Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Go Stones!
CMUGroupProject
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
15 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:23 pm

Sebastian wrote:Pistons Pals: I hate to think the following, but it could happen ... as the attendance drops (the Pistons currently have the 4th worst attendance in the League) and the team performance worsens with each game, I would not be surprised if Gores would not be in consultation with the Seattle Supersonics' investment group in an effort to rid himself of ownership of the Pistons and the Palace.

I personally believe Sonics investment group is seriously looking at sniping the Bucks or OUR Pistons.

Wow! I never thought of that Sebastian. But maybe that explains why Joe Dumars has ruined the Detroit Pistons. He signed this group of horrible guards knowing the team would go even more downhill. And he hired Rasheed as a coach to cause even more trouble. It is not Joe's fault! He has been instructed by the owners to tear down the team to the point that Michigan fans will not care if they sell the team and move them to the West coast. It is never Joe's fault. Why didn't he draft Burke? The value would have gone up before the sale. I think we are safe because why would any citizen living in the State of Washington want to watch this group of players perform? I know you might be correct because as Pt Barnum once said, " there is a sucker born every minute".

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Figured It Would Be Hayes To Write It

Post  WTF Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:42 pm

I wasn't planning on reading that article and you and the other poster comments are dead on. Patrick Hayes needs to shut his trap on this. I love my country and it's people but they're the biggest group of assholes I know and have caused more pain and suffering of people than anyone.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Good For You Oracle

Post  WTF Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Oracle wrote:I posted this over at Piston Powered in response to this article - No more defending Dennis Rodman after his North Korea support

"Wow! Dennis is working hard on securing his future pay checks, and now he's evil? He's doing what the congress of the US fails to do and is supplying jobs, not a lot of them but it counts!

I'm sure the US doesn't murder folks, innocent bystanders by the millions dropping bombs, and I'm sure we don't have people imprisoned for ... "Something" all over the place! No, we didn't slaughter the Indian Nation, or enslave and kill Blacks! No, our hands are clean!

Oh and by the way, we do business with dudes just a bad as Kimmie Boy, but nobody cares because they have oil!

This isn't to say this dude isn't bad, he is, but the selective outrage is stunning!

Dennis Rodman is being used by the media to drive news cycles and hatred! Rodman has absolutely no power, no authority, and no television stations, you have to seek him out to make this story, and they have.

It amounts to nothing, but they've conned you into believing it's something!

You and the rest of the media need to leave Rodman alone!" - Oracle

There is so much more you could have added to this, suppressing minority votes, disenfranchising the poor, corporate greed half of congress should be in jail for treason, but here they are outrage about Rodman who doesn't amount to a hill of beans when it comes to political influence. There's no outrage and protect of the Olympic but damn if Worm plays a game in Korea
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Leave Rodman Alone...

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:15 pm

I posted this over at Piston Powered in response to this article - No more defending Dennis Rodman after his North Korea support

"Wow! Dennis is working hard on securing his future pay checks, and now he's evil? He's doing what the congress of the US fails to do and is supplying jobs, not a lot of them but it counts!

I'm sure the US doesn't murder folks, innocent bystanders by the millions dropping bombs, and I'm sure we don't have people imprisoned for ... "Something" all over the place! No, we didn't slaughter the Indian Nation, or enslave and kill Blacks! No, our hands are clean!

Oh and by the way, we do business with dudes just a bad as Kimmie Boy, but nobody cares because they have oil!

This isn't to say this dude isn't bad, he is, but the selective outrage is stunning!

Dennis Rodman is being used by the media to drive news cycles and hatred! Rodman has absolutely no power, no authority, and no television stations, you have to seek him out to make this story, and they have.

It amounts to nothing, but they've conned you into believing it's something!

You and the rest of the media need to leave Rodman alone!" - Oracle
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty It's Possible

Post  WTF Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:07 pm

If we were to lose this team it would serve the fans and media right for not getting in Joe ass for the past 10 years and not supporting Illitch in his effort purchase the team. We should be talking about a new arena that Illitch is building and the team playing Downtown Detroit, but yes Gores could be selling this team as we speak for all we know. I don't like him or trust him.

I honestly believe that right now this team would be better ran, and manage and that Illitch would have forked over the money for players that many are still waiting for Gores to do now.

I have four court-side seats for the Clippers game and if I hadn't promised some ex-coworkers I would take them I would chuck these **** in the garbage. Okay I would be offering them up to one of you guys or selling them. The point I'm trying to make here is that I was gifted these seats for at least 4 games this season and I still don't want to go and watch the **** I've been seeing, fans don't want to see this **** and it has nothing to do with economics. They put a winner on the floor and the Palace will sell out it's just that simple.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Poor attendance plus poor play equals ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Pistons Pals: I hate to think the following, but it could happen ... as the attendance drops (the Pistons currently have the 4th worst attendance in the League) and the team performance worsens with each game, I would not be surprised if Gores would not be in consultation with the Seattle Supersonics' investment group in an effort to rid himself of ownership of the Pistons and the Palace.

I personally believe Sonics investment group is seriously looking at sniping the Bucks or OUR Pistons.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Brass Balls? Not Likely

Post  WTF Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:37 pm

However, it would take brass balls to take Drummond out of the starting 5, and I know Cheeks won't do it because Joe probably wouldn't let him! But Cheeks better learn that it's better losing while doing what you know to be best, rather than die for someone else's cause! - Oracle

Well if they're not going to trade Moose like I think they should then yeah they need to move Drummond to the bench, I'm still not oppose to swapping Moose for Harrellson as a starter either. The only balls around this team though are those clanking off the rim on missed 3's and FT's so I don't see either Moose or Drummond being moved. I can see them making the wrong move though and moving Smith to the bench which would be insane.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty I wouldn't say Drummond is soft, but...

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 pm

The problem is that he's a big baby that can do amazing things for his age, but has a long way to go before he learns how to use his tools! Shaq wasn't physical enough early in his career, and established centers gave him trouble until he realized, or truthfully Phil Jackson made him realize that nobody can stop him!

That's why I've been campaigning to get him back to the bench where the fit is just awesome for him and the team!

A bench of Drummond, Stuckey, Singler, Bynum, and either JJ, CV, or Mitchell would be quite imposing for other teams 2nd units! Stuckey gets to do his normal damage, but importantly, it gives Bynum the environment to hurt us less and produce more!

Then if you like the jumbo frontcourt for a starting unit, and I do, I say move Harrelson to the starting stretch PF, keep Josh at SF, and move Monroe to center!

All of a sudden the starting 5 can space the floor, has much better shooting, and IMO, loses nothing on defense, and arguably gets better defensively!

However, it would take brass balls to take Drummond out of the starting 5, and I know Cheeks won't do it because Joe probably wouldn't let him! But Cheeks better learn that it's better losing while doing what you know to be best, rather than die for someone else's cause!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Is Keith Langlois a Tool

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Sebastian wrote:From yesterday's Pistons mailbag: Langlois offers up the company response to a question submitted at the Pistons Propaganda web page:

Andrew (Escanaba, Mich.): What’s the deal with this team? They need to make a move to spark this squad or something.

Langlois: If a move makes sense, sure. But I’d be surprised if Joe Dumars made a move based on the last few weeks. I think after the Pistons won at Miami, Indiana and Boston a few weeks ago, there would have been a general consensus among fans that the team was showing signs of coming together. A general manager can’t get swept away by peaks and valleys until he’s relatively certain they indicate irreversible trends. And while I can’t tell you what he’s thinking at this particular moment, his track record doesn’t indicate someone prone to knee-jerk reactions. On the other hand, when there’s a chance to go get a player he sees as a better talent or a better fit, he’s never shied away – as some executives do – from engaging in trades that carry a degree of risk.

Langlois will say whatever Joe tells him to say, so that he may keep food on his table.

Sheesh!!!

Short answer... Yes!

However, what you posted doesn't appear to be one of those times!

I think he's accurately portraying what Joe's ass would do in this situation, he loves to stand pat and make excuses for not making a needed trade!

Joe in general is a cautious trader anyway, and those types just aren't good in the trade market because others move quickly to snap up anything good.

Once the good stuff is gone, Joe can accurately say there was nothing there to make us better so he didn't do anything... sad, but true!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Keith Langlois is indeed a Pistons Tool ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:31 pm

From yesterday's Pistons mailbag: Langlois offers up the company response to a question submitted at the Pistons Propaganda web page:

Andrew (Escanaba, Mich.): What’s the deal with this team? They need to make a move to spark this squad or something.

Langlois: If a move makes sense, sure. But I’d be surprised if Joe Dumars made a move based on the last few weeks. I think after the Pistons won at Miami, Indiana and Boston a few weeks ago, there would have been a general consensus among fans that the team was showing signs of coming together. A general manager can’t get swept away by peaks and valleys until he’s relatively certain they indicate irreversible trends. And while I can’t tell you what he’s thinking at this particular moment, his track record doesn’t indicate someone prone to knee-jerk reactions. On the other hand, when there’s a chance to go get a player he sees as a better talent or a better fit, he’s never shied away – as some executives do – from engaging in trades that carry a degree of risk.

Langlois will say whatever Joe tells him to say, so that he may keep food on his table.

Sheesh!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty NO TRUER WORDS

Post  lemonpen Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:09 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:These Pistons players have no heart whatsoever worse they have not an ounce of pride and are simply half going through the motions of playing.  I thought I would never say this about Drummond but he's soft yes built like a beast but soft as hell and Moose is even softer because the slightest of contact has him on the floor.  Really when was the last time you've seen a big being knocked on his ass by a PG as much as Moose does.  

Jennings is not a winner, he's talented and he's knows the team is better when he's plays smarter but still he goes right back to doing the dumb sh!t that hurts the team over and over.  I know in all my heart that Burke rookie and all would not be giving the rock up as the clock shot ticks away to Josh unless Josh is in position to dunk it.   And that he would step up in crunch to take control of this team.

Josh is an idiot but you can live with a lot of the crap he does, I love having him on the team but I never once thought he needed to be a leader,  a clutch shooter, or main offensive focus.  He's suppose to be like Worm was to the Bad Boys and to the Jordan - Pippen Bulls or Duncan Spurs just with better offensive skills. But he's stuck in a lineup with 2 soft ass players (Moose and Andre) and a dumb ass PG that insist on feeding him the ball on the perimeter with the shot clock expiring.  
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty "The draft really doesn’t come down to a popularity contest."

Post  Murph Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:44 am

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Jennings is not a winner, he's talented and he's knows the team is better when he's plays smarter but still he goes right back to doing the dumb sh!t that hurts the team over and over.  I know in all my heart that Burke rookie and all would not be giving the rock up as the clock shot ticks away to Josh unless Josh is in position to dunk it.   And that he would step up in crunch to take control of this team.

Here's an insane statistic. In games where Trey Burke plays more than 20 minutes a game, the Utah Jazz have a record of 11-10. In games where Burke plays less than 20 minutes, the Jazz are 1-15.

So in other words, without Burke, the Jazz are pretty much the worst team in the NBA. With Burke playing significant minutes, the Jazz have a winning record.  Shocked 

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Dumb Soft Weak Heartless Team

Post  WTF Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:52 am

These Pistons players have no heart whatsoever worse they have not an ounce of pride and are simply half going through the motions of playing. I thought I would never say this about Drummond but he's soft yes built like a beast but soft as hell and Moose is even softer because the slightest of contact has him on the floor. Really when was the last time you've seen a big being knocked on his ass by a PG as much as Moose does.

Jennings is not a winner, he's talented and he's knows the team is better when he's plays smarter but still he goes right back to doing the dumb sh!t that hurts the team over and over. I know in all my heart that Burke rookie and all would not be giving the rock up as the clock shot ticks away to Josh unless Josh is in position to dunk it. And that he would step up in crunch to take control of this team.

Josh is an idiot but you can live with a lot of the crap he does, I love having him on the team but I never once thought he needed to be a leader, a clutch shooter, or main offensive focus. He's suppose to be like Worm was to the Bad Boys and to the Jordan - Pippen Bulls or Duncan Spurs just with better offensive skills. But he's stuck in a lineup with 2 soft ass players (Moose and Andre) and a dumb ass PG that insist on feeding him the ball on the perimeter with the shot clock expiring.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty It's Still The Players

Post  WTF Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:26 am

BTW, I'm sure it didn't take much coaching to help Westbrook and Durant become great players, so any evaluation of Cheeks should have thrown that sample out of the window, and what's left was putrid! - Oracle

Oracle, your above comment is one of the reason why I find it difficult putting a lot of blame on Cheeks because we don't have a Westbrook or Durant on this roster though a lot of folks tend to think we do.  We don't have these types of player neither in talent or effort towards the game, yes we have players with potential but they seem to be stuck on stupid and no matter how hard a coach my try it's hard to coach stupid.  

I'm not totally defending Cheeks because I think he does a Piss Poor Job at times with his rotation,  I think this team is easily over hyped and we forget at times that there were reason why Moose and Andre dropped in the draft, there were reasons in Atlanta why they were happy to see Josh go and there were reason why Milwaukee traded away Jennings.  The sad reality is that Cheeks is dealing with a flawed and imbalanced roster and IMO while another coach might squeak out a handful of more wins we're still basically looking at the same crap regardless.

This team is lazy, reckless, and stupid and if these guys can't run the simple plays how in hell can they run something complex, they couldn't run the plays that Lil Larry installed last season and Cheeks just dummy downed things and they still can't.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Proof Cheeks is Clueless...

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:43 am

"And while the Raptors shared the ball all night, the Pistons degenerated in the second half with one-on-one and selfish play. They had only seven assists after doing a solid job in the first half. Greg Monroe was the victim because he was held scoreless in the second half after scoring 11 points in the first half.

Cheeks disagreed with the assessment that his team stopped sharing the basketball — preferring to point out a porous defense that couldn’t get a stop in the second half.

“In the second half we didn’t get a lot of stops,” Cheeks said. “In the second half when you’re not getting a lot of stops, you’re not going to have a quick pace.”" - Pistons' lack of passing leads to sixth consecutive loss

WTF Cheeks???

I challenge anyone to watch that game and say that the Pistons were sharing the ball!

Almost every time the Raptors came down the court on offense, they did one of 3 things.

1. They went into a motion offense, where every player was moving except the initial ball handler, looking to hit the open man.

2. Move the ball around the perimeter forcing the Pistons defense to react(or over react) until someone was open enough for a shot.

3. A combination of both, motion offense combined with ball movement, and it devastated the Pistons.

Somehow people think that the players are just doing that without coaching, but they're not! Cheeks likes to pretend that he's some bystander without any control, but he's watching this and for some reason, can't call a timeout and force these guys to run plays that produce ball movement!

Who the fu#k is in charge here???

But in the same article, his own players contradict him...

"Josh Smith and Rodney Stuckey both said the team had to do a better job of sharing the basketball. Jennings, Stuckey and Will Bynum combined to shoot 12-for-39, so maybe a little passing was in order.

“The second half comes around and we just stop playing basketball,” said Stuckey, who returned to the lineup after missing three games with a right shoulder injury. “We stop sharing the ball, we stop helping each other."

So how in the world do they see it and Cheeks believes it's about getting stops! Getting stops is good, but it has nothing to do with what you do when you get the effing ball!

Does this team have personnel problems... Yes! However, they aren't bad enough to cause what we're seeing!

I'll say it again... change the coach and you will see a dramatic change in results! But we know that won't happen, so please get this man some help, he's in over his head!

BTW, I'm sure it didn't take much coaching to help Westbrook and Durant become great players, so any evaluation of Cheeks should have thrown that sample out of the window, and what's left was putrid!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty A little advice for the Pistons

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:13 am

Keep your head down and stay together as teammates. Because you guys are bad and embarrassing the Detroit Pistons brand overall.

I have not watched A Piston game in Weeks. The Last time I miss this many games I went away to College and there was no such as NBA League Pass.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:13 am

Oracle wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:Too Funny!  This team stinks even last season team wasn't this bad.  

Last year we lost the paint battle almost every game, but we could score from the perimeter!

This year, Joe lost all of the perimeter shooting, and we win the paint almost every game, but we can't shoot!

Yes, Joe is to blame, but as I said, he tried, now he HAS to clean this mess up before Feb deadline!

Oracle some really stupid generals have lost big battles and got thousands of their troops killed in the process because of their blundering decisions, but you could still say that "they tried". Dumars deserves to be fired right now. I do not trust what he might do in the today or in the future.

One excuse you could give Cheeks is the fact that he really doesn't know the history of the group of players on this team that have been Pistons for several years. He said in an interview that he has real trust in the players that he places on the court. That must include Charlie V, Stuckey, Monroe, Smith, Drummond, KCP, Singler and Bynum. One of the problems of changing coaches every season or every other season is the fact that the new coach has to come in and figure out who they can trust. My guess is that Dumars and Cheeks talk a lot about who to play and Cheeks must be listening to Dumars because there is no way that any coach could trust some of the players he is currently playing if they knew the entire history of those players careers in Detroit.

Tonight I would have trusted Josh Harrellison over Charlie V, Drummond or Monroe. He plays smarter defense, blocks shots and is physical in the paint. Also, Harrellison  has been making that 3 point shot a lot and has a much higher 3 point shooting percentage than Charlie V and the other big men don't even bother to shoot them. And Harrellison can make free throws. Tonight didn't our Pistons as a group of trusted vets shoot 17 for 35 at the line? Harrellison must believe that coach Cheeks does not trust him very much. But that is odd because when Detroit was winning games, Harrellison was playing considerable minutes. What has Josh done wrong I am wondering and Harrellison must be wishing he never signed with this team. When you are sitting on the bench and players who are playing your position are really stinking it up, that gets to you. You feel that the coach must believe that your are worse than those players who smell to high heaven. And for sure you believe that the coach doesn't trust you at all.

If the hated Larry Frank were still the Pistons coach, do you think he would be playing some of the combinations that Cheeks is using. Remember that Frank didn't trust Charlie V, Bynum or Stuckey and he limited the minutes of Drummond. He was actually correct with his decision to play Maxiell a lot. Maxiell is too small but he was not stupid. That is what baffles me as to how Cheeks would consider playing Monroe and Charlie V together at center and power forward. Both have really slow foot speed and no anticipation as to what is going on at the defensive end. And they do not move well on offense either. How could anyone expect that they could get a defensive rebound?

Any person off the street who knew very little could see that Drummond belongs on the bench as you said in your post. He got beat the same way several times in a short period of time. He did not put two and two together and anticipate that his man would sneak around him on the pick and roll play. He just lost concentration again and it appears that is OK with this coach.

And what coach would play Jennings and Bynum together. It was a really funny thing to watch. Neither can defend anyone and both lose concentration after the initial pass is made by the opposing point guard. Both cannot play defense through the entire 24 second clock. The point guard was drilling long shots in the second half but our two small guys just couldn't figure out that you can't leave that guy all alone especially when they are making so many shots. You must concentrate on your assigned man. God this stuff is picked up quickly by Jr high players.

Who can Cheeks trust? It appears he cannot trust Harrellison and Jerebco. I recall a few years ago that it was fun to watch Jerebco play basketball. He was not an idiot on the court. He was extremely active with or without the basketball and he played hard on defense. But it seems he is not good enough to gain the confidence of Cheeks but Drummond, Monroe, Charlie V, Jennings, Stuckey, Smith, and Bynum to have his trust. After stinking up so many games in a row and not being called to play until the game is already decided will make you feel that the coach doesn't trust you and that can kill whatever faith you had in the team or the coach. You just want out of the madness. The very same mistakes are being made in every game that I see but coach Cheeks still plugged in the same players. Bynum made some shots but gave up too many easy baskets with his defense. He didn't pass the basketball at all to anyone for two straight possessions where he was out of control. How would you like to play with him? Why not instead of calling him Will call him "I Got The Ball and I Am Going To Shoot It" Bynum. This is a lame team filled with selfish players who are not coachable. One of the tactics used by Joe Dumars has been to fire his coaches after a short time because those coaches finally figure out that it is impossible to win with Joe's players. The coaches always get the blame. Cheeks appears to be more mentally challenged than all of the previous coaches Dumars has hired since Michael Curry. Tonight Cheeks and Dumars must be excited because their team only gave up 112 points. What if Gores fires both Cheeks and Dumars on the same day??? Could that happen? How soon after they are fired will we get to see some new players wear the Piston uniform?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Understanding Joe

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Joe hires weak coaches so that he can do as Fennis said... blame them for his problems!

Joe hasn't hired a good coach since Flip Saunders!

Flip had his problems, but they weren't making playoffs or innovating on offense and defense!

Larry Frank was about the best since Saunders, but he had major personality issues!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Breaking News!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Raptors extend Pistons Visa's to play 4 more games to pad their record!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Bring On Phil Jackson Let Him Have This Team

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:26 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Joe didn't really try once he locked up Josh he went right back to doing dumb sh!t again.  When he passed on Burke I thought that was the dumbest sh!t ever but thought he would have followed it up with something solid as a PG option.  I didn't think it would be Jennings or at least I didn't think we would be offering up Knight and Middleton for him.  Knight was good for a 1st round pick alone and Joe couldn't walk away with that.  

IMO we would be playing a lot better with a rookie Burke right know.  

T.A.N.K  is what it's looking like

Yeah, MCW would have been my first choice even though I do believe that Burke could be marginally better, but I'm basing that on size, I love size!

Still, Knight would be WAY better than Jennings defensively, and shot the ball a hell of a lot better offensively!

But more importantly, Knight is a lot smarter than Jennings, basketball wise, because I think Jennings is smart otherwise!

Josh's play recently is scaring me a bit, but I still think he can be controlled by the right PG, who just won't get him the ball when he knows Josh will fu#k it up... that's what smart PG's do!!!

But Cheeks is my biggest surprise! The dude is clueless, and can't take success and build on it! It's not like we sucked all season, we have what it takes to win, but when we do, Cheeks fails to capitalize on it!

It's time for an intervention for both GM & Coach, so I approve anybody Gores wants to bring in because it's obvious Joe & Cheeks are the proverbial deer in the headlights!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Tom Gores calls an emergency meeting with Dumars and Cheeks.  A testimonial  to why the team never improves.

Gores: Mo, we are really concerned about you.  We are here to help you with your problem.
Cheeks: What the hell is this?  I don't have a problem.
Gores: Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
Cheeks: Revovery from what?
Dumars: This is called an intervention.  We are here to help you in a non-judgemental, loving , caring way.

Gores:  The stench from my team's losses has caused my latest sinus infection.
Cheeks: So your saying the losses are all my fault?
Dumars: Somebody has to take the blame for this fiasco.  We need a fall guy, a scapegoat, just like all the former coaches except for Chuck Daly.  God rest his soul.
Cheeks: The guys you aquired for this team, it's like trying to stick fifteen freakin' square pegs into a round hole.

Dumars: You are the schmuck who was asking the players for answers after a particular galling defeat.   Smith and Jennings  did not go to college.  They have no answers.  They know nothing.  Dutome speaks Latin and Roman.  Charlie V. is from a different planet entirely. I  think he speaks Klingon or Romulan or some ET  language.  I'd really like to see his birth certificate. There are no  Allen Einsteins on this team.

Cheeks: Joe, you're the one who gave out these fat extended contracts to undeserving players with the bosses hard earned money, trying to save your sorry butt, I might add.
Gores:  Do you guys just stay up nights thinking of ways to embarrass me?  How about some constructive ideas from you two incompetent boobs.

Dumars:  Well deception and deflection has always worked for me.
Gores:  That cannot be construed in any way as a useful strategy for improving the team.  This is not cutting edge, outside the box thinking.  You two should have your own TV show "The Real Housewives of Auburn Hills".
Cheeks:  Nothing  about it works at all.  This is so you, Joe.

Dumars: Who died and made this discussion all about me?
Gores : Why does the team seem to fall apart so often in the 3rd and 4th quarters?
Cheeks:  I don't have a clue.  Ask Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz. or Dr. Drew.  They know  everything.
Dumars:  Between them they just might possess all of the accumulative knowledge of mankind.  

Cheeks: Hey, how about  a half time concert by Miley Cyrus in a sexy outfit?
Dumars:  Oh, man, I'll volunteer for her to twerk on me. Ooh, Wrecking Ball.
Gores: Does anybody else see this meeting as a complete and total exercise in futility?
Dumars: All in favor of ending this meeting say "aye".

Gores: Aye
Dumars: Anyone second the motion?
Cheeks: Aye
Dumars: The motion was seconded. This meeting is ended.  
Gores: Never have so few done so little for a quickly diminishing fan base.
Dumars: Amen!

Thanks for taking notes at that meeting Fennis. I was wondering if some of the players are not showering much and maybe that is why they are not playing well as a unit. I noticed that Mr. Gores didn't ask either Cheeks or Dumars about the foul shooting problems. Could they blame that issue on Rasheed or maybe the previous coach Larry Frank?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Ground Hog Day Again

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:16 pm

Fennis, one of your better outings, I loved that post  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Bring On Phil Jackson Let Him Have This Team

Post  WTF Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Joe didn't really try once he locked up Josh he went right back to doing dumb sh!t again. When he passed on Burke I thought that was the dumbest sh!t ever but thought he would have followed it up with something solid as a PG option. I didn't think it would be Jennings or at least I didn't think we would be offering up Knight and Middleton for him. Knight was good for a 1st round pick alone and Joe couldn't walk away with that.

IMO we would be playing a lot better with a rookie Burke right know.

T.A.N.K is what it's looking like
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Ground Hog Day Again

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Tom Gores calls an emergency meeting with Dumars and Cheeks.  A testimonial  to why the team never improves.

Gores: Mo, we are really concerned about you.  We are here to help you with your problem.
Cheeks: What the hell is this?  I don't have a problem.
Gores: Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
Cheeks: Recovery from what?
Dumars: This is called an intervention.  We are here to help you in a non-judgemental, loving , caring way.

Gores:  The stench from my team's losses has caused my latest sinus infection.
Cheeks: So your saying the losses are all my fault?
Dumars: Somebody has to take the blame for this fiasco.  We need a fall guy, a scapegoat, just like all the former coaches except for Chuck Daly.  God rest his soul.
Cheeks: The guys you aquired for this team, it's like trying to stick fifteen freakin' square pegs into a round hole.

Dumars: You are the schmuck who was asking the players for answers after a particular galling defeat.   Smith and Jennings  did not go to college.  They have no answers.  They know nothing.  Dutome speaks Latin and Roman.  Charlie V. is from a different planet entirely. I  think he speaks Klingon or Romulan or some ET  language.  I'd really like to see his birth certificate. There are no  Allen Einsteins on this team.

Cheeks: Joe, you're the one who gave out these fat extended contracts to undeserving players with the bosses hard earned money, trying to save your sorry butt, I might add.
Gores:  Do you guys just stay up nights thinking of ways to embarrass me?  How about some constructive ideas from you two incompetent boobs.

Dumars:  Well deception and deflection has always worked for me.
Gores:  That cannot be construed in any way as a useful strategy for improving the team.  This is not cutting edge, outside the box thinking.  You two should have your own TV show "The Real Housewives of Auburn Hills".
Cheeks:  Nothing  about it works at all.  This is so you, Joe.

Dumars: Who died and made this discussion all about me?
Gores : Why does the team seem to fall apart so often in the 3rd and 4th quarters?
Cheeks:  I don't have a clue.  Ask Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz. or Dr. Drew.  They know  everything.
Dumars:  Between them they just might possess all of the accumulative knowledge of mankind.  

Cheeks: Hey, how about  a half time concert by Miley Cyrus in a sexy outfit?
Dumars:  Oh, man, I'll volunteer for her to twerk on me. Ooh, Wrecking Ball.
Gores: Does anybody else see this meeting as a complete and total exercise in futility?
Dumars: All in favor of ending this meeting say "aye".

Gores: Aye
Dumars: Anyone second the motion?
Cheeks: Aye
Dumars: The motion was seconded. This meeting is ended.  
Gores: Never have so few done so little for a quickly diminishing fan base.
Dumars: Amen!

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Oracle wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:Too Funny!  This team stinks even last season team wasn't this bad.  

Last year we lost the paint battle almost every game, but we could score from the perimeter!

This year, Joe lost all of the perimeter shooting, and we win the paint almost every game, but we can't shoot!

Yes, Joe is to blame, but as I said, he tried, now he HAS to clean this mess up before Feb deadline!

I don't know what the hell he's going to do to fix it, I don't think he can fix it. Cheeks, Jennings, and Smith aren't going anywhere. My hope is that Charlies and Bynum are being played to be showcased and maybe they're finally pulling the plug on Chauncey corpse.

This stuff is bad...........
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next