FORUM

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh no he didn't!!!

Post  Oracle on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Jennings now has all the incentive he needs to be a different player this coming season, and locker room material for when we play the Bucks!

Larry Sanders questions Brandon Jennings’ willingness to pass
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks Seb, I LOVE that Picture!

Post  Oracle on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Oracle wrote:President Clinton calls me BJ, but then again, every other word out of his mouth is BJ! He once slipped and called me Monica, but we won't go into that here!

Well, I know all of the Pistons have been here working out together, getting to know each other, but well, you know, I'm just too cool for that stuff!

I'm no AI, I love practice, but I ain't gonna practice just for grins, I needs to get paid before I break a sweat!

After all, I was busy trying to kick "The Game's" ass, because I don't take no stuff off of lame Mofo's, and let's get real, that's more important than playing some meaningless games with Drummond, KCP, Josh and those dudes... I gots business to take care of, people to see, asses to kick!

Well I'm here now, so it's officially a party! Mo Cheeks was all up in my grill talking smack, but I know what to do! If I ain't listening to that creepy old ass Chauncey, why the fu#k should I listen to a dude that played when dinosaurs roamed the earth?

Why is Chauncey creepy? Well, he goes around camp rubbing up against all of the younger dudes! I had to tell him, look dude, Richard Hamilton left town years ago, so if you want some of that kind of action, you better find his ass(pun intended)!

Chauncey thinks he's going to get my job, but what he's going to get is his ass whooped! I don't share my Ho's and I don't share starting PG... Homey don't play that!

Besides, everybody knows that none of these dudes can shoot, but I know that if I jack up enough shots I can fill up my stat sheet, then blame them for lack of support... hell I've done it before... and it WORKS!!!

It got that fat ass Joe Dumars to bite on a contract didn't it!

Well, I'll end it here, but all of you peasants better come up off some duckets, jack, clams, moola, scratch, simoleons, schillings, pesos, or whatever to pay to seem me score the ball!

If it's winning time, it's Jennings Ball!
I forgot one more thing. I don't like my contract so nobody talk to me OK! And they won't let me wear my rings, watches or chains during the warm ups. I hate dat!

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!

Post  Sebastian on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good point

Post  Go Stones! on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:37 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:Option #1:  Trade Monroe for PF like Aldridge?

Option #2:  Trade Monroe for a SF like Granger (assumed healthy), Deng or Gay and have Smith move to PF?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the issue on the table is whether you think Smith is better as a SF or PF?  If the same, which could be upgraded further to also improve the team?  Which of the SF/PF positions could we upgrade so we get a better overall starting lineup?

I'm not Anit-Monroe, but as you can guess I think we have his contract (preparing to balloon) and significant expiring contracts (CV and Stuckey), many quality bench players that could be throw-ins and pretty nice depth to the bench.  If we can do what we did with the Knight --> Jennings upgrade, then what could we do with a Monroe upgrade?  

I'm not willing to give up on Monroe, however, I can't count how many times he had the ball next to the basket and went up and lost the ball.  And with NO authority!  I like his passing.  I like that he was the most productive player...on a SUCKY TEAM!  Things will be different and it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.  We don't need to keep a closed mind with a work in progress like the present Detroit Pistons team.

That.Is.All.
I wouldn't do either until I figure out if we have something special or not.  In this revamped environment one of the new or young guys could blossom to become the superstar & leader we need to make the next step/leap.   My guess is there will be plenty of time and opportunity to pull the plug on whatever failure we may suffer.
I agree. Your point is well taken. My thought is later in the season...closer to the trade deadline...if it truly appears to be an upgrade.
Go Stones!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Inaction

Post  lemonpen on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Go Stones! wrote:Option #1:  Trade Monroe for PF like Aldridge?

Option #2:  Trade Monroe for a SF like Granger (assumed healthy), Deng or Gay and have Smith move to PF?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the issue on the table is whether you think Smith is better as a SF or PF?  If the same, which could be upgraded further to also improve the team?  Which of the SF/PF positions could we upgrade so we get a better overall starting lineup?

I'm not Anit-Monroe, but as you can guess I think we have his contract (preparing to balloon) and significant expiring contracts (CV and Stuckey), many quality bench players that could be throw-ins and pretty nice depth to the bench.  If we can do what we did with the Knight --> Jennings upgrade, then what could we do with a Monroe upgrade?  

I'm not willing to give up on Monroe, however, I can't count how many times he had the ball next to the basket and went up and lost the ball.  And with NO authority!  I like his passing.  I like that he was the most productive player...on a SUCKY TEAM!  Things will be different and it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.  We don't need to keep a closed mind with a work in progress like the present Detroit Pistons team.

That.Is.All.
I wouldn't do either until I figure out if we have something special or not. In this revamped environment one of the new or young guys could blossom to become the superstar & leader we need to make the next step/leap. My guess is there will be plenty of time and opportunity to pull the plug on whatever failure we may suffer.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Which move would you make, and why?

Post  Go Stones! on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:50 pm

Option #1: Trade Monroe for PF like Aldridge?

Option #2: Trade Monroe for a SF like Granger (assumed healthy), Deng or Gay and have Smith move to PF?

So, the issue on the table is whether you think Smith is better as a SF or PF? If the same, which could be upgraded further to also improve the team? Which of the SF/PF positions could we upgrade so we get a better overall starting lineup?

I'm not Anit-Monroe, but as you can guess I think we have his contract (preparing to balloon) and significant expiring contracts (CV and Stuckey), many quality bench players that could be throw-ins and pretty nice depth to the bench. If we can do what we did with the Knight --> Jennings upgrade, then what could we do with a Monroe upgrade?

I'm not willing to give up on Monroe, however, I can't count how many times he had the ball next to the basket and went up and lost the ball. And with NO authority! I like his passing. I like that he was the most productive player...on a SUCKY TEAM! Things will be different and it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. We don't need to keep a closed mind with a work in progress like the present Detroit Pistons team.

That.Is.All.
Go Stones!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1st Question on Camp Opening Day

Post  lemonpen on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:07 pm

With so many candidates competing for the various open slots, sooner or later tempers will elevate. Errant elbows will fly. Somebody is calling somebody else a sommamabitch.

Who will be the principles wearing red, white & blue trunks for the first fist fight of 2013-2014.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Brandon Jennings!

Post  Oracle on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:30 am

President Clinton calls me BJ, but then again, every other word out of his mouth is BJ! He once slipped and called me Monica, but we won't go into that here!

Well, I know all of the Pistons have been here working out together, getting to know each other, but well, you know, I'm just too cool for that stuff!

I'm no AI, I love practice, but I ain't gonna practice just for grins, I needs to get paid before I break a sweat!

After all, I was busy trying to kick "The Game's" ass, because I don't take no stuff off of lame Mofo's, and let's get real, that's more important than playing some meaningless games with Drummond, KCP, Josh and those dudes... I gots business to take care of, people to see, asses to kick!

Well I'm here now, so it's officially a party! Mo Cheeks was all up in my grill talking smack, but I know what to do! If I ain't listening to that creepy old ass Chauncey, why the fu#k should I listen to a dude that played when dinosaurs roamed the earth?

Why is Chauncey creepy? Well, he goes around camp rubbing up against all of the younger dudes! I had to tell him, look dude, Richard Hamilton left town years ago, so if you want some of that kind of action, you better find his ass(pun intended)!

Chauncey thinks he's going to get my job, but what he's going to get is his ass whooped! I don't share my Ho's and I don't share starting PG... Homey don't play that!

Besides, everybody knows that none of these dudes can shoot, but I know that if I jack up enough shots I can fill up my stat sheet, then blame them for lack of support... hell I've done it before... and it WORKS!!!

It got that fat ass Joe Dumars to bite on a contract didn't it!

Well, I'll end it here, but all of you peasants better come up off some duckets, jack, clams, moola, scratch, simoleons, schillings, pesos, or whatever to pay to seem me score the ball!

If it's winning time, it's Jennings Ball!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 am

Go Stones! wrote:At the trade deadline, I would trade Monroe (4M) and Stuckey (8.5M) for Lamarcus Aldridge (14M).  This would be a good trade for both teams.  It would give us some SERIOUS size for the rest of the season.  We would still have CVs expiring contract to work a summer free-agency pickup.  You can get a lot for ~10M.

When looking at trading Monroe THIS is what I'm talking about.  If we give Monroe a max contract it would eat up a huge chunk.  Players should be expected to have all-star status before expecting max contract.
This will be an ongoing story line. Monroe has to show teams around the league that he can play at least average defense. Based on his play last season, there is no way that he should be considered to be a candidate for a max contract. However, Greg has lost weight and has concentrated on becoming a better defender over this summer. Imagine how hard one of us would be willing to work to secure one of those max contracts. This is going to be an exciting season for sure. Aldridge is a real stud. Does he want to play for the Pistons? Do real quality players want to play with players like Jennings and Smith? Teammates of Smith were not very fond of him last season. And Bucks players were really happy when Jennings was traded. Will Smith and Jennings suddenly change who they are? We can only hope such a thing can happen. I think management selected the perfect coach for this current group. There will be accountability and a no nonsense approach by the coaching staff which will be refreshing. It appears that Joe Dumars is losing weight which also might be a good omen. Joe might find that his job is fun again which could cause him to pay more attention to what is going on. Perhaps that trade you are talking about might happen but a lot will depend on how Monroe performs.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How quickly we forget

Post  WTF on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 pm

deusXango wrote:Poll

Read this before voting

1. Ben McLemore

2. Victor Oladipo

3. Otto Porter

4. Trey Burke

5. Nerlens Noel

6. Anthony Bennett

7. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

8. C.J. McCollum

9. Michael Carter-Williams

10. Shabazz Muhammad

11. Cody Zeller

12. Alex Len

13. Dennis Schroeder

14. Sergey Karasev

Which player belongs No. 15 on the Pistons' draft board?

Remember the poll that was ran on Pistons Powered leading up to the draft? The only player on that poll voted to go before KCP was Trey Burke, who went right after we drafted KCP, so why is it some act as if we got a 2nd rounder competing for starting SG? I don't care what Georgia's record was last year, it was widely recognized that KCP could ball. What was Eastern Washington's record when we drafted the then new face of the franchise at #15?

I'm pulling for KCP to be the talk of training camp, with his outstanding play, and becomes a team favorite, from top to bottom!! I hope Cheeks falls in love with his work ethic and game.

GO PISTONS!!
I will be collecting donation towards the purchase of DX new Motor City Stuckey #3 jersey rockon 
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drew Sharp and Vince Ellis better stop covering the Pistons!

Post  Oracle on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Just take a look at these dudes in this video - Pistons' Chauncey Billups: 'I always consider myself a starter'

Other than the delusional Chauncey thinking that at his age he still considers himself a starter, at point guard, here is the more disturbing trend!

It's obvious that they've both been raiding Joe's donut stash, or getting their jelly fix from the same dealer!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe... it's complicated!

Post  Oracle on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:06 pm

In this article(What is the future for Greg Monroe in Detroit?) they talk about Monroe and quote David Aldridge partially. below is the full quote.

However, it's clear that Monroe presents a financial problem going forward, but ONLY if Gores isn't true to his word that he will spend for the right reasons... we'll see!

"Detroit's Greg Monroe would also look to be in line for an extension, having established himself as one of the good young big men in the East. He was top 10 last season in double-doubles (37) and was one of the few bright spots for the Pistons the last two seasons.

But league sources indicate an extension for Monroe is highly unlikely. The Pistons are not going to give him anywhere near the max, based on their current roster. Plus, Monroe's agent, David Falk, has little interest in signing an extension for less than that. While discussions are friendly, it's likely the two sides will revisit next summer -- if Monroe is still on the roster.

With Andre Drummond looking like the Pistons' center of the future, and with $56 million invested in Josh Smith -- much more effective as a four -- how much will Detroit put forth for Monroe?" - David Aldridge
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How quickly we forget

Post  deusXango on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Poll

Read this before voting

1. Ben McLemore

2. Victor Oladipo

3. Otto Porter

4. Trey Burke

5. Nerlens Noel

6. Anthony Bennett

7. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

8. C.J. McCollum

9. Michael Carter-Williams

10. Shabazz Muhammad

11. Cody Zeller

12. Alex Len

13. Dennis Schroeder

14. Sergey Karasev

Which player belongs No. 15 on the Pistons' draft board?

Remember the poll that was ran on Pistons Powered leading up to the draft? The only player on that poll voted to go before KCP was Trey Burke, who went right after we drafted KCP, so why is it some act as if we got a 2nd rounder competing for starting SG? I don't care what Georgia's record was last year, it was widely recognized that KCP could ball. What was Eastern Washington's record when we drafted the then new face of the franchise at #15?

I'm pulling for KCP to be the talk of training camp, with his outstanding play, and becomes a team favorite, from top to bottom!! I hope Cheeks falls in love with his work ethic and game.

GO PISTONS!!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:18 pm

lemonpen wrote:Cheeks comments regarding Stuckey sure seem far from the interpretations bounced around here.  Mo did not sound like a coach ready to lay his career on the line in hopes of a Stuckey redemption.  

Hey Rod, I wouldn't suggest telling Mo how much better you think you work with players X-Y-Z.      violin  

I agree Lemonpen. What Cheeks told Stuckey is far different from what the press had reported. I loved this interview and Goodwill did a good job with the questions. It is very difficult to not like Mo Cheeks. This is a guy I would have like playing for. Who gets the credit for hiring Cheeks? If it is Joe Dumars, then I say great job on this hire. I always liked Cheeks as a player because he was always under control. And I like his coaching style where he is not interested in being the center of attention during games. He knows what is going on which will be a big improvement over Frank who was big on Anthony Robbins type of motivational stuff but didn't seem to be able to communicate or understand how things work in the NBA. It would have been a difficult job for any coach over the past 4 seasons when considering who they were coaching, but I believe that Cheeks is the right man to lead this team and will do it his way.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goodwill Interview

Post  Oracle on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:17 pm

lemonpen wrote:Cheeks comments regarding Stuckey sure seem far from the interpretations bounced around here.  Mo did not sound like a coach ready to lay his career on the line in hopes of a Stuckey redemption.  

Hey Rod, I wouldn't suggest telling Mo how much better you think you work with players X-Y-Z.      violin  

Yeah, that sounded a lot different than during the presser... something has changed! (Reality set in?)

Last edited by Oracle on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stones, you're one tough dude!!!

Post  Oracle on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Go Stones! wrote:At the trade deadline, I would trade Monroe (4M) and Stuckey (8.5M) for Lamarcus Aldridge (14M).  This would be a good trade for both teams.  It would give us some SERIOUS size for the rest of the season.  We would still have CVs expiring contract to work a summer free-agency pickup.  You can get a lot for ~10M.

When looking at trading Monroe THIS is what I'm talking about.  If we give Monroe a max contract it would eat up a huge chunk.  Players should be expected to have all-star status before expecting max contract.
But that's a deal I would really consider!

Talk about win NOW!!! With Aldridge in the lineup, there's no guessing, we're the best front line in basketball bar none, and SERIOUS ECF contenders!

If you're going to trade Monroe, that's the trade to consider.

I'll still have to think about it, but I would lean towards pulling the trigger!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trade proposal

Post  Go Stones! on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:45 pm

At the trade deadline, I would trade Monroe (4M) and Stuckey (8.5M) for Lamarcus Aldridge (14M). This would be a good trade for both teams. It would give us some SERIOUS size for the rest of the season. We would still have CVs expiring contract to work a summer free-agency pickup. You can get a lot for ~10M.

When looking at trading Monroe THIS is what I'm talking about. If we give Monroe a max contract it would eat up a huge chunk. Players should be expected to have all-star status before expecting max contract.
Go Stones!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goodwill Interview

Post  lemonpen on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Cheeks comments regarding Stuckey sure seem far from the interpretations bounced around here. Mo did not sound like a coach ready to lay his career on the line in hopes of a Stuckey redemption.

Hey Rod, I wouldn't suggest telling Mo how much better you think you work with players X-Y-Z. violin  

lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Offer

Post  lemonpen on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Murph wrote:I'm no capologist, but isn't it true that the Pistons can make a qualifying offer to Greg Monroe of $5.5 million next year?  And then after that, he becomes a resticted free agent?

If that's the case, the Pistons should go ahead and retain Monroe for another year, see how he looks in the front court with Drummond and Smith, and then probably match and sign him to a max deal starting in 2015-16.

It's not that Monroe deserves a max deal.  That's not even the right question.  The right question is, do you want to keep together what will probably become one of the best front courts in Detroit Pistons history?  And I think the answer will be a resounding "yes", by the time the 15-16 season rolls around.
The Qualifying Offer is a necessary step that allows us to retain rights to Monros as a restricted FA. It isn't something that Monroe has to respond to, and making the offer dosen't automatically lock him in for any period of time. It opens the door to matching any offer made, or executing a sign & trade. On the other hand failing to make the minimum offer allows Monroe to walk away scott free. We also have until some time in Oct (I believe) to extend his current contract at some level of very large raise.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Offer

Post  Oracle on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Murph wrote:I'm no capologist, but isn't it true that the Pistons can make a qualifying offer to Greg Monroe of $5.5 million next year?  And then after that, he becomes a resticted free agent?

If that's the case, the Pistons should go ahead and retain Monroe for another year, see how he looks in the front court with Drummond and Smith, and then probably match and sign him to a max deal starting in 2015-16.

It's not that Monroe deserves a max deal.  That's not even the right question.  The right question is, do you want to keep together what will probably become one of the best front courts in Detroit Pistons history?  And I think the answer will be a resounding "yes", by the time the 15-16 season rolls around.
That's basically where I was going, but you just said it a lot better!

My point is that we WANT to keep Monroe, but we also want to get a good sniff about where he's heading development wise.

There are a lot of variables and moving parts which makes it hard to be definitive about anything right now... we need more time!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Offer

Post  Murph on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:29 am

I'm no capologist, but isn't it true that the Pistons can make a qualifying offer to Greg Monroe of $5.5 million next year?  And then after that, he becomes a resticted free agent?

Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Media Day

Post  merc on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 am

Let the hype machine begin... follow by real camp & preseason... bout time.
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Watch yourself as you drive...

Post  Oracle on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:58 pm

The Lions, sloppy eaters as they are, left a lot of Bear Carcasses on the road, so be careful!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

No Max Deal?

Post  Oracle on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:57 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Moose presently isn't worth a max deal and quite frankly I don't see it happening. Moose would have to really take a serious leap in his game this season in order it to be even considered.  There's still a big question mark as to if he's already peaked or not so unless his mid-range game has pick up not likely.  

He say's he coming into the season lighter, stronger and in the best shape of his career I can only hope that mid-range game has improved as well.   If he's carrying this team in a dominate fashion give him the max, but he's playing he's just a piece in the bigger scheme of things then Joe should pay him that way.  
Wise, I totally agree, no max deal for Monroe... yet!

Is he close to a max deal? Well, yeah, but to secure it, he does need to make some serious strides!

BTW, I'm concerned about him coming into the season lighter! If he's lighter, then he won't be as effective when he plays center when Drummond sits, and his post moves will be easier to defend, and he's not a finesse player right now.

No player at the PF is a max player if he can't get respect from 15-18 feet from the basket... sorry! Monroe has to have a respectable midrange jumper, because we all know he's never going to be a 3pt threat!

Having said that, would I give him a max deal rather than lose him? Probably, but he would have to force the issue by having a stellar year, and he can do it.

Like Knight, Monroe has the intelligence and work ethic to make things happen and adapt to a new role! So I am expecting some great things from him this year, but it's going to be HARD!

It was, quite frankly, easy to stand out when you're playing with Prince & Maxiell, but it's quite another to do that playing with human highlight film players like Drummond & JSmoove!

We'll have to see....
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum