FORUM

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Really good answer!

Post  Oracle on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:50 am

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:Who will be in the big 3 for the Pistons?

I'm really torn, because I can't think of who to leave out between the top 4 players on this team!

This article goes through the process of who the big 3 will/should be - How New-Look Detroit Pistons Can Build the NBA's Next Big 3
Oracle, it stands to reason that the best three veterans, who'll play prominent roles in the ongoing success of the team, would be the "big 3." I'm taking pride in the fact that we never played that cliché, play on words game, when we were on top (sending four starters to the all-star game); we weren't the "big 4" or any such cartoon name, we were the Pistons and "wouldn't it be nice if Prince could go to the all-star game also?" After the "Bad Boys" our nicknames were reserved for the players who contributed off the bench like, "the Alternators," or "the Pitt Bulls," get my drift? Our team isn't about exclusion, but inclusion of all who play to win!!

GO PISTONS!!!
DX, that's why you're the man!!!

That was the best answer, at least for now!

If there is going to be a big 3, it's better that they do that in the context of the team!

The 2004 team worked so well because none of the top 4 stood out, each had an important role because none were super stars.

BTW, right now, we have very competent players, not super stars... YET! But watch out if one or two of them become go to players in the 4th! The 2004 team didn't really have that player, but once he exists, the rules aren't the same anymore!

So things may change, but for now, I think your idea is best!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is a REALLY interesting problem!

Post  deusXango on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:16 am

Oracle wrote:Who will be in the big 3 for the Pistons?

I'm really torn, because I can't think of who to leave out between the top 4 players on this team!

This article goes through the process of who the big 3 will/should be - How New-Look Detroit Pistons Can Build the NBA's Next Big 3
Oracle, it stands to reason that the best three veterans, who'll play prominent roles in the ongoing success of the team, would be the "big 3." I'm taking pride in the fact that we never played that cliché, play on words game, when we were on top (sending four starters to the all-star game); we weren't the "big 4" or any such cartoon name, we were the Pistons and "wouldn't it be nice if Prince could go to the all-star game also?" After the "Bad Boys" our nicknames were reserved for the players who contributed off the bench like, "the Alternators," or "the Pitt Bulls," get my drift? Our team isn't about exclusion, but inclusion of all who play to win!!

GO PISTONS!!!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don: Good interview with Smith in the latest Bleacher report

Post  Oracle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:51 pm

cool breeze wrote:Everything Smith said in that interview indicates that he is a changed man ready to help this team become really good. From what he is saying Brandon Jennings might be a new man as well. There is no question that both Smith and Jennings are extremely talented basketball players. I think that a off beat guy like Sheed being their coach, will settle those two guys down and make playing basketball fun.

As I am always writing negative stuff about Joe Dumars, it is clear to me that he has created a different atmosphere going into the next season and deserves a lot of credit. He has not only brought in better talent but has rid himself of "Numbers" type coaches. Cheeks is low key but coaches with a heart and is not always drawing up diagrams or creating those signs to motivate players. Cheeks is no Anthony Robbins. And Rasheed Wallace creates the X factor. He will crack a joke at the right time when things get tough and will for sure provide proper instruction for Monroe and Drummond and it appears Smith is liking what Sheed brings as well. What I like about Cheeks is the fact that they were both great defenders. So we have a coach who knows when guards are not doing the right thing on defense and Sheed will keep the big men honest demanding that they get to their spots on the floor to challenge shots and limit the opposing teams to one shot. I can't wait to get this party started.  
Wow, I really loved this post, and I'm right there with you waiting to see this rocket take off!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is a REALLY interesting problem!

Post  Oracle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Who will be in the big 3 for the Pistons?

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cheeks Walks

Post  Oracle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Yeah, there was something going on, but Cheeks walks - No charges in Detroit Pistons coach Maurice Cheeks' domestic incident
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good interview with Smith in the latest Bleacher report

Post  cool breeze on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Everything Smith said in that interview indicates that he is a changed man ready to help this team become really good. From what he is saying Brandon Jennings might be a new man as well. There is no question that both Smith and Jennings are extremely talented basketball players. I think that a off beat guy like Sheed being their coach, will settle those two guys down and make playing basketball fun.

As I am always writing negative stuff about Joe Dumars, it is clear to me that he has created a different atmosphere going into the next season and deserves a lot of credit. He has not only brought in better talent but has rid himself of "Numbers" type coaches. Cheeks is low key but coaches with a heart and is not always drawing up diagrams or creating those signs to motivate players. Cheeks is no Anthony Robbins. And Rasheed Wallace creates the X factor. He will crack a joke at the right time when things get tough and will for sure provide proper instruction for Monroe and Drummond and it appears Smith is liking what Sheed brings as well. What I like about Cheeks is the fact that they were both great defenders. So we have a coach who knows when guards are not doing the right thing on defense and Sheed will keep the big men honest demanding that they get to their spots on the floor to challenge shots and limit the opposing teams to one shot. I can't wait to get this party started.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Oracle wrote:I've always assumed that if he can shoot the 3 over there, he certainly can do it here!

Oh contraire, there is a difference! Over there, the 3 pointer is a maximum of 22.1 feet away, where as ours is 23'9"... over a foot more, although both are 22' in the corners.

That may not sound like a lot, but it can really throw you off if you're not used to it.

For some general info on the differences, see this video.

Oracle the adjustment required of foreign or college players relating to the 3 point distance is not as big of a concern for NBA coaches as how the player adjusts to the speed of the NBA game and when to pull the trigger on the 3 point shot. Can you get enough spacing and can you get the shot off quick enough because most NBA defenses with the exception of past Piston teams, really get out fast to prevent players from getting a clean look. However, what usually knocks out first year college or European players from making a rotation is their inability to play effective defense. Playing against solid vet NBA players for the first time as you go though an entire season can cause you to lose confidence real quick. Finding some type of comfort on the defensive end is very difficult for first year guys.

This brings me to Siva. This guy is smart. He knows that he can obtain an advantage with his competition because this guy has already figured out how to play effective defense. Siva is fundamentally sound on defense. He, also, has the upper hand relating to knowing how to break down a defense and with his positioning and passing skills can set up his teammates with easy shots. This is something that Stuckey and Bynum are still trying to figure out. Now if only he can somehow become a better outside shooter. I hope Siva can make the rotation and maybe this wish is a long shot low percentage chance wish but nevertheless this is one of the players I am pulling for to be successful. Siva is a real basketball player from old school.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Datome: What I didn't know...

Post  Oracle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:45 pm

I've always assumed that if he can shoot the 3 over there, he certainly can do it here!

Oh contraire, there is a difference! Over there, the 3 pointer is a maximum of 22.1 feet away, where as ours is 23'9"... over a foot more, although both are 22' in the corners.

That may not sound like a lot, but it can really throw you off if you're not used to it.

For some general info on the differences, see this video.

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Haze

Post  Oracle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Murph wrote:I looks as if the folks over at Piston Powered have been reading our this forum again.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130913/SPORTS03/309130084/1051/rss16

As in the fog of who Stuckey is Smile

Actually I agree with Hayes, hopefully Stuckey can take the 2nd unit and run with it!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hayes

Post  Murph on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:13 pm

I looks as if the folks over at Piston Powered have been reading our this forum again.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130913/SPORTS03/309130084/1051/rss16

Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

With free agency looming, Rodney Stuckey faces a make or break year for his career.

Post  deusXango on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Does Rodney Stuckey's career end if Joe Dumars doesn't resign him again? If he continues to suck, will he be given a "sympathy contract" because Cheeks can't coach? What if KCP clearly outplays him, and Siva shows that he's a quality NBA backup PG, what will his future be in Detroit? With all the promise local fans say he has, I can't imagine his career coming to an end in Detroit.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Oracle wrote:
Murph wrote:
cool breeze wrote:First off, the Pistons will be an exciting team and at least we should be able to count on them staying tough to the end of most games win or lose. Figuring out how to consistently win tight games will be a learning process for everyone as players learn how to play with each other and coaches make the right decisions on which style of play and player combinations best suits this group in 4th quarter situations. I am really interested in how other teams will play this year and the adjustments those teams have made to better compete with the Heat. How will Indiana and New Jersey do especially if the Nets can avoid injuries? Will Wade and James avoid injuries this year? every team needs a lot of luck when it comes to injuries. We don't consider the injury factor relating to the Pistons because this group hasn't proven anything yet.  The key (Pistons) need to stay healthy for sure but we haven't been blessed with consistent players who play hard every night for a long time.

Hopefully we will get to see that consistency with several players and that will bring in the fans again and we can afford to start worrying about injuries to our heroes. And as for the Heat, Detroit might be a tough matchup for them now that we have Smith, Monroe and Drummond on the same team. With all the negative things that I have said about certain players, there is no doubt that our Pistons will eventually get in the thick of things and become an elite team if those 3 big men can learn to play well together with positive chemistry flowing through the rest of their teammates.  
Good post.  I could not agree more.  tb 

I also agree with Brandon Jennings when he said that the Pistons will "own the glass".  In fact, I would  go so far as to say "the Pistons will own the paint", in terms of offense,  defense, rebounding, shot blocking and scoring down low.  Get ready for some good old fashioned, physically intimidating, hard knocks, De-troit Pistons basketball!    box
We complained in years past that there was ZERO coverage of the Pistons in training camp, and it appeared that nothing was going on.

Well, let's get real, what was there to cover? The stylings of Tayshaun Prince? The lumbering post moves of Maxiell?

Sorry, other than the youngsters, there was nothing, and what good was it covering them when all they had to play with was their fearless leaders...  Prince & Maxiell!

Fast forward to today and we've got coverage all over the place! Every beat writer is producing stories at a time of year they're usually napping!

But it's not just them, this board is usually DEAD around this time, we're no dummies, generally there was nothing to talk about, but now? Well now, there is a new excitement brewing around this team that can't be denied!

But the biggest thing is what Murph said above!

This team is going to physically intimidate 30-40% of the teams on their schedule and that in itself will produce more wins!

Even the teams that aren't intimidated, will just have to be pummeled into submission!

That's why it's way to early to be thinking about getting rid of Monroe! Have you looked at that kids frame????

A physically mature Monroe & Drummond will be capable of striking fear into the most rugged NBA bigs, these dudes are going to be dominant when they grow up!

Even today they're physically imposing, and I'm counting on Sheed to give them the confidence to go out and take no sh!t off of anybody, or face the wrath of Sheed when they come back to the bench!

Saying that this season will be exciting, is somewhat of an understatement!
Oracle good point relating to this talk about trading Monroe. No more panic moves should be allowed by the owners. It takes more time for the young big men to become good consistent players. Monroe really looks fit and has been working on his lateral movement which will help him with his defense. Because of Smith and Drummond there will be less pressure on Monroe which should help him relax more so he can make the right plays on both ends.

By the way, thanks for the stuff relating to Dumars comments about Siva. That is good news. And Drummond loves the way Siva plays which could be a factor relating to playing time if Siva can hold his own.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Twitter FYI

Post  Oracle on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 pm

You don't need a twitter account to see what some of the beat writers are saying daily, you only need an account if you want to reply or send them messages.

All you need is your browser, and go to any of these links.

1. Pistons - Keith Langlois - Langlois is on FIRE today! Check it out for HOT KCP/Siva/Mitchell news! Shocking news of Siva's defense on Stuckey, Joe D. comments. 

2. Pistons - Vincent Goodwill

3. Lions - Chris McCosky

There are, of course, others, but this is a good start.
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Freaking Men!!!!

Post  Oracle on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:16 am

Murph wrote:
cool breeze wrote:First off, the Pistons will be an exciting team and at least we should be able to count on them staying tough to the end of most games win or lose. Figuring out how to consistently win tight games will be a learning process for everyone as players learn how to play with each other and coaches make the right decisions on which style of play and player combinations best suits this group in 4th quarter situations. I am really interested in how other teams will play this year and the adjustments those teams have made to better compete with the Heat. How will Indiana and New Jersey do especially if the Nets can avoid injuries? Will Wade and James avoid injuries this year? every team needs a lot of luck when it comes to injuries. We don't consider the injury factor relating to the Pistons because this group hasn't proven anything yet.  The key (Pistons) need to stay healthy for sure but we haven't been blessed with consistent players who play hard every night for a long time.

Hopefully we will get to see that consistency with several players and that will bring in the fans again and we can afford to start worrying about injuries to our heroes. And as for the Heat, Detroit might be a tough matchup for them now that we have Smith, Monroe and Drummond on the same team. With all the negative things that I have said about certain players, there is no doubt that our Pistons will eventually get in the thick of things and become an elite team if those 3 big men can learn to play well together with positive chemistry flowing through the rest of their teammates.  

I also agree with Brandon Jennings when he said that the Pistons will "own the glass".  In fact, I would  go so far as to say "the Pistons will own the paint", in terms of offense,  defense, rebounding, shot blocking and scoring down low.  Get ready for some good old fashioned, physically intimidating, hard knocks, De-troit Pistons basketball!    box
We complained in years past that there was ZERO coverage of the Pistons in training camp, and it appeared that nothing was going on.

Well, let's get real, what was there to cover? The stylings of Tayshaun Prince? The lumbering post moves of Maxiell?

Sorry, other than the youngsters, there was nothing, and what good was it covering them when all they had to play with was their fearless leaders...  Prince & Maxiell!

Fast forward to today and we've got coverage all over the place! Every beat writer is producing stories at a time of year they're usually napping!

But it's not just them, this board is usually DEAD around this time, we're no dummies, generally there was nothing to talk about, but now? Well now, there is a new excitement brewing around this team that can't be denied!

But the biggest thing is what Murph said above!

This team is going to physically intimidate 30-40% of the teams on their schedule and that in itself will produce more wins!

Even the teams that aren't intimidated, will just have to be pummeled into submission!

That's why it's way to early to be thinking about getting rid of Monroe! Have you looked at that kids frame????

A physically mature Monroe & Drummond will be capable of striking fear into the most rugged NBA bigs, these dudes are going to be dominant when they grow up!

Even today they're physically imposing, and I'm counting on Sheed to give them the confidence to go out and take no sh!t off of anybody, or face the wrath of Sheed when they come back to the bench!

Saying that this season will be exciting, is somewhat of an understatement!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This NBA season will be more fun...

Post  Murph on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 am

I also agree with Brandon Jennings when he said that the Pistons will "own the glass".  In fact, I would go so far as to say "the Pistons will own the paint", in terms of offense,  defense, rebounding, shot blocking and scoring down low.  Get ready for some good old fashioned, physically intimidating, hard knocks, De-troit Pistons basketball!    box
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Guards

Post  Murph on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:05 am

cool breeze wrote:
So this must mean you are happy with Joe's selection of guards Murph. And you believe that Stuckey didn't play that badly last season and he really did try hard? Maybe it was the coaches fault again last season for taking Stuckey out of the rotation at times during the year. Perhaps I have gone too far but Joe's love affair with Stuckey as gone on for too long. There has never been any love between the various coaching staffs and Stuckey which contrasts with Joe's strong faith in this man. My only hope is that somehow Billups can kick ass and take names in training camp and beat out both Jennings and Stuckey for playing time. And that Siva and KCP can follow Billups lead and go on to show us how real guards play the game. If they just show up for every game being ready to play will be a welcome change from Mr. Inconsistent Rodney Stuckey.  
Don...I agree on Billups and Siva.  If Billups can remain healthy and effective, I'd like to see him play a lot of minutes at SG and PG.   And I think Siva could be the steal of the draft, but I doubt he'll get much playing time this year or next, until some of these contracts expire.

I also agree that Stuckey had a down year last year.  His confidence was clearly rocked by his demotion to the bench.  But prior to last season, I thought he had played ok.

As far as KCP goes, I'm going to need to see a lot more data, and to see him play against NBA competition a lot more, before I can make any kind of determination about whether or not he can step into the starting SG role.

Last edited by Murph on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:04 am

Oracle wrote:
Sorry but it is time to bring this back for one last look.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This NBA season will be more fun to follow this season

Post  cool breeze on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 pm

First off, the Pistons will be an exciting team and at least we should be able to count on them staying tough to the end of most games win or lose. Figuring out how to consistently win tight games will be a learning process for everyone as players learn how to play with each other and coaches make the right decisions on which style of play and player combinations best suits this group in 4th quarter situations. I am really interested in how other teams will play this year and the adjustments those teams have made to better compete with the Heat. How will Indiana and New Jersey do especially if the Nets can avoid injuries? Will Wade and James avoid injuries this year? every team needs a lot of luck when it comes to injuries. We don't consider the injury factor relating to the Pistons because this group hasn't proven anything yet. The key guys need to stay healthy for sure but we haven't been blessed with consistent players who play hard every night for a long time. Hopefully we will get to see that consistency with several players and that will bring in the fans again and we can afford to start worrying about injuries to our heroes. And as for the Heat, Detroit might be a tough matchup for them now that we have Smith, Monroe and Drummond on the same team. With all the negative things that I have said about certain players, there is no doubt that our Pistons will eventually get in the thick of things and become an elite team if those 3 big men can learn to play well together with positive chemistry flowing through the rest of their teammates.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh Yeah, you gotta LOVE this stuff...

Post  Oracle on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Keith Langlois @Keith_Langlois

Great talk with @JSmooveNBA today. #Pistons fans, you're going to like this guy. Story soon on http://Pistons.com .
11:57 AM - 11 Sep 2013

Josh Smith felt good about becoming a #Pistons in July, but even better about it today ... http://tinyurl.com/oaq7mkb 
1:04 PM - 11 Sep 2013

Josh Smith says, with Brandon Jennings throwing lobs, it'll be "a race to the rim" among him, @M10OSE & @DRE_DRUMMOND_
1:06 PM - 11 Sep 2013

Josh Smith: "I can’t wait until the season starts so I can show these guys how appreciative I am for showing interest in me."  
1:08 PM - 11 Sep 2013

More Josh: "Everybody wants to do it together. Whenever you are able to be a part of something like that, it’s special.”
1:09 PM - 11 Sep 2013
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Murph wrote:Man...all y'all's panties are in a bunch about Stuckey these days. Joe's going to get fired.  Cheeks is and incompetent lapdog (before he's even coached 1 minute here).  Brandon Knight, the greatest PG since Oscar Robertson Rolling Eyes , was kicked to the curb.  And Aaron Afflalo and Chauncey Billups were dumped.  All because of Stuckey???  

Please folks...get a grip.  I know nothing is going on in the news, and you're bored to tears. But try to maintain that tenuous hold on reality.  Stuckey ain't that bad.   And if he does play badly, the Pistons will sit him in favor of Billups or Kentavious, which is what y'all want anyway.  And then Stuckey's contract will expire.  

So it's not the end of the world....really.

So this must mean you are happy with Joe's selection of guards Murph. And you believe that Stuckey didn't play that badly last season and he really did try hard? Maybe it was the coaches fault again last season for taking Stuckey out of the rotation at times during the year. Perhaps I have gone too far but Joe's love affair with Stuckey as gone on for too long. There has never been any love between the various coaching staffs and Stuckey which contrasts with Joe's strong faith in this man. My only hope is that somehow Billups can kick ass and take names in training camp and beat out both Jennings and Stuckey for playing time. And that Siva and KCP can follow Billups lead and go on to show us how real guards play the game. If they just show up for every game being ready to play will be a welcome change from Mr. Inconsistent Rodney Stuckey.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:54 pm

[quote="Oracle"][url=http://www.freep.com/article/20130911/

I read the article from the Free Press as well. This will make Joe mad. He better call Cheeks and tell him to announce that Bynum will also be a team leader with Stuckey. People might start asking questions about why in hell Dumars offered Bynum so much money when Nate Robinson would have taken less. You want small then why not sign Robinson who destroyed Bynum in every meeting as well as all other Piston guards last season. And I am not suggesting that the Pistons should have signed Robinson either. I know at least that during Bynum's college days, he could drive a coach to madness. Oh, to be able to collect that much cash for riding the pine and not causing any damage to body parts for two years. How lucky can Will get? Good job Joe.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Oracle wrote:
Wow Prison Bitch is a bit different from my vision of Mother-Son love in trying to explain the Dumars-Stuckey "Thing". More investigation needs to be done. Keep the videos coming Oracle.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:30 pm

deusXango wrote:Oracle, I'll grant you that Don and I go to very passionate depths, when talking about Rodney Stuckey, but hatred is not the motivating factor. Speaking for myself, I love the game of basketball and the way it's played is where my enjoyment is based; the displayed character, or personality if you will, of the players who're revered is like 1a. Win, lose, or draw, I'm a homer (a Cobo Hall faithful, with attendance of 1,000), because my Pistons heroes could play the game extremely well; I find that the guard play of Pistons past is of legendary proportions. Dave Bing, Jimmy Walker, Kevin Porter, John Mengelt, "Bubbles" Hawkins, Eric Money, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Vinnie Johnson, Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, and the list could go on about players who's career didn't/wouldn't last for six years playing at the level of Mr. Stuckey. There was a thoughtful pizazz about the way they played the game; all out effort and every one of them could shot, and bring the crowd to their feet with an unexpected stellar move every game!!! I've grown accustomed to Pistons PG's dishing off some "sweet" assists, not unsuccessfully trying to "bull" their way to the rim, time after time. The scorers scored, and the level of talent around them or who was coaching the team didn't matter, their skills shined through and they were recognized league wide, while playing for a mediocre team. These guys played when the term "combo guard" was unheard of, they were players who played guard!!

Naw, I don't hate Stuckey, I just have my heroes who I refuse to taint their memories of past efforts to entertain me on those long ago cold winter nights, by backing up off the standards they set with their hard work and play. How many were divas? Who boycotted? Who refused to enter a game? Who played past five years and in their sixth year they were treated like a rookie coming into the league? Pistons guards were good, and there was no doubt about it; fans across the board loved them!!
Spoken from the heart dX. That is exactly how I feel. And I have never felt hate for any player except maybe during my playing days when you create stuff in your mind and express it to your teammates to get them more motivated to play harder. When you see players who are approaching this game as a job and clearly show that they are not appreciating the opportunity that they have making it to the NBA, then I blame the individuals who signed those players to contracts with the Detroit Pistons. How could they do it and then resign them? That kind of thing doesn't happen with teams like the Spurs. They might make a mistake but do not try to cover it up with another mistake. My negative feelings about Stuckey has been brewing for several seasons. It is always the coaching staffs fault with this guy. But the real truth is easy to determine just by watching his expressions on the court or on the bench. Does anyone who watched the games last season believe that Stuckey was interested in playing basketball? The same is true with Charlie V. If you really want to play then you would do anything requested of you by any damn coach you might be unlucky to be stuck with no matter what because you love playing and hate sitting on the bench. So in Stuckey's case, why couldn't he be a top rated defender in the league? What has prevented that from happening but Rodney himself? And why hasn't he improved with his outside shooting skills and decision making after all this time? It takes hard work. Everyone guard in the league is extremely athletic. Every player who enters the Hall of Fame will tell you that hard work and love of the game got them there. Stuckey has made a lot of money and good for him. I am just tired of watching what he brings to the sport. And anyone can change but it is difficult for fans to ignore the past. You can dissect Charlie V's history as well. He is a big guy who has never been interested in getting in shape to play the right way. That is clear to any coach who has ever coached him or fans who know what to look for regarding effort. Basic things like getting beat down the court by the guy you are supposed to guard. Being the last player up the court on offense and then settling for standing outside the 3 point line never bothering to mix things up by posting in the block. Charlie could be a really good player but he has decided he doesn't have to work and still will get paid millions of dollars. He has Joe Dumars as his boss. I am not upset with Joe making that bogus decision relating to Darko. He didn't do any homework before making that pick but that was his style up until a few years ago. To me Dumars darkest moment and most cowardly moment as a GM was when he hid in the background after the Toronto incident. Dumars has gone on to this day without any negative media attention for being the team President who was AWOL when it counted most. He could have set an example going forward and used that incident to show players that he would not tolerate such a revolt. He allowed Charlie V to keep making statements to the press humiliating the coaching staff at the time. He allowed Charlie, who was a complete lazy ass at the time keep telling the eager reporters things like this team is losing a lot of games but it is not about our talent. Here Charlie was getting is ass beat by everyone in the league when he tried to play defense and Joe Dumars allowed him to keep spouting off his mouth. I can't imagine how those coaches felt about their boss when this was going on. If Joe didn't like his coaches then why in hell didn't he fire them? Dumars was a pure political animal and many Piston fans kept waiting for him to do something to shake that team up. And here we go again, where Joe Dumars continues to reward Charlie V and Rodney Stuckey with another chance. My thing is that it makes no difference what they do now. That is the way the Spurs management thinks as well. There is something about the Ranger motto that is important to me. "DO THE RIGHT THING". Joe Dumars has proven to me that doing the right thing is not a consideration for him.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's Tweets

Post  Oracle on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DX, no worries: The Stuckey/Joe love story is REAL!

Post  Oracle on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum