FORUM

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raptors Won't Move Rudy Gay In Salary Dump

Post  deusXango on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Sebastian wrote:Simple, just sweeten the dam(n) deal. Add: Singler and/or future 1st round. Joe has Ujiri's ear, now just make him a better offer.

Work it, Joe!
Sebastian, if memory serves me correctly, this is one of the latest bones fans have to pick with Joe; giving up a first round pick to rid ourselves of Gordon. How can you suggest something like this and still say you want Stuckey to be a part of this team? Toronto don't want Rudy Gay, but they damn sure don't want anything to do with Stuckey or Charlie V. Could it be because they're negative influences?
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reality Check to Tom Gores

Post  Phil1980boy on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello Mr Gores. How are you today? I'm A life long Detroit Pistons fans. Just wanted to see if your still on that Hollywood S**H**I**T.

This is Detroit. You can't go out and swipe you platinum card and free agents come falling out the sky. You might want to think twice about that playoff or everybody gets fired mentality. Unless your ready to do what the big boys do. Make that money RAIN!!!
Phil1980boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Raptors Won't Move Rudy Gay In Salary Dump

Post  Sebastian on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Simple, just sweeten the dam(n) deal. Add: Singler and/or future 1st round. Joe has Ujiri's ear, now just make him a better offer.

Work it, Joe!
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zeke is fun to watch on NBA TV and he provides insight on small martke teams like Detroit

Post  cool breeze on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Thomas says that the best way to build a championship team in current times for teams like Detroit has to be through the draft. He makes good sense relating to signing free agents. Players do not like signing with teams like Detroit especially when there has been no success relating to winning. The free agent feels too much pressure and responsibility if things do not improve after the team has spent a lot of money on them. To obtain free agents, teams like Detroit have to over spend before the player will agree to sign. Joe did this with Charlie V and Ben Gordon. This places the team in financial difficulty. The only way Detroit will get a top tier player is through the draft. And this is why I am still upset that Dumars passed on Burke who had outstanding trade value if Dumars thought he didn't fit team needs. Dumars staff underestimated the value of Burke while the Timberwolves did their homework and managed to come out best of all teams in this draft as stated by many experts because they selected Burke after Detroit passed. Now with next year's crop of players entering the 2014 draft, Detroit is in a bad position to get a long list of impact players. What can the Pistons do to get in a better position for next season's draft? My bet is nothing because all NBA teams know this will be a special draft that is except for Detroit management.

It is interesting that Toronto which is a team that wants to start over won't take Stuckey and Charlie V for Gay. That says it all. What did that article say about the conversation between the two teams? It was over very quickly. We are really doing well with signing players. The agent who represents Calderon says things are up in the air regarding him but he also represents Bynum and believes a deal will be made because Bynum likes Cheeks. Wow! What exciting news for Piston fans. We will get the circus performer again next year. That means management is not serious about improving at all relating to the guards they have on the team. I would prefer Stuckey any day to Bynum. God this makes me ill to think Bynum will be dribbling out the shot clock again and getting killed on defense. And we will not get to see that guy a lot of people like who was our third draft choice. Bynum should be used to carry Siva's jock strap. Will is no point guard and never will be a point guard. So do we use him at shooting guard?

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Talk about a timely save

Post  deusXango on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:20 am

Sebastian, I was getting ready to "have at it" with you about your boy Stuckey, but then this follow-up was posted by you; you demonstrated an open mind and quickly endorsed a trade (not one I personally favor, but I'll adapt an open mind also) freeing up the roster of two negative influences. Gay's contract ($16 million) expires in 2015-16, a year after the big FA's hit the market! Too late is just like too soon; it's too damn bad!

On the serious side, Gay would be a much better fit than Stuckey and CV, plus he fills a team need; a bona fide starting SF.
C- Drummond/Monroe/Kravtsov
PF-Monroe/Smith/Mitchell
SF-Smith/Gay
SG-KC-P/Middleton
PG-Knight/Siva
One hell of a rotation!!!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pecking Order

Post  WTF on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:10 am

Rondo/Knight/Siva
Mayo/Pope
Smith/Artest/Singler
Monroe/Mitchell/Smith
Drummond/Slava/Monroe

I like it, it wins, it's doable and it's affordable and adding Smith Rondo and Mayo fills the Palace from day 1 of next seasons.  Only issue is Rondo's availability at season start.

Okay everyone start screaming.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oracle

Post  WTF on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:34 am

Oracle wrote:Lemon, I agree about the phones, but that's what I'll have to do as I leave for Orlando tonight!

I was pissed that the Pistons play on Sunday and I come back on Saturday!

Oh well, it's for the kiddies....

I'll be in Orlando Thursday 4th to the 9th. Hoping I get a chance to see some SL before heading back.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuckey the Head Case?

Post  Sebastian on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:03 am

deusXango wrote:"Gay himself has negative value, and that trade just sounds like Dumars asking for trouble."-NBC Sports: Pro Basketball Talk 7/2/2013
Leading with a statement like that, how in the hell can Rudy Gay be an upgrade? The numbers have long borne out the fact that Gay was wayyy overpaid, for the middling numbers he puts up (when you take 21 shots to score 16 pts. something's wrong). I'm not a fan of Rudy Gay, and you all can tell by now.

Rondo is a triple-double machine and a player who is tough as nails, however, there are so many flaws that will destroy a developing team like we have now, it's amazing that so many fans overlook that, to get a PG who looked good surrounded by HOFers, none of whom could stand him. The coach couldn't stand him, and Doc Rivers, I believe, is more mentally tough than Mo Cheeks. I can't believe that fans were so sold on Stuckey as PG, for so many unsuccessful years, but now they're looking for perfection in all the wrong places. Knight hasn't shown anything positive in the first year and a half of his career, I'll concede that, but with a starting group of Monroe, Drummond, Smith, and Caldwell-Pope on the floor with him, and a coach with an offensive design and plays to be executed, I think he'll be a different player, much like Rondo was in Boston with the "Big 3." You want PG reassurance? Trade for Vasquez, and we'll have at least two capable distributors for the offense in Vasquez and Siva should Knight falter. The key, I keep saying is, rid the team of Stuckey's negative influence before training camp starts.

I want to see those four big men rotate and kick Miami's ass in January at the Palace; that's who I'll come out in the cold to see play. Monroe, Drummond, Smith, and Mitchell excite my imagination, and Cheeks, with the help of Rasheed (if we bring him on board) can get the most out of that diverse group of big men. I'm excited about the perimeter bombing of Caldwell-Pope coming down the floor, stopping, raising up at the 3 line, and all nets; Middleton in the corner, pump faking, driving around a stupefied defender, and slamming or dishing to one of the big men to handle the embarrassment of the opposition; the crowd goes wild! All those nights with slow ass Prince, waiting for the occasional "thunder dunk" from Maxiell, those f@@#ked up unsuccessful drives by Stuckey, and all the mediocre play that bored us to death, can be behind us; WTF are we concerned about the cost for, when the man who's paying isn't? Does the headband down over his eyes, with a sneer on his lips frighten some fans and that's why they say all these unverifiable things about Josh Smith? You don't like his on court demeanor? What about his end of the day results? Let's go for the gusto. Go Pistons!!

DX, my man, you recommend that Stuckey should be removed from the roster before training camp starts because of his "negative influence".

I must admit, every Pistons blog that I read, PistonsPowered, Detroit Bad Boys, Detroit News, mlive, you name it, there are a chorus of comments that lambast Stuckey for being this malcontent, a troublemaker of the worst kind, an all out terrible human being, who as you have echoed has a "negative influence" on I suspect the impressionable minds of OUR young core.

But, what I have always try to understand is why is Stuckey perceived to be this awful teammate. Yeah, I remember the time that he refuse to listen to the play call ordered by the "Great" John Kuester; or the time in Philly, when Stuckey received a DNP because he either lead or was a major influence of the "Philly Mutiny," again during the "Great" John Kuester's tenure, as coach of OUR beloved Pistons.

Then there are the times, last year, when Stuckey looked disinterested, while playing a second season under the overrated and ill-prepared, Lawrence Frank. Pardon me, I mean the "Great" Lawrence Frank.

I suspect Stuckey's negative ways developed during his second year during the "Great" Michael Curry's only year, as Head Coach. This had to be when Stuckey started with his negative ways, influencing mostly veterans like Allen Iverson, Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace, and Ben Wallace.

Me, I don't believe that Stuckey is this force of negative influence. I do agree that Stuckey has not had a coach with any credibility since his rookie season under Flip. Curry, Kuester, and L. Frank did not know what the hell they were doing.

Mo' Cheeks doesn't come with the most impressive record, but the guy does come with a level of credibility. He (Mo) is a man of great humility. I am confident that the current roster, to a man, will respect Cheeks and have a higher level of confidence in his coaching philosophy. They will respect that he is an NBA Champion, has played with some of the greats: Doctor "J", Barkely, Moses, Mahorn. Has been coached by some of the greats, like Daddy Rich; and the fact that after 22 years since Mo' retired he remains the in the top eleven in assists (11th - 7,392)and top ten in steals (5th - 2,310), resonates with the current roster of Pistons, who played in 1,100 games.

I like Greivis Vasquez, too. But, right now, I like Stuckey much, much more.

I am of the belief that Mo' would be a fantastic influence on B. Knight, Stuckey, and Siva for that matter.

Personally, I think Stuckey coming off as the 6th-man with a little Middleton sprinkled in makes OUR guard rotation tight. If Jonas can back-up at SF spot, and Tony Mitchell backup the power forward position and have Singler come in spotting up from time to time, as a flexible and potent squad.

PG- B. Knight/Stuckey/Siva
SG- KCP/Middleton/Singler
SF- J-Smoove/Jerebko
PF- Moose/T. Mitch/Charlie V.
C- Dre Drummond/the Ukraine

Only adding J-Smoove to the current roster at a respectable $14 million/4 years gets US at the cap minimum with money to extend Moose and possibly (don't scream) resigning Stuckey, next season.

Remember, the 2013-2014 season will be a contract season for my man, Stuckey. You got to figure, Stuckey who turns 28 in April 2014 will be seeking another NBA contract.
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

One fans opinion

Post  deusXango on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:52 pm

"Gay himself has negative value, and that trade just sounds like Dumars asking for trouble."-NBC Sports: Pro Basketball Talk 7/2/2013
Leading with a statement like that, how in the hell can Rudy Gay be an upgrade? The numbers have long borne out the fact that Gay was wayyy overpaid, for the middling numbers he puts up (when you take 21 shots to score 16 pts. something's wrong). I'm not a fan of Rudy Gay, and you all can tell by now.

Rondo is a triple-double machine and a player who is tough as nails, however, there are so many flaws that will destroy a developing team like we have now, it's amazing that so many fans overlook that, to get a PG who looked good surrounded by HOFers, none of whom could stand him. The coach couldn't stand him, and Doc Rivers, I believe, is more mentally tough than Mo Cheeks. I can't believe that fans were so sold on Stuckey as PG, for so many unsuccessful years, but now they're looking for perfection in all the wrong places. Knight hasn't shown anything positive in the first year and a half of his career, I'll concede that, but with a starting group of Monroe, Drummond, Smith, and Caldwell-Pope on the floor with him, and a coach with an offensive design and plays to be executed, I think he'll be a different player, much like Rondo was in Boston with the "Big 3." You want PG reassurance? Trade for Vasquez, and we'll have at least two capable distributors for the offense in Vasquez and Siva should Knight falter. The key, I keep saying is, rid the team of Stuckey's negative influence before training camp starts.

I want to see those four big men rotate and kick Miami's ass in January at the Palace; that's who I'll come out in the cold to see play. Monroe, Drummond, Smith, and Mitchell excite my imagination, and Cheeks, with the help of Rasheed (if we bring him on board) can get the most out of that diverse group of big men. I'm excited about the perimeter bombing of Caldwell-Pope coming down the floor, stopping, raising up at the 3 line, and all nets; Middleton in the corner, pump faking, driving around a stupefied defender, and slamming or dishing to one of the big men to handle the embarrassment of the opposition; the crowd goes wild! All those nights with slow ass Prince, waiting for the occasional "thunder dunk" from Maxiell, those f@@#ked up unsuccessful drives by Stuckey, and all the mediocre play that bored us to death, can be behind us; WTF are we concerned about the cost for, when the man who's paying isn't? Does the headband down over his eyes, with a sneer on his lips frighten some fans and that's why they say all these unverifiable things about Josh Smith? You don't like his on court demeanor? What about his end of the day results? Let's go for the gusto. Go Pistons!!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Process of Elimination

Post  merc on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:14 pm

They start of with grand illusions of signing tier 1 FAs... then they start to understand that there are 10 or so teams that have money to burn and Detroit is not the top choice of destinations.
CBS "Based on that possibility, the Pistons were among the first teams to reach out to the Celtics and express interest in acquiring Rondo, the All-Star point guard who is coming off an ACL injury, league sources told CBSSports.com. Having already made lucrative pitches to free agents Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala, Pistons president Joe Dumars also has registered interest in Raptors forward Rudy Gay, one source said."
At least he's trying
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Checking in...

Post  Oracle on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Lemon, I agree about the phones, but that's what I'll have to do as I leave for Orlando tonight!

I was pissed that the Pistons play on Sunday and I come back on Saturday!

Oh well, it's for the kiddies....
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JS

Post  lemonpen on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Got to thinking about how Smith would fit and a look back in time makes me think we may resemble Cheeks sixers.
Our pieces are not as advanced as jones / malone / erving / toney / or cheeks but have similarities. If anyone can manage what is suspected as ill fitting pieces I'm thinking mo might.
Posting from phone is difficult.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Folks there will be a trade(s) of some sort ...

Post  Sebastian on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

There are currently 9 players currently under contract:

1. Charlie V., 2. Stuckey, 3. Jerebko, 4. Moose, 5. B. Knight, 6. Dre Drummond, 7. the Ukraine, 8. Singler, 9. Middleton.

Very soon, KCP (10), will be under contract, as 1st round draft picks are guaranteed to receive a three year contract, so it is safe to say that there are 10 players under contract.

If T. Mitch plays with the required "fire" that Joe mandated, during the Orlando Summer League then there's a great chance that he will receive a contract.

Additionally, Silva may garner a contract, if he plays like he did last season as a Cardinal.

English's 2013-14 is not guaranteed if waived before July 12, 2013, fully guaranteed after that.

So, if T. Mitch (11) and Silva (12) are offered contracts and English (13) is not waived before Friday July 12, then OUR roster is 13 deep with no available roster spot remaining. (Note: The current CBA requires that teams carry a 13-man active roster.)

You got to believe there is a trade or two, yet to happen.
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:21 pm

deusXango wrote:Matt Moore, clearly doesn't want J-Smoove or Iggy to come to the Pistons for some unknown reason, but he made it sound good. "The power of the devil is in his tongue." Tom Gores doesn't have to know a damn thing about how the game of basketball is played, as long as he's signing as many basketball checks as he does; he's allowed to DEMAND results and there are people paid to respond to those demands. First it was Karen Davidson, now it's Tom Gores; we need to cut that bullsh!t out and look to the basketball people to get things done, and done right, without all the excuses!

This last draft was widely talked about as being a weak draft, from top to bottom, so I don't know why we think we can compete with who we drafted, because they were good and promising draft picks; they need grooming and the grooming process is going to take from 2 to 3 years, and doing this time they come off the bench! We're building around Monroe, remember? (Fans talk that nonsense about trading him, but he was the foundation to build on a couple of years ago.) Drummond is an exceptional physical specimen and very gifted athlete, but Monroe is the lone big with the pro experience; he will soon yield leadership to Drummond, but in reality, this is a sophomore player who averaged 20 minutes a game for his rookie campaign, and that campaign consisted of less than 60 games. The dumbass coach responsible for that waste of talent and time is gone, but none the less, Drummond is going to have to learn how to play with Monroe, not the other way around. (I can hear the butt holes tightening up from here.) Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala are two reliable veteran pieces to bring in to push Monroe, straighten out the twisted locker room, suppress the negative effect of Rodney Stuckey, push players like Mitchell, Middleton, Singler, and Caldwell-Pope to become the best they can be, and allow Knight to find his way as our PG. This is going to be necessary, because Drummond and Monroe are going to need them to be at their best when their time to rule comes, and Iggy and Smith are all played out. Right now they make more sense than starting Prince and Maxiell, plus Drummond should be a starter this year! Who the hell thinks Tayshaun and Maxey were just as good or better than J-Smoove and Iggy? Our projected starting lineup and a stronger game coaching mind at the helm, with a smarter and more talented bench will make a difference we've yet to envision. The playoffs are doable, and the second round is possible.

Oracle, I got a little long winded with your answer, but the only other option is what I had been talking about, and that is to take a gamble on more players to grow with; Al-Farouq Aminu and Greivis Vasquez who although they are promising and progressing, won't get us into the second round of the playoffs, providing they got us there. I like Gores attitude, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the way Dumars is handling his business; can't wait to see how this all shakes out and what Cheeks does when the ball is in his court.

Well said dX. My worry before was Smith's past history as a pretty weird guy off the court and in the locker room. But he offers what Detroit really needs right now. He can play two positions well especially on defense. We will beat the weak teams consistently next season with him and win some games against good teams if the Pistons land Smith and the young pistons show a lot of improvement. It will be almost a given that that will happen because some of the players who made the team look bad might be gone. Is there a real chance that Detroit can get both Smith and Iggy?

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:10 pm

merc wrote:The Rockets are recruiting current and former players to give an all out blitz to land Howard... what is Joe & Gores doing to land high end FA's?
Hire some strippers... take em on a yact... provide the finest cuisine and beverages a millionaire can buy... then slip em a mickey and hand them the pen... sign zee papers por favor drunken

Mercury this sounds a lot like what happened after the War of 1812 when a few smart American officers took the British commanding officer and his staff on a booze cruise on Lake Huron. At the time, The Brits. had a fort on Drummond Island and as rumored that night after heavy drinking and other undisclosed happenings, Great Britain's representatives signed the treaty and map designations created by the Americans. Little did the British officers realize that they had given away Drummond Island which is my favorite place in the entire State of Michigan. I believe that your plan might work with Smith.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Facts of Life

Post  lemonpen on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:02 am

Well, JS just got his feelings bruised by the Rockets. Word, there is a FA pecking order.

The Houston Rockets told Atlanta Hawks free-agent forward Josh Smith during their meeting Monday in Los Angeles that they will make him a contract offer if they don’t sign Los Angeles Lakers free-agent center Dwight Howard, a league source told Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo! Sports

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#iu9GUJU2ELxMiusQ.99

That could be good news for Piston fans. I'm sure JS is considered #1 priority here.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Natural Born Small Foward

Post  WTF on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:03 am

Now this Tim Tweeney or whoever he is writes his dumb article on Josh Smith. He writes that Josh Smith is everything you would want as a player defensively, touts his offensive numbers than goes on to say the Pistons shouldn't sign him because he might shoot to many jump shots if he's plays the Small Forward position.

Some of these writers are writing just to be writing stuff and most of it doesn't make any since at all. For all the other things that Smith would positively bring on both ends of the floor this clowns come up with jump shots as an issue. facepalm 
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  Oracle on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:31 am

@Merc - If they continue to insist on that strange name, then Birdman is the perfect representative Smile

@Wise - Solid post! on this you're consistent, backing Joe to make bold moves! As they say, faint heart never wins a fair lady(and gets the nookie Smile ).

@Seb - That "WE are in Joe's head" was excellent, good work! On CV, all I want to say to him is that there's life after basketball, a sport he used to play years ago.

So I hope he's looking forward to being closer to his own kind... as soon as science can determine what that kind is Smile

Linkaroos....

What's the deal with McMillian? -  Pacers Name Nate McMillan Associate Head Coach

WTF: Speaking of Crazy Birds - Pelicans act fast, offer $44 million to Tyreke Evans

Rondo News - Celtics' Ainge says Rondo not on trade block
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Birdman

Post  merc on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:57 am

The Pelicans would like to sign Birdman to be the new team mascot Smile 
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Pitch

Post  merc on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:07 am

The Rockets are recruiting current and former players to give an all out blitz to land Howard... what is Joe & Gores doing to land high end FA's?
Hire some strippers... take em on a yact... provide the finest cuisine and beverages a millionaire can buy... then slip em a mickey and hand them the pen... sign zee papers por favor drunken

Last edited by merc on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have 2nd thoughts?

Post  WTF on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:01 am

Oracle wrote:I didn't, but after reading this article(see below), I'm having 2nd, 3rd and even 4th thoughts!

The biggest elephant and problem in the room is a basketball ignorant owner(Gores) that is pushing all of the wrong buttons and has Joe between a rock and a hard place.

What's the difference from a mandate to win and a mandate to improve and get it right? Well, it's a whole lot of bad decisions that could set you back for years and destroy a promising core!

Destruction is of course, the worst case and isn't likely, but getting set back for years is frighteningly easy to do!

So, I'm calling on some of the basketball minds I trust... you crazy dudes, to take a look at this article and see if you have any 2nd thoughts because this guy lays it out pretty clearly!

Why are the Pistons pursuing Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala again?

I never been big on what's been the latest and greatest trend and I hated that Joe got caught up in it.  I'll be damn if we didn't win with the likes of Rodman, and Aguire, Tayshuan, and Corliss manning our SF positions in our title runs.  There is no way in hell would I blink on signing Smith who happens to have a little of all 4 of these players games.  

Really if Joe was to add both Iggy and Smith to Monroe, Drummond and Knight we're immediately contending next season. These talking heads get to caught in trends and fades its stupid and they come up with dumb article like this.  And if this kid Pope is all he suppose to be as a shooter  what the f@ck is this Moore character talking about.  Joe still have players like CV, JJ and Singler to stretch the defense.  

I mean really if we choose to we could find something wrong with any and everything Joe does in FA signings.  Moore needs to realize that the risk works both ways but the biggest risk would be Joe sitting on his scared ass and doing nothing.  Joe could listen asses like Moore and find himself with a 8th seed team, or he could shoot for players like Smith and Iggy and at worst be a ECF finalist.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DX: Thanks... I needed that!

Post  Oracle on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 pm

DX, I'm serious, I needed that response because in that post, you made me realize that while BOTH Josh Smith and Ander Iguodala bring risks, the potential reward is great if handled right!

I think you're right about Joe, and the threat of losing his job has forced him to dig deep and find his MOJO again!

Joe's not a big risk taker, but he does and will take calculated risk, and that's where he's at!

Unfortunately it's far from a done deal, but if anything works, I'm hoping it's the josh Smith deal because it has the biggest upside and he's still young!

We could be in trouble with him since we won't be offering the maximum, he may string the process out to see if anyone will offer the max, and the D. Ho(thanks lemon) losers will have a ton of cash and nowhere to spend it except on the next biggest name... Josh Smith!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JC still in the mix

Post  merc on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:38 pm

ESPN...
"Jose Calderon is one of the better point guards on the free agent market, and there is certainly still room for him back in Detroit. But are the Pistons even interested in bringing him back?

You bet they are. ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports on Twitter this morning that the Pistons' top priority this summer is to get either Josh Smith or Andre Iguodala, and he adds that the "Pistons are also intent on bringing back Jose Calderon."

If Detroit can manage to do both, they will be set up well for next season, with Calderon and Smith/Iguodala providing the veteran leadership to a young team that also adds promising rookie wing Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to the mix."
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Inspiration

Post  deusXango on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Players like Smith and Mitchell who tend to "float" will be inspired by the championship big men around them and should tend to listen (NBA players do have respect for those who came before them, and have a sense of history). Rasheed Wallace, as an assistant coach, visits by Big Ben, and Rick Mahorn will inspire these extremely talented big men to become more mentally tough and focused. All the past Pistons who wear the hardware of championships will command respect from top to bottom, or they're out of here. I like the way Cheeks came in, reminding all who're concerned, take pride in being a Piston; that's old school!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum