, "Man who fart in church sit in own pew."
Dembo:  Exactly,  you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, but it might stink.   I fart like a Howitzer after eating Mexican food.   Anyway the Knicks are paying you a king's  ransom to make them winners.  How do you feel about that?
Jackson:  I love money.  I never want to go broke.  I need lots of stuff.  Confucius say, "Man with one chopstick go hungry."

Dembo:  Any last  thoughts for the basketball fans?

Jackson:  Enjoy the game. Basketball is the most exciting game.  It is the greatest game.  Rodman say, " Baseball wrong: man with four balls cannot walk."
Dembo: My brother Jennis used to say "Man kicked in testicles left holding  bag and man who sit on tack get point."

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Wise & Lemon

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:08 pm

@Wise - "Let see High School Football, Military, and Management  FORUM - Page 39 2486316891 sounds like I'm a team player....Just Saying" - Wise

I stand corrected, but I still don't like the way it happened! Faried was still in the game, and it appeared to me to be fear in playing against another athletic physical player!

Ben never backed down, Sheed never backed down, that's the difference, IMO, and that's why I called it a pussy move!

"I cheered when Josh was tossed. I've admitted to wanting to preserve the pick and understand it involves A LOT of losing. I won't sit here and demand the kind of effort required to keep a game competitive but somehow see things slip away at the end." - Lemonpen

As I said before, our chances of LOSING are greater when Josh plays, he's a big loser down the stretch in this dumb offense, known to be a major source of our 4th quarter collapses.

But what I don't like is the running from competition... ugly!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Losing Ain't Pretty

Post  lemonpen Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 pm

I cheered when Josh was tossed. I've admitted to wanting to preserve the pick and understand it involves A LOT of losing. I won't sit here and demand the kind of effort required to keep a game competitive but somehow see things slip away at the end. It wouldn't bother me to see some blow ups and dust ups. Let this embarassment be the sunshine the makes our future leader blossom. Let's have a few guys burn some bridges. Make it easy for off season changes.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Really? Seriously? You're Quoting Moose LOL!

Post  WTF Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Oracle wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:So what Josh got ejected, how sad is it that fans and media would make big news of it as if he's the first player to ever get ejected from a game.  I mean really in a meaningless sh!t game in a season going nowhere and the team needing to think of tanking every single game to season end.  

I have seen a number of players get ejected in more critical games with the team in contention, in midst of a 7 game series and you all want to give it to Josh in a game everyone should have been hoping we lose.  facepalm   How about Big Ben, and Lord knows Rodman and Sheed had a few for  that matter so has our most famous player Zeke.  

So what we were down Andre and if the ejection gave the game to Denver so be it. I hope he get suspended a game as well so we can keep losing.  

Thanks Josh  tb 

Spoken like a man that's never been part of a team!

Josh didn't want to play, he QUIT!

He wanted to hit the showers and get to Miller Time! So he quit on his teammates!

That's a BIG Effing deal to the team, even if Drummond was in there! A 10 year veteran that does that isn't a person I want on my team, he's full of crap!

Even Monroe said it was chicken stuff they were talking about, so if Josh wanted to really play he would have brushed it aside, or maybe he couldn't deal with Manimal kicking his ass!

Whatever the reason, it was a real pu$$y move, because there was no real reason for it except to say... I don't want to play anymore!

BTW, him staying in doesn't help us to win, it ensures that we'll lose, so we need all of the dumbasses(Josh, Jennings, Bynum, brick ass CV, etc.) playing that we can get!

Let see High School Football, Military, and Management  lol sounds like I'm a team player....Just Saying

For real you're going to quote the biggest quitter and pussy on the team? Moose quits and half asses it 75% of the season. Not just this season but all of them. Then Jennings quit way back on Feb. 9 when Cheeks got fired, Stuckey refuses to enter games and so did Big Ben, then leads a mutiny, Prince curses coaches and now it's a big effing deal Josh gets tossed in a meaning less game.

Now lets be serious here for a second and answer this question who plays harder than Josh game in and game out? I assure not the 2 players quoted in Mayo's article.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty LOL!

Post  WTF Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Oracle wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:Man I love this time of the season!!! and would love it even more if the Big Ten represents like I hope they will.  GO BIG TEN!!!!

On this we agree!

Yeah, I'm biased for our two Michigan powerhouses, but I also put on my Big Ten hat too!

I want Big Ten teams to kick ass and take names... until they meet up with the boys in green or blue!

Two have already went down in upsets Iowa and Ohio St. Damn! Michigan State is up by 10 at the half.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty March Madness

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:54 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Man I love this time of the season!!! and would love it even more if the Big Ten represents like I hope they will.  GO BIG TEN!!!!

On this we agree!

Yeah, I'm biased for our two Michigan powerhouses, but I also put on my Big Ten hat too!

I want Big Ten teams to kick ass and take names... until they meet up with the boys in green or blue!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty No so!

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks Josh  tb 

Spoken like a man that's never been part of a team!

Josh didn't want to play, he QUIT!

He wanted to hit the showers and get to Miller Time! So he quit on his teammates!

That's a BIG Effing deal to the team, even if Drummond was in there! A 10 year veteran that does that isn't a person I want on my team, he's full of crap!

Even Monroe said it was chicken stuff they were talking about, so if Josh wanted to really play he would have brushed it aside, or maybe he couldn't deal with Manimal kicking his ass!

Whatever the reason, it was a real pu$$y move, because there was no real reason for it except to say... I don't want to play anymore!

BTW, him staying in doesn't help us to win, it ensures that we'll lose, so we need all of the dumbasses(Josh, Jennings, Bynum, brick ass CV, etc.) playing that we can get!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty March Madness

Post  WTF Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:23 am

Man I love this time of the season!!! and would love it even more if the Big Ten represents like I hope they will. GO BIG TEN!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Amazing

Post  WTF Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:16 am

As to whether teammates look at each other the same now as they might have a few weeks ago, before playoff hopes soured, Jennings was equally noncommittal.

"I mean, to be honest with you, I really don't know. I know me, personally, I haven't been the same since Mo left," Jennings said, referring to former coach Maurice Cheeks, who was fired Feb. 9. "That kind of took a toll on me. It's definitely reflecting on my game."

Do a player really admit to sh!t like this.......and we have a problem with Josh getting ejected when Jennings ejected himself right after his coach been canned. Too Funny
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Over Blown

Post  WTF Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:03 am

So what Josh got ejected, how sad is it that fans and media would make big news of it as if he's the first player to ever get ejected from a game. I mean really in a meaningless sh!t game in a season going nowhere and the team needing to think of tanking every single game to season end.

I have seen a number of players get ejected in more critical games with the team in contention, in midst of a 7 game series and you all want to give it to Josh in a game everyone should have been hoping we lose.  facepalm  How about Big Ben, and Lord knows Rodman and Sheed had a few for that matter so has our most famous player Zeke.

Thanks Josh  tb 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty What a $h!t 4 Brains Player

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 am

Yeah, that Joshy Smith is quite the teammate eh? He knows Drummond can't play but still gets thrown out of the game, yeah, your a brawler Joshy, Cheeks & Loyer both tell ya to clamp down on those Loud 3 Clangers you attempt but to no avail, a team player doesn't do that Joshy, hated the signing then hate it now, so when I said oh brother Dumars signed you then I guess I was right, didn't take much guessing to it Joshy?
Two other players come to mind with this team also, that's Ball Hogs Jennings & Bynum, they don't pass the ball.
Take wild shots & with those 3 we as a team don't stand a chance of competing without getting rid of those 3 Gunners, plus the mentality of those 3 together add up to me, me & me, where's the beef Gores & where in the hell is the accountability? I don't see any & don't expect any anytime soon, great future we've got here Joe, why did everyone accept last summer as the tide turning around here? This is going to set us back a few years more, what have you done to my sports team Joe?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty "We're going to have to LOSE every game to keep the pick!"

Post  Phil-Good Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:33 am

If we keep this pick it's A miracle from the basketball gods!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty We're going to have to LOSE every game to keep the pick!

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:05 am

And hope Cleveland can win a few games!

Josh Smith wasn't going to help us win, but WTF is he doing to his mates???

That tech that got him tossed was ridiculous!

If you don't want to play, ask to go to the bench, don't just leave your boys hanging like that!

What a pu$$y move!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Game plan created by Dumars and Gores for the rest of the season

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:10 pm

Feature Will Bynum. Yes our brain trust knows what they are doing. Our leaders are working hard creating a team for the future. The reasoning is that Bynum has received the short end of the stick by the past two coaching staffs. And this combination of Stuckey and Bynum is working great. They just haven't had enough time playing together to gel. Somehow I believe that the Detroit News reporters will write something similar to this in the future maybe around july when nobody will care about this team. Somehow our leaders need to get Charlie V into the mix as well. And how about bringing  back Austin Daye for that outside shooting? Maybe give away Singler to make room for Daye. This leadership is beyond stupid. It is time to throw in the towel and play the rookies for the rest of the season and somehow keep that number one draft pick. But no we will see plenty of Will and Rodney who will be going all out to ruin this team's chances of keeping that pick. We have the worst brain trust of any NBA team right now. It is scary!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Nik Stauskas

Post  WTF Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 pm

I would consider this kid in the draft seriously I think he's going to be a good pro.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Monroe I Don't Know About

Post  WTF Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Oracle wrote:Don't trade Josh Smith unless you can't get a decent coach!

Josh is a holy terror if used properly! He is an elite defender and a solid scorer close to the basket! Our dumb asses put him in a position where he couldn't use his great defensive ability and compounded it by making sure his offensive weaknesses were the first option... how dumb could we get??????

Don't trade Singler! His importance is more than Elmers Glue, and he will EASILY become the best player off the bench! That's right, don't start him, he's more valuable on the 2nd unit!

Don't trade Monroe unless he can't accept a role that matches his ability! No starter should be that bad defensively! Either get better, come off the bench, or get traded!

No need to mention Drummond or the youngsters who we, for dumb reasons aren't playing major minutes now to see what we have. The only reason I could see to trade youngsters would be as filler in a VERY good deal!

Man I wish I could say he'll be better defensively and more so become an effective mid-range shooter. I just don't see it happening and it's sad because he just won't put in the work and effort to change these things. Monroe needs to be on a team where he can play lazy like in Miami, OKC, and get away with it.

What I like to see from Drummond is that same energy and passion that Noah plays with. The more I watch him the more I like him he's funny but he's a heck of a player. I want Drummond to love playing like Noah does in fact I would like to see the whole team play that way.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Don't trade the good ones...

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Don't trade Josh Smith unless you can't get a decent coach!

Josh is a holy terror if used properly! He is an elite defender and a solid scorer close to the basket! Our dumb asses put him in a position where he couldn't use his great defensive ability and compounded it by making sure his offensive weaknesses were the first option... how dumb could we get??????

Don't trade Singler! His importance is more than Elmers Glue, and he will EASILY become the best player off the bench! That's right, don't start him, he's more valuable on the 2nd unit!

Don't trade Monroe unless he can't accept a role that matches his ability! No starter should be that bad defensively! Either get better, come off the bench, or get traded!

No need to mention Drummond or the youngsters who we, for dumb reasons aren't playing major minutes now to see what we have. The only reason I could see to trade youngsters would be as filler in a VERY good deal!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Time To Put Up or Pack This Bullsh!T Up & Go

Post  WTF Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:59 pm

In an effort to contend next year I would like to see the following additions to this team. Aaron Affalo at SG, Luol Deng at SF and any fu@kin PG other than Jennings starting. IMO if given a starting lineup that includes Aaron, Luol, Josh and Andre this just enough firepower and defense to contend.

If I had to give up Monroe to acquire both Luol and AA in some kind of trade scenario I would do it. We would not break the bank doing so and we address a couple of glaring issues outside shooting and perimeter defense. I would even take a small hit on the luxury tax to make this happen.

Both Aaron and Luol are both exceptional defenders and respectable perimeter shooter capable of stretching defenses as well creating their own shots. They're both are overall fundamentally sound high IQ players that fit into a team concept. More importantly both players keep Josh off the perimeter and within 10 feet of the basket where he's most effective in scoring the basket.

Andre if the trend holds will be better offensively, and hopefully even better defensively, we all know he's franchise no doubt about that. He just need to protect the rim a lot better than he does.

Josh is a player, not great at anyone thing but plays hard, fight hards (score, rebound, run, defend) he freelances and I have no problem with that, he's an X Factor type player, not a leader, not a glue guy. But adding a competent PG, and players like Deng and Affalo in a line up with him and we could see Big Ben and Worm like impact from Josh. From an offensive stand point Big Ben was just as inept as Josh and far less talented but we found a place for Ben on the team.

If we could pull of Aaron and Luol then acquire a reliable pass first PG to add to Josh and Andre then I would be okay with keeping players likeKCP, Harrellson, Singler and Jennings in back up roles.

If you told me we would go into training camp with these players I'm suggesting then I say we're right there with Indy, Chicago, and Miami next season, that they would be a 50 win team, they would have acquired leaders in both Aaron and Luol

I would cap it off by hiring a hard-nose, tough-minded, highly intelligent, non-nonsense head coach whomever that might be that would demand effort and accountability from the players. I don't care where this coach comes from be it a first timer, proven, un-proven coach as long as they can get the team to compete night in or night out the rest will eventually take care of itself

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:33 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Thank God! I haven't gotten overly attached to the players on this team although I see Drummond as potential Franchise Player and Josh as simply a Player that I might pause to trade either of them everyone else is free game.  

Both Rodney and Charlie are all but gone after this season and that's almost 19 million alone coming off the books after this season. I'm not so sure I would be willing to allocate those available dollars to resigning Moose because I think he has peaked largely because of his poor work ethics and laziness.  

Chauncey has a team option which I would not exercise next season and release him, but I would love to keep him in some kind of coaching role or front office role if possible.

JJ, Bynum, KCP, Siva, Harrellson, Datome, and, Mitchell I would consider moving anyone of them for the betterment of team chemistry and roster balance.  Some of these players I like and some I simply don't.  I do like Harrellson hustle and ability to step out and hit a three, he works hard when he plays.   I like KCP but if we are not going to use him properly we need to trade him. I like Siva over Bynum so these are the only three players I would like to keep.

Singler is kind of like how I feel about Josh except while I would be reluctant to trading away Josh I could see scenarios where trading Singler might be best.

Jennings sadly we are stuck with as a player, we can fix the issue of him starting by finding a player to replace him in the starting unit.  Jennings would basically be place in the role currently Bynum is sitting in now come next
season.

Next season I'm thinking about what 3 starters I'm going to put around Drummond and Smith  (my starting PF and center). I already like the idea of keeping Harrellson, Siva, and KCP as backup.   But we need a starting PG that can run the team and solidly defend, a SG that can score and a SF capable of stretching a defense and defend as well.   Being that Jennings is the worse PG ever it shouldn't be that hard to replace him.   I would love having AA back on this team next season.

Of all the players you have mentioned to trade, Singler is the most talked about and most wanted by other teams. First take a look at what he does for a team in all areas and then notice how much money he is making compared to some of the slugs on this team. Singler is the guy we should keep if he wants to remain in Detroit. He is figuring out how to play in this league as opposed to our other players who remain stagnate. People were saying the same thing about Affalo when he played for the Pistons? Some fans did make those statements that Affalo is a player that we could do without. No Moosefan, we need to keep players who are smart team orientated players that have a good work ethic and show improvement. Singler is developing a nice outside shot if you have not noticed. He can defend better than any other Piston player. He is the only player who helps on defense. Most likely if Dumars is still running things he will give away Singler like he did with Affalo. The Pistons were losers in the months of December, January and Feb. I say losers because they were brain dead and didn't care and showed very little effort on the floor. This is with the exception of Singler who always played the same way -HARD. I believe a GM should judge players based on how they played during the months listed above. Those are the months that really show how much you care about the game and your team. The reason why most of us really detest most of the current group of players is because we have watched them show up looking like they are stoned. Playing in the first quarter with no effort on defense and failing to share the ball with teammates on offense was something fans could count on every night. It is time for accountability and to make a stand for what is right if you are the Pistons owner. Get players who are willing to work harder than their opponent. Once we get a few of them, things will change. If we trade guys like Singler nothing will change. 

I would trade or give away all of the current guards on this team with the exception of Singler who should be playing small forward. Datome, Mitchell and Siva do not seem ready and might not be ready to contribute for several years. I would like to see Siva play for the rest of this season to give him another shot. There is nothing to lose by doing that but the Piston brain trust is not known for being very smart so we will be watching Bynum for perhaps all of next season. I would also be willing to make a trade with all of our big men including Drummond right now if the return would impact this team in a positive way. Most of our players are lacking the mental requirement needed to become successful players who are capable of being part of a winning team. How many of our players know the oppositions plays and can think maybe 2 moves ahead of the opponent they are playing against? No our players are always on the wrong end of the mental game. That is why our players are not capable of ever being able to run a 2nd, 3rd or 4th option on offense. Our guys are on first level play for entire games. Our GM seems to be content to keep stocking his teams will low basketball IQ players. We fans are turned off and cannot support those kind of players. This has been going on for 5 or 6 years now. The same mentally challenged type of players who are all playing together as if they have never played a game with each other was the standard in the months of December, January and Feb. Our players as a group not only don't know that they don't know but they also don't care at all about playing hard during those critical months. Now is the time when our guys step up and play for contracts. We saw Moose play his ass off in this last game. Stuckey is trying really hard but still screws up. Smith is trying to salvage his reputation as well but how can we forget about those long winter nights?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:03 pm

deusXango wrote:Everyone knows that we're hurting for a uniquely talented perimeter player, so what do you all think of: Rodney Hood, T.J. Warren, and Kyle Anderson? Just asking, not making any supporting spiels for anyone in particular...all of these young men can score, and appear to be good, solid, team players.

Don, you get to watch a lot of west coast games, what's the real deal on Anderson from U.C.L.A.?
dX Anderson is a fantastic scorer both inside and outside. He has size and has at least average ability on the defensive end. Anderson was suspended for a few games and I don't know why. If you saw him in the PAC12 championship game, you had to be impressed because he was guarded by both Gordon and Nick Johnson. I do not know anything about Anderson's work ethic or what kind of person he is off the floor. 

The player who I believe will make the biggest impact in the NBA in this draft will be Arron Gordon. The only college player who might come close to being as smart as Gordon is Bill Walton. Gordon is only 18 years and can play every position on the floor. Scouts might say he needs a lot of work with his jump shot but his technique is really good and it is a no brainer that he will soon be a dead eye shot maker to go with his fantastic court awareness, play making and defensive ability. You make a rotation in your rookie season based on your ability to defend. Most college players fall short in that area and will hurt their team that first year. Gordon will step right in and be the best defender on the entire team. He can defend anyone at any size in college. And watching this guy lead a fast break is amazing. Once Gordon gets more reps shooting from long range in real games, he will make a outstanding NBA small forward with great size. 

The other player I really like happens to play for Arizona as well and his name is Nick Johnson. 47 inch vertical from the jump stop with the mind of his uncle Dennis Johnson this guy will be a real steal in the draft. Johnson was voted MVP of the PAC12. He is a leader and one of the most outstanding defensive guards that I have ever seen play college ball. He will for sure make a rotation next season. And the funny thing is Nick has been listed as a 2nd rounder on many draft boards. That is crazy. Both Gordon and Johnson have one thing in common. They are never satisfied and are work dogs working to improve in every area every year. You can expect they will keep doing that in the NBA. For some reason Joe Dumars has never been interested in the history of college players work ethic. Joe might interview a player and ask that question. But Dumars has failed to do the necessary research by interviewing college coaches who work everyday with their players to find out about where their heart really is relating to dedication to the game. Where our guards seem to have all the wrong stuff, it is refreshing to have been able to watch Nick Jonson's entire college career unfold. And perhaps he might still decide to return for his senior season and play with his back court buddy for one more season. That is what I am hoping for because I haven't enjoyed the NBA at all this season. Something is wrong. 50% of NBA games are not exciting and are very predictable.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Fix It Not Rebuild It

Post  WTF Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Thank God! I haven't gotten overly attached to the players on this team although I see Drummond as potential Franchise Player and Josh as simply a Player that I might pause to trade either of them everyone else is free game.

Both Rodney and Charlie are all but gone after this season and that's almost 19 million alone coming off the books after this season. I'm not so sure I would be willing to allocate those available dollars to resigning Moose because I think he has peaked largely because of his poor work ethics and laziness.

Chauncey has a team option which I would not exercise next season and release him, but I would love to keep him in some kind of coaching role or front office role if possible.

JJ, Bynum, KCP, Siva, Harrellson, Datome, and, Mitchell I would consider moving anyone of them for the betterment of team chemistry and roster balance. Some of these players I like and some I simply don't. I do like Harrellson hustle and ability to step out and hit a three, he works hard when he plays. I like KCP but if we are not going to use him properly we need to trade him. I like Siva over Bynum so these are the only three players I would like to keep.

Singler is kind of like how I feel about Josh except while I would be reluctant to trading away Josh I could see scenarios where trading Singler might be best.

Jennings sadly we are stuck with as a player, we can fix the issue of him starting by finding a player to replace him in the starting unit. Jennings would basically be place in the role currently Bynum is sitting in now come next
season.

Next season I'm thinking about what 3 starters I'm going to put around Drummond and Smith (my starting PF and center). I already like the idea of keeping Harrellson, Siva, and KCP as backup. But we need a starting PG that can run the team and solidly defend, a SG that can score and a SF capable of stretching a defense and defend as well. Being that Jennings is the worse PG ever it shouldn't be that hard to replace him. I would love having AA back on this team next season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Hindsight being 20/20

Post  Phil-Good Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:36 am

Me personally I felt the Pistons should have not went all in for the playoffs this season. I felt the Pistons should have stayed on the development/rebuild course.

I get the Josh Smith signing. Honestly, It has went as expected in my opinion. Josh Smith can't shoot and his Basketball IQ is on the low side. But other then that he has been solid in my opinion.Josh Smith is A TWEENER! He not A real small forward or A real Power Forward. He just A basketball player.

It's on the coach to use Josh Smith in the most effective way and get him to buy into what your pitching to him. What needs to be pitched is six man or A draft day trade by the Detroit Pistons.

My advice to Pistons fans is this. Don't look for A 2014 Draft Pick. I believe we will finish 9th or 10th in the League.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next