FORUM

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Singler's interview when asked about having a practice after back to back games - "WE NEED TO PRACTICE. IT WAS GOOD FOR THE TEAM".

Post  cool breeze on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:58 am

Mo Cheeks tells it the way it is. Josh Smith missed the flight back to Detroit and then missed practice the next day. He is the highest paid player on the team. Singler plays really well in the first half. His shot is looking good. He has 10 points and then Stuckey enters the game and he freezes out Singler refusing to pass the ball to Kyle who was wide open in the baseline corner. WHY? The team had a guy with the hot hand and he doesn't touch the ball for about 10 minutes. That had to be by design by our Piston guards who didn't like the fact that Singler was playing better than Josh Smith at the small forward position. When the game was on the line in the second half, Singler was more involved in the offense but there is no excuse for what happened last night. Stuckey and Jennings played horribly. KCP at least played defense hard and he did provide a spark in the 4th quarter. It seems that Jennings and Stuckey were not thinking "TEAM FIRST" in this game. They had an agenda of some sort that only juvenile minds can think up.

Atlanta kicked Detroit's ass with hard work and smart play and they beat the hell out of our guards.

Greg Monroe had another double double and that shows us the truth about stats. He was not effective all night long. He was out of position during crunch time and out of gas. One defining moment for me was late in the 4th quarter when Singler had the ball outside and Greg was calling for it and moving to the low block. But for some reason he didn't go hard to the spot and instead when inside of his defensive man making it impossible to receive a pass. If you signal for the ball then go to the spot as if you really want it. Greg is very out of sorts. He doesn't know his role on this team. He cannot play as hard as the opposition. For me, the only answer relating to Monroe is to admit he is a situation type player who should only play with certain match ups against slower teams. He was a day late and a dollar short all night in this game.

I liked the interviews after the game with Mo Cheeks, Drummond and Singler. You can't fool Mo Cheeks. He has seen it all and won't take crap from his players no matter who they might be. He is going to play the players who really care about winning and improving. Drummond impressed me during his interview. He knows his role and he knows why his team lost that game. This guy is going to be a real force in the NBA. There is no doubt about it. Singler identified the issues during his interview as well. He is a no nonsense tough player who only cares about winning games. This guy can play 3 positions and would be a real asset to a smart experienced team. However, we have guards who are still first level players. They cannot get to the 3rd or 4th option in the offense. They make so many mistakes on defense that it becomes impossible for the team to win. But as Cheeks said, Jennings is really young. He can get better. However, Stuckey, the player who has all the experience is still a bull type player who can over power teams at times but also can kill a team's chances of winning.

Smith is still the same problem child he was in Atlanta. I feel sorry for coach Cheeks to have to coach this player. He is a real ass and a chemistry killer because he is like a problem drinker. You never know who he really is and can never trust him.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Harrellson

Post  WTF on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:42 am

What was loss in this pile of **** yesterday was a beautiful 11 minute performance from Harrellson.  7pts and 5rebs on 3 for 3 shooting.   Why wasn't he getting earlier burn oppose to JJ? he has tons of energy and he plays tough and rugged although not pretty but its largely what the team needs.  I'm only guessing but one would think had he played in a couple of previous losses that they might have resulted in wins three games come to mind Grizzlies, Lakers and Thunder games.

Based on the 2 games and 17 minutes I I've seen of him I'm ready to get his bandwagon rolling. I would also like to call bullshit on Cheeks because he say's the only reason Harrellson played the previous games was because Moose was tired and needed break then he proceed t give him 11 minutes the next game. I'm willing to bet the that Harrellsn be whipping Andre's and Moose's asses in practice an until now politics have kept him off the floor. This only makes you look bad Cheeks
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Da Bench

Post  WTF on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:19 am

Cheeks was wrong to call a practice after a B2B if this isn't something that's done normally, even more wrong to call it on the plane home knowing Josh wasn't on it and still in Atlanta.  I'm telling you there is something more going on with this for some reason Mo an Josh don't quite mix well.  Joe you're not as dumb as you look so you can see something's not right (Rip-Kuester and Stuckey-Frank) don't let this get out of hand while you sit back and do nothing.  
I like Cheeks as a coach but Josh is the only player the team have that has real Pistons DNA   so I'm going to back Josh and again say that Cheeks need to tread lightly.  Maybe Cheeks don't like that he called his team mates out for being soft because twice he did so and twice he's been benched.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trade Moose, Today!

Post  Sebastian on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:10 am

Joe has to make a move and the move has to be made - now!

Folks, I'm telling you Josh is not a full-time power forward and neither is Moose. WE are in need of a true PF, a starting SG, and a back-up SF. A trade with the Raptors will acquire the players that WE need to turn this **** around.

Joe get Ujiri on the phone and present him with the following offer: Moose, Charlie V., Jerebko, and Singler for Amir, Terrence Ross, and Landry Fields.

Then WE roll with:

PG- B. Jennings, Stuckey, Will B.
SG- T. Ross, KCP
SF- J. Smith, Landry Fields, Linguine
PF- Amir, T. Mitch
C- Dre, Jorts

Talk Chauncey into medical retirement and get him to assist, seriously, Mo'. Mo' needs all the help he can get.

Why does Toronto do this trade? They get the opportunity to get the bird rights to a young power forward/center (Moose). They get salary relief from Charlie V.'s contract (and Charlie gets to be closer to his son). The get a scrappy player and a player that the Toronto fans will love (Jerebko). And, they get a SF, who can start for them in a pinch (Singler).

WE get a real PF, who is familiar with the Pistons (Amir); a young SG, who can run with B. Jennings and finish at the cup (T. Ross), who by the way is still on his rookie contract; and WE get an intelligent player, who can play good minutes as a back-up SF and can play some minutes at the SG position, if needed. Fields is also a good defensive player.

This trade works for both teams -http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6360409
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mr. Gores is not amused

Post  Fennis Dembo on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:00 am

Gores: What the hell was going on out there tonight? I'm paying Smith and Jennings millions of dollars and they played like they were shooting freakin' bowling balls. They should be on "Bowling For Dollars" not "The NBA Tonight". I haven't seen such a huge load of crap since I bought that pig farm in Iowa. You might remember my brilliant advertising campaign "Bacon the other crunchy meat".
Dumars: I apologize sir. I know our performance bordered on dismal.
Gores: Dismal! Dismal is like a perfect day in paradise compared to what I saw out there tonight.

Dumars: Smith didn't start because he missed practice.
Gores: I pay him forty gazillion dollars and he can't afford a stinkin' lousy alarm clock from Walmart. Have Charlie V earn his keep. From now on I want Charlie to be the guy who makes the wake-up calls to Smith.

Gores: In what bizarro world, do you think I would spend hundreds of millions of dollars for a giant load of crap? Do I look like a yahoo?
Dumars: Aside from the pig farm, I see your point, sir

Gores: I counted on you to be the beacon of light leading this organization.
Dumars: That was not a wise decision. You can ask the ex-owner Mrs. Davidson about me. She thought I was a huge disappointment after the fans booed her.

Gores: If the fans boo me, you'll find yourself demoted to washing jockstraps in the Palace laundry room. We need cutting edge coaching and management. That's what we need.

Dumars: You know me. I've never been cutting edge anything. As a matter of fact I hate paper cuts. They can be nasty buggers.
Gores: This won't look good on your resume and permanent record. It will be very sucky.

Dumars: Sir, I fawn and grovel at your feet.
Gores: Well, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into.

Dumars: That's the truth, sir.
Gores: The truth, I can't handle the truth.
Dumars: The bible says the truth will set you free. But, my Uncle Bubba said the truth could get you ten years to life in the slammer.

Gores: Your Uncle Bubba sounds like a wise sage. Maybe you can hire him as a consultant.
Dumars: Like Kwami Kilpatrick hired his father as a consultant.
Gores: How's that working out for them?
Dumars: I hear incarceration can be a bitch.

Fennis Dembo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DX: Sound painful

Post  Oracle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:00 am

"Dare I say "poppycock?" - DX

You better have somebody take a look at that Bro Smile
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Josh

Post  Oracle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:58 am

"Al Horford said after the game that Smith's father is ill. We're not sure if that had anything to do with his travel plans - he didn't talk" - What’s Going On With Josh Smith?
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How long before those boys from New York overtake us?

Post  deusXango on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:03 am

Go Stones! wrote:Detroit is 8th right now, which is where everyone had us.  The funny thing is that we have Charlotte, Atlanta, Toronto and Philly ahead of us and Brooklyn and NY behind us.  

All things considered, we are right where we should be.  
Dare I say "poppycock?"

I don't begin to know where to start searching for answers in this twisted sh!t Joe has thrown at us this year. Who is he building this team around? What was Mo Cheeks really brought here for? Why does this team carry so many PG's and none of them are worth two dead fly's? Why is our brand new $54 million FA coming off the bench behind a slow-footed 2nd round pick? Is that 2nd rounder better than our FA? We traded a lottery PG because of his high turnovers and low assist rate for an unwanted PG who's high assist rate is countered by his high volume of ill-advised shots; ill-advised shots that have the same results as turnovers.

This early in the season I fully expected to sweep the Hawks in this home & home series; at the very least we'd get a split, but to be swept by the Hawks?! BULLSH!T. This is not "right where we should be"; we're beneath where we should be and fading fast. We as fans can do all sort of superstitious things in hopes of a magical turnaround, by the next game, but until Joe gets up off his ass and into some of his subordinates asses, things will remain as they are, and that's bad & getting worse.

The real BIG 3 is coming up (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years) so I'll wait until they're over before I say anything else about this edition of the Detroit Pistons; I'm just going to enjoy family, friends, and what the season has to offer, and when I can, I'll give the home team a look.

I wish all my fellow posters and your family's the happiest of holiday's and hopefully things turn around with our favorite basketball team.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A BS Benching & Tweets

Post  Oracle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:58 pm

Benching Josh Smith was complete BS, IMO! It's obvious that Josh may spend some time with family!

Keith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Follow
Josh Smith didn't start because he missed Thursday practice. Teams don't usually practice after back to back.
10:06 PM - 22 Nov 2013
Follow
Practice wasn't set until flight home. Smith, anticipating day off after b2b, wasn't on flight and missed 11 am practice
10:13 PM - 22 Nov 2013
On the Game...

Follow
Toughest loss of the season. Singler scores 22 as starter, but #Pistons sputtered all night and lost 96-89. Smith scoreless, 0 of 7.
9:54 PM - 22 Nov 2013
Eric Vincent @IAmEricVincent
Follow
Yikes RT @Stareagle: Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith are a combined 4-23 for eight points in 58 minutes #Pistons
9:52 PM - 22 Nov 2013

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

STAND YOUR GROUND

Post  WTF on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:49 pm

There is clearly an disconnect with Cheeks and Smith and my advise to Cheeks is to tread lightly, Smith isn't going anywhere if push comes to shove. Josh is clearly frustrated and rightfully so his team mates play like a bunch of pussies and retards but it doesn't give Josh the right to miss practice, I'm not even sure if he had a good reason o not but I certainly didn't like how Cheeks responded to the media questions concerning the benching.

This is the second time he benched Josh with a half ass reason or response to it. Sure Josh will say the right things but trust me there's something deep going on here.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WTF was that!

Post  Sebastian on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Kuester 
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

These Pistons...

Post  WTF on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Oracle wrote:Are just plain bad!!!
I simply don't have the words to explain
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

These Pistons...

Post  Oracle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Are just plain bad!!!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is going to be one of the most interesting explanations on record

Post  deusXango on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Oracle wrote:
Follow
Obviously, a question Mo Cheeks is asked first (or a close second) after the game. Singler starts, Smith to bench, coach's decision.
7:28 PM - 22 Nov 2013
The sh!t starts.........................NOW!!!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Siva's playing like he trained under...

Post  Oracle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Those 3 great coaches... Larry, Moe, and Curley!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My mind is BLOWN!!!

Post  Oracle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Follow
Obviously, a question Mo Cheeks is asked first (or a close second) after the game. Singler starts, Smith to bench, coach's decision.
7:28 PM - 22 Nov 2013
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SHOCKER, and somebody please explain it to me!!!

Post  Oracle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Follow
Kyle Singler starting, Josh Smith coming off the bench tonight for #Pistons
7:22 PM - 22 Nov 2013
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

They just need to ride Datome

Post  Oracle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Follow
If you ever get to a #Pistons game early, watch @GigiDatome shoot. Like watching a great hitter take BP
6:38 PM - 22 Nov 2013
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stinkler?

Post  Oracle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Follow
Through 11 games last season, Kyle Singler was 11 of 26 from 3. This year, through 11, he's 4 of 25.
6:22 PM - 22 Nov 2013
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:02 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:This means that he has not been receptive to coaching because you can bet this coaching staff has been on his ass. - cool breeze

Don, this is what bothers m the most about Moose. I was watching the Thunder-Clipper game last night and they were commenting on how Rivers insisted that Blake become more of an out-side threat and how Blake has responded to it.  Blake was knocking down shoots left and right from Mid-range and all I can think about was Moose's ass not responding to his coach who insisted on the same thing.  

I don't give jack **** about Moose's stats (which are respectable) at the end of the game, but he's not asked to be a post presence offensively because that doesn't help with spreading of the floor and it hurts the team offensively. So it's not just on the defensive end that he hurts the team.  
Good point Moosefan about his impact on offense. Things are not going the way Monroe expected. He has said that he worked hard on his lateral foot speed over the summer. But it is his mind that has been faulty with grave concentration problems and incorrect reaction to situations on the defensive end. I am tired of it but as long as he plays, I must hope he can change. Still, it is clear that Detroit has a guy big guy on the bench in Harrielson who can play better defense than Monroe and has a outside shot that can help spread the floor. Will Cheeks start placing this guy in the rotation and give him a chance to get into game shape so we can find out if he is the stud many basketball experts think he might be???

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:54 pm

deusXango wrote:The line on ARRON AFFLALO:

2013-14 Stats: 36.7 MPG, 22.5 PPG, 4.5 APG, 49% FG

Eye-popping Game: 36 points, eight rebounds and six assists in win over Milwaukee Bucks

Arron Afflalo led the Orlando Magic in scoring for most of the 2012-13 season, so why is he on this list?

Because he's everywhere, and his stats aren't just up—they're up dramatically in every category. He's delivering a bigger breakout start than Magic fans ever hoped for.

Afflalo went from 16.5 points per game to 22.5, 3.2 assists to 4.5 assists and 44 percent shooting to 49 percent.

What's most impressive is his breakout performance behind the arc. Afflalo is making 2.9 three-pointers per night, which is twice as many as he's ever averaged. And he's hitting them at a ridiculous 54 percent clip.

His shooting efficiency will come back down to earth at some point, but I still expect him to post career highs in nearly every major statistic.

Hopefully next year we'll be reading about Brandon Knight and Khris Middleton going down this same path; it'll prove that Joe can draft, but regrettably, he just don't know who to keep and who to let go.
I will never forgive Joe Dumars for giving away Affalo. He is a good man and has all the right stuff. His history is that at every level, Affalo's teams have been winners and he has been a big part of it. What a tough guy he was when playing in college always kicking Arizona's ass with both his offense and defense. He was the best defender on the Pistons but had limited playing time as Dumars was plotting strategy for his guys, Stuckey and Daye. Yes, Joe really believed that he had a superstar in Daye the guy who was one of the worst defenders in college basketball before the draft. Joe was thinking, how can I get rid of this Affalo character? Any sane owner should have fired Dumars on the spot. Insanity prevails in Piston land. What will come next? It is clear that Dumars declares that players who have proved nothing should have an easy course to a starting assignment. He doesn't like competition. Affalo's hard nosed approach to playing basketball represented a threat to Joe Dumars favorites and he couldn't stand for that. The solution to this problem was to just give a quality player away. How can any of us forgive Dumars for that childish way of thinking????

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Classless? I'll buy that for a dollar.

Post  deusXango on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Go Stones! wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:Detroit is 8th right now, which is where everyone had us.  The funny thing is that we have Charlotte, Atlanta, Toronto and Philly ahead of us and Brooklyn and NY behind us.  

We did not plan to win against Indy, OKC, Portland, GS or Chicago.  We thought we should have won against the Lakers, Hawks and others, but we are still getting our team figured out.

BULLSH!T.
Classy, DX!

Games we were expected to win:  Washington, Boston, Sacramento, LA, Atlanta. Total = 5       (we were 3-2 on these)

Games we were e
xpected to lose:  Knicks (before their poor record), Indy, OKC, Portland, GS = 5   (we were 1-4 on these)

Games we knew would be close:  Memphis  = 1  (we lost in overtime)

The problem is that we put such high expectations on our team and players and expect them to go to the Championships the year after we don't even make the playoffs.  We should be set to barely make the playoffs.  Let's go with the goal and then if we exceed it, we are good.  If we don't make it then start firing people (ie, coach, Joe D, etc).

Let's keep our focus and be sure that we have realistic expectations.

Keep it classy DX!
Stones, my remark wasn't a summation of what I think of you (I've really been impressed with your postings), but the comment I should have highlighted when I originally replied; we should've won that Memphis game in regulation and the coach has said as much, a scrub filled roster like the one the Lakers are running and the way Portland was playing at the time we faced them, I thought it was realistic to expect to win those games.

No matter what our schedule was like, and it's not really been that bad, I think it would've been unrealistic to expect Philly, Toronto, Charlotte, and Atlanta to be on top of us at this point of the season!

The unsettled guard spot, has been used in the media, as an excuse for our disappointing record, but with Jennings and Stuckey out with injuries, and KCP pretty much stuck to the bench, we played our best ball this season. These facts conspired to bring that response out of me; I'm grown and speak in grown folks language, talking to grown folks who understand it; if I crossed a line and offended your sensibilities, I apologize. Again Stones, I didn't direct anything at you, I was simply responding to you.

F.Y.I. Not only am I classless, I'm tasteless too. lol
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wrong side of bed?

Post  Oracle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:37 pm

deusXango wrote:

We did not plan to win against Indy, OKC, Portland, GS or Chicago.  We thought we should have won against the Lakers, Hawks and others, but we are still getting our team figured out.

BULLSH!T.
Wow DX, that's pretty strong!

However, I do have to agree that a hell of a lot of this is going to change.

Stones, every year in the first 20 games or so, you have these outliers that you know shouldn't be where they're at, but the power teams haven't gotten themselves into gear yet.

Around the 20 game mark, look for the real trends to start to emerge!

If history is any indicator, I think we can safely take the current standings with a healthy dose of salt Smile
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You are a clASS act, DX

Post  Go Stones! on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:57 pm

deusXango wrote:

BULLSH!T.
Classy, DX!

Games we were expected to win: Washington, Boston, Sacramento, LA, Atlanta. Total = 5 (we were 3-2 on these)

Games we were expected to lose: Knicks (before their poor record), Indy, OKC, Portland, GS = 5 (we were 1-4 on these)

Games we knew would be close: Memphis = 1 (we lost in overtime)

The problem is that we put such high expectations on our team and players and expect them to go to the Championships the year after we don't even make the playoffs. We should be set to barely make the playoffs. Let's go with the goal and then if we exceed it, we are good. If we don't make it then start firing people (ie, coach, Joe D, etc).

Let's keep our focus and be sure that we have realistic expectations.

Keep it classy DX!

Go Stones!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Standings...

Post  deusXango on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:38 pm

BULLSH!T.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum